Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

smurgen wrote: »
    Era ye lads literally blamed the family of a dead man for the turnout of his funeral. Heart bleeds for ye.

Who are “era ye lads”?

Plus what are you talking about?

You think it’s ok to use some poor families down fortune to splash around here with glee?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Blah blah blah

Go outside and enjoy the sun would ya....spouting around on this thread 24 x 7 desperate to post anything which is critical of the government

All talk and no answers, similar to the party you support.

If all you care about when people are dying and business are closing is about how you can post about it on a forum you have a serious issue. These are people. Not something you should be rolling around in glee becuse you can post it here

Cop yourself on for once

I swear these lads wood up when bad news is announced.

All talk and no solutions.

Correct there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blah blah blah

Go outside and enjoy the sun would ya....spouting around on this thread 24 x 7 desperate to post anything which is critical of the government

All talk and no answers, similar to the party you support.

If all you care about when people are dying and business are closing is about how you can post about it on a forum you have a serious issue. These are people. Not something you should be rolling around in glee becuse you can post it here

Cop yourself on for once

Classic I have no counter argument, so try and personalize it, relating it to someone's post contribution, speaking of which, the irony of my post count in this thread being about 30% of that of your own will no doubt be completely lost on the likes of you.:D

McMurphy wrote: »
    Classic I have no counter argument, so try and personalize it, relating it to someone's post contribution, speaking of which, the irony of my post count in this thread being about 30% of that of your own will no doubt be completely lost on the likes of you.:D

I wasn’t looking for a counter argument.....

I wasn’t looking for a counter argument.....

Course you weren't - there isn't one, they fcuked up yet again.

You should however look for your self awareness though, because (to be fair), you seem to have left that somewhere in the water beside Michaél in his swimming jocks.

• Advertisement

Course you weren't - there isn't one, they fcuked up yet again.

You should however look for your self awareness though, because (to be fair), you seem to have left that somewhere in the water beside Michaél in his swimming jocks.

Seriously, take my advice. Cop on and stopped jumping around for joy at some poor person misfortune. Something not right if you can only feel joy at someone else sadness....

Seriously, take my advice. Cop on and stopped jumping around for joy at some poor person misfortune. Something not right if you can only feel joy at someone else sadness....

Sigh, this is not "one person's sadness" this relates 400k people in Kildare, Offaly and Laois, all under lockdown again because of outbreaks directly linked to a Dog food factory and in some meat processing plants.

As the "devastated" Mr Declan Brady attests to, nine weeks ago it was clear they were going to be a problem, and they did nothing**.

**Except that's not strictly true - they did send inspectors to the airport's to ensure Dec and Anto weren't heading off for a long weekend in Magaluf.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Stop personalizing the argument, posts like these are not acceptable. Report posts you believe are inappropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Sigh, this is not "one person's sadness" this relates 400k people in Kildare, Offaly and Laois, all under lockdown again because of outbreaks directly linked to a Dog food factory and in some meat processing plants.

As the "devastated" Mr Declan Brady attests to, nine weeks ago it was clear they were going to be a problem, and they did nothing**.

**Except that's not strictly true - they did send inspectors to the airport's to ensure Dec and Anto weren't heading off for a long weekend in Magaluf.

I'd have to half agree with you at least Mc.
    Different depts though tbf.
    But the greed involved in the owners/shareholders in these premises has a lot to do with it too.
    I see a big resignation has arisen from this situation too amid claims of warnings about this situation before it was acted upon, so it looks like there's culpability big time on the enforcement of safety procedures.
    It's sad to see a big setback because of lack of proper inspection procedures and greed.

I spent the week in Kerry, enjoyed it immensely, the crowds everywhere were tremendous, the staycations are a huge success I'd say.
    People are for the most part aware and acting very sensibly and there was a great atmosphere.
    It'd be a pity to see all that being spoiled or stopped because of the above.
    Coming back yesterday, driving between Castleisland and Limerick, the crowds heading to kerry was just unreal, unbroken lines of traffic and huge tailbacks at some towns.
    Then between Limerick and Galway I was on the m17 till Oranmore and huge traffic volumes in both directions.
    It'd be a huge pity to see lockdowns again.

My Jaysus..... and some folk would try to tell you the country is on its knees.

“How is it going Joxer...... aaaah struhhglinn , mate , sthrugglinn”.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

The fact that only know they are thinking of banning US travel means they never ever gave a damn about Covid cases in the first place. This government is a complete joke playing games with the people, beholden to nothing but special interests. This entire government should be in prison - forget losing their seats, they should be in prison for this. Lock them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bowie wrote: »
    No allegations.
    Even on the cooked books of FG/Murphy it was getting worse.
    When everyone including government recognises theres a crisis, theres a crisis.

You are making allegations to make light of a crisis. Nice.
    FG polices exacerbated the problems. You can tell by the way things got continually worse.

To quote Kenny, we need to change the way we do business' it's not just a FG problem.

Why the foolish allegation of cooking the books? As you have already identified as a Sinn Fein supporter and accordingly someone happy with all the "baggage" (to use a neutral phrase) that goes with that; it adds nothing to your argument or credibility to wheel out the old Trump strategy of sowing the idea that everyone is corrupt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    Why the foolish allegation of cooking the books? As you have already identified as a Sinn Fein supporter and accordingly someone happy with all the "baggage" (to use a neutral phrase) that goes with that; it adds nothing to your argument or credibility to wheel out the old Trump strategy of sowing the idea that everyone is corrupt.

It's a fact under Murphy they changed what constitutes being homeless. This brought the numbers down. Then they went back up. I call that cooking the books.
    I vote for SF when the mood takes me. If they had policies I didn't like I wouldn't. That's the difference. You are trying to infer some bias. My only bias is I don't like incompetence and cronyism. You are trying to dismiss sound criticism by inferring a bias based on party loyalty. This is not the case. Tackle the criticism not your imagined biases. Be honest. Play the ball not the man. SF aren't as important to me as they are to you.
    These are on going worsening, (except under recent Covid conditions) societal crises this past several years. Record breaking. As I said we need balance having the fifth highest number of Billionaires per capita with record breaking numbers of children homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

It's a fact under Murphy the changed what constitutes being homeless. This brought the numbers down. Then they went back up. I call that cooking the books.
    I vote for SF when the mood takes me. If they had policies I didnt like I wouldn't. That's the difference. You are trying to infer some bias. My only bias is I don't like incompetence and cronyism. You are trying to dismiss sound criticism by inferring a bias based on party loyalty. This is not the case. Tackle the criticism not your imagined biases. Be honest. Play the ball not the man. SF aren't as important to me as they are to you.

Think your last sentence is the most relevant.

It is very important to me that Sinn Fein who I regard as criminals and charlatans never get near power. You will overlook who they are on the basis of whatever they promise you.

I am prepared to deal with the fact that there are incompetents and chancers in every party but not to accept the Sinn Fein notion peddled so often here that there is some kind of institutionalised corruption in other parties.

Save a few individuals in every party I think most politicians want to do the best they can. I do not include Sinn Fein in that because 90% of their membership joined when it was run by Gerry Adams, a sinister malevolent director of murder and thuggery. So 90% the members they have are good with that so long as there is something in it for them. The other 10% are either good with that too or genuinely believe that poor Mary Lou is running something. On that I am with the Garda Commissioner

Truthvader wrote: »
    Think your last sentence is the most relevant.

It is very important to me that Sinn Fein who I regard as criminals and charlatans never get near power. You will overlook who they are on the basis of whatever they promise you.

I am prepared to deal with the fact that there are incompetents and chancers in every party but not to accept the Sinn Fein notion peddled so often here that there is some kind of institutionalised corruption in other parties.

Save a few individuals in every party I think most politicians want to do the best they can. I do not include Sinn Fein in that because 90% of their membership joined when it was run by Gerry Adams, a sinister malevolent director of murder and thuggery. So 90% the members they have are good with that so long as there is something in it for them. The other 10% are either good with that too or genuinely believe that poor Mary Lou is running something. On that I am with the Garda Commissioner

You ignored all my points to talk totally about Sinn Fein.
    I spoke on societal issues we need look at. I'm not as interested in Sinn Fein as you are. If you just want to talk about SF don't quote me speaking on other issues.
    You queried me on the 'cooking the books'. I explained. Now you are off on a shinner rant. Tiresome. Have fun.

As I said we need balance having the fifth highest number of Billionaires per capita with record breaking numbers of children homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

I don't like SF at all, but our combined FFG government have nearly snuffed out in less than a year through coronavirus negligence, the same number of people the IRA killed during the entire Troubles - and it's not merely an incompetent form of negligence, nor were these deaths unavoidable - it's negligence through choosing the economy over lives (and then having to shut down the economy anyway despite that choice...).

SF I believe are fully capable of being as corrupt as FF/FG - in their own different/unique way - but the entire history of the state has been marred with continuous repetitve corruption from FF/FG.

As corrupt as SF are, the only good thing to say about that, is that they haven't gotten to exercise that corruption while in power yet, the way FF/FG have. Which they no doubt will if they get into power - and which I have no expectation of being worse than FF/FG, who have had most of a century to hone their craft of corruption while rotating in power (and you can certainly see up North, the incompetence of how corruption is executed up there - where parties down South look like machiavellian masters in comparison).

One of the concerns today is the people hired in from Poland and elsewhere to work in the meat processing factories. They don't even pay tax in Ireland as they are hired through companies based abroad. So we've this large industry using foreign workers tax resident elsewhere and expected to supply their own PPE. These are the 'recent' hot spots, although looking abroad it's been an issue for some months likely it was in Ireland too.
    'Everyone's on top of you, sneezing and coughing': life inside Ireland's meat plants
    Workers share Covid-19 fears over lack of social distancing, crowded accommodation and being forced to buy their own PPE.

Conditions
    An Irish Farmers Journal investigation has revealed a complex legal web of worker recruitment methods by meat factories.

It includes subcontractors and agencies, and results in foreign workers in Irish meat factories paying tax in Poland instead of Ireland.

Employees

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/could-the-real-taoiseach-please-stand-up-39434324.html

Could the real Taoiseach please stand up
    Some of his critics in Fine Gael say Micheál Martin has the appearance of a substitute teacher filling in before the actual one returns, says Hugh O'Connell
    Shane Ross, Finian McGrath and John Halligan were having their picture taken on the Leinster House plinth last Wednesday afternoon when one mischievous Fianna Fáil TD shouted across from the car park: "Come back! All is forgiven!"

The optics aren't good at all for MM lately. I cant wait to see how they handle the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

[
    The optics aren't good at all for MM lately. I cant wait to see how they handle the budget.

I agree about optics. I think the budget could be back of a fag packet stuff, don't think anyone will be able to say with certainty what income will be.

This is not good...
    Ireland's 14-day incidence of Covid-19 cases per 100,000 now higher than the UK - ECDC

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0810/1158251-coronavirus-masks-mandatory/

Complete lock down at the airport and Back to stage one IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This is not good...

Complete lock down at the airport and Back to stage one IMO.

Guess to show your implied support for opening up Ireland and the pubs sooner was a bit foolish?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Dail recall some day this week to vote on New restrictions?

Maybe, but if its the case, then we only have ourselves to blame.
    The government gives advice, some people follow it, some don't and then people want to blame the government...
    At the end of the day personal responsibility comes into it. If everyone wore a mask and didn't act like dicks then we would be OK.

markodaly wrote: »
    Guess to show your implied support for opening up Ireland and the pubs sooner was a bit foolish?

Your magical reading of something I never said.

I asked how come it was okay to open schools but not bars without food and under what basis?
    As social distancing would be an issue in schools too.
    Favouring attack over debate as usual Marko.

Your magical reading of something I never said.

I asked how come it was okay to open schools but not bars without food and under what basis?
    As social distancing would be an issue in schools too.
    Favouring attack over debate as usual Marko.

On the basis of the advice of NPHET.
    Do you disagree with that advice? If you do, on what scientific basis do you disagree on? Voodoo? Magic beans? Tea Leaves in a pot?

Do you know the North have adopted the same policy...?

On the basis of the advice of NPHET.
    Do you disagree with that advice? If you do, on what scientific basis do you disagree on? Voodoo? Magic beans? Tea Leaves in a pot?

Do you know the North have adopted the same policy...?

I'm looking to better understand it by asking questions.
    You're inferring responses and getting irate, again. You'll be calling me Matt soon.
    Desperate to turn every post to a N.I. one. As it stands seems the UK are faring better.

I'm looking to better understand it by asking questions.
    You're inferring responses and getting irate, again. You'll be calling me Matt soon.
    Desperate to turn every post to a N.I. one. As it stands seems the UK are faring better.

Im inferring that you know nothing and are an empty vessel when it comes to any scientific basis of anything to do with this pandemic.
    You are just looking to score cheap points and wasting bandwidth.

So again, you ignore my simple question. You want to go against the advice of NPHET, you want to go against what the NI Executive has mandated.

Fine, but that puts you firmly in the MAGA hat wearing Trumper, G'oD and John Waters camp. If the cap fits?

Maybe, but if its the case, then we only have ourselves to blame.
    The government gives advice, some people follow it, some don't and then people want to blame the government...
    At the end of the day personal responsibility comes into it. If everyone wore a mask and didn't act like dicks then we would be OK.

Personal responsibility!!!!!

These lads wouldn’t know anything about that .

Bunch of stults wandering around seem to know nothing about what YOUR responsibilities are but are PHDs in knowledge of their entitlements.

Incredible....

Im inferring that you know nothing and are an empty vessel when it comes to any scientific basis of anything to do with this pandemic.
    You are just looking to score cheap points and wasting bandwidth.

So again, you ignore my simple question. You want to go against the advice of NPHET, you want to go against what the NI Executive has mandated.

Fine, but that puts you firmly in the MAGA hat wearing Trumper, G'oD and John Waters camp. If the cap fits?

You are basing that on your idea of what you think I'm thinking. That's more Psychic than scientific.
    I posted the latest on covid numbers and suggested we lockdown the airport and go back to stage one.
    Who am I attacking exactly?

Again, never said we should go against them. You made that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Lordy. Personal responsibility.

The countries that have outperformed in the pandemic (I'm thinking of places like Taiwan, NZ, South Korea), did so because they were organised, systematic, had hard measures at their border to mitigate case importation and community spread and communicated with their populace extremely effectively.

Kiwis or Taiwanese aren't a better class of human that practice Betty Boothroyd personal responsibility, they had an organised government and civil service that acted fast, and acted correctly.

Terminator 2 quotes don't crush a pandemic spread, organisation and implementation does.

Certian posters here also apparently find nothing wrong with meat plants acting the maggot and government being obseqious to the industry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement