Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I know, I wish the SDs had more hard working and honest TDs like Alan Farrell, Maria Bailey and Dara Murphy (where are all those fake expenses now?).

Well thats the party you said you voted for, so maybe ask yourself that or are you assuming I'm a member of FG.

I'm not btw I am not aligned to any of the big parties.

I'm guessing you do realise the SDs are going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

FG Seats 2011 = 76
    FG Seats 2016 = 50
    FG Seats 2020 = 35

Leos spell as leader summed up, thats leaving out the homeless and healthcare crisis in the country

You do know Leo took over in 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Never let facts get in the way of a good shinnerbot :D:D

It will remind people how corrupt Fine Gael were when setting up Irish Water. And how wasteful it was. The dodgy contracts. The cronyism too.

Remember this guy....he managed the Poolbeg disaster too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/former-irish-water-director-got-570-000-retirement-package-1.3217419

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/call-for-irish-water-boss-to-be-quizzed-on-poolbeg-project-30254848.html

FG or FF didnt set up Irish water. It was part of the bailout they had to set it up

You are aware of that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The only people stopping SF getting into government is SF.....

Not sure how you have missed that?

Keep it up, must hurt that Mary Lou destroyed Leo in the elections

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Yes in just 3 years he has lost FG 15 seats

Well they both got elected, and their respective parties a similar number of seats. Pretty loose definition of "destroy".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

McMurphy wrote: »

OK. Now at least I know what you are talking about. Would be very surprised if the FG crowd were involved in any favours to O'Brien of all people. In fairness to them anyone who was caught at anything before was immediately dumped from the party. If they have any wit at all and there is any cronyism etc they would be well advised to root it out themselves and get some internal housekeeping done before any investigation finds anything. Otherwise they really are same as the Haughey/Bertie Fianna Fail of old.

My impression now is that FG and FF are pretty much the same bar you have the lingering suspicion that FF will eventually do a deal with Sinn Fein maybe not this time round but soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

50-35=15

He led them to lose 15 seats, their worst result ever at a general election.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Never let facts get in the way of a good shinnerbot :D:D

Its f**king gas, I went off to work and come back....how many incorrect posts are on this thread?

People accuse me of not knowing but really they haven't a f**king clue what is going on.

Like Irish Water, that was part of the bailout it had to be created, how the f**k do people not realize this?

The big issue was during the boom, FF and Bertie(Good Man Bertie), put in that Ireland would never have to pay for water, cant remember exact details, thats why everyone went mad because the EU had pushed down to change a law in Ireland......

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

smurgen wrote: »
    On first count Sinn Féin’s John Brady got 17,297 25% of the vote in the constituency. Three FG candidates got 15,384 combined and two got eliminated. Great success!

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/wicklow/

On first count:

Brady - 17,297

Harris - 8,765
    Doyle - 4,940
    Timmins - 4,670

Which equals 18,384, according to the link you provided.

Even the link to back up your bullsh*t says you’re lying, or you can’t count, or both.

Regardless of how many votes he got, John Brady got elected to the Dail, as did Simon Harris. FG still got more votes than SF.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Have you read that the Soc Dems' half-leaderette Catherine Murphy has refused to co-operate with the tribunal into Siteserv/DOB that she was instrumental in having set up?

So €34m of taxpayers' funds is heading down the swanee while she continues to park her fat backside on the fence - and pretends to be morally superior to the other members of the Dail.

If a SF/FF/FG TD had tried that stunt, social media would have exploded.

Yes she is protecting her sources. This commission was supposed to complete in 2015 ffs. It's a complete sham. I am sure they can get to the truth without her ;)

She is right to protect her resources after years of kicking this can down the road. It was a Fine Gael TD who said in relation to Irish Water that "he felt that there were forces at work with agendas to privatise the utility company." He said he remains “deeply concerned at other agendas".

50-35=15

He led them to lose 15 seats, their worst result ever at a general election.

The poster stuck up since 2011, Leo is in from 2017....the post made no sense....no idea why you are responding either?

Truthvader wrote: »
    OK. Now at least I know what you are talking about. Would be very surprised if the FG crowd were involved in any favours to O'Brien of all people. In fairness to them anyone who was caught at anything before was immediately dumped from the party. If they have any wit at all and there is any cronyism etc they would be well advised to root it out themselves and get some internal housekeeping done before any investigation finds anything. Otherwise they really are same as the Haughey/Bertie Fianna Fail of old.

My impression now is that FG and FF are pretty much the same bar you have the lingering suspicion that FF will eventually do a deal with Sinn Fein maybe not this time round but soon.

When you have a 1:1:1 ratio of votes between the three biggest parties, consolidation is the next logical step.
    The only logical consolidation to rule out is FG+SF.

We could see FFFG or FFSF created from this as the main party in Ireland.

Its f**king gas, I went off to work and come back....how many incorrect posts are on this thread?

People accuse me of not knowing but really they haven't a f**king clue what is going on.

Like Irish Water, that was part of the bailout it had to be created, how the f**k do people not realize this?

The big issue was during the boom, FF and Bertie(Good Man Bertie), put in that Ireland would never have to pay for water, cant remember exact details, thats why everyone went mad because the EU had pushed down to change a law in Ireland......
    I think you not unlike myself have a posting style that people deem provocative.

Even when you're right, as in this case :D

I don't support FG.....

Its a pity you are living in reality....where was all these SF politicians from Feb to May?? all out now shouting on RTE again.....you tell me, why was that?

ELM327 wrote: »
    I think you not unlike myself have a posting style that people deem provocative.

Even when you're right, as in this case :D

I get to the point, some lads on here think they are writing a f**king novel :P:P

The poster stuck up since 2011, Leo is in from 2017....the post made no sense....no idea why you are responding either?

Was Leo a senior member of government since 2011? Yes he was. Keep deflecting to some pedantry to deny where he has led them.

At least Enda gained seats in 2011. Leo has nothing but failure as a party leader to show for his tenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Yep it hurts that every fourth person you meet lacked the basic decency not to vote for an organisation that carried out a campaign of death and maiming for 30 years only stopping when they were bought off . You are 100% correct

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

it might have something to do with :

FG Promises 2011 : cut the quangos
    FG Promises 2016 : abolish USC, welfare cheat clampdown
    FG Promises 2020 : Tax Cuts and more tax cuts.

FG Deliveries : free for all abortions, marriage equality, more taxes and more dole and the dole Christmas bonus back.

if FG actually just gave up on any more social 'progress' for twitter likes and delivered even 1 meaningful tax cut, they'd be voted for a hell of a lot more by those in Ireland who work.
    Idbatterim wrote: »
    Its absolute comedy ! Fg are more interested in serving those they will never receive vote, than wiring people. One of the reasons thsy lost a large amount if seats at the election

Who were people switching their votes to in 2016 and 2020 that they thought were more likely to deliver tax cuts and other 'right wing' policies?

• Advertisement

Was Leo a senior member of government since 2011? Yes he was. Keep deflecting to some pedantry to deny where he has led them.

At least Enda gained seats in 2011. Leo has nothing but failure as a party leader to show for his tenure.

Oh I agree Leo reign has been a disaster, the moment he moved the children hospital from his own area it went downhill

Still doesnt change the fact the original post was wrong.

I don't support FG.....

Its a pity you are living in reality....where was all these SF politicians from Feb to May?? all out now shouting on RTE again.....you tell me, why was that?

So far...that is all FG and FF and the Greens have been doing.

Some of us see the PfG for what it is...128 days of wishful thinking and the creation of unimplementable fantasy to woo a Green party into making the same mistake it has made before.

If they succeed in wooing the Greens it will only copperfasten the demise of one of them...grab your popcorn because it's going to be fascinating politics.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Yep it hurts that every fourth person you meet lacked the basic decency not to vote for an organisation that carried out a campaign of death and maiming for 30 years only stopping when they were bought off . You are 100% correct

Unfortunealty they are still up to it today.....with of course SF still hiding it for them

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/questions-over-paul-quinn-murder-follow-mcdonald-to-rt%C3%A9-debate-1.4162379?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fquestions-over-paul-quinn-murder-follow-mcdonald-to-rt%25C3%25A9-debate-1.4162379

Mary Lou covering up for her lies here....disgrace.....

Oh I agree Leo reign has been a disaster, the moment he moved the children hospital from his own area it went downhill

Still doesnt change the fact the original post was wrong.

It wasn't, because within it is the truth of the statement. As a senior minister and as a leader Leo's delivery for FG has been a disaster.

So far...that is all FG and FF and the Greens have been doing.

Some of us see the PfG for what it is...128 days of wishful thinking and the creation of unimplementable fantasy to woo a Green party into making the same mistake it has made before.

If they succeed in wooing the Greens it will only copperfasten the demise of one of them...grab your popcorn because it's going to be fascinating politics.

Are you DundalkFC10?

Things must be getting desperate, let's exploit a victim again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

It's not an accusation. You don't know what you're on about. Your comments about the Presidency and powers require no further elaboration. That series of posts could only come from someone talking through their hat thinking they're a clever boy, but are actually hilariously wrong.

It wasn't, because within it is the truth of the statement. As a senior minister and as a leader Leo's delivery for FG has been a disaster.

Read the post.....

FG Seats 2011 = 76
    FG Seats 2016 = 50
    FG Seats 2020 = 35

Leos spell as leader summed up, thats leaving out the homeless and healthcare crisis in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Are you DundalkFC10?

"Not a Fine Gael supporter"

Of course

• Advertisement

Read the post.....

Yes...Leo's spell as leader was in there. 2017 until the GE.

You are just being a pedant in order to deflect from the point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement