Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bowie wrote: »
    FF/FG have had decades under the luxury of people not expecting ethics from them and expecting cute hoorism and cronyism. The public are finally tiring of it it seems. Best of a bad lot only works when you're the best of a bad lot.
    FF/FG officially signing up together might be the best thing to happen to the country. As long as they remain tied the country has a chance of different and new parties coming up.
    The FF/FG government are like a running episode of 'Yes Minister', if Pat Shortt was a guest writer.

Thats very true, we have had decades of cronyism, cute hoorism, corruption, golden circles, incompetence and just plain bad governance. FFG are all of these things and the public at large are getting sick of it. Their supporters on here constantly defend low standards in public governance and mediocrity seems to be the bar that they have set.

The tide is fast going out on that position that 'theres nothing to see here' when there is always plenty to see except for those who are willfully blind and who follow political parties like football teams. I always feel pity for those types, its like they lack the ability to engage their brain in critical thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Looks like FG will suffer the faith of all Fianna Fail junior partners. Bummer dudes.

Think you're letting you're imagination get the better of you. At the moment,FF would need to overturn a 20ish % defcit in the polls for that to happen. Possible but not likely.

People are rightly p1ssed off at the fcukers in Clifden, but that doesn't mean others (with very questionable records) will automatically take their place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

christy c wrote: »
    Think you're letting you're imagination get the better of you. At the moment,FF would need to overturn a 20ish % defcit in the polls for that to happen. Possible but not likely.

People are rightly p1ssed off at the fcukers in Clifden, but that doesn't mean others (with very questionable records) will automatically take their place.

Fianna Fail much?

Fianna Fail much?

Not sure what you mean. Fianna Fail have a huge deficit to FG in the polls, bad and all as this event was I cannot see it closing the gap.

Not sure what you mean. Fianna Fail have a huge deficit to FG in the polls, bad and all as this event was I cannot see it closing the gap.

What you think might not happen has happened. FF have essentially replaced FG. FF have a questionable record. FF had us 'practically eating out of bins' FG said. Kenny got in on telling us how bad FF were and how we needed to change the way we do business, yet here we are with FF propped up by FG and going by the record of this young government, absolutely nothing has changed in the way we do business.
    Raise the SF bogeyman by all means, for what it's worth. I'd prefer if FF/FG cut the crony entitled bull****.
    FG have failed their base, that element who believe FG are different from FF.

• Advertisement

What you think might not happen has happened. FF have essentially replaced FG. FF have a questionable record. FF had us 'practically eating out of bins' FG said. Kenny got in on telling us how bad FF were and how we needed to change the way we do business, yet here we are with FF propped up by FG and going by the record of this young government, absolutely nothing has changed in the way we do business.
    Raise the SF bogeyman by all means, for what it's worth. I'd prefer if FF/FG cut the crony entitled bull****.

Ff have not replaced FG, FG were only one or 2 seats behind FF and unlikely to be going anywhere in the short term IMO. I dont know where you are getting that from?

Some valid points about Enda not delivering what he promised. There are very valid concerns about SF, arrogantly dismissing them as being a bogeyman is just silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Where did Cc mention specifically SF?? He said other's with questionable records granted and SF so have a bit of an inky record tbh.

He said that FF's fall in public opinion as evidenced by their poll ratings is too steep a drop for them. I agree.
    It has nothing to do with SF so why bring them up?
    FF's ratings are in the toilet. FG's aren't. Now, FG might take a hit after this but so will FF - what will absolutely not happen is FF overtaking FG in the polls.

Ff have not replaced FG, FG were only one or 2 seats behind FF and unlikely to be going anywhere in the short term IMO. I dont know where you are getting that from?

Some valid points about Enda not delivering what he promised. There are very valid concerns about SF, arrogantly dismissing them as being a bogeyman is just silly.

+_6c4c3c0c311b8a36c07daa87006ebeba.jpg

Who's Taoiseach?

FF were the worst of the worst until FG needed them. Now FG are propping up their leader to lead Ireland.

You raised others with a bad record. What did you mean by, "others (with very questionable records) will automatically take their place." if not raising the shinner bogeyman?
    What short memories people have, especially Fine Gael.

+_6c4c3c0c311b8a36c07daa87006ebeba.jpg

Who's Taoiseach?

FF were the worst of the worst until FG needed them. Now FG are propping up their leader to lead Ireland.

You raised others with a bad record. What did you mean by, "others (with very questionable records) will automatically take their place." if not raising the shinner bogeyman?
    What short memories people have, especially Fine Gael.

I'm well aware who's Taoiseach. What has FG in partnership with FF got to do with FF replacing FG?

Others with a bad record are all those nutters who advocate(d) nonsensical policies which I have outlined many times (SF, PBP, Aontu, etc.). Dismissing very valid criticism as a bogeyman is silly.

I'm well aware who's Taoiseach. What has FG in partnership with FF got to do with FF replacing FG?

Others with a bad record are all those nutters who advocate(d) nonsensical policies which I have outlined many times (SF, PBP, Aontu, etc.). Dismissing very valid criticism as a bogeyman is silly.

My point is FF are were they are thanks in no small part to FG. Currently thanks to Hogan MM has cover for his own mob's indiscretions.
    Currently FG are more in the dog house than FF. That's some feat.

Agreed. It's a card FF/FG played hard in the election. It's tired. The people are looking like wanting something new. It may not mean no FF or FG in the next government but it's hopefully looking like moving that way. The current FF/FG/Green initiative is a joke stumbling from embarrassment to embarrassment. The golf piss up reminded those who needed reminding how cosy the self entitled class are. Hogan put a big petulant mug on it.

• Advertisement

My point is FF are were they are thanks in no small part to FG. Currently thanks to Hogan MM has cover for his own mob's indiscretions.
    Currently FG are more in the dog house than FF. That's some feat.

Agreed. It's a card FF/FG played hard in the election. It's tired. The people are looking like wanting something new. It may not mean no FF or FG in the next government but it's hopefully looking like moving that way. The current FF/FG/Green initiative is a joke stumbling from embarrassment to embarrassment. The golf piss up reminded those who needed reminding how cosy the self entitled class are. Hogan put a big petulant mug on it.

FF are where the are because the electorate made them one of the biggest parties after the election, you may not like that but FF or indeed any party would be nowhere without the electorate.

Criticism of nonsensical policies from members of the opposition is still valid, even if you dont like hearing it. You're preaching to the converted on Clifden, I have already given my opinion. Who knows what the next election will bring? Let's hope its an improvement from the current Laurel & Hardy act and some of the more brain dead/destructive policies of the opposition get watered down if they do end up in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

FF are where the are because the electorate made them one of the biggest parties after the election, you may not like that but FF or indeed any party would be nowhere without the electorate.

Criticism of nonsensical policies from members of the opposition is still valid, even if you dont like hearing it. You're preaching to the converted on Clifden, I have already given my opinion. Who knows what the next election will bring? Let's hope its an improvement from the current Laurel & Hardy act and some of the more brain dead/destructive policies of the opposition get watered down if they do end up in power.

Well said,Mr C.

You see it’s these tools who if they ever get to power(not a chance) expect those who get up early to bung them.

Fine roaring and shouting on the sidelines, gaming the ‘disshabilithy’ an all the benefits that accrues but suddenly they have to stand on their own two feet.

Uhmmmmm....different story atter that, cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,220 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well said,Mr C.

You see it’s these tools who if they ever get to power(not a chance) expect those who get up early to bung them.

Fine roaring and shouting on the sidelines, gaming the ‘disshabilithy’ an all the benefits that accrues but suddenly they have to stand on their own two feet.

Uhmmmmm....different story atter that, cock.

Well...I'm exhausted watching the 'senior hurling' this last 5 or 6 weeks Brendi. How are you faring up?

Well...I'm exhausted watching the 'senior hurling' this last 5 or 6 weeks Brendi. How are you faring up?

Doing good Francie, wee bit concerned about the pension issue.

Could the green diesel boys get the Queens coin.?

Dissabillithy dude.....broad brush... broad brush.

Thank you for awusking.

Philo has fallen on his sword and other euphemisms

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Defintely looking that way, both the Indo and Irish Times reporting he is set to resign later tonight, it was either that or be fired.

Quite an achievement for this coalition after 5 weeks.

https://twitter.com/ElaineByrne/status/1297969769988141057

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Posting in this thread for posterity.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Defintely looking that way, both the Indo and Irish Times reporting he is set to resign later tonight, it was either that or be fired.

Uhmmmm ..... and tools like Gino still raking in the moolah

Hard to take...I say....hard to take.

Fcuking media got him.... RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

So, fellow angry mob members, who's the next target for our pitchforks?

• Advertisement

Some other guy who does a good job .........

FG raised their profile and took them back from obscurity with the agreement of the last government meaning FF had power and the media paid attention when they spoke or are we calling MM the greatest political leader in modern times, judging by were FF were in 2011 to where they are now? More to do with FG and a FF/FG willingness to do anything to keep the shinners out, IMO.

I think continuing for close to a decade, with polices that have seen us break records in numerous areas of societal crises is 'brain dead' and certainly 'destructive'. As these worsen 'dem others would be worse' becomes less credible.

Take that up with the 'mob' leaders..Eamo, Leo and Michael?

I'd say the Judge myself.

FG raised their profile and took them back from obscurity with the agreement of the last government meaning FF had power and the media paid attention when they spoke or are we calling MM the greatest political leader in modern times, judging by were FF were in 2011 to where they are now? More to do with FG and a FF/FG willingness to do anything to keep the shinners out, IMO.

I think continuing for close to a decade, with polices that have seen us break records in numerous areas of societal crises is brain dead and certainly destructive. As these worsen 'dem others would be worse' becomes less credible.

Great news

The tossers and wasters have done a good lad down.

Gino Kenny as a replacement....

I'd rather we 'changed the way we do business' than had a slew of resignations for optics.
    If he goes Hogan will find himself on some board shortly with a sweet deal appointment *wink* and he's okay for a pension or two.

I think continuing for close to a decade, with polices that have seen us break records in numerous areas of societal crises is brain dead and certainly destructive. As these worsen 'dem others would be worse' becomes less credible.

Again the electorate gave the results in the 2016 election. FF were historically the largest party in the country, there was absolutely no need for anyone to "raise their profile".

What's with the dumb spelling of "them others would be worse"? Anyway, regardless of what you think of FG's policies, doesn't make the numerous examples i have given in the past of stupidity from the opposition less stupid. Shouting "FAIRNESS" Is not a substitute for good policy.

I'd rather we 'changed the way we do business' than had a slew of resignations for optics.
    If he goes Hogan will find himself on some board shortly and he's okay for a pension or two.

Business is changed to a degree Bowie...never again can the 'Golden Circle' claim be waved away by those benefitting from it.

This was always about more than breaking covid rules, it was about breaking down a wall that blocked out what was going on in our name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Take that up with the 'mob' leaders..Eamo, Leo and Michael?

I'd say the Judge myself.

Hayes, you'd nearly expect slime trail behind him

Again the electorate gave the results in the 2016 election. FF were historically the largest party in the country, there was absolutely no need for anyone to "raise their profile".

What's with the dumb spelling of "them others would be worse"? Anyway, regardless of what you think of FG's policies, doesn't make the numerous examples i have given in the past of stupidity from the opposition less stupid. Shouting "FAIRNESS" Is not a substitute for good policy.

Well we disagree there. FF were going to come back, FG threw them a rope to hasten it.

It's in reference to 'dem that don't work' or 'gubbermint'. I used 'dem' to make light of the notion. Can't speak on how others use it.

Fair enough. Record breaking crises steer me elsewhere.
    I use to be a Labour party member that would give SF, FG and various a nod depending on the weather. Times change politically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Business is changed to a degree Bowie...never again can the 'Golden Circle' claim be waved away by those benefitting from it.

This was always about more than breaking covid rules, it was about breaking down a wall that blocked out what was going on in our name.

And if Mary Lou can keep the clowns in her own party, north and south, from engaging their mouths before their brains she might be able to capitalise on the weakness of this govt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement