Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    I wasn't being funny.

The post was a mish-mash of various complaints without making a coherent point or suggesting a reasonable alternative. I seriously couldn't understand what you were trying to say, other than I am sure in there somehow Leo is to blame.

The government are using NPHET as a suggestion.
    The meat plants never supplied PPE or quarantine workers coming from abroad. Why wasn't this being policed?
    The bar with the barman on the bar dancing pouring out shots to numerous individuals unlikely to even be fined.
    FF/FG/Greens are treating Covid number 19 like Lemony Snicket's A series of unfortunate events.
    That clear enough?

Socially distance. Wear masks. Supply PPE to staff. Close or penalise any business flouting rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The alternative is a competent government. From the start this hasn't been one.

Dodge, duck, dive Francie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Given you have all the answers, and seeing as any answer from anyone else isn't up to snuff in your opinion, perhaps you can tell us what you'd do.

Do you think the government have handled the last couple of weeks well?

If not, what would you do different?

When did I say I have the answers?

Dodge, duck, dive.....hillarious the lot of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Dodge, duck, dive Francie....

What?

We know you want me to say SF would do better. But I don't know that anymore than anyone else.

What I do know is that this government has been in chaos since the start and that needs to change or the government needs to be changed by the people for whomsoever they decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    The government are using NPHET as a suggestion.
    The meat plants never supplied PPE or quarantine workers coming from abroad. Why wasn't this being policed?
    The bar with the barman on the bar dancing pouring out shots to numerous individuals unlikely to even be fined.
    FF/FG/Greens are treating Covid number 19 like Lemony Snicket's A series of unfortunate events.
    That clear enough?

Socially distance. Wear masks. Supply PPE to staff. Close or penalise any business flouting rules.

No, it isn't clear enough.

This latest post is a series of descriptions of unconnected events, unsubstantiated allegations, silly jokes and random solutions unrelated to the rest of the post without any logical correlation. Pretty much like the child's book you mention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Given you have all the answers, and seeing as any answer from anyone else isn't up to snuff in your opinion, perhaps you can tell us what you'd do.

I think having the Fianna Fail ministers in government has lowered the quality of decision-making. If it was FG/Greens with a few independents, things would have been much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Bet you wont have an answer to that. ShefWed is nothing but a WUM who is getting their kicks behaving like this. It's easy for this person to pontificate from his high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Who said look at the Shinners?

If you can't understand a joke about the current government hiding crayons on SF I am just amazed. Wow is right, WOW

the only funny thing there is you think you made a joke

No, it isn't clear enough.

This latest post is a series of descriptions of unconnected events, unsubstantiated allegations, silly jokes and random solutions unrelated to the rest of the post without any logical correlation. Pretty much like the child's book you mention.

Random?

Its clear you are only here to run distraction.
    You are happy that the government are not following NPHET closely? Do you think things are being handled well in a clear manner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

This government is falling apart at the seams. They don't seem to be able to communicate in any way effectively - internally or externally.
    There is so much confusion now. The FF ministers in particular seem to be clueless. I think we'll actually see another general election next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

This government is falling apart at the seams. They don't seem to be able to communicate in any way effectively - internally or externally.
    There is so much confusion now. The FF ministers in particular seem to be clueless. I think we'll actually see another general election next year.

hopefully this year, jesus ive never seen such a bad incompetenmt government.

Michael Martin now trying to insist there is no confusion :) On the day his own Dept of the Taoiseach had to clarify one of the restrictions after a huge level of complaint. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Their incompetence is astonishing. They can't be long for government if they keep this up.

It will be good for a laugh if they take a leaf from Labour's book to deal with any criticism by saying that their selfless service to the nation is beyond question but that their PR messaging is failing to get that through the electorate's thick skulls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I think having the Fianna Fail ministers in government has lowered the quality of decision-making. If it was FG/Greens with a few independents, things would have been much better.

I agree even though Ryan was terrible in an interview yesterday on returning to school.

I agree even though Ryan was terrible in an interview yesterday on returning to school.

TBF nobody's the sharpest after a nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The alternative is a competent government. From the start this hasn't been one.

And who would that be?

FF are finding it tough out there all right playing senior hurling. Sure they had all the answers in opposition, now when they are out there playing ball its a different game and we can see they not match fit at all.

Greens are barely holding on as well.

FG kinda holding steady.

The next few months are going to be interesting. No wonder Leo is keeping such a high profile, he can smell an election in the air soon.

markodaly wrote: »
    And who would that be?

Whoever the electorate decide are better than the incumbents.
    If they are not competent, try again.

FF are finding it tough out there all right playing senior hurling. Sure they had all the answers in opposition, now when they are out there playing ball its a different game and we can see they not match fit at all.

Greens are barely holding on as well.

FG kinda holding steady.

The next few months are going to be interesting. No wonder Leo is keeping such a high profile, he can smell an election in the air soon.

I look forward to Leo trying to wash his hands of involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Jeez FF are so done.

Going into this government I thought they had the least impressive team out of all the parties- even behind labour & soc dems but thought surely someone would impress from somewhere.

Nah- they are goosed & they’ll prob not exist after 2 elections time.

Jeez they are atrocious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Jeez FF are so done.

Going into this government I thought they had the least impressive team out of all the parties- even behind labour & soc dems but thought surely someone would impress from somewhere.

Nah- they are goosed & they’ll prob not exist after 2 elections time.

Jeez they are atrocious

We can but dream.

The latest from Mícheál that "there's no confusion" is Comical Ali levels of obliviousness.

When did I say I have the answers?

Dodge, duck, dive.....hillarious the lot of you.

I can ask those questions that you're dodging, ducking and diving again if you want?

Here goes:

We can but dream.

The latest from Mícheál that "there's no confusion" is Comical Ali levels of obliviousness.

Watching that Stephen Donnelly interview just sent me over the edge on them.

They are gone, g’luck- just a pity we have to wait a few years for another election.

Norma Foley aswell? FFS

Whoever the electorate decide are better than the incumbents.
    If they are not competent, try again.

So, the status quo then, as the current government have the numbers.

Right so! :)

*Government lasts 5 years.

They are gone, g’luck- just a pity we have to wait a few years for another election.

Norma Foley aswell? FFS

And you say that as a compatriot of hers. :P

My mate's cousin is a FF councillor in Limerick and he was saying that he's always at her about the dearth of talent about and she disagrees, that's how oblivious the cult of FF is.

As I say, I hope that this is finally the moment the eejits who voted for them realise that they are irredeemable.

Not exactly, a Dáil lasts a maximum of 5 years. A government well, you remember the Rainbow Coalition right and how that came about??

Norma Foley aswell? FFS

Stephen Donnelly was well known in the Dail and among other TD's, to be full of $hit. Talks a great game in the media and can come across well ina type of 'management consultant' way. However, being in charge of a department and a minister at Cabinet?

Something else entirely.

Actually he reminds me of Eoin o'Broin. He also talks a good game as well with very nice catchy soundbite solutions to problems.
    If or when he ever gets to sit at a Cabinet table, we will see the same type of outcome.

You reckon a party that is 'not match fit' and one that is 'barely hangin on' are gonna get the numbers next time?

First requirement of sound political analysis is sound political analysis mark.

And you say that as a compatriot of hers. :P

My mate's cousin is a FF councillor in Limerick and he was saying that he's always at her about the dearth of talent about and she disagrees, that's how oblivious the cult of FF is.

As I say, I hope that this is finally the moment the eejits who voted for them realise that they are irredeemable.

Yeah, as a I said- the least impressive of all the parties!

FF must be bad in limerick alright if Patrick o Donovan is getting in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

FF completely out of their depth. It seems to me they are losing the confidence and trust of the public. Looks like the schools reopening will be a fiasco. Going easy on the meat factories and restricting people at the same time gives the impression of unfairness. Utter confusion over their messaging. Winter around the corner and no sign of a long term plan to deal with the disease. I really hope they get their act together because we desperately need leadership but they need to get the finger out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement