Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I am 100% convinced MM and Leo knew about the big party in Clifden. And they knew Dara and Phil would be there. They need to be asked.

MM definitely , Varadker too preoccupied with himself to notice so possibly not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Agree that FG should expell Hogan no matter where he "works" now. Something else occurrd to me. Does anyone know of a singal person from any party or organisation who turned down the invite to the golf dinner? Is there even one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

There are some politicians with committee positions who didn't attend. Presumably they would have been invited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I can imagine the hassle Gardai will get this weekend over the ineptitude of our politicians if they try to break up house party's or clear any crowded pubs.
    I just hope we all remember that we are still in a dangerous situation virus wise ourselves and that a lot of wrongs don't make a right.
    A good few of our politicians have shown scant regard for public health measures and its put enforcement of the measures needed in jeopardy, they should be sanctioned legally and suspended from the Dail over this fiasco.
    If they had any real honour they would resign their seats or jobs.
    Sinn Féin making hay of this for political gain after the Storey funeral debacle is also in the realms of ridiculousness.
    There's certainly no honour in their stance either given that debacle.

And if they weren't we'd have posts on how they were poor opposition like we did right up to MLMD speaking out about it.
    Its another of the many situations were one doesnt cancel out the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It’s called having a life. Something you clearly do not have outside boards. I’m sure it very rewarding sitting on a computer day after day abusing random people you don’t know.....best of luck with the rest of it....

I think you need to have a good look in the mirror there Shef because of all the posters in this thread it is you who is the most frequent one- 663 posts and counting or nearly 10% of all posts in this thread. Thats some going Shef and it also makes you look a bit silly when accusing others of spending all day on here when you're the very one who is doing exactly that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Truthvader wrote: »
    Agree that FG should expell Hogan no matter where he "works" now. Something else occurrd to me. Does anyone know of a singal person from any party or organisation who turned down the invite to the golf dinner? Is there even one?

Apparently Michael Creed attended but not the dinner part.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

McMurphy wrote: »
    Apparently Michael Creed attended but not the dinner part.

Wow, who knew agriculture ministers were such edgelords?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Pressure is certainly mounting rather than diminishing on Big Phil and on Leo to address his role.

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-trade-chief-hogan-clings-on-amid-scandal-over-galway-golf-dinner/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think you need to have a good look in the mirror there Shef because of all the posters in this thread it is you who is the most frequent one- 663 posts and counting or nearly 10% of all posts in this thread. Thats some going Shef and it also makes you look a bit silly when accusing others of spending all day on here when you're the very one who is doing exactly that.

:D:D

Classic!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Last time you "walked away from this forum" was after you spent days defending Barry Cowen to the hilt over his drink driving/provisional license/u-Turn/guards are liar accusations. You then became the scarlet pimpernel for a while, only to reappear with the exact same baloney, obfuscation and waffle.

If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen momma.

I see a pattern emerging.
    It was headlines on their site yesterday shef - this is a new day - dear Mary mother of god you're hard work.

200.gif
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It’s called having a life. Something you clearly do not have outside boards. I’m sure it very rewarding sitting on a computer day after day abusing random people you don’t know.....best of luck with the rest of it....

McMurphy and Shefwedfan (and others) stop the personal remarks. Cards and threadbans if it continues

• Advertisement

Leo could not lay a finger on Dara Murphy who extorted fake expenses from the taxpayer while double jobbing in Brussels. What chance does he have of reprimanding Trickle Hogan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Leo could not lay a finger on Dara Murphy who extorted fake expenses from the taxpayer while double jobbing in Brussels. What chance does he have of reprimanding Trickle Hogan??

TBF he knew what Murphy was at the whole time and allowed it. He then pretended to give a **** when it was published in the media.

Making the correct noise, but it's half hearted I reckon.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1297259571543715842?s=09

Making the correct noise, but it's half hearted I reckon.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1297259571543715842?s=09

If he refuses and FG do not kick him out of the party then it is just cynical window dressing

If he refuses and FG do not kick him out of the party then it is just cynical window dressing

Or........

Sunday papers have something on him blatantly breaking quarantine restrictions and he's been exposed as a liar, so they're covering their arses as if they got there first.

I'm reading lots of speculation about who Brian Hayes guests were on the night also, but that's not yet been confirmed.

Like Barry Cowens episode, there's plenty of road in this one yet. There'll be loads of squeaky holes in the Dail next week (which is being recalled apparently)

FFG in it together right up to their gonads.

Or........

Sunday papers have something on him blatantly breaking quarantine restrictions and he's been exposed as a liar, so they're covering their arses as if they got there first.

I'm reading lots of speculation about who Brian Hayes guests were on the night also, but that's not yet been confirmed.

Like Barry Cowens episode, there's plenty of road in this one yet. There'll be loads of squeaky holes in the Dail next week (which is being recalled apparently)

FFG in it together right up to their gonads.

Brian Hayes guests? Can you reveal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

https://twitter.com/KatieGHannon/status/1297269597356339202

Big booboo here by Katie Hannon, she tweeted that Govt to recall Dail - complete with a big banner saying this is embargoed until after midnight, do not report.

So looks like Big Phil is in trouble, and the Dail is being recalled. What a big mess for a round of golf and a meal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Patser wrote: »

Big booboo here by Katie Hannon, she tweeted that Govt to recall Dail - complete with a big banner saying this is embargoed until after midnight, do not report.

So looks like Big Phil is in trouble, and the Dail is being recalled. What a big mess for a round of golf and a meal

What does embargoed mean?

Is that a favour given to select journalists? Embargoed emails?

gifted wrote: »
    What does embargoed mean?

'Keep it to yourself' until the appointed time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Only the EU commission can sack Hogan.
    The government needs to make their opinion very clear to Ursula von der Leyen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Brian Hayes guests? Can you reveal?
    something about vulture funds i hear, on another thread here

A journalist was prevented from asking a government minister a question ?
    Video on Independant website.
    I never thought that I would see this in Ireland. North Korea, yes ... in Ireland ?

Scoondal wrote: »
    A journalist was prevented from asking a government minister a question ?
    Video on Independant website.
    I never thought that I would see this in Ireland. North Korea, yes ... in Ireland ?
    Stephen Donnelly I assume?

Apparently the person who stopped the questioning is herself, an ex journalist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://twitter.com/sundayworld/status/1297277239315386370?s=19

Stephen Donnelly I assume?

Apparently the person who stopped the questioning is herself, an ex journalist.

A public relations manager acting like she is in North Korea. She should be sacked too. Clean out all the arrogant people. What country do they think that they are living in ?

I am going to email Ursula with my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Patser wrote: »

It's not the first time Katie boobooed.

A fair summing up here. This is why Leo and Michael are squirming around trying to hold on to control. This is how we are run and I think the penny is dropping for many. The omerta around this stuff has been suspected for a long tme. It has been blown wide open for all to see by two journalists who had to cancel their own wedding.

https://twitter.com/SJTHolland/status/1296800571660304385

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

I am going to email Ursula with my thoughts.

Make sure you mail Farage as well so that he can join your bandwagon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement