Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

blanch152 wrote: »
    I suppose opinion polls don't matter this week, but will probably be back in favour when Sinn Fein get a bounce.

Are you being deliberately simple when you assume people that do not support FG are automatically SF supporters?

I voted FG for 20 years. Right up until 2016. I don't support them now because of their track record since 2011. Do you acknowledge that? I voted SD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    Why what?

Why would it potentially cost them votes?

Is this a serious question?

Serious question, how would it take votes off FG to be honest?

That would only affect the swing vote which clearly was not with FG on the last election. Hardly going to see SF voters move to FG to suddenly transfer back because of Siteserv....

As I already said, the bump FG got in the middle of virus will disappear Not because of siteserv but because people will be reminded to swinggate, children hospital etc

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Why?

What exactly is the inquiry going to do? take Siteserv back from Denis?

It will remind people how corrupt Fine Gael were when setting up Irish Water. And how wasteful it was. The dodgy contracts. The cronyism too.

Remember this guy....he managed the Poolbeg disaster too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/former-irish-water-director-got-570-000-retirement-package-1.3217419
    Former Irish Water managing director John Tierney was paid a total of €655,000 by the company last year in salary, severance and pension contributions.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/call-for-irish-water-boss-to-be-quizzed-on-poolbeg-project-30254848.html
    THE new Irish Water chief John Tierney is facing renewed calls to appear in front of two Oireachtas committees following a highly significant ruling on the stalled Poolbeg Incinerator. The controversial Ringsend project – which has already cost the taxpayer €108m – has moved a step closer to completion after the European Commission found that it did not involve a breach of state aid rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    TO be honest I dont see any bullyboy tactics. FF/FG/Greens now have to agree internally. All of the parties will be aware if this doesnt go forward then it will be another election. The party that doesn't vote for it will run the risk of having the finger pointed at it and costing the country millions on the back of one of the biggest financial disasters to hit Ireland.

It would be a PR nightmare. Not sure what the issue is with the Greens, first they are going to ruin us all but FG signed up to the Paris agreement and any party that goes into government, including SF, will need to implement a green plan.

Now they are volatile? based on what? snippet in rags of newspapers abotu Eamonn Ryan without actually telling the full story.

If anhy party is volatile you would need to point the finger at SF, they shut down the government for 3 years in NI to bicker with the DUP, since it has reopened they have done nothing to improve. They have a number of politicians who calling them volatile is been nice, image Violet Anne if she was Minister for XYZ, sitting on facebook slagging off people.......

In the current context of who is about to form Govt (?), which would you say is most likely to not agree with the pact?
    SF volatility has no bearing whatsoever on it.
    I'd say the greens are the most volatile and remember one third plus one is all that has to reject the deal in that party.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

How do the same three or four posters get away with ruining every Irish political thread in this forum? No need to name names, you know who you are.

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    How do the same three or four posters get away with ruining every Irish political thread in this forum? No need to name names, you know who you are.

I have no idea who you are on about. Name them.

You don't expect consensus do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

It will remind people how corrupt Fine Gael were when setting up Irish Water. And how wasteful it was. The dodgy contracts. The cronyism too.

Remember this guy....he managed the Poolbeg disaster too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/former-irish-water-director-got-570-000-retirement-package-1.3217419

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/call-for-irish-water-boss-to-be-quizzed-on-poolbeg-project-30254848.html

To be fair the incinrrator was an sbsolute bargain. Unlike the hospital . Even the maddest Sinn Fein thug could have done a better job of that. Someone needs to be called to account. And I fear the cost overruns are to continue.

As to FG corruption and cronyism I await evidence. Irish water was a disaster because Sinn Fein and PB P orchestrated the usual street thuggery that is their hallmark to make sure all the money was wasted.

Because everyone is entitled to everything for free forever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

Consensus, absolutely not, reasonable debate, yes. And the last few pages of this thread, and most other Irish political threads in the forum, are anything but that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Truthvader wrote: »
    To be fair the incinrrator was an sbsolute bargain. Unlike the hospital . Even the maddest Sinn Fein thug could have done a better job of that. Someone needs to be called to account. And I fear the cost overruns are to continue.

As to FG corruption and cronyism I await evidence
    . Irish water was a disaster because Sinn Fein and PB P orchestrated the usual street thuggery that is their hallmark to make sure all the money was wasted.

Because everyone is entitled to everything for free forever

It's possible that you won't have too long to wait.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/siteserv-case-request-for-extension-to-end-of-year-denied-1.4249970

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

The inevitable consequence of attempting to pander to a complete and utter cretin.

I have to say I almost dropped my latte macchiato when I saw that the Greens had included her in their negotiating team. I assumed the logic was that it would be wiser to have her inside the tent p1ssing out, rather than the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

rob316 wrote: »
    Martin would do business with SF, his party wouldn't.

Martin would go into coalition with Gemma o Doherty & the DUP if it meant he could be Taoiseach, thankfully his party gets to call some shots there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

This is it wrote: »
    Consensus, absolutely not, reasonable debate, yes. And the last few pages of this thread, and most other Irish political threads in the forum, are anything but that.

There are a coterie of posters who think it acceptable to label vast swathes of the population scumbags / skangers / dole heads for not voting the same way as them. And call anyone speaking against them stupid. Then they get bent out of shape when very large holes in their thinking and behaviour gets challenged.

Is it any wonder these threads go south?

I'm not sure we're speaking about the same cabal of posters, but I think of a few that really need to clean up their act. They've been at it for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yesterday I would have been fairly confident that this agreement would sail through the membership ratification process in Fianna Fáil and the Green Party. Today, I'm not as confident. Fianna Fáil representatives close to the leadership seem to be somewhat rattled by the no campaign in their own party, with one TD suggesting the Russians are behind it. I mean, that's just desperate stuff altogether and comes across as somewhat unhinged to me.

Then tonight we have the likes of the Green Party Finance Spokesperson Neasa Hourican, who is a heavy hitter in the party and well regarded amongst the membership, essentially coming out against the deal. It's all not as rosey as the spin machines led us to believe it was last night.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1272999967880290304

Was watching it.

Ryan must have been crying into his coffee looking at one of his negotiators basically saying she wouldn't back the deal she spent 5 weeks hammering out.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The inevitable consequence of attempting to pander to a complete and utter cretin.

I have to say I almost dropped my latte macchiato when I saw that the Greens had included her in their negotiating team. I assumed the logic was that it would be wiser to have her inside the tent p1ssing out, rather than the opposite.

It's pretty clear Eamon and other Greens were twisting arms to get a deal done.

This shambles is a disaster waiting to happen. Held together with staples and wishing on stars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

FG Seats 2011 = 76
    FG Seats 2016 = 50
    FG Seats 2020 = 35

Leos spell as leader summed up, thats leaving out the homeless and healthcare crisis in the country

FG Seats 2011 = 76
    FG Seats 2016 = 50
    FG Seats 2020 = 35

Leos spell as leader summed up, thats leaving out the homeless and healthcare crisis in the country

Bravo!

With that level of mathematical ability, I'd be reasonably confident that Dundalk IT will be able to find a place for you on one of their less academically challenging courses. (And they just might be able to teach you how to use an apostrophe in your posts!)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

FG Seats 2011 = 76
    FG Seats 2016 = 50
    FG Seats 2020 = 35

it might have something to do with :

FG Promises 2011 : cut the quangos
    FG Promises 2016 : abolish USC, welfare cheat clampdown
    FG Promises 2020 : Tax Cuts and more tax cuts.

FG Deliveries : free for all abortions, marriage equality, more taxes and more dole and the dole Christmas bonus back.

if FG actually just gave up on any more social 'progress' for twitter likes and delivered even 1 meaningful tax cut, they'd be voted for a hell of a lot more by those in Ireland who work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

That's my point.

The media made such a big deal about her.

Rammed down our throats.

And Erica Fleming who the shinners had as a representative.

Refused accommodation in Clontarf until she hit a forever home.

On Ray Darcy getting all the sympathy.

Its Baffling it really is.

What a great example for her kid and other of her ilk to aspire to.

Yeah but it's Leo's fault someone has 8 kids with no job to support them.

Agh why do I bother.

Rte were falling over themselves to get her on. It is fg fault that they reward her behaviour and give away free luxury housing, while many workers can barely keep a kip of a rented roof over their head. A huge amount of the cost of a new build goes on taxes and then you think that I'd ok, giving away free houses at colossal cost is ok and you wonder why why workingople cant afford housing ? Lol !

FG Deliveries : free for all abortions, marriage equality, more taxes and more dole and the dole Christmas bonus back.

if FG actually just gave up on any more social 'progress' for twitter likes and delivered even 1 meaningful tax cut, they'd be voted for a hell of a lot more by those in Ireland who work.

How he get on in important things like Healthcare, Homeless, Cervical Check Scandal?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Its absolute comedy ! Fg are more interested in serving those they will never receive vote, than wiring people. One of the reasons thsy lost a large amount if seats at the election

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,000 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Brilliantly, better than mehole would anyway, given mehole was at the table with bertie and biffo

The fact of the matter is, the surge in Sinn Feins support and vote in recent years, has given us confidence and supply, rotating Taoiseach and the first coalition between FF & FG.

They are fast running out of options to keep SF out. They can delay but not STOP.

Are you being deliberately simple when you assume people that do not support FG are automatically SF supporters?

I voted FG for 20 years. Right up until 2016. I don't support them now because of their track record since 2011. Do you acknowledge that? I voted SD.

Hard to see what you saw so appealing about the SDs.

Donnelly was a best of them and he jumped ship, Shortall and Murphy will plod on keeping their seats I suppose but I'd say they've gone as far as they will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Excellent, where can I get my free male abortion, I'd like one of them

Martin would go into coalition with Gemma o Doherty & the DUP if it meant he could be Taoiseach, thankfully his party gets to call some shots there.

Sure after he was elected he was interviewed at the count centre and said he was leaving the door open for SF, he must have got his arse kicked behind the scenes though because a few days later he ruled it out.

He knows its the last roll of the dice for him to get the big job so you can nearly smell the desperation off him.

Hard to see what you saw so appealing about the SDs.

Donnelly was a best of them and he jumped ship, Shortall and Murphy will plod on keeping their seats I suppose but I'd say they've gone as far as they will go.

I know, I wish the SDs had more hard working and honest TDs like Alan Farrell, Maria Bailey and Dara Murphy (where are all those fake expenses now?).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I get what he's on about, one poster will pick something stupid, the colour of Varadkers socks at some event , there will then be pages of toing and froing about it, everyone else gets fed up and stops posting.

Would have taught the 3000 or so.kids living in homelessness would been more prominent

So what exactly would you have taught them?

How to spell?

I know, I wish the SDs had more hard working and honest TDs like Alan Farrell, Maria Bailey and Dara Murphy (where are all those fake expenses now?).

Have you read that the Soc Dems' half-leaderette Catherine Murphy has refused to co-operate with the tribunal into Siteserv/DOB that she was instrumental in having set up?

So €34m of taxpayers' funds is heading down the swanee while she continues to park her fat backside on the fence - and pretends to be morally superior to the other members of the Dail.

If a SF/FF/FG TD had tried that stunt, social media would have exploded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The fact of the matter is, the surge in Sinn Feins support and vote in recent years, has given us confidence and supply, rotating Taoiseach and the first coalition between FF & FG.

They are fast running out of options to keep SF out. They can delay but not STOP.

The only people stopping SF getting into government is SF.....

Not sure how you have missed that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement