Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Small details? :D:D

You know what I mean.
    Trying to create havoc when it's not needed.
    The govt have dealt with the golfgate thing fairly well. No bull****, minister and senator gone.
    Then you have the pontificating from our main opposition on it after the the Storey funeral debacle, did they deal with that in any fair way?
    Loudmouths and gobshytes the lot of them.
    And anyone who defends them or claim they have valid retort rights on golfgate after that isn't much better frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You know what I mean.
    Trying to create havoc when it's not needed.
    The govt have dealt with the golfgate thing fairly well. No bull****, minister and senator gone.
    Then you have the pontificating from our main opposition on it after the the Storey funeral debacle, did they deal with that in any fair way?
    Loudmouths and gobshytes the lot of them.
    And anyone who defends them or claim they have valid retort rights on golfgate after that isn't much better frankly.

No I don't know what you mean.
    What does 'small details' mean? Two people have resigned here because they recognise that what they did was completely wrong...read what they said.

I didn't defend SF, BTW, I said the funeral was handled wrong and shouldn't have happened as it did.

You can ignore SF in this if you want, but you cannot ignore the disquiet and anger of many many people and parties that are not shinners or SF.

No I don't know what you mean.
    What does 'small details' mean? Two people have resigned here because they recognise that what they did was completely wrong...read what they said.

I didn't defend SF, BTW, I said the funeral was handled wrong and shouldn't have happened as it did.

You can ignore SF in this if you want, but you cannot ignore the disquiet and anger of many many people and parties that are not shinners or SF.

No problem with the public anger, your anger or any pundit on here, I'm angry myself.
    But after the Storey funeral debacle I wouldn't trust SF with anything covid related and the thought of having to listen to or read about any of them talking on covid advice sickens me.
    Bunch of hypocrites and if the any honour they'd shut the fcuk up about it.
    They had every right they claim, they apologised for any hurt caused, but never said they were wrong.
    At least Calleary and others resigned over their mistakes.

No problem with the public anger, your anger or any pundit on here, I'm angry myself.
    But after the Storey funeral debacle I wouldn't trust SF with anything covid related and the thought of having to listen to or read about any of them talking on covid advice sickens me.
    They had every right they claim, they apologised for any hurt caused, but never said they were wrong.

If Calleary thought he had done nothing wrong or didn't believe he broke rules he shouldn't have resigned. Leo and Michael should not have criticised all there either.

SF accepted they got social distancing wrong and apologised for the hurt caused by that but don't believe they broke any regs and have left that to the authorities to decide.

You can't have it every way here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    doesn't really matter, won't be an election for at least 2 years because no one would be dumb enough to hold one during a pandemic

It'll run until MM is supposed to hand over to Varadkers successor , in the mean time they'll undermine each other at every chance but no election,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can you link to your outrage surrounding the social distancing measures being broken by the mourners at Garda Horkans funeral please Bish?

You were similarly outraged at that example of covid measures being ignored too, right?

Don't tell me we will have to come back to this particular part of your post if there's no example of you not being outraged will we?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Can you link to your outrage surrounding the social distancing measures being broken by the mourners at Garda Horkans funeral please Bish?

You were similarly outraged at that example of covid measures being ignored too, right?

Don't tell me we will have to come back to this particular part of your post if there's no example of you not being outraged will we?

I'm not sure why you bring that into it really.
    Public interactions and breaches are a common ocurence in reality.
    Those that make the laws are in a different position.
    As I said, if there's anyone who has strictly adhered to the guidelines amongst the public then they are saints.
    Public events and politicians that make our laws and rules breaching them openly is a disaster for the message they need to send out.
    Hence the resignations and sackings and calls for them.
    In a political sense I'm talking here as we are on a political forum.
    If the govt had stood by and accepted apologies and said that's an end to the matter I'd be calling for an end to them too.
    But decisive action was taken.
    Not so after the Storey funeral, which SF and supporters still defend while pontificating on the golfgate.
    I'm not a politician nor in the public eye nor a Saint either, but I'm honest.

I'm not sure why you bring that into it really.
    Public interactions and breaches are a common ocurence in reality.
    Those that make the laws are in a different position.
    As I said, if there's anyone who has strictly adhered to the guidelines amongst the public then they are saints.
    Public events and politicians that make our laws and rules breaching them openly is a disaster for the message they need to send out.
    Hence the resignations and sackings and calls for them.
    In a political sense I'm talking here as we are on a political forum.
    If the govt had stood by and accepted apologies and said that's an end to the matter I'd be calling for an end to them too.
    But decisive action was taken.
    Not so after the Storey funeral, which SF and supporters still defend while pontificating on the golfgate.
    I'm not a politician nor in the public eye nor a Saint either, but I'm honest.

I'm bringing it into it because it's a fair comparison of a sizeable group of mourners attending funerals of obviously well respected and liked members of a community, some of which could be seen at times breaking the SD protocol in place, within a short space of time of each other.

That's (to my mind, and as far as I know) the only thing that the shinners did wrong.

The PSNI were investigating if any other regulations were broken, and I don't think they have found any yet.

So to sum it up, you think some shinners should resign because some mourners were observed breaking social distancing guidelines at a funeral?

Is that really comparable with what went on at golfgate? Really?

I'm bringing it into it because it's a fair comparison of a sizeable group of mourners attending funerals of obviously well respected and liked members of a community, some of which could be seen at times breaking the SD protocol in place, within a short space of time of each other.

That's (to my mind, and as far as I know) the only thing that the shinners did wrong.

The PSNI were investigating if any other regulations were broken, and I don't think they have found any yet.

So to sum it up, you think some shinners should resign because some mourners were observed breaking social distancing guidelines at a funeral?

Any government TD who attended Horkans funeral as well? Charlie Flanagan booking appointment at the dole office tomorrow?

Any government TD who attended Horkans funeral as well? Charlie Flanagan booking appointment at the dole office tomorrow?

But that's different, Charlie was there as a very important person and the virus doesn't infect the likes of him, nor can it be spread as easily as it could from mourners at a Sinn Fein funeral don't you know.

• Advertisement

The shinners broke social distancing, its there to be seen in photos.
    This has been covered before.

Charlie was there as minister for justice, a lone govt rep. There were no masks rules at that time.
    Poor attempt at counter argument there.
    I think everyone would have been expecting him there.

It's also to be seen in the very post of mine you quoted.

You might answer the question, do you think some shinners should resign because some mourners were observed breaking social distancing guidelines whilst at a funeral?

It's also to be seen in the very post of mine you quoted.

You repeat, but obviously didn read well.

'Social distancing' is guidance/advice...it is not a Regulation.

https://www.thejournal.ie/government-calls-two-metre-distance-rule-5106713-May2020/

Not defending it, just stating the difference. The 81 people at the Golf dinner broke regulations

Charlie was there as minister for justice, a lone govt rep. There were no masks rules at that time.
    Poor attempt at counter argument there.
    I think everyone would have been expecting him there.

Not even an attempt at counter argument, whole Horkan funeral was used as a show of force by the government, His funeral should have been limited the same as all the others
    . Storrys should have been the same, We have pages of posters claiming their wrong is somehow less wrong than someone elses.

You repeat, but obviously didn read well.

I read it as well as it was written, perhaps you didn't read what you responded to well enough?

Are you going to answer the question?

Are we to start demanding the resignation of any TD or politician here who has been pictured breaking social distancing guidelines at times?

**Anyone any experience in long distance camera lenses btw?**

I read it as well as it was written, perhaps you didn't read what you responded to well enough?

Are you going to answer the question?

Are we to start demanding the resignation of any TD or politician here who has been pictured breaking social distancing guidelines at times?

**Anyone any experience in long distance camera lenses btw?**

Mitchelle ó Néill for must be she did well to squeeze in for that selfie with a long distance lens that made it look like she was right in the middle of them lads.
    Pearce among others,there right in the middle of the crowd as the big three posed for their publicity photo.
    Have we lenses now that can do all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

I don’t intend to single you out as I’ve seen this view expressed by numerous people now

However, this is the attitude that has us in this mess.
    I have strictly adhered to the guidelines from the start and I’m not a saint. I just thought I was doing my bit.
    Unfortunately it seems I was just wasting my time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Badly of course, but I wouldn't be worrying too much about them, many will remain in support of them, the government probably won't collapse, both will probably do okay in the next ge
    Thats a pity. We have such wonderful talented people on the opposition benches waiting to get their dirtbird heads into the trough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Leo briefing against FF according to RTE radio there.

Should Martin not sack Leo if that's the case?

None of that has been dealt with by the same actions as the govt have taken.
    No one has been criticised by the party involved.
    Apologies if hurt was caused or restrictions broken, but no admission it was wrong or shouldn't have happened.
    Just the insinuation that if you think we are wrong that's OK, we weren't wrong, it's just your perception of it.
    But we are going to preach on it when others are wrong and we are right either way, finger up, tiochaidh ar lá.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Leo briefing against FF according to RTE radio there.

Should Martin not sack Leo if that's the case?

Do you think Martin fancies a general election right now? Anyway, this sort of thing goes on all the time in coalition governments, FF will just have to suck it up unless they want another election.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Do you think Martin fancies a general election right now? Anyway, this sort of thing goes on all the time in coalition governments, FF will just have to suck it up unless they want another election.

Well surely this can't go on, a completely dysfunctional cabinet.

And Eamon Ryan needs to be committed to an asylum.

Current polls suggest FF will be hammered.
    A FG SF coalition in the offing I think.
    Only other option seems to be replacing FG with SF in the current set up.
    Could that happen without an election?

Mitchelle ó Néill for must be she did well to squeeze in for that selfie with a long distance lens that made it look like she was right in the middle of them lads.
    Pearce among others,there right in the middle of the crowd as the big three posed for their publicity photo.
    Have we lenses now that can do all that?

You spectacularly missed the point Bishop, well done.

There's numerous photos that have been doing the rounds of Leo, Simon, and other high profile politicians disregarding social distancing measures......

All to be sacked or resignations tendered or is it just the shinners that annoy you?

You spectacularly missed the point Bishop, well done.

There's numerous photos that have been doing the rounds of Leo, Simon, and other high profile politicians disregarding social distancing measures......

All to be sacked or resignations tendered or is it just the shinners that annoy you?

I'd go with you, they should all resign!
    You're being pedantic in the extreme Mc.
    But if that's what you're call is I'm with you.
    SF and FG need a new leadership with most of their front benches
    If one size fits all let's go. I'm as willing to criticise and call for resignations from all of them that broke the restrictions.
    But one side being outraged by the other is a sham and political footballing when we need strong governing.
    No side is better than the other in that regard perhaps, but one side at least is dealing with its flagrant breaches while the other denies it did any wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Edgware wrote:
    Thats a pity. We have such wonderful talented people on the opposition benches waiting to get their dirtbird heads into the trough

Ah I wouldn't be worrying about those folks too much, they ll be lucky if they ever get into government, and if they do, the other two will keep them in check

I'd go with you, they should all resign!
    You're being pedantic in the extreme Mc.
    But if that's what you're call is I'm with you.
    SF and FG need a new leadership with most of their front benches
    If one size fits all let's go. I'm as willing to criticise and call for resignations from all of them that broke the restrictions.
    But one side being outraged by the other is a sham and political footballing when we need strong governing.
    No side is better than the other in that regard perhaps, but one side at least is dealing with its flagrant breaches while the other denies it did any wrong.

Someone's being pedantic alright, but it's certainly not me, I challenge you to find one post from myself either whinging about, or calling for resignations from any politicians found to be breaking social distancing measures, either at funerals/photo opportunities or elsewhere.

So I am correct, you're being hypocritical, you want shinners to be sacked, resignations etc for mourners not correctly socially distancing, but not a peep out of you for the mourners at the Garda funeral, same for Leo and buddies photo opportunities.

Breaking social distancing guidelines is an entirely different thing to breaking regulations, this has been pointed out to you already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lot of anger out there.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement