Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

smurgen wrote: »
    Seems like these lads were duped into it all by the hotel!

https://twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1297084263452610560?s=19

Thats allright so. Come back Dara

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The biggest problem I have with the criticism is the drag the whole govt down thing over it.
    Certainly the whole debacle is harmful but mostly to the individuals involved.
    The govt for the most part are very aware and mindful of our situation and adherent to the rules.
    Are there any amongst us who absolutely haven't broken lockdown rules or bent them at least?
    As a party though the only one that I know of that deliberately flounced and bent the rules are our main opposition party, shower of losers now, whinging and whipping up a frenzy in the name of political gain. Destabilisation is their only game, morons being moronic.
    While the ordinary persons like ourselves have, every right to be angry and express our anger, they certainly haven't.

This is the fairly typical defence being rolled out..'we are bad but de shinners are worse'...as I said to somebody else Bish, turn on your radio, look at Twitter it is not the shinners 'whipping up a frenzy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The biggest problem I have with the criticism is the drag the whole govt down thing over it.
    The govt for the most part are very aware and mindful of our situation and adherent to the rules.
    Are there any amongst us who havent absolutely broken lockdown rules or bent them at least?
    As a party though the only one that I know of that deliberately flounced and bent the rules are our main opposition party, shower of losers now, whinging and whipping up a frenzy in the name of political gain. Destabilisation is their only game, morons being moronic.
    While the ordinary persons like ourselves have, every right to be angry and express our anger, they certainly haven't.

Bishop, do you believe that their was a shindig for the Oireachtas Golf Society, with 81 guests - including Michaél Martin's second in command, Supreme Judges, EU commissioners, various Senators , TDs and even the feckin ambassador for Morocco and neither Michaél nor Leo knew about it?

These things aren't organised by a secret WhatsApp group, and lost likely there's a paper trail of emails of invites and subsequent acceptance and declination responses.

The big thing for me was the the Dails chief covid compliance officer was at the feckin thing - like could you blame people if many start to query "is this virus even a tenth as dangerous as they are telling us? Looks like many in govt don't think so, including the chief covid compliance officer"

But yeah, something Shinners.

Talk about piss down your neck and tell you it's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

This is the fairly typical defence being rolled out..'we are bad but de shinners are worse'...as I said to somebody else Bish, turn on your radio, look at Twitter it is not the shinners 'whipping up a frenzy'.

That's it Francie.
    I'm not giving out about anybody else giving out, only the "shinners".
    The shinners are worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Highly amusing to see the Shinners hopping mad because they can’t cut the throat of this government (metaphorically speaking of course) due to a load of their supporters turning up at the funeral of a sociopath in Belfast. Completely hypocritical to be asking for resignations when you had scenes like this going on:

Mary Lou with a few members of the Army Council of the IRA.
    DEEA6088-5665-405-D-AD43-4-DF0-D38-DD907.jpg

The graveside selfie has replaced the masked gun salute in the Republican plot. I suppose that’s progress of a sort.

24-A94-CA6-1-A8-A-403-E-A57-E-8-FDA5-B657767.jpg

A small selection of the mourners bussed up from Mexico for the day. I believe these fine looking Gaels are from Tipperary, Cork, and Dublin branches of SF.

14-D09-EBB-3620-4480-AD92-9137-C2971357.jpg

Complete hospital pass by SF. Alan Kelly and Labour have been a far more coherent and effective opposite so far.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    The big thing for me was the the Dails chief covid compliance officer was at the feckin things thing.

Was searching to see if that had been posted, how indicative is that of how these guys see themselves?

Having to chase Hogan for an apology too...an elite who think they are above us all, no other explanation for the whole rotten affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bishop, do you believe that their was a shindig for the Oireachtas Golf Society, with 81 guests - including Michaél Martin's second in command, Supreme Judges, EU commissioners, various Senators , TDs and even the feckin ambassador for Morocco and neither Michaél nor Leo knew about it?

These things aren't organised by a secret WhatsApp group, and lost likely there's a paper trail of emails of invites and subsequent acceptance and declination responses.

The big thing for me was the the Dails chief covid compliance officer was at the feckin thing - like could you blame people if many start to query "is this virus even a tenth as dangerous as they are telling us? Looks like many in govt don't think so, including the chief covid compliance officer"

Talk about piss down your neck and tell you it's raining.

Absolutely Mc.
    Agree with it mostly, but the ones that went were bollixes.
    Why didn't they all go if it was so well organised.
    Some of them had a bit of cop on perhaps and said this can't go ahead but we're ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The most disturbing bit for me was this:
    A person staying at the hotel with his family told the Irish Times he saw no evidence of social distancing when he witnessed the attendees arriving.

“No masks. No distancing,” said the the witness who asked that his name not be used.

He said he had to push his kids through two Oireachtas members whom he recognised to try to get to the lift.

“My 11 year old who is Covid anxious was hugely upset. The hotel has been brilliant all week on all Covid aspects. This was a really strange event with all that in mind.

“At the reception people were being introduced to each other and shaking hands. No distancing and no masks. We were flabbergasted.”

For me, this guy's account begs the question of whether this is how our 'elites' are behaving more generally are behaving in what they believe are private settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Last time you "walked away from this forum" was after you spent days defending Barry Cowen to the hilt over his drink driving/provisional license/u-Turn/guards are liar accusations. You then became the scarlet pimpernel for a while, only to reappear with the exact same baloney, obfuscation and waffle.

If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen momma.

I see a pattern emerging.

It’s called having a life. Something you clearly do not have outside boards. I’m sure it very rewarding sitting on a computer day after day abusing random people you don’t know.....best of luck with the rest of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It’s called having a life. Something you clearly do not have outside boards. I’m sure it very rewarding sitting on a computer day after day abusing random people you don’t know.....best of luck with the rest of it....

If you feel I've abused you, (or anyone else for that matter) there's thankfully a report function on this site to deal with any abuse etc.

Furthermore, it's a bit rich for someone with such a post contribution in this thread (nevermind site wide) to accuse others of "having no life".

Irony to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Alan Kelly and Labour have been a far more coherent and effective opposite so far.

They haven't been able to take a strong line on golfgate though because one of their people, Lorraine Higgins, was at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Shefwedfan wrote: »

You're still here? You're like the drunk at the afters of a wedding still propping up the residents after loudly telling everyone they were going after one more about three hours ago.

Highly amusing to see the Shinners hopping mad because they can’t cut the throat of this government (metaphorically speaking of course) due to a load of their supporters turning up at the funeral of a sociopath in Belfast. Completely hypocritical to be asking for resignations when you had scenes like this going on:

Mary Lou with a few members of the Army Council of the IRA.
    DEEA6088-5665-405-D-AD43-4-DF0-D38-DD907.jpg

The graveside selfie has replaced the masked gun salute in the Republican plot. I suppose that’s progress of a sort.

24-A94-CA6-1-A8-A-403-E-A57-E-8-FDA5-B657767.jpg

A small selection of the mourners bussed up from Mexico for the day. I believe these fine looking Gaels are from Tipperary, Cork, and Dublin branches of SF.

14-D09-EBB-3620-4480-AD92-9137-C2971357.jpg

Complete hospital pass by SF. Alan Kelly and Labour have been a far more coherent and effective opposite so far.

I dunno she seems to have put it to this Government in a big way and people from all walks seem to be disgusted. Me hole buckling.

https://twitter.com/MaryLouMcDonald/status/1296767963681480705?s=19

They haven't been able to take a strong line on golfgate though because one of their people, Lorraine Higgins, was at it.

I know Lorraine Higgins. She has about as much to do with the Labour Party these days as Gerry Adams has with the IRA. Make of that what you will.

Kelly has been impressive so far, apart from his opening speech in the new Dáil.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I dunno she seems to have put it to this Government in a big way and people from all walks seem to be disgusted. Me hole buckling.

It's not clear why exactly she wants it apart from being seen on social media. This week has been a FF mess on the new restrictions. Other things like the disease management nobody in LH can do anything about no matter how long they sit. I see it as more about frustration with the virus and a slightly silly assumption that politicians can do anything about it.

An auld half-hearted tweet isn’t going to cut it, dude. Might impress some of the more ‘simple minded’ folk who are attracted to SF, but won’t cut the mustard with Pat and Petula Voter.

SF had a chance to disembowel this government (metaphorically speaking of course) but now they have to keep schtum. They had Harry Potter on yesterday doing that tiresome thing he does where he talks down to people while speaking very slowly.

A bit of a spoofer that lad I’m beginning to think. Getting Simon Donnelly vibes off him. All fart and no follow through.

is_that_so wrote: »
    This week has been a FF mess on the new restrictions. .

The Regina Doherty School of Spin.

There were senior members of FG there too. With the Green party seemingly happy to give it all a pass, it is a 'government' mess.

The Regina Doherty School of Spin.

There were senior members of FG there too. With the Green party seemingly happy to give it all a pass, it is a 'government' mess.
    Well we've had requisite resignations and apologies so most of us are moving on to important thing like schools.

Well we've had requisite resignations and apologies so most of us moving on to important thing like schools.

'Most of' who?

Most of FG? I'm sure they are only too happy to breathe a sigh of relief and move on...absolutely convinced you'd be delighted to do that.

• Advertisement

Didn’t you say only this week that the Irish Times was a rag?

Didn’t you say only this week that the Irish Times was a rag?
    Ah but that's a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

It's not clear why exactly she wants it apart from being seen on social media. This week has been a FF mess on the new restrictions. Other things like the disease management nobody in LH can do anything about no matter how long they sit. I see it as more about frustration with the virus and a slightly silly assumption that politicians can do anything about it.

A Fianna Fail sh1t sandwich indeed but again no left wing alternative save the entitled little prick Boyd Barrett frantically virtue signally or the wasted votes invested in the corrupted mess of thugs and morons in Sinn Fein. FG need to dump " Big Phil" - another glad handling spoofer who really belongs in Fianna Fail

Truthvader wrote: »
    A Fianna Fail sh1t sandwich indeed but again no left wing alternative save the entitled little prick Boyd Barrett frantically virtue signally or the wasted votes invested in the corrupted mess of thugs and morons in Sinn Fein. FG need to dump " Big Phil" - another glad handling spoofer who really belongs in Fianna Fail
    Big Phil is beyond FG now, he's an EU Commissioner, who's just got a second term.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Was searching to see if that had been posted, how indicative is that of how these guys see themselves?

Having to chase Hogan for an apology too...an elite who think they are above us all, no other explanation for the whole rotten affair.

How can you describe Hogan as elite, he has the breeding and manners of an inbred feral cat. Only in his position because of his mate ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

How can you describe Hogan as elite, he has the breeding and manners of an inbred feral cat. Only in his position because of his mate ,

He is above the lowly Irish government minions.

Personality nor manners were never bothered about when it came to joining the elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Big Phil is beyond FG now, he's an EU Commissioner, who's just got a second term.

He can still be expelled from the party as a small paltry gesture, and should be if FG wanted to show any semblance of decency and respect for the people of Ireland who have sacrificed so much over the past 5 months. But they won’t because FG are not a ‘normal party’. They are an elitist shower of corrupt, inept spoofers and chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

I am 100% convinced MM and Leo knew about the big party in Clifden. And they knew Dara and Phil would be there. They need to be asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I am 100% convinced MM and Leo knew about the big party in Clifden. And they knew Dara and Phil would be there. They need to be asked.

It would stretch credibility to think that they didn't know some sort of event was happening. They're both long-standing members of the the Dáil and this event is a well known one on the Oireachtas social calendar. Whether they knew the event was in violation of the restrictions is another thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement