Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Em you replied to a Tweet just minutes ago.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114375999

Jaysus.

I replied to someone else who posted a Tweet, I didn't reply to a Tweet.

I was referring to the habit of some posters on here who seem to spend their time scrounging around in the deepest, darkest and dingiest parts of Twitter for little bits of excrement to support whatever nonsense they are trying to post.

It would be much better if I ignored posts that contain Tweets, but then I would probably suffer from the false allegation that I don't reply to posts, oh, it seems someone has already made that false allegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Is there any chance we could persuade Armando Iannuci to do a thick of it season based on the last few months of Irish government? Malcolm Tucker whirling around the Dail trying to put out the fires would be a sight to behold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It was worriying enough thinking of the schools opening.
    The Berlin bar incident was concerning. Small potatoes but zero consequences was a hint.
    FF/FG/Green seem to be picking and choosing what advice they follow from NPHET.
    We have every level of the state representative at that golf function. Thats the worrying part. Behind the hand wringing and 'we're all in this together' its apparent we Certainly are not.
    We must look a laughing stock of a nation.
    Do we want these cross party self entitled yahoos responsible for peoples, school kids safety? They should return to following strict advice from professionals. It seems FF/FG crony Ireland can't help itself even during a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,236 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    He is winding up loads of people.....

Plus for someone who people to hold such an low opinion he has managed to get himself the top job in the Country in politics.....

How's that working out for him?

The fears of all of us who expressed them are coming true with unprecedented haste.

I said when he finally became Taoiseach that I would give him the benefit of the doubt as he bedded in and I did. But he has been fighting the fires started by weak weak leadership skills from the off.
    To be so desperate and weak to allow FG to ride roughshod over him in cabinet posts, to allow FG to undermine him from day one was bad enough but his own party leadership too has been found wanting.

Bowie wrote: »

agree with most of the meat of yr post, bar the party political broadcast at the end (some other parties have ignored the rules, as id say most people in the country have at times or another- not to defend this latest idiotic episode) but the quote above seems a bit silly. this is how things are meant to operate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This FFG government really is a mess, all I'm seeing is junior B hurling being played here. They've just gone and shat all over everyone who couldnt attend funerals and weddings for the last six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Muahahaha wrote: »
    This FFG government really is a mess, all I'm seeing is junior B hurling being played here. They've just gone and shat all over everyone who couldnt attend funerals and weddings for the last six months.

Poor Bobby Storey, if only he could have got the republican funeral he deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

blanch152 wrote: »
    Poor Bobby Storey, if only he could have got the republican funeral he deserved.

Whataboutery - all the SF politicians involved should also have resigned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

So what are your thoughts around the hotel dinner in Clifden with 81 people this week, 1 day after the new restrictions were announced?
    Do you see no wrong? Or did SF's actions earlier this year justify it? Is that your argument? SF did it so FFG should be allowed to do it?
    That seems to be your argument. Fair enough.
    Do you think Hogan should face any punishment whatsoever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Yeah because only "De Shinnerbots" have a problem with the oireachtas golf outing taking a massive steamy dump on the sacrifices everyone else has been making for months to meet restrictions and best practice.

Actually I hope that is the line FFG take on this; what better way to alienate your own base :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

How's that working out for him?

The fears of all of us who expressed them are coming true with unprecedented haste.

I said when he finally became Taoiseach that I would give him the benefit of the doubt as he bedded in and I did. But he has been fighting the fires started by weak weak leadership skills from the off.
    To be so desperate and weak to allow FG to ride roughshod over him in cabinet posts, to allow FG to undermine him from day one was bad enough but his own party leadership too has been found wanting.

Even if he gets fired in the morning he will be paid a fortune of a pension for years

So I woudl say fairly rosey, would you not?

Bowie wrote: »
    It was worriying enough thinking of the schools opening.
    The Berlin bar incident was concerning. Small potatoes but zero consequences was a hint.
    We have every level of the state representative at that golf function. Thats the worrying part. Behind the hand wringing and 'we're all in this together' its apparent we Certainly are not.
    We must look a laughing stock of a nation.
    Do we want these cross party self entitled yahoos responsible for peoples, school kids safety? They should return to following strict advice from professionals. It seems FF/FG crony Ireland can't help itself even during a pandemic.

Nobody give a f**k about Ireland

Do you think anyone in Europe in the middle of this disaster cares about a few lads going for beers at a Golf event?

We are a tiny country at the edge of Europe! they would be more shocked if we ended up with a group of terrorists running the country. Then we would get some sort of recoginition. Then we would be the laughing stock of Europe. It would be similar to Germany voting back in the Nazi party.
    \
    Just to update, Sky News....the only country you might expect would have a passing interest....not a sign, Taylor swift giving a donation to a student is more important.....

Even if he gets fired in the morning he will be paid a fortune of a pension for years

So I woudl say fairly rosey, would you not?

Delighted for him. Well done Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Anybody that criticises FFG government = Shinner. Don't you know?

I'm really interested in teasing out your previous assertion a bit more.

So you'll know more about politics than I ever will?
    The only kind of person who could make such an assertion about someone that they dont know is someone who probably has previous experience of being heavily involved with a party (and even then thats no guarantee).

So you're anti-FF, anti-FG and "have never voted for SF"?

So the only thing i can assume here (if you're not bullsh*tting as you go along) is that you must have some recent involvement with the Labour party.

If you think that being involved with the team that has more or less killed the Labour party in this country makes you some kind of political sage then I dont know what to say to you.

If it's any different then enlighten me - it's always good to back up your claims

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

She was clearly sent out to try and separate FG from the mess of this government. Time and again she made criticisms of FF. FG are in government with FF yet she was using a radion show to talk to the Minister For Education, as Sarah McInerney said, as if she was one of the opposition.

Francie, she is no idiot.

What did you want her to do?

Make a fool of herself trying to defend the indefensible?

Unfortunately for her she always was a straight talker, called out those who needed calling out , prised out the non triers from under their slates which unfortunately cost her her seat.

She handled the interview very well and pulled no punches.

And don’t bother with the failed company stuff Francie .... I am well aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

MadYaker wrote: »
    This government are now a farce. The people in FF have changed but it’s clear the culture persists. Leo is annoying but at least his cabinet understood the importance of following the most basic guidelines when you’re a member of the cabinet responsible for them. I want an election.

They haven’t gone away you know ;)

IT is great to see in the biggest crisis in year in Ireland, with everything going on we have no sign whatsoever of "the best opposition ever"

Look like the Sinners all off hiding somehwere, maybe on holidays abroad but the SF trolls wont mention that???

If in Ireland you would expect them all to be standing outside RTE begging for someone to interview them

Francie, she is no idiot.

What did you want her to do?

Make a fool of herself trying to defend the indefensible?

Unfortunately for her she always was a straight talker, called out those who needed calling out , prised out the non triers from under their slates which unfortunately cost her her seat.

She handled the interview very well and pulled no punches.

And don’t bother with the failed company stuff Francie .... I am well aware of it.

SHe got found out when the interviewer told her she was 'sounding like a member of the opposition', criticising a member of her own party's government through a radio station.

In other words the FG policy, indulged by Varadkar and others, of divorcing themselves from government has been rumbled and won't wash.

IT is great to see in the biggest crisis in year in Ireland, with everything going on we have no sign whatsoever of "the best opposition ever"

Look like the Sinners all off hiding somehwere, maybe on holidays abroad but the SF trolls wont mention that???

If in Ireland you would expect them all to be standing outside RTE begging for someone to interview them

I think David Culinane's secretary posted on the usual press release.

"All the things that people don't like about the new restrictions- we'd not have done and all the things that people are fine with - we'd have done anyway & have been pushing for over the last few weeks"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And of course if they were on every news/current affairs show trying to make hay with this, you certainly wouldn't be accusing them of trying to political capital out of a national crisis, no sirree.

• Advertisement

I don't know enough about people's personal lives to claim 'they are on holidays' but I do know that on holidays or not that Mary Lou has contacted the Taoiseach this morning and asked that the Dáil be recalled, he has refused.

I also know that David Cullinane was on the National Broadcaster's prime political show this am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Get Trump in.

NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

SHe got found out when the interviewer told her she was 'sounding like a member of the opposition', criticising a member of her own party's government through a radio station.

In other words the FG policy, indulged by Varadkar and others, of divorcing themselves from government has been rumbled and won't wash.

Total bullsdust Francie, total bullsdust.

She didn’t fall into the trap of trying defend the indefensible.

If a member of a ‘club’ transgresses and breaks the law is it incumbent on a member of the same club to back them up.

Doing wrong is doing wrong Francie.

Regina wasn’t “found out” Fg haven’t been “rumbled.

You need to think before your hatred of FG clouds your judgement Francie.

She stood up and said it straight Francie, something which is to be lauded.

McInerney doesn’t get any kudos for that remark either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I'm really interested in teasing out your previous assertion a bit more.

So you'll know more about politics than I ever will?
    The only kind of person who could make such an assertion about someone that they dont know is someone who probably has previous experience of being heavily involved with a party (and even then thats no guarantee).

So you're anti-FF, anti-FG and "have never voted for SF"?

So the only thing i can assume here (if you're not bullsh*tting as you go along) is that you must have some recent involvement with the Labour party.

If you think that being involved with the team that has more or less killed the Labour party in this country makes you some kind of political sage then I dont know what to say to you.

If it's any different then enlighten me - it's always good to back up your claims

Go away. You were right the first time. I am a Shinner. Born and Bred.

Go away. You were right the first time. I am a Shinner. Born and Bred.

So the pointless lying came easy to you?
    Makes sense now, cheers for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

All honesty it's time for popcorn an d a few bottles and watch the FFers and FGers eat each other, maybe offer to hold their coats but no need for any other action

I don't know enough about people's personal lives to claim 'they are on holidays' but I do know that on holidays or not that Mary Lou has contacted the Taoiseach this morning and asked that the Dáil be recalled, he has refused.

I also know that David Cullinane was on the National Broadcaster's prime political show this am.

I know the party you supports is corrupt to the core. Illegal activity is not called out and hid. Covered up

Normal parties and normal people will not stick with that. The guys done wrong, it was called out.

All honesty it's time for popcorn an d a few bottles and watch the FFers and FGers eat each other, maybe offer to hold their coats but no need for any other action

Really?

Do you not have Netflix or Amazon or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Seemsall those advisors were on holidays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I don’t think the majority of the electorate who are beholden to no party would appreciate such a response.
    I suppose as with the Irish Water protests, if they didn't have someone to point at they'd create another Paul Murphy.
    The public are tired of the bull****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement