Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

efanton wrote: »
    I am so glad that you agree.

A unity government is exactly what we need at the moment. It seems FF and FG are each trying to do solo runs, and neither actually remember the terms of their own program for government.
    We have a Green party that signed an agreement, yet are now being forced by Dail whips to vote for something totally different.

PUP was a temporary payment for those STILL EMPLOYED but unable to work due to COVID. Suddenly, although still officially in employment, workers claiming the PUP might have to prove they are seeking work.
    If they were unemployed they wouldn't be claiming PUP they would be claiming job seekers allowance.
    They are either employed or unemployed.
    You couldn't make it up its such a farce.

We had FG promising that no one would be made homeless due to not being able to fully pay their rents before the coalition was formed. Now that a coalition has been formed FG/FG can dispense with the niceties and now do an about turn on that promise.

We have restrictions on public transport, yet anyone can waltz in to the country through any airport, simply give an address where they might or might not be staying for two weeks and continued on as if nothing happened.
    You would think at the very least the government would have informed airlines and travel agencies that they could not issue a return ticket to Ireland less than 14 days. If it was less than 14 days how were these people ever going to self isolate? Yet this is happening.
    I would be curious to find out exactly how many of these addresses given are actually checked on, and whether these people actually stay there for 14 days or ever self isolated at all.

Now they expect to reopen all the schools having only come up with a plan a month before students return. School are expected to hire additional staff, and reorganise study areas so that social distancing can be adhered to. Some school didnt even have enough space for their students before covid, so I dread to think what cockeyed plan they have for these schools. Maybe a certain someone will get yet another government contract to provide portacabins or quick build accommodation at the last minute. Why wasnt the planning for this done months ago, its hardly a surprise that schools and Universities reopen in September.

At the beginning of May we had a total of 1000 available beds in our hospital. Now we have only 500 yet despite promises to increase permanent capacity and staffing in our hospitals nothing has happened. Is this government going to wait for a 2nd wave to happen before they actually do anything?

A unity government is exactly what we need. At least we would not have the constant screw ups we have had since this collation was being formed.
    THe alternative is to wait for the Green party to self implode or withdraw from government citing that they are being forced to vote for measures they did not agree too.
    At least with a Unity government nothing is agreed until all parties agree. No unexpected U-turns, no sudden changes to policies or the program for government, no ministers doing solo runs, or a deputy Taoiseach actually thinking he is still the Taoiseach. What the country needs now more than ever is stability and this coalition is about as stable as a seesaw.

Which would you prefer a unity government, or a general election?
    Because the way things are going that is exactly the choice this country will face before the year is out.

'We're all in this together' my hole.
    The PUP was to keep the lights on while people found out where they stood and if/when their job was opening. Of course FG use these people to point at to save their own blushes. Another FG kick in the teeth for people down on their luck. Not a normal party.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    'We're all in this together' my hole.
    The PUP was to keep the lights on while people found out where they stood and if/when their job was opening. Of course FG use these people to point at to save their own blushes. Another FG kick in the teeth for people down on their luck. Not a normal party.

What are “normal parties”

Ones with guys who exult in having “broken the State” (their own state) in senior frontline positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

ronivek wrote: »
    A consequence of this fact is that FF and FG have the majority of experience in actually governing the country; as opposed to the serial oppositionists and sometimes county councillors who make up the majority of the other parties.

I'm not sure that now is really an appropriate time to hand the reigns to Sinn Fein and let them try and engage in actual national governance or international diplomacy.
    "reigns" I thought the Shinners were against royalty.
    Or maybe its "reins"

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What are “normal parties”

Ones with guys who exult in having “broken the State” (their own state) in senior frontline positions?

One of the Ministers who was involved in actually breaking the state in 2008 is now Taoiseach, thanks to Leo and friends.

One of the Ministers who was involved in actually breaking the state in 2008 is now Taoiseach, thanks to Leo and friends.

All's forgotten if there's an aide de camp and a pay rise in it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I think you should read up on the crash....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Shefwedfan wrote: »

It's been 12 years... refresh our memories...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

:-)

Thats one way of explaining it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the only joy i get out of this government is the fact that I knew they were going to **** everything up - which they are on the way to doing - and that it can only do the left good.

maccored wrote: »
    the only joy i get out of this government is the fact that I knew they were going to **** everything up - which they are on the way to doing - and that it can only do the left good.

What “left”?

• Advertisement

What “left”?

If you don't know that, this thread is not the best place to be posting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Let me guess SF were in government, Mary Lou decided unilaterally to bail out the bond holders without the finance minister knowledge, he only found out after the decision was made, and then to add insult to injury they told ordinary people that it was their fault and they were living beyond their means.

I think you need to take a reality pill if you believe that the bailout fiasco and the later austerity measures were not totally down to the incompetence of the FF government.

Let me guess SF were in government, Mary Lou decided unilaterally to bail out the bond holders without the finance minister knowledge, he only found out after the decision was made, and then to add insult to injury they told ordinary people that it was their fault and they were living beyond their means.

I think you need to take a reality pill if you believe that the bailout fiasco and the later austerity measures were not totally down to the incompetence of the FF government.

100% Mary Lou's fault, everything is. Wasn't she even at fault for not been seen in public while she had Coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

What “left”?

Thats what people were asking the last time FF were in government.
    FF put this country into beggary and we are still paying for it.

There was absolutely nothing left when FF got kicked out of power.

Cheered on by FG and supported by the Greens.

PFG, what could go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

maccored wrote: »

Left!!

Same five or six bullhorn bums at every ‘protest’ going.

Don’t think so.

A lot of responses but nobody actually answered the question

What is the “left”? Who are you saying is the “left”?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Someone asnwers Sheffy's question before his head pops. He's got a dynamite theory about "the left" that he's bursting to tell everybody about.

A lot of responses but nobody actually answered the question

What is the “left”? Who are you saying is the “left”?

Left-wing politics supports social equality and egalitarianism!

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Left-wing politics supports social equality and egalitarianism!

Who are the left maybe is a better question? Just interested as I don’t know and I know the political Minded people around here will

1. Advertisement
      2. Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Who are the left maybe is a better question? Just interested as I don’t know and I know the political Minded people around here will

The usual middle classs college goons who ease their rich boy guilt by telling the working class what to think.

3. Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Edgware wrote: »
        The usual middle classs college goons who ease their rich boy guilt by telling the working class what to think.

Who are the working class? Are they class of people who work, and get up early in the morning?

4. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Sinn Féin. The current-day party is a Republican party which takes a more left wing stance on economics and social policy.

You knew this though so why ask

5. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

Edgware wrote: »

Wrong. They tell the workshy how to screw the system. The working class are too busy working to pay for the support of said workshysters.

6. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Wrong. They tell the workshy how to screw the system. The working class are too busy working to pay for the support of said workshysters.

Id be working class, working 37.5 wasting most my wages on Rent and Childcare, while our leaders are some of the highest paid politicians in Europe (fair enough if they were good at their job, the country's a ****ing shambles no matter sector you look at)

Childcare
        Healthcare
        Homeless
        Mental Health
        Criminals roaming streets free
        Gardai scared of the same criminals
        Education
        Direct Provision

The list is endless

7. Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

McMurphy wrote: »
        Who are the working class? Are they class of people who work, and get up early in the morning?
        No, the "working class" now are actually the neuveau riche lifetime dolers

8. Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Sinn Féin. The current-day party is a Republican party which takes a more left wing stance on economics and social policy.

Maybe to give me the opportunity to point out that Sinn Fein are not a left wing party, they are a fascist party

9. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

ELM327 wrote: »
        No, the "working class" now are actually the neuveau riche lifetime dolers

They could simply stop this by giving Food Vouchers and Fuel Vouchers that cant be used for alcohol fags etc but the Govt dont have the balls to do it

10. Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

They could simply stop this by giving Food Vouchers and Fuel Vouchers that cant be used for alcohol fags etc but the Govt dont have the balls to do it

Absolutely, but the problem is, many countries have tried this, but none have found a way to make it fool proof (ie stop bars accepting the vouchers)

Perhaps a debit card with the funds and a list of allowed items would work.

I remember being on the dole in 2008 for 9 months and couldnt believe they just handed me 204.30 in cash. No questions asked. I could literally have bought heroin on the way home.

11. Advertisement
      12. Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

We are one of the few countries to have a left wing extreme nationalist party. We can't even do national pride correctly.
        Nationalism should be right wing.

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement