Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

blanch152 wrote: »
    As opposed to a funeral for criminal thugs and psychopaths?

Did I wander into the SF omerta thread or the have SF disappeared thread again?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Floppybits wrote: »
    Why won't people like Blanch answer this question? Why do they keep avoiding it? For me it is pretty simple, either they all go or they don't its that simple. The virus doesn't decide I will infect all those at a SF funeral but I won't infect those at a Garda funeral. Both funerals and those attending both funerals should have respected the social distancing regulations that were in place. Simple as that.

For a start, as has been pointed out, the Storey funeral was a fake funeral, he wasn't buried, it was a political rally dressed up as a fake funeral. Secondly, as has been confirmed by Belfast City Council, the "funeral" was in breach of the regulations and had a direct effect on other funerals due to take place that day. Thirdly, it was an ordinary funeral, not a State funeral.

Three reasons why it was different. In the same way, why could people work in nursing homes, essential retail, meat factories and hospitals during the lockdown, while lads in Monaghan weren't allowed build walls in their back garden with their mates? Them's the rules, the regulations, the guidelines, that's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

blanch152 wrote: »
    For a start, as has been pointed out, the Storey funeral was a fake funeral, he wasn't buried, it was a political rally dressed up as a fake funeral. Secondly, as has been confirmed by Belfast City Council, the "funeral" was in breach of the regulations and had a direct effect on other funerals due to take place that day. Thirdly, it was an ordinary funeral, not a State funeral.

Three reasons why it was different. In the same way, why could people work in nursing homes, essential retail, meat factories and hospitals during the lockdown, while lads in Monaghan weren't allowed build walls in their back garden with their mates? Them's the rules, the regulations, the guidelines, that's why.

You really are fuming over this Clifden Elite party. You cant even mention it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blanch, when anyone mentions the similarities with FG ministers and members of AGS flouting social distancing guidelines at a funeral, and the shinners flouting the same guideline's at a funeral.

Funny-elephant-room-photo.jpg

Big elephant in the room for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Those threads are deserted while instructions are awaited from Parnell Square as to how to respond to the Martina Anderson bigotry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just blanch deflecting all over the place. He's been doing almost as much travelling across the SF threads as big Phil did across the country.
    Credit where it's due however, great work from a GP member. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just blanch deflecting all over the place. He's been doing almost as much travelling across the SF threads as big Phil did across the country.
    Credit where it's due however, great work from a GP member. ��

Think Big Phil is a goner by the sounds of commentators on the wireless this morning, with some (Allison O'Connor) saying Woulfe should be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Tbh, anything Paddy Cosgrave says tends to make me take the contrarian view. Interesting attitude about elites from a man who looks down his nose at non-TCD graduates.

Justice for big Phil!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Tbh, anything Paddy Cosgrave says tends to make me take the contrarian view. Interesting attitude about elites from a man who looks down his nose at non-TCD graduates.

Justice for big Phil!

Paddy can hardly talk after what he was looking for for his tech conferences.

Sorry Blanch I can't agree with you, to me breaking the social distancing or other regulations is breaking them regardless of the event. Yes there certain emergency situations that they can ve broken but not a funeral regardless of whether its a show funeral or any other funeral.

All this smacks of is schoolyard antics of but they did it first. Time for all the politicians and supporters of all a parties to grow up and behave like adults and stop this crap of seeing who can climb higher on their high horse.

By right when this pandemic broke out in the country there should have a national government formed with the best of all parties in it working for the good of the Country and not this sh1tshow we have been seeing the last 4 months or so. But again this came down to ego's again. It is disgraceful and the carry on their supporters on all sides is a disgrace and one of the reasons why the country will never move forward.

• Advertisement

By right when this pandemic broke out in the country there should have a national government formed with the best of all parties in it working for the good of the Country and not this sh1tshow we have been seeing the last 4 months or so. But again this came down to ego's again. It is disgraceful and the carry on their supporters on all sides is a disgrace and one of the reasons why the country will never move forward.

It's actually only 2 months since this government was formed. June 27th. Hard to believe because so much has happened :D

It's actually only 2 months since this government was formed. June 27th. Hard to believe because so much has happened :D

I was going back to the start in March. This government should never have been formed. If we had real leaders in this country they would have come together formed a national government to deal with this on a united front but no instead we got this sh1tshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Govt and MM in a tailspin again. He's afraid to back up Ryan who only three hours ago said he had no confidence in Hogan.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Govt and MM in a tailspin again. He's afraid to back up Ryan who only three hours ago said he had no confidence in Hogan.

Are Martin, Varadkar and Ryan talking to each other because it certainly doesn't look like it? Or are the communicating through their vast amounts of special advisors that the message is getting lost along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,221 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Are Martin, Varadkar and Ryan talking to each other because it certainly doesn't look like it? Or are the communicating through their vast amounts of special advisors that the message is getting lost along the way.

Who is this Varadkar person you refer to? I have a vague memory of him. :)

To be serious, I think Leo has gone to ground here to try and avoid contagion for FG...they have a rogue member defying the state and a FG judge under investigation.

Not a good look at all.

Who is this Varadkar person you refer to? I have a vague memory of him. :)

To be serious, I think Leo has gone to ground here to try and avoid contagion for FG...they have a rogue member defying the state and a FG judge under investigation.

Not a good look at all.

Varadkar is like that guy in school that talks another person into taking on the school bully and tells him he will back him up and then gets a sly dig and runs off and hides leaving the other lad to take on the bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Varadkar is like that guy in school that talks another person into taking on the school bully and tells him he will back him up and then gets a sly dig and runs off and hides leaving the other lad to take on the bully.

You seem to have a lot of ‘knowledge’ in that realm,cock.

You seem to have a lot of ‘knowledge’ in that realm,cock.

Is that an attack on me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

It's gone from 20/1 to 3/1 on Paddy Power for there to be an election this year

• Registered Users Posts: 19,570 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Is that an attack on me?

Attack......nah....don’t do attacks me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Martin really turned this around. We had whispers of Varadkar giving out over Calleary regarding the future of the super friends, now Hogan has really flipped that on it's head. If I were LV I'd be really pissed at Hogan too.
    Did not see MM getting out from under in such a fashion and so soon.
    This government is choc full of wonderment.

Bowie wrote: »
    Martin really turned this around. We had whispers of Varadkar giving out over Calleary regarding the future of the super friends, now Hogan has really flipped that on it's head. If I were LV I'd be really pissed at Hogan too.
    Did not see MM getting out from under in such a fashion and so soon.
    This government is choc full of wonderment.

Regina sent out to have digs at FF on the national broadcaster a distant memory of the lush grass on the high moral ground now...all the trangressors left are FG one's now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Scoundrel wrote: »

Nah ,if anything MM will be making gooey eyes at Mary Lou, Greens don't care as long as salaries and perks are rolling in, Varadker could find himself in same position as Reynolds did in the 90s

Regina sent out to have digs at FF on the national broadcaster a distant memory of the lush grass on the high moral ground now...all the trangressors left are FG one's now.

After bringing FF back from the brink in the back scratch agreement of the last government, FF are looking like the senior hurlers.

Looks like FG will suffer the faith of all Fianna Fail junior partners. Bummer dudes.

Scoundrel wrote: »

I don't think so. FFG really need to distance themselves from the Clifden Elite affair. They will suffer the fallout of that for a long time. I cant remember an incident that was more damaging to a government. The context of Covid restrictions for everyone else really amplifies that damage. It reinforces beliefs that have been in place for years around the elite in this country (politicians, judiciary, media & dodgy businessmen)

Civil War politics is finally over. Now the marriage of FF & FG is facing a messy divorce. One of those parties will become a complete irrelevance I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

I don't think so. FFG really need to distance themselves from the Clifden Elite affair. They will suffer the fallout of that for a long time. I cant remember an incident that was more damaging to a government. The context of Covid restrictions for everyone else really amplifies that damage. It reinforces beliefs that have been in place for years around the elite in this country (politicians, judiciary, media & dodgy businessmen)

Civil War politics is finally over. Now the marriage of FF & FG is facing a messy divorce. One of those parties will become a complete irrelevance I feel.

Almost certainly FF will be the irrelevance looking at current polling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

After bringing FF back from the brink in the back scratch agreement of the last government, FF are looking like the senior hurlers.

Looks like FG will suffer the faith of all Fianna Fail junior partners. Bummer dudes.

I wonder. Hogan isn't part of this Government in the way FF's transgressors were. Neither is Brian Hayes. I think that distances FG from the damage in the eyes of the typical voter.

In addition I think FG has a more defined "centre-right" brand, and a more secure base as a result. FF base is a broader church, its voters can go towards other parties on either side of it, SF, FG or niche. Whatever about outrage at times like this, at election I think the FG vote is less likely to go towards SF, or even FF in significant numbers.

FF/FG have had decades under the luxury of people not expecting ethics from them and expecting cute hoorism and cronyism. The public are finally tiring of it it seems. Best of a bad lot only works when you're the best of a bad lot.
    FF/FG officially signing up together might be the best thing to happen to the country. As long as they remain tied the country has a chance of different and new parties coming up.
    The FF/FG government are like a running episode of 'Yes Minister', if Pat Shortt was a guest writer.

Seriously, if they cannot find a way to stop Hogan driving a coach and four through the FGers credibility here, they are in trouble.
    If Von Der Leyen doesn't sack him, what then...we all hum and pretend it hasn't happened?

Crisis for the state's authority approaching...and if the Judiciary doesn't play ball the Woulfe will literally be at the door.

• Advertisement

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    I wonder. Hogan isn't part of this Government in the way FF's transgressors were. Neither is Brian Hayes. I think that distances FG from the damage in the eyes of the typical voter.

In addition I think FG has a more defined "centre-right" brand, and a more secure base as a result. FF base is a broader church, its voters can go towards other parties on either side of it, SF, FG or niche. Whatever about outrage at times like this, at election I think the FG vote is less likely to go towards SF, or even FF in significant numbers.

Phil 'down to a trickle' Hogan was not forgotten. The best thing LV/FG can do is keep the head down and wait for the next FF boo boo, because their will be one.
    We must consider many people wanted FG gone, even some of those who previously voted for them, yet they are still there. I don't think FF being FF is going to distract from that. Also it's obvious more people wanted FF in power than FG.

I think the 'fiscal responsibility' and 'law and order party' monikers are dead and buried and a bit of an embarrassment TBH. If FG need depend on their base alone I'd expect their next outing to be worse than the last.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement