Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

What happened in Roscommon?

Tinder, purely speculating but saw this punter/whale with a fetish for a fat baldy sweaty aul fella who talked sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Politicians or private individuals?

Let's see a video so we can judge? You've no issue with that right? Especially seems as Simon Harris, Neale Richmond and other Fine Gael politicians share videos of private individuals partying in Berlin Bar a few days back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Now they are only going to sit for a half day next week.

Avoid as much time to asw Qs as possible

The days are numbered

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    Let's see a video so we can judge? You've no issue with that right? Especially seems as Simon Harris, Neale Richmond and other Fine Gael politicians share videos of private individuals partying in Berlin Bar a few days back.

When and where did I say I had no problem with the privacy of individuals being violated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I am mystified by your defence of Sinn Fein as a SD voter. Could you not just join normal people in condemning all of the politicians who broke the guidelines, including Mary-Lou, Hogan and Calleary? Is that too much to ask of a neutral? As a Green, I haven’t defended any of them.

What defence? Ive constantly stated they should have socially distanced.
    I'm both an SD and SF and whomever else tickles my fancy voter.
    Thanks for clearing that up I too view the Storey/Horkan funerals as the same ill conceived events as far as Covid is concerned. Politics does not come into health issues. I do not think any of them should resign.
    I don't care if Hogan resigns. It won't change the elitest element in our society one jot.

You've not spoke on them either, outside of constant condemnation of the shinner funeral.
    Whats your view on the golf piss up and those who attended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What happened in Roscommon?

What happens in Roscommon
    Stays in Roscommon

Bowie wrote: »
    Whats your view on the golf piss up and those who attended?

I welcomed th resignations of Calleary, Cassidy eat al, I welcomed the expulsion from the parliamentary party of the senators, I just wish others would be as honourable, but that is too much to expect from Sinn Fein, isn’t it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I welcomed th resignations of Calleary, Cassidy eat al, I welcomed the expulsion from the parliamentary party of the senators, I just wish others would be as honourable, but that is too much to expect from Sinn Fein, isn’t it?

I wouldnt know. I dont believe they were there.
    My gripe is the fact all these levels of state were out partying and so cosy. The covid issues are a big part of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    I wouldnt know. I dont believe they were there.
    My gripe is the fact all these levels of state were out partying and so cosy. The covid issues are a big part of course.

Good auld hunger strike could sort it all out.

Let’s bring back the black flags and the misery.

Dirty protest could be a good move too.

Good auld hunger strike could sort it all out.

Let’s bring back the black flags and the misery.

Dirty protest could be a good move too.

Nice look mocking those that took extreme action due to desperation.

• Advertisement

When and where did I say I had no problem with the privacy of individuals being violated?

So you think Simon Harris was wrong to post this?

https://twitter.com/SimonHarrisTD/status/1294929138625716224?s=08

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

smurgen wrote: »
    Nice look mocking those that took extreme action due to desperation.

It’s about as relevant as the post it is a reply to, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Neither am I, in fact I am delighted that Hogan came clean on his exact move,ents, now is the time for the funeral goers to do the same.

Strange that - because I've asked you on no less than half a dozen times about funerals and you keep avoiding the question.

Let's try again shall we.

Do you believe some politician's from Sinn Fein should retire or face the sack because they were seen to be flouting social distancing guidelines at times during Bobby Storey's funeral, and if so do you also then think that some members of AGS and FG politicians such as Charlie Flanagan and Michael Ring should be sacked or forced to resign for doing the exact same thing, and if not why not?

Mighty odd you won't nail your colours to the mast on that one, this will be the beginning of yet another day where you'll ignore the question.

Have to say I don’t get it. You have previously claimed to be a neutral, but unlike posters like me, you are defending some politicians that broke the Covid guidelines. For example, do you follow the example of McMurphy and say that the lowly councillor from Monaghan who went to Lanzarote did nothing wrong, or do you believe, like me, she should have the party whip removed?

Where did I say that, that's a blatant lie.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Where did I say that, that's a blatant lie.

Easy way is for you to clear this up, by saying what should happen that councillor.

Easy way is for you to clear this up, by saying what should happen that councillor.

The easy way for me to clear up you telling a blatant lie is for me now to say what should happen? Yeah right, that's not how it works on here and you dam well know it.

Prove were I said she did nothing wrong......quote me please.

Also, you may have missed this post.......

Strange that - because I've asked you on no less than half a dozen times about funerals and you keep avoiding the question.

Do you believe some politician's from Sinn Fein should retire or face the sack because they were seen to be flouting social distancing guidelines at times during Bobby Storey's funeral, and if so do you also then think that some members of AGS and FG politicians such as Charlie Flanagan and Michael Ring should be sacked or forced to resign for doing the exact same thing, and if not why not?

When you're ready please.

Mighty odd you won't nail your colours to the mast on that one, this will be the beginning of yet another day where you'll ignore the question.

As I was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Does anyone know when the Dail will restart? MM said just after the schools return but I have not seen a date.
    Those first few sessions should be a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,221 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Does anyone know when the Dail will restart? MM said just after the schools return but I have not seen a date.
    Those first few sessions should be a blast.

Think I heard this Thursday week.

Green Blanch152, you must be delighted that your leader made a statement alongside MM and Leo today? Finally some input from the Green Party. It said Phil clearly breached public health guidelines. Strangely there was no mention of Sinn Fein or any funerals. Odd really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Why won't people like Blanch answer this question? Why do they keep avoiding it? For me it is pretty simple, either they all go or they don't its that simple. The virus doesn't decide I will infect all those at a SF funeral but I won't infect those at a Garda funeral. Both funerals and those attending both funerals should have respected the social distancing regulations that were in place. Simple as that.

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    Why won't people like Blanch answer this question? Why do they keep avoiding it? For me it is pretty simple, either they all go or they don't its that simple. The virus doesn't decide I will infect all those at a SF funeral but I won't infect those at a Garda funeral. Both funerals and those attending both funerals should have respected the social distancing regulations that were in place. Simple as that.

Because in their topsy turvy green world - it is easy to accuse the people who are simply demanding everyone is treated equally as the "hypocrite".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Floppybits wrote: »

Anyone in politics leading the fight against the corona virus and agreeing on the guidelines set down and found to breach them should at least be accountable for all their actions that go against the advice they are trying to push on others.
    They all need to consider their positions if they breach them.
    That's the fairest answer I can give on that.
    Opinions will vary on those breaches and of course one will be used to counter the other depending on political preference.
    My opinion is that they all who broke guidelines are as insensitive as the other.
    But SF as a party, wholly broke and encouraged the breaking of the guidelines for a political event be it a funeral or not, it was a political demonstration of SF unity if you like, but totally wrong in the context of when it took place.
    The funeral OK, the parade through the streets to a graveyard for a political rally of eulogies for a man who was going to be taken elsewhere after for a cremation was totally unnecessary and dangerous in the context of the time it took place.
    That SF apologised but admitted no wrong on that is absurd to me.
    At least the other party's acknowledged their wrongs mostly.
    I'm dubious about Flannigan and Ring, but if they broke guidelines then they should have to account for that too.
    But again that was individual breach if it was a breach.
    It certainly wasn't used as a political Rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Green Blanch152, you must be delighted that your leader made a statement alongside MM and Leo today? Finally some input from the Green Party. It said Phil clearly breached public health guidelines. Strangely there was no mention of Sinn Fein or any funerals. Odd really.

I think the penny has finally dropped for them and they know how utterly ridiculous they are coming across trying to deflect from their own s*it show by pointing the finger of blame at Sinn Fein everytime they themselves f*ck up.

Too late though, this latest debacle will hurt them dearly at the next election which might not be too far away.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,221 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Anyone in politics leading the fight against the corona virus and agreeing on the guidelines set down and found to breach them should at least be accountable for all their actions that go against the advice they are trying to push on others.
    They all need to consider their positions if they breach them.
    That's the fairest answer I can give on that.
    Opinions will vary on those breaches and of course one will be used to counter the other depending on political preference.
    My opinion is that they all who broke guidelines are as insensitive as the other.
    But SF as a party, wholly broke and encouraged the breaking of the guidelines for a political event be it a funeral or not, it was a political demonstration of SF unity if you like, but totally wrong in the context of when it took place.
    The funeral OK, the parade through the streets to a graveyard for a political rally of eulogies for a man who was going to be taken elsewhere after for a cremation was totally unnecessary and dangerous in the context of the time it took place.
    That SF apologised but admitted no wrong on that is absurd to me.
    At least the other party's acknowledged their wrongs mostly.
    I'm dubious about Flannigan and Ring, but if they broke guidelines then they should have to account for that too.
    But again that was individual breach if it was a breach.

Way beyond Covid issues now. This is a FG member and political appointment and a FG appointed judge in open defiance of their government.

Hogan is most definitely saying that he is more powerful and important than the state.

I think the penny has finally dropped for them and they know how utterly ridiculous they are coming across trying to deflect from their own s*it show by pointing the finger of blame at Sinn Fein everytime they themselves f*ck up.

Too late though, this latest debacle will hurt them dearly at the next election which might not be too far away.

Yeah it's actually pathetic. We cannot improve the Irish political system if every time FFG do something wrong, their loyal supporters wont admit it and instead point to other SF wrongs. It's a pointless circle jerk of 1 wrong by SF makes wrongs by FFG right or allowed. The blinkers being shown on this thread towards the Clifden Elite is staggering. Tip the cap.

I know I know, I can only be a Shinnerbot. It's the only logical conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Way beyond Covid issues now. This is a FG member and political appointment and a FG appointed judge in open defiance of their government.

Hogan is most definitely saying that he is more powerful and important than the state.

That's your take on it, fair enough.
    They have all paid a price for it, even Hogan whether he survives or not his credibility is shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭eggy81

As opposed to a funeral for criminal thugs and psychopaths?

ultimately they are 1 and the same come eviction time.

Here he is also saying that the guards should ignore instances the law being broke depending if you are from a certain position of power from the "ruling elite" it's all going Pete Tong, up there with Maria Bailey interview tomfoolery.

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1298537457621913600?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭eggy81

Unbelievable really. I suppose when you have made it to the level of European commissioner you are immune to the power of distraction that the mobile phone apparently has on the norms of society while driving and pose no risk to yourself or anyone else using the roads. Probably didn't have a vehicle with Bluetooth in it anyway.

What a sack of sh1t

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement