Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Gino Kenny believed to be interested.

Typical low-quality sneer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yurt! wrote: »
    Typical low-quality sneer.

Of course you would have no form in that area, dude

The bullhorn brigade have nothing to offer in any respect buddy, that’s the point that’s being made.

Occupying ever picket line is their main pastime.

The ‘cause’ of course has no relevance or justification, just appear on the tabloids with miserable looking dials on them.

Time to tell the truth, a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Of course you would have no form in that area, dude

The bullhorn brigade have nothing to offer in any respect buddy, that’s the point that’s being made.

Occupying ever picket line is their main pastime.

The ‘cause’ of course has no relevance or justification, just appear on the tabloids with miserable looking dials on them.

Time to tell the truth, a chara.

Buddy dude pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    List one.

So it happens, like I said.

You say it happens, but you can never back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Gino Kenny believed to be interested.

I would have thought Martin Ferris a better choice. No by-election to be fought and he has some experience of trade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

blanch152 wrote: »
    I would have thought Martin Ferris a better choice. No by-election to be fought and he has some experience of trade.

God you are boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

God you are boring.

They've lost their bully boy, they still owe another head to Micky effin Martin ,they are licking their wounds and lashing out at all and sundry
    , word is some of the working girls present at the do have tested positive for the virus so a another sh1tstorm forming,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks, having vulture funds present at a golf event with the Oireachtas seal on it is most definitively not a good look. That's not even to mention the pandemic on top of it.

I have been reading this quit a lot, can you name these vulture fund representatives or is it just another meaningless jibe.
    Brian Hayes says he attended with three friends from school days and none are connected to vulture funds.
    If its not hot air, name them?
    https://www.thejournal.ie/bank-lobbyist-golfgate-5185489-Aug2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I don't give a hoot what anyone thinks, having vulture funds present at a golf event with the Oireachtas seal on it is most definitively not a good look. That's not even to mention the pandemic on top of it.

Yes, it's an absolute disgrace that they should be present at an event like that regardless of there being a pandemic or not.

I'm assuming the three people with Brian Hayes were never members of the Oireachtas so why were they there?

I'd also be interested to hear where they traveled from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

smurgen wrote: »
    Frances Fitzgerald in the running for Phil Hogan's job.What am embarrassing. She's a liar. Even lies about small things.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/fitzgerald-tall-tail-lost-dog-855907

Do we need old Ma Fitz with her finger on the button?

• Advertisement

A lot of bile washing around the platform today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Outrage is addictive, B.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah agreed, theres a lot of anger out there from FGers licking their wounds after the absolute omnishambles created by their own party. It was a masterclass in shooting themselves in the foot.

FGers have a right to expect that their politicians would be playing senior hurling but its been anything but. We're only seven weeks in here and hurtling fast towards a hard Brexit with the government looking punch drunk already. They really need to pull their socks up and start playing this senior hurling that we were all promised.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah agreed, theres a lot of anger out there from FGers licking their wounds after the absolute omnishambles created by their own party. It was a masterclass in shooting themselves in the foot.

FGers have a right to expect that their politicians would be playing senior hurling but its been anything but. We're only seven weeks in here and hurtling fast towards a hard Brexit with the government looking punch drunk already. They really need to pull their socks up and start playing this senior hurling that we were all promised.

At least they didn’t shoot themselves in the knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Big Phil says thanks lads.
    He can self isolate, maybe, he can drive around, have dinners out, play golf everyday, and all on you and me. :D

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/revealed-former-commissioner-phil-hogan-can-expect-golden-handshake-of-up-to-300000-39484926.html

Do you feel up till now he was cracking open his personal piggy bank?
    Not sure why you find it amusing.

It was supposedly a club of sorts with invited guests. The fact that they invited people from vulture fund Promontoria, a subsidiary of Cerberus no less, really speaks to their behind the scenes antics. Was Michael Noonan there? Cronyism at it's worst, business as usual for these public representatives.

Either vulture funds are personal friends of some public representatives or they were invited for business purposes likely not in the public interest but likely funded by. 'Pigs in the trough' couldn't be more apt.

You say it happens, but you can never back it up.

Excuse me, you made this personal claim/attack:
    Not unheard of, in fact it is a common them to nearly all of his posts, for Bowie to hurl unsubstantiated allegations like confetti at Ministers and other office-holders. Here are the guidelines for Ministers, if you are aware of any breaches of them, please let SIPO know.

Either back it up with an example or apologise.

You agreed former ministers get private board appointments after politics. That's the only claim I made and the above was your response. Unfounded personal attack followed by agreement on what I actually said in that Hogan would likely get some Board position.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,219 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Do you feel up till now he was cracking open his personal piggy bank?
    Not sure why you find it amusing.

There's a lot of that (I would say specific to FG) gloating going on across social media.

'Loadsa money Hughie' springs to mind.

It was supposedly a club of sorts with invited guests. The fact that they invited people from vulture fund Promontoria, a subsidiary of Cerberus no less, really speaks to their behind the scenes antics. Was Michael Noonan there? Cronyism at it's worst, business as usual for these public representatives.

Either vulture funds are personal friends of some public representatives or they were invited for business purposes likely not in the public interest but likely funded by. 'Pigs in the trough' couldn't be more apt.

Did these people accept the invitation?

All 23 handicappers probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Either back it up with an example or apologise.

In fairness, Blanch is right on this one.

You are forever mentioning SIPO, Dinny, Vulture funds, quangos and so on.
    It's like that if you mention them often enough, Trump-style, you can make it a reality.

Kinda like the famous line by Doherty from Wizard of Oz.

So, unless you actually have some proof that will stand up in a court of law and not some Gemma Doherty type internet account of something, then I suggest you stop making it easy for the rest of us to not take you seriously.

• Advertisement

It makes no difference who was there. The event should have been cancelled. It was a kick in the teeth for people who lost loved ones and couldn’t be with them in their final hours or even attend their funeral. It also poured scorn on the many couples who had to postpone or drastically reduce numbers at their weddings. Not to mention bars forced to stay closed, many never to reopen. Sporting events taking place without spectators.

markodaly wrote: »

It's like that if you mention them often enough, Trump-style, you can make it a reality.

So, unless you actually have some proof that will stand up in a court of law and not some Gemma Doherty type internet account of something, then I suggest you stop making it easy for the rest of us to not take you seriously.
    Correct Mark

Completely boring with the same auld mantra, hints, innuendos, doesn’t fool the folks here.

Horse it up baas, or get of the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Dear oh dear, what an omnishambles this lot are turning out to be.

That's not what he said. He claimed I made allegations but is either refusing or unable to back that claim up.
    Yes, I mention many of those things in context.
    You are being personal with this post.
    Either report any comments to a MOD or show an example to support your claim that 'Blanch is right on this one'.

It makes no difference who was there. The event should have been cancelled. It was a kick in the teeth for people who lost loved ones and couldn’t be with them in their final hours or even attend their funeral. It also poured scorn on the many couples who had to postpone or drastically reduce numbers at their weddings. Not to mention bars forced to stay closed, many never to reopen. Sporting events taking place without spectators.

It very much does. FF and FG public representatives of all levels are wining and dining, likely on the tax payers shilling, with a Supreme Court Justice and representatives of a vulture fund. That speaks of cronyism.

It very much does. FF and FG public representatives of all levels are wining and dining, likely on the tax payers shilling, with a Supreme Court Justice and representatives of a vulture fund. That speaks of cronyism.

Have you proof that it was at taxpayers expense?

Before Covid, I would have attendEd social occasions without knowing the makeup of the rest of the guests. I haven’t been able to attend anything since mid March.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Did any of this sh*tshow actually get expensed back to the taxpayer or is this just another allegation without any evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

He claimed I made allegations but is either refusing or unable to back that claim up.

Yes, he did and he is 100% correct that you do that.
    show an example to support your claim that 'Blanch is right on this one'.

You make it too easy for us.
    FF and FG public representatives of all levels are wining and dining, likely on the tax payers shilling,

No proof, not evidence, no back up, no hard facts... just some made up on the hoof, spurious, populist allegation.

I know online people have a low bar nowadays for the truth, but this stuff you go on about every day, the populist made up 'facts' and allegations that Gemma O'Doherty and her ilk are famous for don't cut the mustard. In fact it wont even get you in the front door of a court house.

• Advertisement

Yes, he did and he is 100% that you do that.

You make it too easy for us.

No proof, not evidence, no back up, no hard facts... just some made up on the hoof, spurious, populist allegation.

I know online people have a low bar nowadays for the truth, but this stuff you go on about every day, the populist made up 'facts' and allegations that Gemma O'Doherty and her ilk are famous for don't cut the mustard. In fact it wont even get you in the front door of a court house.

Good call Mark.

These lads like to sling crud all around the place and hope some sticks.

Credibility in short supply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement