Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The Green party are not happy with this at all

Leo warns of a Political Crisis if deal is rejected (****ting himself)

Martin says that he's receiving "strong" support (not that the party are behind him)

The togs are brown already

The Green party are not happy with this at all

Leo warns of a Political Crisis if deal is rejected (****ting himself)

Martin says that he's receiving "strong" support (not that the party are behind him)

The togs are brown already

Its great oul drama really :pac:

Posh boys and corruption crew,come together to shaft the lettuce growers,while blaming everything on RA-heads/shinners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Did Mary Lou just say there is still an alternative government that could be formed led by SF???

Nah seriously.

Delusional - she's obviously been inhaling far too much of the Slab's laundered diesel fumes.

I reckon that it's slowly dawning on her that she'll be Leader of the Opposition until she's well into in her 50's - and Pearse isn't going to hang around waiting patiently until she decides to go.

Posh boys and corruption crew,come together to shaft the lettuce growers,while blaming everything on RA-heads/shinners

And all the time the Soc Dems sit smugly on the fence preening and plucking their eyebrows and pretending that they're politicians.

And all the time the Soc Dems sit smugly on the fence preening and plucking their eyebrows and pretending that they're politicians.

Ya love to see it really

keRthMgiPNjYBv9r5

Soc dems presently

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Really is, shambles of a thing from the start.

Leo even this morning looking the Independents to join the fun. "Hey guys, we decided what we want, we didn't let you have a say in the plans but do you want to jump on board"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Be the hokey. JingleJangle the consumate Paddy Angryman on another homeless meltdown.

The wheels are coming off the wagon; I feel it in my waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Faugheen wrote: »
    The **** is this nonsense about what count they were elected in?

In the GE in Wicklow:

FG: 25.8% among three candidates
    SF: 24.3% among one

In Dublin Bay South:

FG: 27.7% among two candidates
    SF: 16.1% among one.

I hated this phrase at the time but Leo really is onto something when he refers to them as ‘Spin Fein’. It’s almost like they prefer the First Past The Post system over PRSTV or people like you have no understanding of it.

It matters nothing what count you were elected in. Fact is they were all elected.

What count they got in shows how utterly despised they are and a reflection of their performance in office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The document is in the words of the people who created it a 'wishlist'...stuff that 'might happen' given a fair wind.

As some reticent Greens on the radio said today, they are sick of FG's and FF's 'wishing' and 'kicking balls down the road'.

It hasn't the status of a manifesto even as it isn't costed...and we know what generally happens manifesto's with the power swap parties.

So now your saying the programme for government which they have spent weeks discussing is now irrelevant?

Ya love to see it really

keRthMgiPNjYBv9r5

Soc dems presently

I love to see Holly Cairns right enough - but Christy O'Suillivan got there ahead of me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So now your saying the programme for government which they have spent weeks discussing is now irrelevant?

You're ignorant to the esteem, general competency and trust the FG parliamentary party is regarded with within other members of the Oireachtas.

Nobody is too far removed from the levers of power in this country. If you don't know someone in the mix, ask a friend to ask someone who does.

The first thing they'll mention is the bluster, the arrogance and entitlement.

A well known and widely respected TD once told me over a pint of porter that he entered political life with a rather benign view of the boys in blue, but was taken aback with to the extent with how they are the problem in the proper functioning of the state within short order.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not yet...wait until the deal is done and Michael goes to the Áras.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Absolutely can't understand how the usual SF lads are still obsessed with FG and its all they can go on about in this thread even though there is 2 other parties.

Its remarkable.

As a shinner, im delighted to see a ff/fg gov. in fact im pretty sure i predicted it last year. they'll ruin the place but as ive already said - they won be able to blame the other this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

By refusing to deal with FF/FG and Shortall leaving Labour, while in government at the time because of FG's rampant cronyism? Do you read the ****e you post or just repeat it? What complete bollo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's grease to get the wheels turning. FF/FG have little interest outside of FF/FG. The Greens are codding themselves.
    We know what we get from FF/FG, the Greens are nuts if they expect any different this government. The Greens deserve the coming obliteration.

It's getting fairly desperate around here for a few people. After trying to get everyone for weeks to listen to "we are going to next election" and daily posts about how the discussions were not going to plan, which only an insider would know more than on boards, we now have all the same posters trying to discredit the agreement

Really are very very desperate

maccored wrote: »
    As a shinner, im delighted to see a ff/fg gov. in fact im pretty sure i predicted it last year. they'll ruin the place but as ive already said - they won be able to blame the other this time

Cant make a bigger balls than the North is.....so at least they always have that to point at :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

So anyone with a different political view to you is basically an idiot.

This kind of thinking and talking down towards people who they feel are below them, got FG their worst election result since the 1940's. Keep it up

Just the idiots who believe the "magic beans" economic policy and similar guff spouted by Doherty and McDonald

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I bet they dont, never heard of him

Load of people want Michael Martin so lucky for us it looks like he will be

That was a close call I think :-)

I think he meant Mr Burns from the Simpsons. Has there ever been an more slithery, odious politician in Ireland than Meehole Martin? He would sell his granny for power.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yesterday I would have been fairly confident that this agreement would sail through the membership ratification process in Fianna Fáil and the Green Party. Today, I'm not as confident. Fianna Fáil representatives close to the leadership seem to be somewhat rattled by the no campaign in their own party, with one TD suggesting the Russians are behind it. I mean, that's just desperate stuff altogether and comes across as somewhat unhinged to me.

Then tonight we have the likes of the Green Party Finance Spokesperson Neasa Hourican, who is a heavy hitter in the party and well regarded amongst the membership, essentially coming out against the deal. It's all not as rosey as the spin machines led us to believe it was last night.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1272999967880290304

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yesterday I would have been fairly confident that this agreement would sail through the membership ratification process in Fianna Fáil and the Green Party. Today, I'm not as confident. Fianna Fáil representatives close to the leadership seem to be somewhat rattled by the no campaign in their own party, with one TD suggesting the Russians are behind it. I mean, that's just desperate stuff altogether and comes across as somewhat unhinged to me.

Then tonight we have the likes of the Green Party Finance Spokesperson Neasa Hourican, who is a heavy hitter in the party and well regarded amongst the membership, essentially coming out against the deal. It's all not as rosey as the spin machines led us to believe it was last night.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1272999967880290304

Is there still a possibility of cobbling something together with the Inds if the Greens decide not to play ball?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is there still a possibility of cobbling something together with the Inds if the Greens decide not to play ball?

I don't think they would be able to form a viable Government with just the backing of Independents. In reality a lot of the Independents are rural based and are hostile to the ideals contained in this PfG due to the influence of the Greens. The comments made by Michael Healy Rae today indicate that, he flat out rejected participation based on the PfG.

I think you would probably have a caretaker Government formed for a duration of a few weeks with a General Election scheduled for later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Russian bots. That is actually hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Cant make a bigger balls than the North is.....so at least they always have that to point at :p:p

so day, when you are fully grown, you'll understand whats happening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's getting fairly desperate around here for a few people. After trying to get everyone for weeks to listen to "we are going to next election" and daily posts about how the discussions were not going to plan, which only an insider would know more than on boards, we now have all the same posters trying to discredit the agreement

Really are very very desperate

There is no agreement. There's an aspirational wish-list that hasn't been costed and will therefore likely fall at the first hurdle - of which there'll be many given the economic woes we're about to face.

If and when the memberships fail to pass it, watch them all scurry for cover as they blame each other for elements that didn't sell (mostly the Greens)

And why.. because no-one cares about the Green agenda when it comes down to it (7% of voters who turned out), and certainly not given the costs of this fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's not surprising. They might get a Trump reference in yet, or maybe alt-something-or-other :rolleyes:

Y'know.. American identity politics and social media idiocy that has no place here in Ireland but yet is all the rage in the last few years.

Mary butler (waterford FF TD)went on wlr and claimed russians hacked her social media during the election campaign

Jesus.....and anyone who deosnt fall in line or dare vote for anyone else is lambasted all over media

maccored wrote: »
    so day, when you are fully grown, you'll understand whats happening there.

Well I think you should start with google and put in Northern Ireland budget

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I don't think they would be able to form a viable Government with just the backing of Independents. In reality a lot of the Independents are rural based and are hostile to the ideals contained in this PfG due to the influence of the Greens.

But surely FF/FG could ditch most of that if the Greens aren't involved? The numbers would be just about there within the FF & FG gene pools alone to put a government together.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

smurgen wrote: »
    What count they got in shows how utterly despised they are and a reflection of their performance in office.

No, it doesn’t.

If they were utterly despised they wouldn’t have got elected.

Fact is in the two examples you have presented, Fine Gael got more votes than Sinn Fein in those constituencies. You literally can’t twist that in any other way.

Once again, Shinners with no idea how the system works spewing lies to look intelligent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement