Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Someone's being pedantic alright, but it's certainly not me, I challenge you to find one post from myself either whinging about, or calling for resignations from any politicians found to be breaking social distancing measures, either at funerals/photo opportunities or elsewhere.

So I am correct, you're being hypocritical, you want shinners to be sacked, resignations etc for mourners not correctly socially distancing, but not a peep out of you for the mourners at the Garda funeral, same for Leo and buddies photo opportunities.

Breaking social distancing guidelines is an entirely different thing to breaking regulations, this has been pointed out to you already.

Must be very disappointing for you and others to be hamstrung by the actions of your darlings!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Must be very disappointing for you and others to be hamstrung by the actions of your darlings!

Why do you say that?

I just can see the woods for the trees - the social distancing guidelines are easily broken at times, whether it's at a photo shoot, or grieving mourners.

It must be disappointing for you however to be called out on your hypocrisy, you try to play the neutral impartial observer, but it doesn't fool me I'm afraid.

Now let's get back to you wanting shinners resignations because they broke some social distancing guidelines at a funeral, but not a whimper about Garda Horkans funeral, or leo and chums gurning for photo opps.

Why do you say that?

I just can see the woods for the trees - the social distancing guidelines are easily broken at times, whether it's at a photo shoot, or grieving mourners.

It must be disappointing for you however to be called out on your hypocrisy, you try to play the neutral impartial observer, but it doesn't fool me I'm afraid.

Now let's get back to you wanting shinners resignations because they broke some social distancing guidelines at a funeral, but not a whimper about Garda Horkans funeral, or leo and chums gurning for photo opps.

How's about this one.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-councillor-apologises-over-lanzarote-holiday-39470068.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Lot of anger out there.......

Yes Brendan. We know you're angry, you haven't logged out for weeks and you're getting confused between your accounts. Dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Govt looking under pressure again.
    Dail recalled early, no harm I suppose, but really when we need decisive, cohesive and clear govt action, we are going to be listening to opposition questioning of every small detail.
    The **** stirrers in action!

Agreed, however they are on holidays. I mean with a worsening global pandemic and Brexit on the way we need a government on holiday, when not breaching their own restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Bowie wrote: »
    Agreed, however they are on holidays. I mean with a worsening global pandemic and Brexit on the way we need a government on holiday, when not breaching their own restrictions.

Do you really think that having all those gob****es back in the Dail will make any difference?

What about it, does it contradict anything else I was saying, or is this goalposts shifting time.

I personally cancelled a family holiday in the Canaries in mid June, and a trip to NYC for this month because of covid concerns, this was personal choice though, not mandatory.

Like your woman you linked to, the govt are advising against all non essentially travel, but if you do go to a non green list country, self isolate upon return.

Quite different from regulations.

In saying that, I wouldn't have went, and I think she was mad to go, but there's still personal choice in the country yet and she self isolated when she returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Lot of anger out there.......

How those lemons BB?

You were fairly sucking them during the Irish Water thread when your hero Hogan was creating a "god awful mess" (Alan Dukes said that).

Great craic though.

Edgware wrote: »
    Do you really think that having all those gob****es back in the Dail will make any difference?

I was commenting on a post suggesting we didn't need distractions...while the boys and girls are on holidays.....

What about it, does it contradict anything else I was saying, or is this goalposts shifting time.

I personally cancelled a family holiday in the Canaries in mid June, and a trip to NYC for this month because of covid concerns, this was personal choice though, not mandatory.

Like your woman you linked to, the govt are advising against all non essentially travel, but if you do go to a non green list country, self isolate upon return.

In saying that, I wouldn't have went, and I think she was mad to go, but there's still personal choice in the country yet and she self isolated when she returned.

I watched a family funeral from a webcast. Some members attended. I chose not to, don't begrudge them. They did socially distance.
    A golf piss up attended by every level of the state as covid worsens, a little different IMO.

They have no respect for the tax paying public. Same as with absentee voting in the Dail, getting pals or underlings to vote.
    Entitled elitist trash.

• Advertisement

Hmm, free choice, not really.
    Fáilte Ireland boss resigned over Italy trip.
    Selective reasoning proven I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Current polls suggest FF will be hammered.
    A FG SF coalition in the offing I think.
    Only other option seems to be replacing FG with SF in the current set up.
    Could that happen without an election?
    Think they will limp through this providing that the schools don't turn into a COVID-19 disaster and that there are no more "incidents". I don't think the new partners are enjoying this at all especially as governments often get a reasonable honeymoon period to settle into portfolios.

Hmm, free choice, not really.
    Fáilte Ireland boss resigned over Italy trip.
    Selective reasoning proven I think.

What do you mean selective reasoning?

First off, did you read any posts of mine calling for your man to resign, or any mention of his trip anywhere on this site?

Secondly, do you think there's a slight bit of a difference in the head of Fáilte feckin Ireland - and him spearheading a staycation campaign, and some councillor no-one most people probably never heard of before this trip to the Canaries? But your woman is a shinner afterall, so that's Obviously why she's being wheeled out against the head of Fáilte Ireland.

You seem to be now arguing a point of which I haven't even made. :D

is_that_so wrote: »
    Think they will limp through this providing that the schools don't turn into a COVID-19 disaster and that there are no more "incidents". I don't think the new partners are enjoying this at all especially as governments often get a reasonable honeymoon period to settle into portfolios.

FF and the Greens, (with the conscious element silenced) will hang on in as they'll likely end up worse off in an election around now. FG is a tough call seeing as they have been socially distancing from FF and responsibility, but how effectively remains to be seen.
    I expect whispers of Varadkar's discontentment were for window dressing more than anything but Hogan did damage and Woulfe gives an awkward cap to it.

What do you mean selective reasoning?

First off, did you read any posts of mine calling for your man to resign, or any mention of his trip anywhere on this site?

Secondly, do you think there's a slight bit of a difference in the head of Fáilte feckin Ireland - and him spearheading a staycation campaign, and some councillor no-one most people probably never heard of before this trip to the Canaries? But your woman is a shinner afterall, so that's Obviously why she's being wheeled out against the head of Fáilte Ireland.

You seem to be now arguing a point of which I haven't even made. :D

Perhaps you could go back to SF headquarters and explain All that to them.
    You initiated our discussion today not me.
    For someone so uncaring about all this you sure went a long way with it.
    Why is that?

Perhaps you could go back to SF headquarters and explain All that to them.
    What would you like me to explain to them, and why Sinn Fein headquarters? Am i to tell them there's a man on the internet getting his knickers in a knot about mourners at a funeral breaking social distancing, but not at other examples of it happening?
    You initiated our discussion today not me.
    It's a discussion site, I asked you if you had the same concerns over mourners at Garda Horkans funeral, or was it just the mourners at the Sinn Fein funeral you had issue with, and if that was the case (given that covid doesn't care who mourners are) then was it hypocritical?
    For someone so uncaring about all this you sure went a long way with it.
    Why is that?
    Uncaring? I said social distancing is important, but I'm prepared to overlook the odd instance of if being overlooked, be it for a quick photo opp by government reps, or people mourning at a funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

FF and the Greens, (with the conscious element silenced) will hang on in as they'll likely end up worse off in an election around now. FG is a tough call seeing as they have been socially distancing from FF and responsibility, but how effectively remains to be seen.
    I expect whispers of Varadkar's discontentment were for window dressing more than anything but Hogan did damage and Woulfe gives an awkward cap to it.

I don’t think FG will agitate for an election until at the very least we get through winter or ideally for them if there is a sign of a vaccine. We are entering a very difficult stage and FF will take a lot of the blame having housing, education and health ministries as well as Taoiseach. That said, the leaving cert results out soon, schools reopening, hospitals could be overwhelmed this winter (even without Covid), Brexit, pandemic payments ending, FF infighting - it could be a question of when not if this government collapses.

What would you like me to explain to them, and why Sinn Fein headquarters? Am i to tell them there's a man on the internet getting his knickers in a knot about mourners at a funeral breaking social distancing, but not at other examples of it happening?

It's a discussion site, I asked you if you had the same concerns over mourners at Garda Horkans funeral, or was it just the mourners at the Sinn Fein funeral you had issue with, and if that was the case (given that covid doesn't care who mourners are) then was it hypocritical?

Uncaring? I said social distancing is important, but I'm prepared to overlook the odd instance of if being overlooked, be it for a quick photo opp by government reps, or people mourning at a funeral.

Good man, a, walk in the park or a, líne or two in a speech wouldnd bother you either I spose? :D

The uncaring I was talking about was the politicians breaching BTW, I wasn't implying you were uncaring regarding the virus.

Good man, a, walk in the park or a, líne or two in a speech wouldnd bother you either I spose? :D

The uncaring I was talking about was the politicians breaching BTW, I wasn't implying you were uncaring regarding the virus.

Walk in the park, I was straight out of the traps saying it was no big deal at all, and curtain twitchers being concerned about Leo meeting pals for a tin of beer on a sunny bank holiday needed to get some perspective.

The movie lines, yeah guilty as charged, they pissed me off, wasn't a hanging offence by any means - but with almost 1800 deaths and hundreds of thousands out of work, and businesses shut down etc, it wasn't the time nor the place.

Now, we are finished with my thoughts on things (and you are free to check my post history) there's nothing hypocritical here.

But let's get back to you giving out about the mourners at the shinner funeral, do you think members of AGS or other public servants observed breaking social distancing should resign or be sacked or was it just Sinn Fein that annoyed you? (I don't think you ever did answer that one)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Walk in the park, I was straight out of the traps saying it was no big deal at all, and curtain twitchers being concerned about Leo meeting pals for a tin of beer on a sunny bank holiday needed to get some perspective.

The movie lines, yeah guilty as charged, they pissed me off, wasn't a hanging offence by any means - but with almost 1800 deaths and hundreds of thousands out of work, and businesses shut down etc, it wasn't the time nor the place.

Now, we are finished with my thoughts on things (and you are free to check my post history) there's nothing hypocritical here.

But let's get back to you giving out about the mourners at the shinner funeral, do you think members of AGS or other public servants observed breaking social distancing should resign or be sacked or was it just Sinn Fein that annoyed you? (I don't think you ever did answer that one)

Cathy Bennett is sporting a great tan these days.

Weather in Monaghan mush have picked up.

Are the tanning salons still closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Cathy Bennett is sporting a great tan these days.

Weather in Monaghan mush have picked up.

Are the tanning salons still closed.

Was mid 20s up till last Monday in Donegal, 15-17 at night, last few days have been sunny with showers. Lots of very red people about

Not so, no matter how you try to trip it.
    Go back and read the original post you started all this by replying to.
    You tangented many times today.
    My criticism was of SF pontificating on others after their obvious disregard for everyone else themselves.
    I paid no heed to mourners nor mentioned them.
    If you think the parade of fools that SF took part in was mourning then you have a different version of mourning than me.
    That was a show, nothing more.
    Bowie talked earlier of mourning personal loss, sounds and looks a lot more genuine than anything that day showed.
    Bringing a body in a coffin through the streets to a cemetery for a mock up of a funeral so you can make a few speeches isn't mourning.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hogan stopped by Gardai on 17th of August in Kildare for using mobile phone...did he get off on that too one wonders?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jaysus...will we have a government by Tuesday at this rate?

https://twitter.com/davidcochrane/status/1297635735986745349

https://twitter.com/davidcochrane/status/1297635735986745349

Oh ffs...
    Clowns.
    You can be sure they all knew it was happening.This just adds.
    The judiciary, senate, Dail, Garda, all complicit.

Was mid 20s up till last Monday in Donegal, 15-17 at night, last few days have been sunny with showers. Lots of very red people about

That must be it..... windburn from the windswept hills and heather.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Are you a betting man Francie? Predictions or just air?

Oh ffs...
    Clowns.
    You can be sure they all knew it was happening.This just adds.
    The judiciary, senate, Dail, Garda, all complicit.

The clergy.....surely there was a priest there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The clergy.....surely there was a priest there?

Michael D Higgins and Dustin the turkey also weirdly quiet.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Michael D Higgins and Dustin the turkey also weirdly quiet.

Indeed

So the politicians, the judiciary, the guards, the clergy, the Little fella, Dustin, the councilors, the Hotels, all golfers, are so far getting the ire of the ‘lefties.

Any word from Jedward, the corrs, the yella vests, the crusties, the woke, the gas lighters and the hoodies?

The caddies must have been there too

Out.... out with the lot....

Now.....who’s next to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement