Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So what your alternative?

SF, SD, PBP, Independents

Something needs to happen.

They are starting to make Boris look not that mad at all anymore.

FG are not happy that's clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

They better suck it up because we've a long way to go yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I asked what your alternative to what the government proposed yesterday......

Great to say they are wrong but what would you want an alternative to do?

Aul Eamon must be on the sleepy nighty snoozy snooze again.

https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1296020292956037120?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Any chance we can get back on topic, The Govt.

How long is this shambles going to continue. They are out of their depth like never before.

The criticism of the government could get lost like the boy who cried wolf but i agree that yesterday's announcement was a shambles. If we take your point about how long is the government going to continue, I'm not sure even how logistically we could have an election in the current environment? And are we still going to be left with a cobbled together government?

As regards the current situation, opening the schools looks like pie in the sky now. The only thing I could see working (as an armchair expert) is a zero covid strategy with mandatory supervised quarantine. But we would have to come to an agreement with the north to implement the same strategy. And while SF get plenty of deserved criticism, Arlene & co. would make them look reasonable in comparison.

• Advertisement

I asked what your alternative to what the government proposed yesterday......

Great to say they are wrong but what would you want an alternative to do?

Well for a start, do something about the Meat Factory's, Factory's in general causing the issues. Spot checks daily, closed down until they sort their **** out.

Sort out the arrivals in the airports, when asked about testing at airports during the press conference yesterday, Donnelly went onto to talk about online locator forms (ive heard that for 2 months now)

Stop tourists arriving, send them home unless they can prove they are here for more than 14 days (and put them up in City West until 14 days is up)

Not tell everyone to stay at home but send kids back school ignoring everything they said yesterday.

That is a start!

Well for a start, do something about the Meat Factory's, Factory's in general causing the issues. Spot checks daily, closed down until they sort their **** out.

Sort out the arrivals in the airports, when asked about testing at airports during the press conference yesterday, Donnelly went onto to talk about online locator forms (ive heard that for 2 months now)

Stop tourists arriving, send them home unless they can prove they are here for more than 14 days (and put them up in City West until 14 days is up)

Not tell everyone to stay at home but send kids back school ignoring everything they said yesterday.

That is a start!

None of that makes sense, if that was implemented it would cause more confusion.

No problem with people complaining about the new protocols. Some dont make sense to me but at least have somethign as an alternative.

None of that makes sense, if that was implemented it would cause more confusion.

No problem with people complaining about the new protocols. Some dont make sense to me but at least have somethign as an alternative.

So it makes no sense to stop tourists arriving into the country?

No sense to sort out the Factory's causing a large amount of the cases?

Ok for them after 2 months, to still have no online locator forms at airport?

Letting kids go back to school, on public transport (which we have been told not to use), in classrooms with 30 kids and 4 or 4 adults (we are told to only see 6 others at one time)

You cannot be defending this, every FF and FG person ive talked to this morning has noted its all a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Letting kids go back to school, on public transport (which we have been told not to use), in classrooms with 30 kids and 4 or 4 adults (we are told to only see 6 others at one time)

You cannot be defending this, every FF and FG person ive talked to this morning has noted its all a shambles

Shef Wed wants a white paper on recommendations.

The meat factories should be closed, cleaned and social distancing measures be implemented in the factories where it is practical. Start with the meat factories that have highest infection rates and work down the line then. Obiviously all the factories cant be shut at the one time so keeping some open while the others are being treated will keep the supply chaing going.

As for travel, it needs to be more robust than filling out a form and off ya go. The only real answer is to test people coming into the country and have them in quarentine till the test results come back.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Shef Wed wants a white paper on recommendations.

The meat factories should be closed, cleaned and social distancing measures be implemented in the factories where it is practical. Start with the meat factories that have highest infection rates and work down the line then. Obiviously all the factories cant be shut at the one time so keeping some open while the others are being treated will keep the supply chaing going.

As for travel, it needs to be more robust than filling out a form and off ya go. The only real answer is to test people coming into the country and have them in quarentine till the test results come back.

Dont need a white paper. But just interested to see what people say and its same rubbish. No plan. Of its close the meat factories, what about all other factories? do they get closed?

How do you tell what a tourist is v someone on business? stop anyone with a big suit case? even if you let them in are you telling me what human rights will allow you to lock them up for 14 days?

All these people shouting and roaring and they haven't a clue.

I don't agree with the plans, but I dont see anyone come up with an better alternative.

• Advertisement

I am asking you a simple question, you cannot answer. It's standard in Ireland, oh they are s**t. Then ask what the person would change and they stand with mouth open catching flies. Or come out with some half assed idea.

Shout and roar all you want, at least have half a plan to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Dont need a white paper. But just interested to see what people say and its same rubbish. No plan. Of its close the meat factories, what about all other factories? do they get closed?

How do you tell what a tourist is v someone on business? stop anyone with a big suit case? even if you let them in are you telling me what human rights will allow you to lock them up for 14 days?

All these people shouting and roaring and they haven't a clue.

I don't agree with the plans, but I dont see anyone come up with an better alternative.

Have other factories had covid infection rates like Meat factories and if they do then yes you treat them the same. This is not rocket science, it is a standard response to something like this.

As for the tourist vs business does it matter? Treat them all the same simple as that this does 2 things discourages people coming in and makes sure anyone coming in is not infected. Filling in a form and that's it is a load of crap.

I am asking you a simple question, you cannot answer. It's standard in Ireland, oh they are s**t. Then ask what the person would change and they stand with mouth open catching flies. Or come out with some half assed idea.

Shout and roar all you want, at least have half a plan to back it up.

Shouldn't the people with multiple special advisers on hundreds of thousands a year have the answers?

smurgen wrote: »
    Shouldn't the people with multiple special advisers on hundreds of thousands a year have the answers?

Well they have given answers but everyone else seems to think they know better. So if you know better then tell us?

Floppybits wrote: »
    Have other factories had covid infection rates like Meat factories and if they do then yes you treat them the same. This is not rocket science, it is a standard response to something like this.

As for the tourist vs business does it matter? Treat them all the same simple as that this does 2 things discourages people coming in and makes sure anyone coming in is not infected. Filling in a form and that's it is a load of crap.

The problem in the factories is people, I have had confirmed some staff put ice on them before going in to make sure they passed a test. So if you are closing all meat factories then you need to close all factories.

People have already been discouraged from coming into Ireland, that is not stopping them. So what is "threating them the same" mean? what are you going to do?

Well they have given answers but everyone else seems to think they know better. So if you know better then tell us?

Judging by the reaction in every paper, online and radio this morning you are in the minority in what you think thankfully, but then again no matter what they done(do) or dont do, you will always stand up for them

The problem in the factories is people, I have had confirmed some staff put ice on them before going in to make sure they passed a test. So if you are closing all meat factories then you need to close all factories.

People have already been discouraged from coming into Ireland, that is not stopping them. So what is "threating them the same" mean? what are you going to do?

So if your closing all pubs, you need to close all pubs serving food?

And you know the problem, is also the working conditions, been forced to work when ill as no sick pay and then share houses as they cant afford any better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

When I asked why open schools and not pubs because I was wondering how kids in a room all day could social distance but people in a pub couldn't, asked the question, I was accused of not following NPHET advice and later of constantly disputing NPHET advice :rolleyes:
    Now FF/FG/Green are loosely following that advice in some areas. Are they idiots or 'looking after their own'?
    That Berlin place over the weekend. '20 seconds of madness, nothing to see here'. Place should have been shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,253 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »
    When I asked why open schools and not pubs because I was wondering how kids in a room all day could social distance but people in a pub couldn't, asked the question, I was accused of not following NPHET advice and later of constantly disputing NPHET advice :rolleyes:
    Now FF/FG/Green are loosely following that advice in some areas. Are they idiots or 'looking after their own'?
    That Berlin place over the weekend. '20 seconds of madness, nothing to see here'. Place should have been shut down.

Plain as day what has been going on. When it goes tits up - 'we are just following advice'.

It will be very interesting to see if the GAA challenge to NPHET to come and explain the empirical evidence will come to anything.

This dithering and chaotic government have done their best to lose the support of the people.

Judging by the reaction in every paper, online and radio this morning you are in the minority in what you think thankfully, but then again no matter what they done(do) or dont do, you will always stand up for them

I havent stood up for them, can you read english. I have said a few times I don't agree.

What I am interested to see is with all your shouting and roaring what your alternative is?

• Advertisement

Plain as day what has been going on. When it goes tits up - 'we are just following advice'.

It will be very interesting to see if the GAA challenge to NPHET to come and explain the empirical evidence will come to anything.

This dithering and chaotic government have done their best to lose the support of the people.

So if they are "dithering and chaotic" whats your alternative Francie? please enlighten us all?

So if they are "dithering and chaotic" whats your alternative Francie? please enlighten us all?

Don't dither and avoid chaos?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Are you seriously asking what's the alternative to dithering and chaotic?

How's about assertive and organised? Decisive and calm? Should I go on?

Don't dither and avoid chaos?

Excellent advice Francie. That is exactly what they did. They came out with a set of guidelines to try and decrease the infection rate on covid. No messing around, here is guidelines.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Are you seriously asking what's the alternative to dithering and chaotic?

How's about assertive and organised? Decisive and calm? Should I go on?

You can go on. More than welcome. Maybe this time you might discuss the topic or you can continue to rant and rave like always with no particular point at all.

Your decision. A or B? I have a good odds on which you will choose.

Excellent advice Francie. That is exactly what they did. They came out with a set of guidelines to try and decrease the infection rate on covid. No messing around, here is guidelines.

Which, if you have your eyes open and ears has caused more chaos of confusion and incomprehension.

They are losing the support of the only thing that can beat this virus - the people.
    Why? Because they have been bull****ting that they are following expert advice when in fact they are giving into lobbies within the government parties...i.e. ignoring NPHET advice on numbers at weddings.

Which, if you have your eyes open and ears has caused more chaos of confusion and incomprehension.

No it hasn't. People know what they are/are not supposed to do they just don't like it. Big difference Francie. The risk of lockdown fatigue has been warned since March this year. It is now hitting.

They are losing the support of the only thing that can beat this virus - the people.
    Why? Because they have been bull****ting that they are following expert advice when in fact they are giving into lobbies within the government parties...i.e. ignoring NPHET advice on numbers at weddings.

You see now Francie you are making stuff up. The government have put together guidelines. Best you can come up with is the old "lobbies" cr*p. Next you will be telling us Denis O'Brien is behind it all.

If the "lobbies" really had control then all the pubs would be open, everything would be open. It is not. But sure don't let the truth get in the way of a good story,.

If you could even come up with an alternative, not sure how many times i have asked and the only bulls***ting I am seeing is from the select few posters. Between the lot of you not a single decent plan. Says it all doesn't it Francie>?

No it hasn't. People know what they are/are not supposed to do they just don't like it. Big difference Francie. The risk of lockdown fatigue has been warned since March this year. It is now hitting.

You see now Francie you are making stuff up. The government have put together guidelines. Best you can come up with is the old "lobbies" cr*p. Next you will be telling us Denis O'Brien is behind it all.

If the "lobbies" really had control then all the pubs would be open, everything would be open. It is not. But sure don't let the truth get in the way of a good story,.

If you could even come up with an alternative, not sure how many times i have asked and the only bulls***ting I am seeing is from the select few posters. Between the lot of you not a single decent plan. Says it all doesn't it Francie>?

The 'bigger lobbies' win typically Shef.

The big hotel and pub owner lobby seems to be winning here, doesn't it?

you clearly don't have your ears and eyes open if you haven't realised the actual government presser was confusing and that confusion is continuing all over the airwaves today.

The biggest sporting body in the country have even lain down a gauntlet to NPHET. Wakey wakey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You can go on. More than welcome. Maybe this time you might discuss the topic or you can continue to rant and rave like always with no particular point at all.

Your decision. A or B? I have a good odds on which you will choose.

Pointing out you asking a dopey question is not ranting and raving. It's just me pointing out a stupid query.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

McMurphy wrote: »

When you're missing the clarity of the lockdown you know that things are being handled arseways.

Now what has changed in government since then... hmmmmmm...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement