Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

MadYaker wrote: »
    This government are now a farce. The people in FF have changed but it’s clear the culture persists. Leo is annoying but at least his cabinet understood the importance of following the most basic guidelines when you’re a member of the cabinet responsible for them. I want an election.

There wont be an election any time soon, like Brexit was used an excuse not to have an election, COVID will be used an excuse not to have an election.

Also if there is an election who do you vote for? Lets face it none of the big parties are coming through this crisis as a party to trust and the smaller parties like the Soc Dem's or god forbid Labour just are not big enough to have an impact. If there is an election it will be just either FG or SF and then it will be seen who will go into government with either one. I think FF are finished and if they do survive they will be like Labour are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Absolutely correct. Great to see decisive action like this.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yes absolutely you can, however I'm not, in one breath stating TDs and Minister's should be excused for not commenting or posting tweets because, (you know) "they're on their holidays".....

But in the next breath ask if ministers and TDs aren't allowed to use Twitter just because "they're on holidays".

Confused? Yeah me too.

I don't believe you've a scaldy balls notion what you are waffling about here, can you explain please.

Not too worry not that Leo has posted on twitter and giving his thoughts on this whole debacle, Simon is not free to tweet with his "own" thoughts on this which will more than likely be the same as Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Floppybits wrote: »
    Not too worry not that Leo has posted on twitter and giving his thoughts on this whole debacle, Simon is not free to tweet with his "own" thoughts on this which will more than likely be the same as Leo.

Has he nothing better to be doing on his holidays than using Twitter, but FFS lads, give the man a break, is he not allowed to use Twitter if he wants on his holidays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

blanch152 wrote: »
    Absolutely correct. Great to see decisive action like this.

Decisive action. Right.

Were Leo and MM aware of the party and attendees?

Thoughts on Hogans punishment??

• Advertisement

Regina on Radio 1 and she lost her seat!!

FG and FF cowards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Decisive action. Right.

Just for balance- post up a screenshot of your comment on what should happen to the SF TDs who broke guidelines by going to the funeral in Belfast.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Has he nothing better to be doing on his holidays than using Twitter, but FFS lads, give the man a break, is he not allowed to use Twitter if he wants on his holidays?

Who knows maybe he has but the issue that the Harris is always quick to tweet his opinion like we seen after the Berlin bar incident last week but he is not so quick to tweet his opinion now when it involves some of his party colleagues. It is these double standards that are really making people angry.

Just for balance- post up a screenshot of your comment on what should happen to the SF TDs who broke guidelines by going to the funeral in Belfast.

I have never voted for SF in my life. I probably never will but I am fast running out of options. SF were total idiots to attend that funeral. I couldn't even tell you who died. Their excuses were utter nonsense. They remind me of the Borg in Star Trek. They are part of the reason our political system is so dysfunctional - we don't have a credible opposition to FFG who have gorged on our taxes for decades. SF have many poor and creepy TDs but they are not in govt and did not go to Clifden. How much more do you want? Why do people give FFG a pass because SF exist?

And just as I said above Simon Harris will tweet after seeing the what Leo was go to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MadYaker wrote: »
    This government are now a farce. The people in FF have changed but it’s clear the culture persists. Leo is annoying but at least his cabinet understood the importance of following the most basic guidelines when you’re a member of the cabinet responsible for them. I want an election.

His handling of the bailey situation was terrible and undoubtedly hurt him. People were absolutely fuming about her and rightly so, we all feel the pinch of insurance fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Floppybits wrote: »
    Who knows maybe he has but the issue that the Harris is always quick to tweet his opinion like we seen after the Berlin bar incident last week but he is not so quick to tweet his opinion now when it involves some of his party colleagues. It is these double standards that are really making people angry.

My post was tongue in cheek in response to the earlier brain fart post about leave them alone for not using Twitter = they're on hols, to asking if the man's not allowed to use Twitter just because he's on hols.

>>>>> Side of mouth.
    Side of mouth.<<<<<<

The importance that certain posters on here attach to the sewer-pit of Twitter is extraordinary at times.

I have never voted for SF in my life. I probably never will but I am fast running out of options. SF were idiots to attend that funeral. Their excuses were utter nonsense. SF have many poor and creepy TDs but they are not in govt and did not go to Clifden. How much more do you want?

I agree with all the above & I’ve been fairly scathing on the gov’s recent fiascos.

However there’s an SF element on here who defended the funeral to the hilt, along with holohan, etc and now are calling for mass resignations.

Calleary had to go, I agree, but I just find the duplicitous stuff to be almost cult like.

It’s telling on here that people like Dundalkafc are roaring & shouting for people to resign but they’ll defend rule breaking, racism, homophobia from their own party.

I guess what I’m sayin is be careful of getting dragged into a witch-hunt whereby others will just manipulate people’s emotions to get their own agenda across.

The importance that certain posters on here attach to the sewer-pit of Twitter is extraordinary at times.

Em you replied to a Tweet just minutes ago.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114375999

Jaysus.

I agree with all the above & I’ve been fairly scathing on the gov’s recent fiascos.

However there’s an SF element on here who defended the funeral to the hilt, along with holohan, etc and now are calling for mass resignations.

Calleary had to go, I agree, but I just find the duplicitous stuff to be almost cult like.

It’s telling on here that people like Dundalkafc are roaring & shouting for people to resign but they’ll defend rule breaking, racism, homophobia from their own party.

I guess what I’m sayin is be careful of getting dragged into a witch-hunt whereby others will just manipulate people’s emotions to get their own agenda across.

I know more about Irish politics than you ever will. I am well able to take care of myself. Keep your advice. Wrong is wrong.

I know more about Irish politics than you ever will. I am well able to take care of myself. Keep your advice. Wrong is wrong.

Haha ok, if you think so.

More about it than I ever will is quite a sweeping statement when you know nothing about me.

Give me a little teaser of your credentials oh great one

I agree wrong is wrong- I’m saying it’s important to be consistent in your judgements as it’s sorely lacking by a lot of posters on here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Jaysus.

And all their parties make announcements on twitter. They only hate it when the pile on is against them. Sooooo transparent.

Also Simon's response is wake as water lol. No specifics versus when he was piling on a pub or citizens.

https://twitter.com/runyourmouthoff/status/1296762023750098944?s=19

Haha ok, if you think so.

More about it than I ever will is quite a sweeping statement when you know nothing about me.

Give me a little teaser of your credentials oh great one

I answered your SF question fully (go back and have another look). The rest is none of your business. Keep reading my posts, you might learn something.

Decisive action. Right.

Blanch is not replying to any posts today ;)

He is doing the scatter-deflect policy.

• Advertisement

I answered your SF question fully (go back and have another look). The rest is none of your business. Keep reading my posts, you might learn something.

I can see I’m debating here with a big hitter in the politics field.

Usually if someone feels the need to say that they know more than person x will ever know then they know f -all.

The fact that you can’t even think of something to back up your assertion is kinda hilarious.

Also your posts are just childish, scatter gun attacks- there’s not much to learn

I can see I’m debating here with a big hitter in the politics field.

Usually if someone feels the need to say that they know more than person x will ever know then they know f -all.

The fact that you can’t even think of something to back up your assertion is kinda hilarious.

Also your posts are just childish, scatter gun attacks- there’s not much to learn

It looks like you are debating with a resurrected ghost of someone else.

Anybody that criticises FFG government = Shinner. Don't you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,236 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Regina on Radio 1 and she lost her seat!!

FG and FF cowards!!

She was clearly sent out to try and separate FG from the mess of this government. Time and again she made criticisms of FF. FG are in government with FF yet she was using a radion show to talk to the Minister For Education, as Sarah McInerney said, as if she was one of the opposition.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/leo-varadkar-removes-fine-gael-whip-from-senators-over-golf-dinner-but-remains-silent-on-eu-commissioner-phil-hogan-39467242.html
    Leo Varadkar removes Fine Gael whip from senators over golf dinner – but remains silent on EU Commissioner Phil Hogan

Hogan was living in Kildare before the hotel stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Jaysus.

Arse kissing is important no matter the platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭eggy81

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Is it 2010/11 again :P:P

Im sure I heard that about MM, Good Man Michael, got to the top job in the end.....

Not sure how many times I keep getting told FF are irrelevant.....I will wait and see
    Whats good about him?

I have never voted for SF in my life. I probably never will but I am fast running out of options. SF were total idiots to attend that funeral. I couldn't even tell you who died. Their excuses were utter nonsense. They remind me of the Borg in Star Trek. They are part of the reason our political system is so dysfunctional - we don't have a credible opposition to FFG who have gorged on our taxes for decades. SF have many poor and creepy TDs but they are not in govt and did not go to Clifden. How much more do you want? Why do people give FFG a pass because SF exist?

Your post says it all.

Living under the Romulans or the Klingons would be better if they were the only alternatives to the Borg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

eggy81 wrote: »
    Whats good about him?

He is winding up loads of people.....

Plus for someone who people to hold such an low opinion he has managed to get himself the top job in the Country in politics.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

It looks like you are debating with a resurrected ghost of someone else.

After the last few days I think some of the regulars will be creating new accounts.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement