Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

People are rightfully livid. This is going to be massive.

https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/status/1296543839159820288?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Haven't seen a storm of protest like this during the whole pandemic...he's toast and any with him.
    Government is severe peril.

Government is done, FF are done.

Only thing that might save it now is the fact that it might not be safe to hold an election.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see FF collapse, with TDs defecting to other parties, such is the shambles they have become

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

smurgen wrote: »
    Can you imagine the optics of the same Government that organised social welfare checks at airports organising a golf society piss up during lockdown?

The government didn't organize the event, you do understand that don't you?

Did you manage to read the article? or get stuck at headline again?

Government is done, FF are done.

Only thing that might save it now is the fact that it might be safe to hold an election.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see FF collapse, with TDs defecting to other parties, such is the shambles they have become

Cowan was always a better TD....

I don't see the government falling but lets say they do? who is going to take over?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Cowan was always a better TD....

I don't see the government falling but lets say they do? who is going to take over?

I think you might see some defections from FF- is said to you before this came out that I thought the were done as a party & this only adds to my feelings on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The twatter ratio of his apology is off the scale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

How many ministers for agricultural is this now? The arrogance is breathtaking truly breathtaking. Will this shambles of a government even make its first budget?

Surely there are people in FG thinking "let's pull the plug on these fools now and kill them off altogether"??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

smurgen wrote: »
    People are rightfully livid. This is going to be massive.

https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/status/1296543839159820288?s=19

Hes done and no amount of apologising will save him the optics are terrible here its brings to mind Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

He's going to have to resign.

Scoundrel wrote: »
    How many ministers for agricultural is this now? The arrogance is breathtaking truly breathtaking. Will this shambles of a government even make its first budget?

Surely there are people in FG thinking "let's pull the plug on these fools now and kill them off altogether"??

If FG pull the plug then it will only be to keep a safe distance from this sh*t show- if they wanted to finish FF altogether then they would keep giving them more rope by leaving them in Gov.

Wait until the schools go back & Norma Foley has to handle a crisis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That poster seems to think ranting and raving is how you should act on a public forum, personally I dont think so.

The "question" is a copy and paste of the question I asked numerous posters yesterday, when none could provide an answer this is the carry on since....personal attacks and ranting and raving from someone who wasn't even part of the discussion.....

So you're gonna duck and dive as always.

Grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Does anyone know if Phil Hogan was at the event? I've heard he was but he was in Brussels last week so no way he could isolate the 2 weeks before this event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If FG pull the plug then it will only be to keep a safe distance from this sh*t show- if they wanted to finish FF altogether then they would keep giving them more rope by leaving them in Gov.

Wait until the schools go back & Norma Foley has to handle a crisis

If they can find her for a comment.

FG can't pull the plug over this, they were at it.

I think you might see some defections from FF- is said to you before this came out that I thought the were done as a party & this only adds to my feelings on it.

Why would the party be done? What’s the alternative?

People spent the last 5 years trying to get FG out, they going to vote them back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »

Phil Hogan was there.

People spent the last 5 years trying to get FG out, they going to vote them back in?

They didn't vote FF in either...the electorate get their chance to pronounce judgement on that only at the next election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Does anyone know if Phil Hogan was at the event? I've heard he was but he was in Brussels last week so no way he could isolate the 2 weeks before this event.
    It's being confirmed on the main thread about this.
    And ex-RTE man of the people, Sean O'Rourke.
    I wonder was Hogan's journey from Brussels essential?

Bowie wrote: »

They were but with the amount of focus on FF’s utter incompetence then they might get away with it.

As a said in a diff thread- the oddest thing about this is how it’s not even remotely sinister, it’s just amateurish!

Gone be the days with politicians were too clever for their own good.

I wanted this gov to work because, as you know, I’m fairly vehemently anti SF- but it has been a sh*t show & it’s time to pull the plug

Because they have become a shambles.

They have no impressive or well spoken TDs, they are living off their name & the votes of older ‘lifetime’ members & now they are making an absolute shambles of running a Government.

FF are done

They didn't vote FF in either...the electorate get their chance to pronounce judgement on that only at the next election.

Do we have to explain AGAIN how an election works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭threeball

What a fcuking mess of a party FF are. Great front runners when there's money in the kitty and they can lash out a give away budget. Give them a bit of a curve ball and the house of cards comes crashing down. Martin is a shambles of a Taoiseach, Donnelly is a dope with the communication skills of a hermit, the education brief has been one disaster after another. Now you have Calleary who's a obnoxious twit at the best of times and only parachuted in after Cowan had shot himself in the foot. And we're supposed to follow the guidance of these simpletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The proposed legislation about giving Gardai more power to enter people's private homes without warrants to break up house partys was being discussed at length today on Newstalk..

In light of this news, it will make great listening tomorrow should they decide to revisit the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

We need to explain something to Dara Calleary. Michael Cawley resigned straight away. Calleary blatently disregarded public health advice.

Because they have become a shambles.

They have no impressive or well spoken TDs, they are living off their name & the votes of older ‘lifetime’ members & now they are making an absolute shambles of running a Government.

FF are done

Not true and you know it, plenty of FF TD got voted in no problem. The biggest crisis in the party was after the bust. MM got to be Taoiseach and that’s what he wanted. The government won’t fail over this, not a chance, he will continue on and slip away and new leadership will come in place.

Who are these impressive TD? In Jan I’m sure everyone including yourself was saying FG was a shambles, now are you saying they are not?

FF TD are how many weeks into a job in the biggest crisis in hundred years, yet people are writing them off. Shocking really.....

Pull the government so, what’s your alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

This is the government that just keeps giving. What next ?

Do we have to explain AGAIN how an election works?

No.
    The electorate vote...if there is a single majority you can say the party was voted in.
    If it's a coalition the electorate get no say in what that coalition is until next time out.

Very simple really. This government was not chosen by the people...the people accept the concept of forming coalitions...you can say that okay.

No.
    The electorate vote...if there is a single majority you can say the party was voted in.
    If it's a coalition the electorate get no say in what that coalition is until next time out.

Very simple really. This government was not chosen by the people...the people accept the concept of forming coalitions...you can say that okay.

The party with most seats win....it’s not that difficult is it Francie, it’s hasn’t changed since republic was created, if you don’t understand that your issue nobody else’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They were but with the amount of focus on FF’s utter incompetence then they might get away with it.

As a said in a diff thread- the oddest thing about this is how it’s not even remotely sinister, it’s just amateurish!

Gone be the days with politicians were too clever for their own good.

I wanted this gov to work because, as you know, I’m fairly vehemently anti SF- but it has been a sh*t show & it’s time to pull the plug

If they changed their housing policy I could live with them.
    ...before the expected implosion.

Not true and you know it, plenty of FF TD got voted in no problem. The biggest crisis in the party was after the bust. MM got to be Taoiseach and that’s what he wanted. The government won’t fail over this, not a chance, he will continue on and slip away and new leadership will come in place.

Who are these impressive TD? In Jan I’m sure everyone including yourself was saying FG was a shambles, now are you saying they are not?

FF TD are how many weeks into a job in the biggest crisis in hundred years, yet people are writing them off. Shocking really.....

Pull the government so, what’s your alternative?

It’s not up to me to decide the next government? That’s not how it works.

This gov has been a shambles- it’s not like FF are handling a tough situation well or even to a moderate level - they are making a balls of it.

Martin is in over his head
    Donnelly is in over his head
    Foley is in over her head
    Calleary, well he’s just a goon
    Cowan...

Come on man- it’s time to face reality here

• Advertisement

Scoondal wrote: »
    This is the government that just keeps giving. What next ?

Maybe a story about witnesses not going to Garda till they got approval from a political party they wouldn’t be killed if they did

Oh sorry that’s the opposition , my mistake :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement