Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Floppybits wrote: »
    There wont be an election any time soon, like Brexit was used an excuse not to have an election, COVID will be used an excuse not to have an election.

Also if there is an election who do you vote for? Lets face it none of the big parties are coming through this crisis as a party to trust and the smaller parties like the Soc Dem's or god forbid Labour just are not big enough to have an impact. If there is an election it will be just either FG or SF and then it will be seen who will go into government with either one. I think FF are finished and if they do survive they will be like Labour are now.

The very nature of politics means that parties won't grow if they aren't voted for. :P

SocDems have been playing a nice slow growth progressive game and its working very very well for them. No real need to change course while you have this shambles in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

costacorta wrote: »
    That minister of Agriculture post is really hurting FF , Who is next in line to take it?

I want to see Eamon Ryan get it, he could get the farmers to cover the whole country in salads and wolves. We could be the first country in the world to have vegan wolves.
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    IT is great to see in the biggest crisis in year in Ireland, with everything going on we have no sign whatsoever of "the best opposition ever"

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making mistakes"
    Napoleon Bonaparte

• Registered Users Posts: 69,236 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Total bullsdust Francie, total bullsdust.

She didn’t fall into the trap of trying defend the indefensible.

If a member of a ‘club’ transgresses and breaks the law is it incumbent on a member of the same club to back them up.

Doing wrong is doing wrong Francie.

Regina wasn’t “found out” Fg haven’t been “rumbled.

You need to think before your hatred of FG clouds your judgement Francie.

She stood up and said it straight Francie, something which is to be lauded.

McInerney doesn’t get any kudos for that remark either.

Ha ha Brendi...you are defending the indefensible here. A FG minister trying to wash her hands of the government her party is in, is absurd. And McInerney knocked the ball out of the park, pulling her on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Really?

Do you not have Netflix or Amazon or something??

I've lost count of them at this stage Amazon,Disney +,N etflix, think I have a few Chinese pirate sites as well but always open to some homegrown comedy,

I know the party you supports is corrupt to the core. Illegal activity is not called out and hid. Covered up

Normal parties and normal people will not stick with that. The guys done wrong, it was called out.

Which has what to do with the point you made - that SF had disappeared.

• Advertisement

The very nature of politics means that parties won't grow if they aren't voted for. :P

SocDems have been playing a nice slow growth progressive game and its working very very well for them. No real need to change course while you have this shambles in charge.

SocDems wont get any seats outside of urban areas, old Labour voters, nothing for rural Ireland

Ha ha Brendi...you are defending the indefensible here. A FG minister trying to wash her hands of the government her party is in, is absurd. And McInerney knocked the ball out of the park, pulling her on it.

Regina heard Oul' Watery Phil was involved at went for it, if the thick one resigns Regina is sitting pretty in Europe,

• Registered Users Posts: 86,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So it is rotating minister for agriculture

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

And of course if they were on every news/current affairs show trying to make hay with this, you certainly wouldn't be accusing them of trying to political capital out of a national crisis, no sirree.

They are hiding in case someone asks why are Mary-Lou and Pearse still their representatives after breaking the lockdown rules to go to the show pageant funeral of the good republican up North.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    They are hiding in case someone asks why are Mary-Lou and Pearse still their representatives after breaking the lockdown rules to go to the show pageant funeral of the good republican up North.

Haha I feel your pain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Jaysus Blanch152. You're hitting a new low. Are you going to answer any questions today about the Clifden fiasco?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

No Francie, you are making a fool of yourself.

You are (as usual) ignoring the salient point I made.

Wrong is wrong, you can’t defend what is blatantly wrong and Reggie was not stupid enough to try.

She wasn’t going to be led down a rabbit hole on this one.

Doesn’t matter what party you belong to unless of course it’s SF

Now Francie, I can dance on the head of a pin for as long as you like, but the answer will always be the same.

Wrong is wrong..... you can’t defend what’s wrong, unless YOU know different.

From Fine Gael's New Politics document in 2011
    Fine Gael’s starting point is simple: political failure lies at the heart of Ireland’s economic collapse. The finger of responsibility must, in the first instance, point directly to the massive policy failures of the recent Fianna-Fail led Governments and their willingness to promote the interests of a so-called “Golden Circle” over the interests of the Citizen.

http://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2013/08/fine-gael-new-politics-march-2010.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Wrong is wrong, you can’t defend what is blatantly wrong and Reggie was not stupid enough to try.

Now Francie, I can dance on the head of a pin for as long as you like, but the answer will always be the same.

The concept of wrong is wrong is not somethign SF adhere to, seems they are passing this down to their supporters

and?

Is this supposed to mean something?

and?

Is this supposed to mean something?

You are most welcome. :D

The New Politics document from Fine Gael goes on...
    The Irish people are rightly outraged at the way in which their country has been misgoverned. However, there is a danger
    that this anger, if not addressed through positive reform, will lead to increasing numbers of our citizens disengaging from the democratic process.
    This cannot be allowed to happen.

And you continue the bull. She of course pointed out the wrong...the FF wrong...but took no wrongdoing on behalf of FG on board. They are partnersd in government, the buck for the actions of the government stops with them all.

The government, some of the opposition, the judiciary, the gardai all have answers to give here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Jaysus Blanch152. You're hitting a new low. Are you going to answer any questions today about the Clifden fiasco?

You are not around long enough to know whether I have hit another low.

As for answering your questions, I have been here long enough to have seen several incarnations of posters who claim to have never voted for Sinn Fein, but are inclined to give them a vote now that there is no other option, and I really can't be bothered responding to another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So back to my original point- a change of Gov won’t get rid of Covid but the appointment of some competent ministers would help to assuage people’s fears in a time of real uncertainty.

And who and where are these competent ministers?

The government, some of the opposition, the judiciary, the gardai all have answers to give here.

No they don't

The people are grown adults, we are not a nazi state. The government passed down guidelines not laws. You do understand the difference.

The person involved has quit his position. Why would any organization have to answer anything?

• Advertisement

As for answering your questions, I have been here long enough to have seen several incarnations of posters who claim to have never voted for Sinn Fein, but are inclined to give them a vote now that there is no other option, and I really can't be bothered responding to another one.

You are, like me, a re-incarnation yourself are you not? If that post was directed at me, I never hid the fact I had another account...I changed it after notifying mods.

I've been around for a long, long year
    Stole many a man's soul to waste

You actually know I have never voted SF. You know. ;)

markodaly wrote: »
    And who and where are these competent ministers?

This is the question, I think I asked this yesterday. I have had no response.

It's similar as everyday on here. Complaining about everything with zero alternatives. No alternative plan

Hurlers in the ditch.

No they don't

The people are grown adults, we are not a nazi state. The government passed down guidelines not laws. You do understand the difference.

The person involved has quit his position. Why would any organization have to answer anything?

The Gardai are investigating this to see if regs were broken Shef. Do keep up.

There are fines and possible imprisonment if they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

SocDems wont get any seats outside of urban areas, old Labour voters, nothing for rural Ireland

Holly Cairns is from a definitively rural constituency (or is West Cork not rural enough?) and is from an agricultural background.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Hubertj wrote: »
    It’s what you expect from SF but from government ministers?

SF are in government in the North remember, and they want to be in government in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭ebbsy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So it is rotating minister for agriculture

Yes. Fortnightly.

The Gardai are investigating this to see if regs were broken Shef. Do keep up.

There are fines and possible imprisonment if they were.

This is what you said Francie

So what answers do the Garda have to give?

If they are investigating well and good but they have zero answers to give.

You are most welcome. :D

The New Politics document from Fine Gael goes on...

and?

What is this supposed to mean?

A few posts ago you claimed to be a political expert, that reputation has taken a serious nosedive

• Advertisement

This is what you said Francie

So what answers do the Garda have to give?

If they are investigating well and good but they have zero answers to give.

There were loads of Garda cars parked outside the event :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement