Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Journal.ie? The biggest shower of lunatics seen in this World...find a single comments page on Journal.ie with sane comments and we will talk

59019671.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

For US Brendi...they run it for us because we and every other member are the EU.

Not my point Brendi...stop repeating yourself.
    Regina was so fervent in her criticism of FF specifically when this was a government **** up, that the interviewer was prompted to inform her that her party was not the opposition.

Take it up with the interviewer if that offends your pride in Regina. We're done on this one.

Heh heh......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Journal.ie? The biggest shower of lunatics seen in this World...find a single comments page on Journal.ie with sane comments and we will talk

That posters talking about an online comments generator, Jesus it was pretty much front and centre of the whole point of the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

gifted wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before this poor excuse of a government is put out of its misery.....it's obvious that there is a lot of people out there who don't want FF in power....we've had barry Cowen....now we've had calleary.....not including how they are handling the covid 19 pandemic......it won't be long before someone or something else about FF is revealed......

Probably....but at this stage it will start to be water off a ducks back....

Thats the point of the joke, random comment generator.

Oops sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Good man MM quick and decisive

Didn’t make the mistake Leo did around Maria Bailey....

Or the same mistake he made with Barry Cowen?

I mean, this post from Shef is the height of disingenuousness. How can you possibly discuss or debate anything with that as the level of interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Can't disagree with the words but this literally reads like it's coming from a member of the opposition. Completely bizarre. Finding FG's tactical comments extremely grating tbh. Really trying to play up the good guys image when they're part of a crumbling, inept government themselves.

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1296884353398706177?s=19

Or the same mistake he made with Barry Cowen?

I mean, this post from Shef is the height of disingenuousness. How can you possibly discuss or debate anything with that as the level of interaction.

Bonnie Bonnie Bonnie

Im sure if I had no time you and the rest had plenty of post about MM lack of action on Cowan. Then last year similar posts on lack of action from Leo on Madigan/Bailey etc

MM comes out quickly and is get rid of guys. Closes down story and moves on and your still complaining. Hillarious. Complaining for the sake of complaining.

Bonnie Bonnie Bonnie

Im sure if I had no time you and the rest had plenty of post about MM lack of action on Cowan. Then last year similar posts on lack of action from Leo on Madigan/Bailey etc

MM comes out quickly and is get rid of guys. Closes down story and moves on and your still complaining. Hillarious. Complaining for the sake of complaining.

Yes, that's exactly what's going on here. Ridiculous.

"Closes down story" he says. It'll be "gone by the weekend" he says. "Nothing to see here" he says.

Yes, that's exactly what's going on here. Ridiculous.

"Closes down story" he says. It'll be "gone by the weekend" he says. "Nothing to see here" he says.

So what do you want to see?

Come on amuse us all......

• Advertisement

So what do you want to see?

Come on amuse us all......

I really want to see where the goalposts are.

But seeing as you're on a rampage on multiple threads and i have your attention:

Do you think the government have handled the crisis well the last few weeks?

And if not, what do you think they should have done different? What would you do instead?

I really want to see where the goalposts are.

But seeing as you're on a rampage on multiple threads and i have your attention:

Do you think the government have handled the crisis well the last few weeks?

And if not, what do you think they should have done different? What would you do instead?

As usual your all talk, tell you what, answer my question and I will answer yours

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/no-salary-cap-for-those-hoping-to-get-help-from-affordable-housing-plan-39467030.html

Good to see even during the holiday the government continues to work on the programs it set out in its agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/no-salary-cap-for-those-hoping-to-get-help-from-affordable-housing-plan-39467030.html

Good to see even during the holiday the government continues to work on the programs it set out in its agenda

Painful.
    This is how it has always worked Shef...they don't all feck off to Bundoran with their bucket and spades for 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Morrison J wrote: »
    Can't disagree with the words but this literally reads like it's coming from a member of the opposition. Completely bizarre. Finding FG's tactical comments extremely grating tbh. Really trying to play up the good guys image when they're part of a crumbling, inept government themselves.

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1296884353398706177?s=19

Are you expecting him to defend the people at the event?

Maybe he's showing a bit of integrity, people do that

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

Thats just a way o,f FF looking after their Developer Friends making sure the price of houses stays up now the Government will buy a portion for you and you pay them back and the developer laughs all the way to the Costa Del Sol as usual

xl500 wrote: »
    Thats just a way o,f FF looking after their Developer Friends making sure the price of houses stays up now the Government will buy a portion for you and you pay them back and the developer laughs all the way to the Costa Del Sol as usual

And now we see the real problem

No matter what this government do we have the select few who don’t know what they are talking about s**ting all over it.....

So come on, tell me what’s your idea to get housing?

Hate to tell you Costa Del Sol? Which developer in his right mind goes to that kip anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This story just has so many layers of nonsense to it. It just keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The Greens are so afraid to rock the boat they don't even have an opinion on the debacle.

Eamon is not allowing any of the other 11 TD's to express an opinion, that's really sad.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The Greens are so afraid to rock the boat they don't even have an opinion on the debacle.

Trying not to unsteady the boat more I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Wanderer78 wrote: »

This debacle is making headlines all over the world and they as a party in Government have no opinion on it.

Eamon has instructed the 11 other TD's to bury their heads in the sand until it all goes away.

Pitiful.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

This debacle is making headlines all over the world and they as a party in Government have no opinion on it.

I some how doubt it's big news across the planet, even though I'd imagine it is making it to news in other countries, it's important that this ship is steady asap, this government will probably be stormy for its lifetime, it ll need balast at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Wanderer78 wrote: »

God help us with the leaders we have, we need decisive people...

Could be far worse, look at our nearest neighbours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Pull the whole thing down. Was always going to happen. Get it over and done with

Pull the whole thing down. Was always going to happen. Get it over and done with

Makes sense, I'm sure it wouldn't cause chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I can imagine the hassle Gardai will get this weekend over the ineptitude of our politicians if they try to break up house party's or clear any crowded pubs.
    I just hope we all remember that we are still in a dangerous situation virus wise ourselves and that a lot of wrongs don't make a right.
    A good few of our politicians have shown scant regard for public health measures and its put enforcement of the measures needed in jeopardy, they should be sanctioned legally and suspended from the Dail over this fiasco.
    If they had any real honour they would resign their seats or jobs.
    Sinn Féin making hay of this for political gain after the Storey funeral debacle is also in the realms of ridiculousness.
    There's certainly no honour in their stance either given that debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭xl500

And now we see the real problem

No matter what this government do we have the select few who don’t know what they are talking about s**ting all over it.....

So come on, tell me what’s your idea to get housing?

Hate to tell you Costa Del Sol? Which developer in his right mind goes to that kip anymore

FF have destroyed the Housing industry they lobbied for years to have self certification which led directly to the debacle of poorly built houses and apartments which young people are now stuck with

The Galway Tent was used to its full potential to look after developers at the cost of young people

We built fantastic housing especially social housing in years gone by so all it takes is the political will

xl500 wrote: »
    FF have destroyed the Housing industry they lobbied for years to have self certification which led directly to the debacle of poorly built houses and apartments which young people are now stuck with

The Galway Tent was used to its full potential to look after developers at the cost of young people

We built fantastic housing especially social housing in years gone by so all it takes is the political will

So you don't understand what has happened

Let put the list
    Galway tent
    Denis O Brien
    Larry Goodman

All used by the posters who havent a clue. Next you will be telling us about vulture funds, that was a disaster for the last lad that went down that rabbit hole

• Advertisement

Who are these decisive people?

Decisive people would remove the TD ASAP after this came out, which was exactly what happened

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement