Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If the Greens had any political noise, they would pull the plug on government. It might save them when they go back to the people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I am hearing Hogan came from UK for the party

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

If the Greens had any political noise, they would pull the plug on government. It might save them when they go back to the people

Ordinary Green Party members do not support this government.
    It's all the old members who want to regain that feeling of self importance ... they want to be back with that feeling of power again. Dan Boyle "hasn't gone away, you know" to re-phrase that saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

To top all this off. Phil Hogan won a prize by all accounts lol.

https://twitter.com/normaburke/status/1296579375912099840?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Scoondal wrote: »
    Ordinary Green Party members do not support this government.
    It's all the old members who want to regain that feeling of self importance ... they want to be back with that feeling of power again. Dan Boyle "hasn't gone away, you know" to re-phrase that saying.

This would have the potential to collapse a good government never mind the shambles these 3 parties have been as a government so far.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    To top all this off. Phil Hogan won a prize by all accounts lol.

https://twitter.com/normaburke/status/1296579375912099840?s=19

Matt Cooper's post. Multiple resignations / sackings. People like me hearing about my mother dying in Co. Kildare. Not allowed to stop in Kildare, let alone go to the nursing home. What arrogant people they all are.
    Shame on them all.
    I am looking forward to all the sackings tomorrow. Clean out the dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

As disgusting as all this is, it is hardly surprising. Just what kind of people decided to vote for these folks to govern us? It's really not a matter of what other options there are. How do you sleep at night knowing you voted for this absolute shower of mockery?

22nd, time to protest: https://www.facebook.com/Irlandia24H/posts/1277322809278704

The_Brood wrote: »
    As disgusting as all this is, it is hardly surprising. Just what kind of people decided to vote for these folks to govern us? It's really not a matter of what other options there are. How do you sleep at night knowing you voted for this absolute shower of mockery?

22nd, time to protest: https://www.facebook.com/Irlandia24H/posts/1277322809278704

I admit, I voted for this filth. Never again.
    But I will never vote for Sinn Fein filth either that blew men to bits in their driveways with his wife and kids witnessing that.
    I will now vote for common sense candidates. There are 1 or 2 in my constituancy.

The yellow vest movement in Ireland has been hijacked by the irish freedom party. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Shefwedfan wrote: »

A lot of dribble on here. Just shouting and throwing mud but it is from the same group. Which to be fair they are doing exactly what the TDs do in their particular party. The government will last the next 5 years, posting on a daily basis to say they won't is not really going to change that fact. It is funny to see.....

Ah yes, we will be seeing a lot of that talk. "Government about to fall"....
    Nonesense.

The only way this will collapse are the Greens walking. And if that happens both the Greens and FF will suffer, FG will be a huge beneficiary of that.

• Advertisement

What did you think I was talking about?

The next election, which is 5 years away....
    Grand.

I'll be sure to criticise Eoin Ó Broin when he's a shít minister. But let's get back to criticising those in charge. I know, I know, it's tough for you not bring up SF at every turn, but do try harder.

Will you? I'll bookmark this post when or if he ever sits at the cabinet table, indeed it will be hilarious to see how the usual SF apostles spin when SF get their chance at the table. I can see many an account closed. :)

markodaly wrote: »
    The next election, which is 5 years away....
    Grand.

Hmmm 5 years you say?
    I'll bookmark this one. Will it be as accurate as your election result predictions?

No.
    The electorate vote...if there is a single majority you can say the party was voted in.
    If it's a coalition the electorate get no say in what that coalition is until next time out.

Very simple really. This government was not chosen by the people...the people accept the concept of forming coalitions...you can say that okay.

If that is the case, any future SF government will not have been chosen by the people either Francie.

I love how you are a stickler for the technicalities of the democratic mandate of the people, but then when the Provos were killing all around them with zero political mandate, you brush it off by suggesting there was a silent majority or other such nonsense.

Cake and eating it.

Hmmm 5 years you say?
    I'll bookmark this one. Will it be as accurate as your election result predictions?

My prediction was as accurate as SF's, otherwise, they would have run more candidates :D

Anyway, we don't hold elections every few weeks or months because twitter gets all hot and bothered.

The government holds sway until it doesn't. It has a constitutional mandate for a 5-year term. It may be shorter, like the last one was 4 years, it may not be, it may go the full term, but the whole slipping and sliding on what mandate they have is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,850 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kildare on lockdown but TD and family travel for #GolfGate

If that is the case, any future SF government will not have been chosen by the people either Francie.
    [/If they are elected as a majority single party government, yes they will have been. Otherwise, in a coalition they won't have been. As I said to Shef, it's pretty simple stuff really.
    I love how you are a stickler for the technicalities of the democratic mandate of the people, but then when the Provos were killing all around them with zero political mandate, you brush it off by suggesting there was a silent majority or other such nonsense.

Cake and eating it.

I never supported the IRA...at any point. And I also never suggested they had 'majority support'. They did have plenty of support though, you don't have to support them to see that.

Too bad you cannot tell the truth and embarrass yourself.

My prediction was as accurate as SF's, otherwise, they would have run more candidates :D

Anyway, we don't hold elections every few weeks or months because twitter gets all hot and bothered.

The government holds sway until it doesn't. It has a constitutional mandate for a 5-year term. It may be shorter, like the last one was 4 years, it may not be, it may go the full term, but the whole slipping and sliding on what mandate they have is pathetic.

Backtracking from the '5 year' prediction already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But whats your view on the folk at the golf function? Should some, all resign? Tough to play do as I say not as I do.

Ben ****ing Gilroy..... come off it.... the guy is a lunatic.
    Maeve Murran another lunatic and a crazy Anti-Vax conspiracy theorist....

Like, I know some may not be happy with what happened in that Golf event, but lets not listen to these idiots either.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    But whats your view on the folk at the golf function? Should some, all resign? Tough to play do as I say not as I do.

The only TD or government minister at the event, to my knowledge, is Dara Cleary and yes, I think he should resign.

Backtracking from the '5 year' prediction already?

I didn't make a 'prediction' Francie, I simply made a statement of fact that under the constitution a government who has the confidence of the Dail has a 5-year term.

The only TD or government minister at the event, to my knowledge, is Dara Cleary and yes, I think he should resign.

Senators, Gardai, Judges, people from locked down counties and Big Phil too schommozing with RTE's retired top political correspondent....'mon Mark...get real here. That will cut no mustard tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If they are elected as a majority single party government

Something that has not happened in Ireland in over 43 years.... and less likely even now, so yea, that is NEVER going to happen.... therefore the only option for SF is a coalition. I know you know this. You know that I know that you know this... so stop play silly rethorical games.

Otherwise, in a coalition they won't have been.
    Correct, ill bookmark this post :)
    I never supported the IRA...at any point. And I also never suggested they had 'majority support'. They did have plenty of support though, you don't have to support them to see that.

Never ever had a mandate to do what they did. For someone so concerned about democratic principles you should know this.

Senators, Gardai, Judges, people from locked down counties and Big Phil too schommozing with RTE's retired top political correspondent....'mon Mark...get real here. That will cut no mustard tomorrow.

So, every one of those people should resign, all 81 of them.
    Is that what you are suggesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Thing to look forward to

September - Reopening of Schools (and possibly pubs) and Cases going back up April-May Levels
    October - The Harshest budget in the history of the state
    November - Winter Flu Season and nobody having a clue if they have Covid or a cold.
    December - More winter flu and suddenly realising you are broke and have to pay for Christmas. You're also freezing cold and the Greens have jacked up your fuel bill in the budget.

What a time to be alive folks.

Something that has not happened in Ireland in over 43 years.... and less likely even now, so yea, that is NEVER going to happen.... therefore the only option for SF is a coalition. I know you know this. You know that I know that you know this... so stop play silly rethorical games.

Games mark...I am on record here as saying I want them to go into a coalition first.
    I have no problem with coalition...I object to somebody saying the people 'choose' a coalition...they didn't. They couldn't possibly do that.

Correct, ill bookmark this post :)

Never ever had a mandate to do what they did. For someone so concerned about democratic principles you should know this.

Again as I said before and asked...show me a revolutionary organization that held elections before an uprising.

Again as I said before and asked...show me a revolutionary organization that held elections before an uprising.

SF in 1918

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

SF in 1918

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement