Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

smurgen wrote: »
    The jig is up buddy. Lots of people about to fall on their swords.

It'll all blow over by the weekend.

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Gavin Reilly, Newstalk pointing out that if you knowingly hold an event for upwards of 50 you could actually go to jail.
    Another interesting few days ahead.

I’ve argued with you like over SF, etc and that has its time & place but I fully agree with you here- the book should be thrown at everyone involved.

If it brings down the gov then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    FF cleaned house, they brought in a lot of new faces and these people can and will be excellent TD's....so far this thread is just a group of people who have no idea what they are talking about and have zero alternatives.

FG have spent the last few years in power and at this stage you would hope they have a better front bench....experience is a huge thing

At least the people both on FF and FG have potential. Look across at the "opposition" and its a rabble. Even the so called "good" politician are fairly useless. Pearse doesn't even bother showing up half the time. Mary Lou seems to have zero control over any of them.

Normally a new government has time to bed it, this one had no chance but so far I don't see anyone coming up with better alternatives to the guidelines they have released. As I said people don't like them but that is a difference. It is no September and people are locked down since March. A kick back was always going to happen.

A lot of dribble on here. Just shouting and throwing mud but it is from the same group. Which to be fair they are doing exactly what the TDs do in their particular party. The government will last the next 5 years, posting on a daily basis to say they won't is not really going to change that fact. It is funny to see.....

I repect your political allegiance.
    This is supposed to be a democratic republic.
    I respect your views and the comments that you have received are not a political debate.
    You should, of course, state and debate your politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I’ve argued with you like over SF, etc and that has its time & place but I fully agree with you here- the book should be thrown at everyone involved.

If it brings down the gov then so be it.

Dara Calleary obviously realises the seriousness of it as he is straight out of the traps 'unreservedly apologising'.

TBH, before SF messed up with the funeral I would have said, fair enough. But they really really should have known this was wrong.

Will he last the weekend?

As a heads up there Gill. (We really should be railing on each other about this Sunday's all Ireland final tbf)

Shef is the local FF sycophant. His response to you above should be clear enough of that.

I agree with you about FF. I just don't see their attraction or niche anymore (well, I never could) unless you're some weirdo conservative or rural codger. What's the point of them?

Haha, our football arguments will hopefully come back soon- although I think this years championship could be a sh*t show in terms of organisation

There’s a little Gill on the way & I’ve already been instructed by the other side of the family that it’ll have to play for the Vinnies so I might slightly soften over the next few years.

Hope all is well with you oul stock

• Advertisement

Gavin Reilly, Newstalk pointing out that if you knowingly hold an event for upwards of 50 you could actually go to jail.
    Another interesting few days ahead.

His name is Gavan Reilly. Just letting you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Scoondal wrote: »
    I repect your political allegiance.
    This is supposed to be a democratic republic.
    I respect your views and the comments that you have received are not a political debate.
    You should, of course, state and debate your politics.

The government made an annoucement on Tuesday evening. Go back over the posts and you have hundred about how terrible it was. Not a single one with an alternative.

This is the entire thread. Not a single view. Mud-slinging politics. The only conversation of any note is between the FF/FG/Labour/Green supporters which quickly get jumped on by the SF supporters which bring everything down to personal abuse for poster to personal abuse for TD's

Sure they spent days discussing Leo buying a new pair of shoes. Political thread? your having a laugh. F**king school kids would have a better understanding of politics

Dara Calleary obviously realises the seriousness of it as he is straight out of the traps 'unreservedly apologising'.

TBH, before SF messed up with the funeral I would have said, fair enough. But they really really should have known this was wrong.

Will he last the weekend?

If it was SF then I’d want the book thrown so I can’t back down from saying the same overall.

Will he last the weekend? F*ck knows, I genuinely think we are flipping a coin on decisions at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Hopefully we get a few videos of pissed up ministers or TD's. Everyone loved the Berlin bar one sure.

The projection here is strong. You were asked questions by many posters earlier and you ran away from them, but quick in to "bully" the likes of dundalkfc10 and his reading of an article critical of Dara.

Don't make me laugh Shef, you spend your whole day on here throwing out digs at posters and are never willing to engage unless you're running to defend FF.

Honestly, it's ridiculous.

ANOTHER post about me. Yes you are ridiculous.

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Here's hoping a list of attendees is published. Assuming there was an attempt at contact tracing there should be a list.

Haha, our football arguments will hopefully come back soon- although I think this years championship could be a sh*t show in terms of organisation

There’s a little Gill on the way & I’ve already been instructed by the other side of the family that it’ll have to play for the Vinnies so I might slightly soften over the next few years.

Hope all is well with you oul stock

What is it? 4 games to glory. Handy one for ye! :P

All's well on this side sham. Congratulations on the wee one!

Ah now, don't soften too much, we get one month a year; so don't take those rows from me!

Here's hoping a list of attendees is published. Assuming there was an attempt at contact tracing there should be a list.

Provisional list out. Nice mix of FF & FG it seems

https://twitter.com/damienmulley/status/1296515816956067851?s=19

More personal attacks.
    I am anti Fianna Fail but I will debate a topic without personal abuse.

More personal attacks.

I was refering to the other poster who seems incapable of posting about the topic....

More personal attacks.

Don't worry these lads will go to ground for awhile.

During all your ranting and raving you obviously missed the questions I posited to you:
    Given you have all the answers, and seeing as any answer from anyone else isn't up to snuff in your opinion, perhaps you can tell us what you'd do.

Do you think the government have handled the last couple of weeks well?

If not, what would you do different?
    When did I say I have the answers?

Dodge, duck, dive.....hillarious the lot of you.
    I can ask those questions that you're dodging, ducking and diving again if you want?

Here goes:

---

So, for the third time:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Advertisement

More personal attacks.

To be honest, just have a look at last few posts. Tell you all you need to know. More chance of a discussion about politics in After Hours.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

To be honest, just have a look at last few posts. Tell you all you need to know. More chance of a discussion about politics in After Hours.....

There's some bloke a few posts up looking for you to answer some questions.

Oh you hate this forum now? You're on it morning noon and night. Like JohnnyFlash and yourself moaning about Twitter and politics.ie. probably get wooped on those platforms too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well well well. Welity welity well...

They cancelled the Olympics ffs...but this was planned they said..

People should be social distancing at funerals.

This was a function.

Monkey see monkey do...how are we to look to the public being personaly responsible when our betters are going on a piss up?
    They should all step down because we are in the wake of a big rise in cases and they cynically did this in full knowledge. Disgraceful.

And the FF/FG lads just came back. Tsk. See you in a few weeks lads.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    There's some bloke a few posts up looking for you to answer some questions.

That poster seems to think ranting and raving is how you should act on a public forum, personally I dont think so.

The "question" is a copy and paste of the question I asked numerous posters yesterday, when none could provide an answer this is the carry on since....personal attacks and ranting and raving from someone who wasn't even part of the discussion.....

Oh you hate this forum now? You're on it morning noon and night. Like JohnnyFlash and yourself moaning about Twitter and politics.ie. probably get wooped on those platforms too.

:P

Says it all really....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Senior hurling golfing now shef, dig up.

**FORE**

McMurphy wrote: »
    Senior hurling golfing now shef, dig up.

**FORE**

:P

Says it all really

Can you imagine the optics of the same Government that organised social welfare checks at airports organising a golf society piss up during lockdown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Haven't seen a storm of protest like this during the whole pandemic...he's toast and any with him.
    Government is severe peril.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement