Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Floppybits wrote: »
    And it is still rumbling on today. Woulfe has gone into hiding now and big Phil has left the country. This will is going to go on especially when it is revealed who Brian Hayes guests were. Anger is still there.

There's absolute fury in Kildare over Aine Brady and her breaking lockdown for a jolly up it wont end till she resigns from her charity gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

I just can see the woods for the trees - the social distancing guidelines are easily broken at times, whether it's at a photo shoot, or grieving mourners.

It must be disappointing for you however to be called out on your hypocrisy, you try to play the neutral impartial observer, but it doesn't fool me I'm afraid.

Now let's get back to you wanting shinners resignations because they broke some social distancing guidelines at a funeral, but not a whimper about Garda Horkans funeral, or leo and chums gurning for photo opps.

You sound more and more like Phil Hogan with every post, justifying, explaining and whataboutery to defend the Sinn Fein breach of Covid-19 guidelines in respect of the thug's funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

blanch152 wrote: »
    You sound more and more like Phil Hogan with every post, justifying, explaining and whataboutery to defend the Sinn Fein breach of Covid-19 guidelines in respect of the thug's funeral.

Same could be said of you sounding more like Michael Martin trying to defend his dysfunctional government.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wrong blanch, wrong.

I'm not defending the funeral, I said from day one they should all have known better - but the uncomfortable truth is, you cannot scorn one funeral without the other.

You presumably are scornful of the Garda funeral that the mourners broke guidelines, or are you going to tell me covid knows the difference in who the mourners are?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Funny the MoJ can intervene when a SC is fraternising with people she shouldn't but not when a Supreme Court judge is fraternising with people he shouldn't be.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/mcentee-urges-appeals-tribunal-to-act-urgently-on-mcgurk-s-presence-at-rally-1.4337050?fbclid=IwAR3XlTRHrg4_1xa-yEDpcIMhZBsXrxhSKAO7r-XIBQRAH-sLJr_NPYn24b4

• Advertisement

Scoundrel wrote: »
    There's absolute fury in Kildare over Aine Brady and her breaking lockdown for a jolly up it wont end till she resigns from her charity gig.

The likes of Brady, Hayes, Woulfe and few others have all gone to ground and won't be sticking their heads out till this fiasco has gone away. I know the list of attendees has been available on various sites but it would need the media to publish a detailed list of each person that was at the event and their links to politicians. I'd say if that happened you might see a bit more outrage.

Funny the MoJ can intervene when a SC is fraternising with people she shouldn't but not when a Supreme Court judge is fraternising with people he shouldn't be.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/mcentee-urges-appeals-tribunal-to-act-urgently-on-mcgurk-s-presence-at-rally-1.4337050?fbclid=IwAR3XlTRHrg4_1xa-yEDpcIMhZBsXrxhSKAO7r-XIBQRAH-sLJr_NPYn24b4

Not funny or strange at all.

The constitutional separation of powers applies in the case of the Supreme Court, not in the case of the other tribunal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Have you any comment on the Clifden 81 that doesn't involve Sinn Fein? Sad.

Wrong blanch, wrong.

I'm not defending the funeral, I said from day one they should all have known better - but the uncomfortable truth is, you cannot scorn one funeral without the other.

You presumably are scornful of the Garda funeral that the mourners broke guidelines, or are you going to tell me covid knows the difference in who the mourners are?

You have used semantic technical arguments about the timing of lockdowns to defend Sinn Fein attendance at the funeral of a criminal thug, those arguments look similar enough to Phil Hogan's.

I don't accept either, by the way.

Have you any comment on the Clifden 81 that doesn't involve Sinn Fein? Sad.

I have plenty of comments on politicians breaking Covid-19 restrictions, and welcome those who have accepted the inevitability and resigned from their posts and their positions within parties. I am applying the same standard to all.

• Advertisement

You have used semantic technical arguments about the timing of lockdowns to defend Sinn Fein attendance at the funeral of a criminal thug, those arguments look similar enough to Phil Hogan's.

Sigh, I didn't ask you anything about Phil Hogan or his excuses. And there's nothing "semantic nor technical" about the timing of the lockdown - in fact it's extremely binary.

Was the lockdown lifted the day before Storeys funeral?

No - they broke lockdown regulations.

Yes - they didn't break lockdown regulations.

I know this is a difficult time for you, and the facts are unpalatable, but "tuff shït Paddy".

Let's start again shall we.

I will ask again, did you show any condemnation for the social distancing guidelines being broken by mourners at Garda Horkans funeral, or are you somehow under the impression that covid can only be contracted and subsequently spread by certain individuals depending on political allegiance, or depending on whos funeral they are attending.

I see no reason whatsoever to bother my backside responding to any of your typical and predictable absolute nonsensy and baloney until you acknowledge and answer that.

Thanks in advance.

I have plenty of comments on politicians breaking Covid-19 restrictions, and welcome those who have accepted the inevitability and resigned from their posts and their positions within parties. I am applying the same standard to all.

Can you point to one post on the Clifden jolly for FFG and their banking/legal friends that broke brand new restrictions which did not allow for any events except weddings? There were 81 people at it. Any posts specifically on any of those 81?

Not funny or strange at all.

The constitutional separation of powers applies in the case of the Supreme Court, not in the case of the other tribunal.

Martin was asked this morning about setting up a select committee under the https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2017/70/

he agreed that it was possible but dangerous and he waffled out of explaining why and was let away with it by Claire Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Weather was brilliant, bit cloudy today but warm, everyone is tanned, check the weather record for the last 3 weeks if you dont believe me, we do have more beaches than any other county and ours are sand not gravel. More arable land than most of the West as well. Get the impression that your only knowledge of Donegal comes from an episode of Batchelors Walk

I’m afraid you would be very wrong there....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Can't see how the 2 funerals can be compared to a lock in in Connemara , Horkans was a breach, Storeys was a breach but both were outside and didn't last as long as Phil the fxxkers
    Ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

FG must be right browned off with Big Phil. It was looking like Calleary was the big story and all FG had to do was keep 2 meters distance. Now it's flipped and he's not even a government minister.
    Be interesting to see the next polls alright.

Up to the Judiciary as to whether Woulfe gets some form of comeuppance. As Howlin said, it's a test. Interesting stuff.

Bowie wrote: »
    FG must be right browned off with Big Phil. It was looking like Calleary was the big story and all FG had to do was keep 2 meters distance. Now it's flipped and he's not even a government minister.

Up to the Judiciary at to whether Woulfe gets some form of comeuppance. As Howlin said, it's a test. Interesting stuff.

Martin has outsmarted Leo here. Having his TD's on the airwaves first thing this morning calling for Hogan's resignation was smart. Bigger hitter too in McNamara. Judge has the FG links too.

Can't see how the 2 funerals can be compared to a lock in in Connemara , Horkans was a breach, Storeys was a breach but both were outside and didn't last as long as Phil the fxxkers
    Ball

Good luck with that, I have been attempting to get some around here to hold their hands up and admit that the mourners broke guidelines at Garda Horkans funeral just the same as the Mourners for Bobby Storeys funeral broke the guidelines.......

"But SF SF SF SF SF SF SF" is all I receive back though.

Perhaps you will have better luck than I, but don't hold your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sigh, I didn't ask you anything about Phil Hogan or his excuses. And there's nothing "semantic nor technical" about the timing of the lockdown - in fact it's extremely binary.

Was the lockdown lifted the day before Storeys funeral?

No - they broke lockdown regulations.

Yes - they didn't break lockdown regulations.

I know this is a difficult time for you, and the facts are unpalatable, but "tuff shït Paddy".

Let's start again shall we.

I will ask again, did you show any condemnation for the social distancing guidelines being broken by mourners at Garda Horkans funeral, or are you somehow under the impression that covid can only be contracted and subsequently spread by certain individuals depending on political allegiance, or depending on whos funeral they are attending.

I see no reason whatsoever to bother my backside responding to any of your typical and predictable absolute nonsensy and baloney until you acknowledge and answer that.

Thanks in advance.

You won't get an answer to that one. It's a question the FG shills on here and elsewhere try to avoid, despite them ironically bringing up Storey's funeral in the first place.
    Trolls, I'd say.

Good luck with that, I have been attempting to get some around here to hold their hands up and admit that the mourners broke guidelines at Garda Horkans funeral just the same as the Mourners for Bobby Storeys funeral broke the guidelines.......

"But SF SF SF SF SF SF SF" is all I receive back though.

Perhaps you will have better luck than I, but don't hold your breath.

Looks like all those folks have gone into hiding with the likes of Hayes and Woulfe.

I see that Sean O'Rourkes return to RTE has been cancelled by mutual consent. The others will be digging deeper under that rock now.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »

Up to the Judiciary as to whether Woulfe gets some form of comeuppance. As Howlin said, it's a test. Interesting stuff.

Totally agree. FF acted faster than I expected and Dara walked the plank.

All the focus then went back on FG/Leo and they were found wanting.
    I know Killilea was an MEP but why was Phil there at all? He must love his golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This government is just 58 days old.

Unbelievable that so much has happened in that time. Shambolic.

58 days!

Im still waiting for the 'strong and stable' government that FFG promised us. Right from the off it has been an absolute sh1tshow
    -Leo retaining an aide de camp even though he is no longer Taoiseach
    -Coveney getting a Garda driver
    -Cowen drink driving with no license, a drip drip scandal that lasted two weeks
    -17 special advisors needed for the 3 party leaders
    -Eamon Ryan falls asleep in the Dail to wake up and vote down legislation on the most low paid
    -Catherine Connolly gets voted Leas Cheann Comhairle after FG TDs disobey their own whip
    -PUP payments stopped for anyone going on holiday and then 48 hours later Heather Humphreys does a 180 degree U turn and reverses the policy
    And now we have 81 FFG heads on a piss up at a golf dinner in Galway after the whole country made sacrifices for the last six months. Plus the Invisible Minister Norma Foley, schools just a few days back from returning and she is no-where to be seen

'Strong and stable' government it certainly ain't, FFG have been a complete omnishamble and clusterfcuk and we are only 58 days in to what is supposed to over 1,500 days of government.
    Update:

This has now accounted for the following

A TD and Minister
    A Leas Ceann Comhairle in the Seanad
    A vice chairman of FF
    6 Whips lost
    A supreme Court judge under fire
    An EU commissioner gone rogue in Europe
    Deputy Leader of Fianna Fail

We can add the end of Sean o'Rourkes RTE broadcasting career to that list

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im still waiting for the 'strong and stable' government that FFG promised us. Right from the off it has been an absolute sh1tshow
    -Leo retaining an aide de camp even though he is no longer Taoiseach
    -Coveney getting a Garda driver
    -Cowen drink driving with no license, a drip drip scandal that lasted two weeks
    -17 special advisors needed for the 3 party leaders
    -Eamon Ryan falls asleep in the Dail to wake up and vote down legislation on the most low paid
    -Catherine Connolly gets voted Leas Cheann Comhairle after FG TDs disobey their own whip
    -PUP payments stopped for anyone going on holiday and then 48 hours later Heather Humphreys does a 180 degree U turn and reverses the policy
    And now we have 81 FFG heads on a piss up at a golf dinner in Galway after the whole country made sacrifices for the last six months. Plus the Invisible Minister Norma Foley, schools just a few days back from returning and she is no-where to be seen

'Strong and stable' government it certainly ain't, FFG have been a complete omnishamble and clusterfcuk and we are only 58 days in to what is supposed to over 1,500 days of government.

We can add the end of Sean o'Rourkes RTE broadcasting career to that list

And Chief Justice Frank Clarke has asked former supreme Court Judge Susan Denholm to compile a report on Woulfe's attendance.
    More to follow by the looks of things. Hope the meal was worth it.

Leo and Michaél might not have the authority or ability to sack Hogan from his EU commissioner role.

However, has his membership from the law and order party been revoked?

Pretty sure Leo can do something there.

FB-IMG-1598291519358.jpg

Remember folks, "we're all in this together" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Hogan has always been an arrogant chancer and gombeenman. That letter that he wrote about travelers for a constituent, he should've been sacked for that alone. Would be good to see him get his comeuppance, of course he'll retire into obscurity a fat cat with all his pensions. He should be stripped of all of them. An arrogant ignorant smug gombeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Hogan has always been an arrogant chancer and gombeenman. That letter that he wrote about travelers for a constituent, he should've been sacked for that alone. Would be good to see him get his comeuppance, of course he'll retire into obscurity a fat cat with all his pensions. He should be stripped of all of them. An arrogant ignorant smug gombeen.
    THE Traveller at the centre of the Phil Hogan letter row appeared in court in recent weeks on theft charges.

Patrick Carthy (32) was given 12 months' probation for taking cash from a garden centre on the Callan Road in Kilkenny.

He was also fined earlier this year for trespassing on a property and driving an animal-drawn vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.

And court records show at least two further convictions in the last seven years.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/traveller-in-phil-hogan-row-was-convicted-of-stealing-cash-28817253.html

ill criticise hogan for a lot of things, but protecting his consituents from that horror show family is not one of them.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    And Chief Justice Frank Clarke has asked former supreme Court Judge Susan Denholm to compile a report on Woulfe's attendance.
    More to follow by the looks of things. Hope the meal was worth it.

Not ending up well for FG at all, their judge being investigated and a high profile member gone rogue and openly defying the Tanaiste and Taoiseach of the country, not to mention the wishes of a lot of the people. Throw in telling lies to his superior in Brussels who requires further clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/traveller-in-phil-hogan-row-was-convicted-of-stealing-cash-28817253.html

ill criticise hogan for a lot of things, but protecting his consituents from that horror show family is not one of them.

There was other cases with gombeen Phil, that was the only one I could think of. He had to resign before in 1995 as Minister for State for the Department of finance for budget details being leaked. He has form does Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Leo and Michaél might not have the authority or ability to sack Hogan from his EU commissioner role.

However, has his membership from the law and order party been revoked?

Pretty sure Leo can do something there.

FB-IMG-1598291519358.jpg

Remember folks, "we're all in this together" ;)

A change of heart today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

A change of heart today?

I can't see him resigning. It'll be an awkward few days for him but he won't give a f***.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement