Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

No.
    The electorate vote...if there is a single majority you can say the party was voted in.
    If it's a coalition the electorate get no say in what that coalition is until next time out.

Very simple really. This government was not chosen by the people...the people accept the concept of forming coalitions...you can say that okay.

After six weeks, how many ministers have been sacked ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It’s not up to me to decide the next government? That’s not how it works.

This gov has been a shambles- it’s not like FF are handling a tough situation well or even to a moderate level - they are making a balls of it.

Martin is in over his head
    Donnelly is in over his head
    Foley is in over her head
    Calleary, well he’s just a goon
    Cowan...

Come on man- it’s time to face reality here

So you have no alternative?

What was your opinion of FG 12 months ago just out of interest? Over his/her head maybe?

I

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I never in my entire life thought I would feel this way but if there was a Coup tomorrow, I would turn a blind eye to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So you have no alternative?

What was your opinion of FG 12 months ago just out of interest? Over his/her head maybe?

I

I thought they had some good performers & some bad ones.

I genuinely can’t think of anything FF have done right so far- in the words or Malcolm Tucker: they have been an omnishambles.

Sure the alternative is prob another election or FF will fall see defections and these might help form a gov of FG, greens, soc dems, labour & independents.

But if you think FF are performing at a level above disastrous then you are deluding yourself

Maybe a story about witnesses not going to Garda till they got approval from a political party they wouldn’t be killed if they did

Oh sorry that’s the opposition , my mistake :-)

That's the truth.
    I don't support a party that has terrorists hiding away somewhere.
    But Calleary has to resign. He tells us we should do something and he is so arrogant to think that he is above his own advice.
    He should do what Michael Cawley did ... resign straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The party with most seats win....it’s not that difficult is it Francie, it’s hasn’t changed since republic was created, if you don’t understand that your issue nobody else’s

You only 'win' an election if you can form a government on your own Shef, that is the prize and nobody won it this time. FG/FF/Greens won the negotiating round and formed a government. The electorate got no say in that.

Will Dara Calleary resign tonight, or will he string it on until tomorrow evening and be forced out ? It's his choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Politics of change....strong,stable....

I thought they had some good performers & some bad ones.

I genuinely can’t think of anything FF have done right so far- in the words or Malcolm Tucker: they have been an omnishambles.

Sure the alternative is prob another election or FF will fall see defections and these might help form a gov of FG, greens, soc dems, labour & independents.

But if you think FF are performing at a level above disastrous then you are deluding yourself

FF took over in the middle of the biggest disaster to hit the World and they are in 6 weeks?

So a country which is billions in debt and churning more millions by the hour you want another election to vote in the people that 6 months ago didn’t get voted in? All while costing the country millions....

What happens when next government comes in and still make mistake? Another election after 6 weeks?

Seriously Trump has made how many f**k up a lot worse than a golf party and even the crazy Americans didn’t want an election after 6 weeks....it baffles me that people say they want to discuss politics and the next request is an election every 5 minutes

Is every other country in Europe running to an election now? Might give you a hint on what the answer might be

Scoondal wrote: »
    Will Dara Calleary resign tonight, or will he string it on until tomorrow evening and be forced out ? It's his choice.

Will everyone in SF resign after attending the funeral in the North? Which was a far worse breech of the regulations

• Advertisement

FF took over in the middle of the biggest disaster to hit the World and they are in 6 weeks?

So a country which is billions in debt and churning more millions by the hour you want another election to vote in the people that 6 months ago didn’t get voted in? All while costing the country millions....

What happens when next government comes in and still make mistake? Another election after 6 weeks?

Seriously Trump has made how many f**k up a lot worse than a golf party and even the crazy Americans didn’t want an election after 6 weeks....it baffles me that people say they want to discuss politics and the next request is an election every 5 minutes

Is every other country in Europe running to an election now? Might give you a hint on what the answer might be

You’re just rambling now to be fair.

On taking over in the biggest disaster to hit the world? It has only shown up how utterly incompetent they are.

They can’t even get a message out to public properly

You only 'win' an election if you can form a government on your own Shef, that is the prize and nobody won it this time. FG/FF/Greens won the negotiating round and formed a government. The electorate got no say in that.

You spent weeks on here telling everyone SF “won”

So another new version from Frsncie, changing like the wind again

You’re just rambling now to be fair.

On taking over in the biggest disaster to hit the world? It has only shown up how utterly incompetent they are.

They can’t even get a message out to public properly

Ahh so much for the political discussion ...I had hopes but no....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Scoondal wrote: »

I'd say it will be like Cowen, but maybe a bit quicker.

There is no way out of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Phil Hogan too.

That will not look good.

Ahh so much for the political discussion ...I had hopes but no....

You rabbiting on about trump & people always calling for elections.

The last election was fairly inconclusive & the resultant Gov has been a shambles.

The ‘leadership’ of FF is only making a crisis situation even worse & I would say that very few have any faith in them now.

Do you think they are doing a good or a bad job?

Simples answer please

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You spent weeks on here telling everyone SF “won”

So another new version from Frsncie, changing like the wind again

I never said SF won Shef, they won the most votes though.

ebbsy wrote: »
    I'd say it will be like Cowen, but maybe a bit quicker.

There is no way out of this.
    It has to be quick because ordinary people can only take so much **** and their **** quota has been already used up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

All they had to do was to stick to the reopening plan that was given to them. But then they pissed themselves after about 30 cases and ceeded supreme control to NPHET. The reopening then became a mess by trying to placate certain lobby groups and making an absolute hames of the plan.

Martin then went to Europe for a bail out and ended up us owing them 16bn.

Whatever is happening has to stop now. We need somebody to lead that isn't a eunuch.

I would take Varadkar, I would take somebody else from FF, I would take MLD, I would even take Richard Boyd Barrett FFS. Somebody needs to lead. Somebody with remotely some coherence and leadership ability.

All they had to do was to stick to the reopening plan that was given to them. But then they pissed themselves after about 30 cases and ceeded supreme control to NPHET. The reopening then became a mess by trying to placate certain lobby groups and making an absolute hames of the plan.

Martin then went to Europe for a bail out and ended up us owing them 16bn.

Whatever is happening has to stop now. We need somebody to lead that isn't a eunuch.

I would take Varadkar, I would take somebody else from FF, I would take MLD, I would even take Richard Boyd Barrett FFS. Somebody needs to lead. Somebody with remotely some coherence and leadership ability.

MeHole is drowning.

• Advertisement

It is inevitable that this FF+FG government will be the worst performing government in modern times. This Clifden party could bring them down.

It is inevitable that this FF+FG government will be the worst performing government in modern times. This Clifden party could bring them down.

I know there is a virus, but these guys are just plain stupid.

If Calleary resigns straight away, like Michael Cawley, he might hang on to his local vote. If he strings it out, he will not get a ministerial position for a long time. He will be "damaged goods".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

FF are floundering in the sense of their own importance.
    Calleary is in an untenable position now, after replacing buffoon Cowen he is now bufooned himself.

It's obvious M Martin knew full well that Dara would be going to an event to honour the late Mark Killilea.

I cant wait for someone to ask him though.

Same for Leo and Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Oh for a few of Leo's quotes now, clarity needed big time lads, it's not been evident since powersharing south of the border commenced.
    And we make little of the northern situation, we seem to be up **** creek Down here now too.

Tomorrow will be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Tomorrow will be fun!

A solid Morning Ireland to start the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If took five months to form this Coalition of seasoned and experienced politician's to show us how to play senior hurling lads - just saying.

Is it true Charlie Flanagan was there too, but was actually tricked into believing it was a black and tan commemoration he was going to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement