Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

And you say that as a compatriot of hers. :P

My mate's cousin is a FF councillor in Limerick and he was saying that he's always at her about the dearth of talent about and she disagrees, that's how oblivious the cult of FF is.

As I say, I hope that this is finally the moment the eejits who voted for them realise that they are irredeemable.

This was always the case with the latest crop of FF TD's.

Most of them are just not very good. My mother, an old school FF voter remarked on it, saying that FG had a much better front bench than FF.

But just look elsewhere. Look at SF, they have about 2-3 maybe.. ok performers, but the rest are idiots of the highest order. From an anti-vaxer, to Damien 'up da ra' to some women who went on holiday when the General Election was on as she didn't expect to get elected....

SF have 37 TD's and only about 2 or 3 of them would ever be capable if that to be in government.

In fairness to FG, they do seem to be the most capable of the lot, at least this generation are. The polls are showing that as well.

You reckon a party that is 'not match fit' and one that is 'barely hangin on' are gonna get the numbers next time?

First requirement of sound political analysis is sound political analysis mark.

Are we talking about this time or next time Francie? I can't keep up with your every changing argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

markodaly wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly was well known in the Dail and among other TD's, to be full of $hit. Talks a great game in the media and can come across well ina type of 'management consultant' way. However, being in charge of a department and a minister at Cabinet?

Something else entirely.

Actually he reminds me of Eoin o'Broin. He also talks a good game as well with very nice catchy soundbite solutions to problems.
    If or when he ever gets to sit at a Cabinet table, we will see the same type of outcome.

Yeah I’d agree with you on O’Brion- always reminded me of the 19 year old student leftie who has no real grasp of reality & will be in over his head when asked to make any meaningful decisions

Yeah I’d agree with you on O’Brion- always reminded me of the 19 year old student leftie who has no real grasp of reality & will be in over his head when asked to make any meaningful decisions

His day will also come.

I know some will hope for the day, but the day SF get into government in the South will also be the end of them as we know it. All their bluster, populist talk, easy solutions will get found out and the naive populist plebs that voted for them enmass, will be angry and desert them. In fact, I see a far-right revival once SF gets into power as the working class republican/nationalist type voters will leave SF once they realise that they are actually just another version of labour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Most of them are just not very good. My mother, an old school FF voter remarked on it, saying that FG had a much better front bench than FF.

But just look elsewhere. Look at SF, they have about 2-3 maybe.. ok performers, but the rest are idiots of the highest order. From an anti-vaxer, to Damien 'up da ra' to some women who went on holiday when the General Election was on as she didn't expect to get elected....

SF have 37 TD's and only about 2 or 3 of them would ever be capable if that to be in government.

In fairness to FG, they do seem to be the most capable of the lot, at least this generation are. The polls are showing that as well.

FF cleaned house, they brought in a lot of new faces and these people can and will be excellent TD's....so far this thread is just a group of people who have no idea what they are talking about and have zero alternatives.

FG have spent the last few years in power and at this stage you would hope they have a better front bench....experience is a huge thing

At least the people both on FF and FG have potential. Look across at the "opposition" and its a rabble. Even the so called "good" politician are fairly useless. Pearse doesn't even bother showing up half the time. Mary Lou seems to have zero control over any of them.

Normally a new government has time to bed it, this one had no chance but so far I don't see anyone coming up with better alternatives to the guidelines they have released. As I said people don't like them but that is a difference. It is no September and people are locked down since March. A kick back was always going to happen.

A lot of dribble on here. Just shouting and throwing mud but it is from the same group. Which to be fair they are doing exactly what the TDs do in their particular party. The government will last the next 5 years, posting on a daily basis to say they won't is not really going to change that fact. It is funny to see.....

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    FF cleaned house, they brought in a lot of new faces and these people can and will be excellent TD's....so far this thread is just a group of people who have no idea what they are talking about and have zero alternatives.

FG have spent the last few years in power and at this stage you would hope they have a better front bench....experience is a huge thing

At least the people both on FF and FG have potential. Look across at the "opposition" and its a rabble. Even the so called "good" politician are fairly useless. Pearse doesn't even bother showing up half the time. Mary Lou seems to have zero control over any of them.

Normally a new government has time to bed it, this one had no chance but so far I don't see anyone coming up with better alternatives to the guidelines they have released. As I said people don't like them but that is a difference. It is no September and people are locked down since March. A kick back was always going to happen.

A lot of dribble on here. Just shouting and throwing mud but it is from the same group. Which to be fair they are doing exactly what the TDs do in their particular party. The government will last the next 5 years, posting on a daily basis to say they won't is not really going to change that fact. It is funny to see.....

This is my first time posting that it won’t last to be fair.
    However FF are done as a party in my eyes- I don’t see anyone there of any real ability

However FF are done as a party in my eyes- I don’t see anyone there of any real ability

Well a large section of the country disagree's with you. That's the beauty of a politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Jimi H wrote: »
    FF completely out of their depth. It seems to me they are losing the confidence and trust of the public. Looks like the schools reopening will be a fiasco. Going easy on the meat factories and restricting people at the same time gives the impression of unfairness. Utter confusion over their messaging. Winter around the corner and no sign of a long term plan to deal with the disease. I really hope they get their act together because we desperately need leadership but they need to get the finger out.

What do you mean by going easy on the meat factories? My OH is a nurse who got covid working in the hospital along with most of her colleagues. That was despite wearing full PPE gear.

They couldn't close down.

Well a large section of the country disagree's with you. That's the beauty of a politics.

I genuinely think that last election was a bit of an anomaly based around historical preferences- I think they are goosed.

I’d love them to reclaim a chunk of the centre left, nationalist vote & bury the charlatans in SF but I think they are too far gone at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Looking at single figures in the next poll I would guess.

• Advertisement

Are we talking about this time or next time Francie? I can't keep up with your every changing argument.

Well I said:
    Whoever the electorate decide are better than the incumbents.

What did you think I was talking about?

I genuinely think that last election was a bit of an anomaly based around historical preferences- I think they are goosed.

I’d love them to reclaim a chunk of the centre left, nationalist vote & bury the charlatans in SF but I think they are too far gone at this stage.

SF will continue to show what they are, people will not vote for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

FF don't have time for a better front bench to appear. The electorate still view them with suspicion after they ruined the economy and even their core vote are wavering now. They got a 2nd chance as a result of FG's ineptitude and some of their FF-like gorging at the trough. I don't think the electorate will give them a 2nd chance and I don't see how they can rescue this with the current personnel. I see their votes going elsewhere at the next GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

About 1 in 4, FF and their supporters always saw themselves as the natural party of govt. Being coallition partners and not even the majority is just not in their DNA. Coupled with almost inevitable decline in their support thats coming, i think its quite possible they are in terminal decline, barring an absolute imploison in SF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

SF will continue to show what they are, people will not vote for them.

But people are voting for them, in ever increasing numbers too. While some of that vote is probably a traditional FF vote, a large amount of is not and will not be 'going home' to FF

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40035389.html

More than 80 people, including the Agriculture Minister, senators and TDs attended a golf function in a hotel in breach of public health guidelines just a day after the Government announced new lockdown measures to stop the spread of Covid-19.

The Oireachtas Golf Society event to celebrate its 50th anniversary was held at a function room at the Station House Hotel, Clifden, Co Galway last night, even though public health advice clearly states "no formal or informal events or parties should be organised in these premises".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

More than 80 people, including the Agriculture Minister, senators and TDs attended a golf function in a hotel in breach of public health guidelines just a day after the Government announced new lockdown measures to stop the spread of Covid-19.

The Oireachtas Golf Society event to celebrate its 50th anniversary was held at a function room at the Station House Hotel, Clifden, Co Galway last night, even though public health advice clearly states "no formal or informal events or parties should be organised in these premises".

As they say not as they do

Let's see the spin on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Stephen Donnelly was well known in the Dail and among other TD's, to be full of $hit. Talks a great game in the media and can come across well ina type of 'management consultant' way. However, being in charge of a department and a minister at Cabinet?

Something else entirely.

Actually he reminds me of Eoin o'Broin. He also talks a good game as well with very nice catchy soundbite solutions to problems.
    If or when he ever gets to sit at a Cabinet table, we will see the same type of outcome.

I'll be sure to criticise Eoin Ó Broin when he's a shít minister. But let's get back to criticising those in charge. I know, I know, it's tough for you not bring up SF at every turn, but do try harder.

• Advertisement

You did read the full article or just the headline again???

As a heads up there Gill. (We really should be railing on each other about this Sunday's all Ireland final tbf)

Shef is the local FF sycophant. His response to you above should be clear enough of that.

I agree with you about FF. I just don't see their attraction or niche anymore (well, I never could) unless you're some weirdo conservative or rural codger. What's the point of them?

Let's see the spin on this one

The "spin" is already in the article. If you read it you would have seen that....:p:p:p:p:p

This is astonishing you dont have the ability to read past the headline on these articles.

As a heads up there Gill. (We really should be railing on each other about this Sunday's all Ireland final tbf)

Shef is the local FF sycophant. His response to you above should be clear enough of that.

I agree with you about FF. I just don't see their attraction or niche anymore (well, I never could) unless you're some weirdo conservative or rural codger. What's the point of them?

Are you ever going to discuss the topic or just ruin every thread with childish little comments about posters????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Are you ever going to discuss the topic or just ruin every thread with childish little comments about posters????

The jig is up buddy. Lots of people about to fall on their swords.

You did read the full article or just the headline again???

Read it all, was more than 6 at the table as per Virgin Media News. They broke the rules

Gavan Reilly, Newstalk pointing out that if you knowingly hold an event for upwards of 50 you could actually go to jail.
    Another interesting few days ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well janey mack....

Golf. Maybe they were discussing essential business? :rolleyes:

Gavin Reilly, Newstalk pointing out that if you knowingly hold an event for upwards of 50 you could actually go to jail.
    Another interesting few days ahead.

Very interesting few days

• Advertisement

The projection here is strong. You were asked questions by many posters earlier and you ran away from them, but quick in to "bully" the likes of dundalkfc10 and his reading of an article critical of Dara.

Don't make me laugh Shef, you spend your whole day on here throwing out digs at posters and are never willing to engage unless you're running to defend FF.

Honestly, it's ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement