Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The distinct impression has been given by Leo, Michael and now von der Leyen that there is more and more out there.

L&M gave him latitude to resign and he wouldn't and now VDL is doing the same.
    The net is closing.

How this is being compared to a beer in the park, or the breaching of social distancing at funerals is beyond me.

This is about an outright challenge to the state and any notions of accountability by rogue members of FG and judicial appointees of FG.

I think you have lost the plot here completely.

L&M have no authority over him, and just like anybody else in that position, he can give the two fingers to them - for another example think of MON's reaction to calls from the South for her to consider her position after her actions at the Storey political rally.

As for VDL, she can sack him, what she is doing is part of a process to give him enough rope to climb out of the hole he is in if he can or hang himself if he can't.

Silly hyperbole about outright challenges to the state from those who support Garda killers is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,227 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »
    As per previous threads I invite everyone to access your posting history to judge for themselves what you are prepared to justify and glorify

Also, no deflection; I think Hogan and Woulfe should go

And I will ask you to post one of these posts where I 'justified or glorified' any of the violence in the conflict/war.

Come on Truthvader...live up to your name here...you have made this accusation several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just to sum up the Blueshirt position on this now

Bobby Storey funeral -no social distancing - Mary Lou needs to resign
    Garda funeral - no social distancing - Charlie Flanagan doesnt need to resign
    The hypocrisy is self evident.

Fair play to you McMurphy for putting up the photos of Charlie Flanagan and senior Gardai not social distancing, theres lots of hand wringing going on now. It has exposed that the Blueshorts arent bothered about social distancing at all, they just have an unhealthy obsession with Sinn Fein that brings the hypocrite out in them.

Unless Im proven wrong and they are calling for Charlie Flanagan to resign? Somehow I doubt it, clearly whats good for the goose isnt good for the gander :rolleyes:

[

Would this be considered a breach of the social distancing guidelines? I've asked repeatedly, yet no-one seems to want to answer it.

IMG-20200825-004331.jpg

Why do folks think MON or MLMD need to resign or be fired - but Flanagan/Ring don't?

Has anyone cleared it up yet?

I'm of the opinion both instance's were wrong - but I'm willing to overlook it, seeing as it's a funeral we're talking about here.

Somehow that is hypocritical of me, that they're both overlooked **shrugs**?

When I was going to school hypocrisy obviously meant something different back then than it does nowadays.

Further - you will see in numerous posts where I'm being compared with "Phil Hogan excuses" or "Sinn Fein Phil" - with what I can only assume is some kind of intended slur, or that poster's insinuation that Phil Hogan is lying, and his excuses are a load of baloney.

I assume they've a load of posts about Phil I in the Clifden threads, and aren't posting solely in other threads trying to make Sinn Fein comparisons, because that would be mad altogether Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McMurphy wrote: »
    [

Would this be considered a breach of the social distancing guidelines? I've asked repeatedly, yet no-one seems to want to answer it.

IMG-20200825-004331.jpg

There is no two ways about it, Charlie Flanagan and Michael Ring are practically holding hands in that photo.
    I'm of the opinion both instance's were wrong - but I'm willing to overlook it, seeing as it's a funeral we're talking about here.

Would be of the same opinion, it shouldnt have happened but it did but given its a funeral and people are upset allowances have to be made.

Im just shocked that posters on here would go so low in the first place as to use a funeral to score political points against SF and I would prefer that we weren't even discussing Garda Horkan's funeral out of respect. But we are because the hypocrisy of Blueshirts is now self evident and it has to be called out.

As for any of this being in any way comparable to what went on in Clifden well only an idiot would try to draw that comparison. Funerals and glorified golfing piss ups are not the same thing. FG party members went down to Clifden to go drinking on a jolly, there is no excusing what they did when the entire nation had made sacrifices for the last six months, its a massive slap in the face to the electorate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

McMurphy wrote: »
    [

IMG-20200825-004331.jpg

Why do folks think MON or MLMD need to resign or be fired - but Flanagan/Ring don't?

Has anyone cleared it up yet?

When I was going to school hypocrisy obviously meant something different back then than it does nowadays.

Further - you will see in numerous posts where I'm being compared with "Phil Hogan excuses" or "Sinn Fein Phil" - with what I can only assume is some kind of intended slur, or that poster's insinuation that Phil Hogan is lying, and his excuses are a load of baloney.

I assume they've a load of posts about Phil I in the Clifden threads, and aren't posting solely in other threads trying to make Sinn Fein comparisons, because that would be mad altogether Ted.

The slurs and attacks are all some have in their bag. I suppose they are socially distancing from Phil. Anyone causing the party upset is a shinner don't you know so Phil must be a shinner...and Leo #WLM Varadkar I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

And I will ask you to post one of these posts where I 'justified or glorified' any of the violence in the conflict/war.

Come on Truthvader...live up to your name here...you have made this accusation several times.

Well here you are a couple of weeks ago happily celebrating the "results" of the murder of children in Warrington - albeit with the usual Sinn Fein pretendy distancing "you don't have to be a fan of IRA".

Indeed, but sure it worked anyway.

As before anyone can go through your posting history and see for themselves the tide of doublespeak, justification and denial on all Sinn Fein/ IRA topics.

And all for what? You failed on another thread to identify one single "right" that the GFA had secured for Nationalists. The Criminals and thugs on all sides got away with murder. Only Sinn Fein think that is a "right"

Originally Posted by markodaly View Post
    No, the question I actually asked was, how did the murder of a 3-year-old toddler and 12-year-old boy help Nationalists in the North.

All I got was world-class 'Whataboutism' and some long-winded defence of that bombing.
    As per this post, going on about atomic bombs in WWII Japan.
    And you got told how it helped 'nationalism' but you are in denial about it so you keep asking the question. Sad stuff really.

The IRA brought the campaign to the British and they got results...look at the timeline...look at the commentary.
    You don't have to be a fan of the IRA to see that it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1298245502069362689?s=19

Jesus christ did the bould Phil ever stop travelling?? That must be the clean sweep of Covid rules broken now?

Well here you are a couple of weeks ago happily celebrating the "results" of the murder of children in Warrington - albeit with the usual Sinn Fein pretendy distancing "you don't have to be a fan of IRA".

As before anyone can go through your posting history and see for themselves the tide of doublespeak, justification and denial on all Sinn Fein/ IRA topics.

And all for what? You failed on another thread to identify one single "right" that the GFA had secured for Nationalists. The Criminals and thugs on all sides got away with murder. Only Sinn Fein think that is a "right"

No, the question I actually asked was, how did the murder of a 3-year-old toddler and 12-year-old boy help Nationalists in the North.

All I got was world-class 'Whataboutism' and some long-winded defence of that bombing.
    And you got told how it helped 'nationalism' but you are in denial about it so you keep asking the question. Sad stuff really.

The IRA brought the campaign to the British and they got results...look at the timeline...look at the commentary.

You're quoting the unfounded or backed up criticism of a poster with validity issues to back up your unfounded or backed up claim on Francie, because, and lets be honest, FF/FG are getting hammered because of their own actions and you'd rather not have it discussed. That's Fox news/Trump level stuff.

Scoundrel wrote: »

Jesus christ did the bould Phil ever stop travelling?? That must be the clean sweep of Covid rules broken now?

He has a stash of important papers in many a borough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bowie wrote: »
    You're quoting the unfounded or backed up criticism of a poster with validity issues to back up your unfounded or backed up claim on Francie, because, and lets be honest, FF/FG are getting hammered because of their own actions and you'd rather not have it discussed. That's Fox news/Trump level stuff.

Calm you ass down. I am quoting Francie because he foolishly challenged me to. The first two lines are from a poster critical of Sinn Fein. The remainder is Francie's reply to that poster. Nothing to do with FF/FG. Indeed if you take the time to check you will see that I too am calling for Hogan and Woulfe to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40037582.html#.X0UM6OcP9_U.twitter
    EU Commissioner Phil Hogan stayed in a Limerick hotel and ate at a restaurant in Adare on August 12, one day before his 14-day isolation period was due to expire.

Multiple sources have confirmed to the Irish Examiner that Mr Hogan stayed in the Dunraven Arms Hotel on the night before he played a round of golf at Adare Manor.

But Sinn Fein....

Calm you ass down. I am quoting Francie because he foolishly challenged me to. The first two lines are from a poster critical of Sinn Fein. The remainder is Francie's reply to that poster. Nothing to do with FF/FG. Indeed if you take the time to check you will see that I too am calling for Hogan and Woulfe to go.

No you calm you ass down :)

The quotes are not clear. The read ink don't help.
    what is your goal here? If you have a personal beef talk to the MODS.

I don't think it matters if they go or not. We need overhaul the entitled class structure in place.

Guy should be arrested and charged at this stage.

Post my entire exchange with that poster and let's see what people think.

Explaining why something may have happened is not justifying or glorifying it.
    Analysts and historians do it all the time.

If you want my 'personal opinion' on what happened in Warrington - it was a shocking and unforgivable crime...as every single act of violence was in the conflict/war from the beginning. Including the crime of artificially creating a majority for sectarian bigots to exploit. Whose sectarian bigoted state was finally eradicated by the rights written down and achieved in the GFA.

Post my entire exchange with that poster and let's see what people think.

Explaining why something may have happened is not justifying or glorifying it.
    Analysts and historians do it all the time.

If you want my 'personal opinion' on what happened in Warrington - it was a shocking and unforgivable crime...as every single act of violence was in the conflict/war from the beginning. Including the crime of artificially creating a majority for sectarian bigots to exploit. Whose sectarian bigoted state was finally eradicated by the rights written down and achieved in the GFA.

There's a running theme here. They use a skewed analysis or false equivalency on something to deflect or try cancel out something else. When they are corrected or called out on it they try pin support on the ones calling them out. It's dishonest. However it's also humorously transparent. The refusal by some of them a respond to a direct question is quite telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

He had tested negative for corona virus while in hospital, that ended his self isolation period early apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

See this is EXACTLY what you do all the time, you say your do not support IRA violence, but then write a subsequent paragraph extolling your admiration for their actions as if you were our resident Diarmaid Ferriter.

You want to write and argue and debate 'all sides' as if you were a historian, but then you are knee-deep in day to day political shenanigans, siding with the SF side all the time, which makes all your 'I'm kinda like a historian' mute and nonsense. No one buys it.

To you, the actions in Warrington was a crime... but (there was always a but) it as really the fault of partition. This was exactly the line you took when Lyra McKee was murdered. Lyra McKee was not even buried and you started off down the path of how partition was really the fault of it all, not the murdering psychopaths who shot her, or the people who supplied the gun, or the people whispering rebel songs and other such nonsense into the ears of impressinable young people... it was the fault of partition. What a load of bollox!

There is ways an equivocation with you. ALWAYS! You simply cannot just post without some made-up on the fly equivocation to temper your banal statements about crimes against humanity carried out by Provisional IRA/SF thugs and psychopaths.

Yes, the killings in Warrington was a crime. FULL STOP. No Buts, not Ifs, no post revisoionism or other such nonsense.
    Nothing about NI, nothing about 'some unionist was mean to a nationalist' excuse.. nothing else.... no other excuses.

The killing of a 3-year-old toddler and 12-year-old boy was a crime. Any 'but' or banal equivocation is you trying to excuse the murder of children.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Scoundrel wrote: »

Holy Ghost, if he was playing covid regulations being ignored bingo, Phil has pretty much a full house now surely?

markodaly wrote: »
    See this is EXACTLY what you do all the time, you say your do not support IRA violence, but then write a subsequent paragraph extolling your admiration for their actions as if you were our resident Diarmaid Ferriter.

You want to write and argue and debate 'all sides' as if you were a historian, but then you are knee-deep in day to day political shenanigans, siding with the SF side all the time, which makes all your 'I'm kinda like a historian' mute and nonsense. No one buys it.

To you, the actions in Warrington was a crime... but (there was always a but) it as really the fault of partition. This was exactly the line you took when Lyra McKee was murdered. Lyra McKee was not even buried and you started off down the path of how partition was really the fault of it all, not the murdering psychopaths who shot her, or the people who supplied the gun, or the people whispering rebel songs and other such nonsense into the ears of impressinable young people... it was the fault of partition. What a load of bollox!

There is ways an equivocation with you. ALWAYS! You simply cannot just post without some made-up on the fly equivocation to temper your banal statements about crimes against humanity carried out by Provisional IRA/SF thugs and psychopaths.

Yes, the killings in Warrington was a crime. FULL STOP. No Buts, not Ifs, no post revisoionism or other such nonsense.
    Nothing about NI, nothing about 'some unionist was mean to a nationalist' excuse.. nothing else.... no other excuses.

The killing of a 3-year-old toddler and 12-year-old boy was a crime. Any 'but' or banal equivocation is you trying to excuse the murder of children.

What's your opinion on the golf piss up and those who attended?

Not going any further than this line.

You are lying through your teeth. I did not 'extoll my admiration' for their actions. I have said at ALL TIMES, that the violence was wrong from the start.

If I said that Carson mustering an army to fight against Home Rule was an effective strategy in achieving Unionist aims (it was BTW) would that be 'glorifying and condoning' the actions of Carson and Unionists?

You need to be a bit more adult about debates Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

What do you think he should be arrested for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Not going any further than this line.

You are lying through your teeth. I did not 'extoll my admiration' for their actions. I have said at ALL TIMES, that the violence was wrong from the start.

If I said that Carson mustering an army to fight against Home Rule was an effective strategy in achieving Unionist aims (it was BTW) would that be 'glorifying and condoning' the actions of Carson and Unionists?

You need to be a bit more adult about debates Mark.

Put it this way.

If a poster was attacking the history of Loyalist violence, you would not be coming out with any defence against them, with some equivocation to excuse their actions, as if it justified their response to IRA violence.

If a poster was attacking British Army actions like Bloody Sunday, you would not be posting things like, 'It was all wrong' or something about Atomic Bombs dropping on WWII Japan.

However, when a poster attacks the wanton violence perpetrated by the PIRA, you always leap to their defence using the methods I have described above.
    You only seem to do this when 'your side' is under scrutiny.

That is all I have to say about this for now, as this thread is not really about the Provos.

Considering the Garda and at least one Supreme Court Justice are complicit, would it matter?

Put it this way.

If a poster was attacking the history of Loyalist violence, you would not be coming out with any defence against them, with some equivocation to excuse their actions, as if it justified their response to IRA violence.

If a poster was attacking British Army actions like Bloody Sunday, you would not be posting things like, 'It was all wrong' or something about Atomic Bombs dropping on WWII Japan.

However, when a poster attacks the wanton violence perpetrated by the PIRA, you always leap to their defence using the methods I have described above.
    You only seem to do this when 'your side' is under scrutiny.

That is all I have to say about this for now, as this thread is not really about the Provos.

You ASKED A question, when you got an answer to that question you took it for glorification.

If you wish to ask me what for instance the Ulster Workers Strike achieved I would answer in the exact same way.

It is not a justification to explain what happened because something was done.

If you wish to argue the opposite case...do so. Stop with the bull**** moral judgements.

Testing my incredulity to the extreme? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Another thread when the Govt is making a farce of themselves again turns into what about Sinn Féin

Give the posters (we know who they are) you are very consistent.

Breaking Covid Rules for been at a Golf Piss Up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Any Green Party actions of any kind in the last few weeks, buying Teslas excluded?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Breaking Covid Rules for been at a Golf Piss Up.

Last time I checked you can be arrested for breaking the law.

I don't think talking on the phone while driving is arrestable on its own, he should get penalty points maybe?

• Advertisement

Last time I checked you can be arrested for breaking the law.

I don't think talking on the phone while driving is arrestable on its own, he should get penalty points maybe?

Breaking Covid Rules are punishable with a 2500 fine, upto 6 months imprisonment or a combination of both

So yes he could be arrested for it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement