Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

It's turned into a SF thread again

It's amazing how this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's turned into a SF thread again

It's amazing how this happens

I doubt it will be tomorrow. Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,850 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

markodaly wrote: »
    So, every one of those people should resign, all 81 of them.
    Is that what you are suggesting?

Sean O Rourke already retired on a fat pension, if they won't resign, fine them, cut salaries and pensions

MM needs to step up now show leadership if DC won't resign, sack him

They are lucky the Dail is on holidays the opposition would have a field day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Tomorrow will be fun!

Oh yes, there will be blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Thing to look forward to

September - Reopening of Schools (and possibly pubs) and Cases going back up April-May Levels
    October - The Harshest budget in the history of the state
    November - Winter Flu Season and nobody having a clue if they have Covid or a cold.
    December - More winter flu and suddenly realising you are broke and have to pay for Christmas. You're also freezing cold and the Greens have jacked up your fuel bill in the budget.

What a time to be alive folks.

You may be right.... and how will having someone else in power right now fix any of those mentioned issues?

There is no silver bullet here folks. An election fixes nothing but the angst of some keyboard warriors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You may be right.... and how will having someone else in power right now fix any of those mentioned issues?

There is no silver bullet here folks. An election fixes nothing but the angst of some keyboard warriors.

That's for themselves to sort out.
    There's loads of keyboard warriors, and being on a keyboard calling out others for doing the same is sort of hypocritical.
    The party's in govt and there's three of them, it's themselves that have to sort out this mess and decide where they go from here.
    But from an onlookers point of view, this govt has been a mess from day one.
    They have showed no cohesion and seem to be getting more incohesive every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The_Brood wrote: »
    As disgusting as all this is, it is hardly surprising. Just what kind of people decided to vote for these folks to govern us? It's really not a matter of what other options there are. How do you sleep at night knowing you voted for this absolute shower of mockery?

22nd, time to protest: https://www.facebook.com/Irlandia24H/posts/1277322809278704

Hahahaha protest? Shower of unemployed crying because they want more money....if they stayed sober they might be able to arrange a protest

This is the problem. Everyone shouting and roaring

Let say they get their way, we have another election which will cost millions and what exactly is the new government going to do? They can’t make Covid disappear and they can’t let people do what they want.....

New government, first announcement same complaints because people don’t like and then it will be “sack the government” again

I never supported the IRA...at any point. And I also never suggested they had 'majority support'. They did have plenty of support though, you don't have to support them to see that.

Too bad you cannot tell the truth and embarrass yourself.

You never supported the PIRA?

You have spent weeks telling everyone that nobody lived in fear from the PIRA and all the issue with the trouble wa at he unionist and the PIRA. The PIRA was the one keeping law and order and stopping the drugs

Very strange shouting now you don’t support them?

Quit lying on every single post,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

@Shefwedfan

I know you repeatedly dodged a fairly binary yes/no question asked repeatedly of you over a day or two, ref if you thought this govt have performed well since it's foundation.

Here's another

Do think Dara Calleary should go, whether it be by resignation/sacked?

• Advertisement

That's for themselves to sort out.

Exactly my point. The fact you cant even disagree with my point says it all.

A new government won't magically re-open schools in some mythical perfect fashion.
    A new government won't re-open the country and make Covid-19 disappear at the same time.
    A new government won't be able to discover a vaccine on their own.
    A new government won't be able to fix the economy or get rid of the debt.

So in essence, we will be back to square one with some new faces in the Telly, telling us "NEPHT is advising X,Y,Z"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Ben ****ing Gilroy..... come off it.... the guy is a lunatic.
    Maeve Murran another lunatic and a crazy Anti-Vax conspiracy theorist....

Like, I know some may not be happy with what happened in that Golf event, but lets not listen to these idiots either.

Ben Gilroy, civil rights activist? WTF!
    The lad is in favour of forced deportations

Ben Gilroy, civil rights activist? WTF!
    The lad is in favour of forced deportations

Ben Gilroy will stick his name to anything that gives him a platform.
    People should be wise to him with his FreeMan bull**** he was peddling ten years ago. Now he is onto another bandwagon.

McMurphy wrote: »
    @Shefwedfan

I know you repeatedly dodged a fairly binary yes/no question asked repeatedly of you over a day or two, ref if you thought this govt have performed well since it's foundation.

Here's another

Do think Dara Calleary should go, whether it be by resignation/sacked?

It doesn’t matter what I think, if he has any cop on he will resign himself straight up.

Maybe they did social distance but he should resign for been a f**kibg idiot....everyone knows at this stage the SF trolls are all over the country. We are now in US politics. The days of having a private life as a politician are gone. As seen here with Francie obsessed with Leo personal life on a daily basis

If he was stupid enough to go to party he should of known it would come out, so for stupidity he should be bumped down

He really should have just done himself last night, Cowan should never have gone in first place. That was a witch hunt...

I have still to see after 3 days a single posts from our resident SF gang on any alternative to the guideline announced

Maybe it’s time a few people shut it till they came out with a better plan. The Golf was a f**k up but calling for a government to fall with zero alternatives is an absolute joke and will cripple ireland

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It doesn’t matter what I think, if he has any cop on he will resign himself straight up.

Maybe they did social distance but he should resign for been a f**kibg idiot....everyone knows at this stage the SF trolls are all over the country. We are now in US politics. The days of having a private life as a politician are gone. As seen here with Francie obsessed with Leo personal life on a daily basis

If he was stupid enough to go to party he should of known it would come out, so for stupidity he should be bumped down

He really should have just done himself last night, Cowan should never have gone in first place. That was a witch hunt...

"private life as a politician"? Are you for real here, it was The Oireachtas Golf Society's get together - not the AGM of his kids Youth Club FFS!

We are definitely seeing the Americanisation of politics though. Every fart, breath, inch moved, is scrutinised and critiqued.
    FF was last in power back in 2011 and they have had a baptism of fire the past few months. This is essentially the new game now.

The thing is, what goes around comes around and the same new standard will be applied to any other government including SF. Reap what you sow lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Exactly my point. The fact you cant even disagree with my point says it all.

A new government won't magically re-open schools in some mythical perfect fashion.
    A new government won't re-open the country and make Covid-19 disappear at the same time.
    A new government won't be able to discover a vaccine on their own.
    A new government won't be able to fix the economy or get rid of the debt.

So in essence, we will be back to square one with some new faces in the Telly, telling us "NEPHT is advising X,Y,Z"

Mark- no one thinks that a change of government is going to provide some kind of silver bullet but the issue just most have now, myself included, is that that the FF ministers in place seen utter incompetent.

They don’t seem to be able to deliver a message, make a decision & don’t even seem to have the intellectual capacity to know how the optics of a personal decision will play out.

In about 48 hours we’ve had Martin & Donnelly contradicting each other on restrictions as neither seems to know or understand what’s goin on, Donnelly comparing the risk Covid to that of playing on a trampoline, Calleary & his golf jaunt- all this being played out to the background of worries about kids returning to school while the minister for education is MIA.

So back to my original point- a change of Gov won’t get rid of Covid but the appointment of some competent ministers would help to assuage people’s fears in a time of real uncertainty.

We are definitely seeing the Americanisation of politics though. Every fart, breath, inch moved, is scrutinised and critiqued.
    FF was last in power back in 2011 and they have had a baptism of fire the past few months. This is essentially the new game now.

The thing is, what goes around comes around and the same new standard will be applied to any other government including SF. Reap what you sow lads.

**Cough**
    "private life as a politician"? Are you for real here, it was The Oireachtas Golf Society's get together - not the AGM of his kids Youth Club FFS!

Whilst they're contemplating introducing legislation to allow the gards to enter private homes without warrants to break up house partys with more than six people.

There'll be no moral high ground to be seized herry today men, stop trying.

Calleary gone.

Shouldn't stop there though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Calleary gone.

If Varadkar is smart, he should immediately sack the 2 FG senators that were at the golf thingy - no-one really cares about senators, it's little skin off Varadkars nose but would show leadership.

Then he has shown seperation from FF again from FF, and more leadership than MM - who'll end up losing TDs over this. Added to all the other confusion since FF took over and Martin will look to be sinking.

Then Varadkar can engineer an election if needed, and stand under a banner of remember the control and leadership we've shown for last 8 years, do you really want Martin back in. The election would swallow up FF - with a proper straight fight between FG (centre right) and SF (left) over what direction to go in the future.

Calleary gone, so much for a “fun day”

Hahahaahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Calleary gone.

At least he did the right thing, or was pushed, whatever.
    There's opposition party's could take a lesson from that and perhaps do the same from prior events.

Calleary gone.

Who are you sacking? Or you think you have the right to tell companies to sack private employees?

Nobody else of interest was at the thing, the one person has resigned....unless you are after the DJ? Hillarious

Calleary gone, so much for a “fun day”

Hahahaahaha

Let me get this straight, you're laughing at the resignation of one of your own party's ministers ineptitude and stupidity?

Do you think it begins and ends with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

he had no choice

At least he did the right thing, or was pushed, whatever.
    There's opposition party's could take a lesson from that and perhaps do the same from prior events.

The opposition would have to sack Mary Lou, Pearse, Michele and who else for breaking all the guidelines

But sure with SF it’s always one rule for them and another rule for everyone else

Displayed daily by the questionable spokespersons on here

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

Calleary gone.

That minister of Agriculture post is really hurting FF , Who is next in line to take it?

Let me get this straight, you're laughing at the resignation of one of your own party's ministers ineptitude and stupidity?

Do you think it begins and ends with that?

I’m laughing at the sad individual who life is based around the government, how many of you lot posted about “it will be a fun day tomor”

What will you do now? Go talk to friends? Talk to family? Or sit on boards all day

My guess isboards all day

Hhahhahahahahhahahaa

PS I never wanted Calleary in first place. BRING BACK COWAN

• Advertisement

costacorta wrote: »
    That minister of Agriculture post is really hurting FF , Who is next in line to take it?

Let the farmers decide

BRING BACK COWAN

Let’s start the campaign

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement