Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Did any of this sh*tshow actually get expensed back to the taxpayer or is this just another allegation without any evidence?

What allegation? I made no claim. No evidence required. Don't government associated functions usually get allowances and the like?

I did find the Golf Society members charged €140 for two days of golf and a gala dinner Link

You've no issue or comment on vulture fund representatives being in attendance?

markodaly wrote: »
    Yes, he did and he is 100% correct that you do that.

You make it too easy for us.

No proof, not evidence, no back up, no hard facts... just some made up on the hoof, spurious, populist allegation.

I know online people have a low bar nowadays for the truth, but this stuff you go on about every day, the populist made up 'facts' and allegations that Gemma O'Doherty and her ilk are famous for don't cut the mustard. In fact it wont even get you in the front door of a court house.

Three things, firstly that's a quote since your claim.
    Secondly 'likely' means probably, it is not a claim.
    Thirdly, if you would rather get personal than discuss vulture funds being in attendance at the golf piss up or any other topic beside baseless personal unsubstantiated claims against me, I would suggest you consider the below:
    mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: markodaly, blanch152, mynamejeff, Bowie - whatever personal gripes you have with each other, they end here - it's fouling up every thread. Either learn to actually debate with each other, put each other on ignore, or end up threadbanned - your call from here on in. This goes for the forum as a whole, and there will be no other warnings on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    Three things, firstly that's a quote since your claim.
    Secondly 'likely' means probably, it is not a claim.
    Thirdly, if you would rather get personal than discuss vulture funds being in attendance at the golf piss up or any other topic beside baseless personal unsubstantiated claims against me, I would suggest you consider the below:

Why would you ‘quote ‘ that mod warning.

Surely let the mods do the moderating.

What allegation? I made no claim. No evidence required. Don't government associated functions usually get allowances and the like?

I did find the Golf Society members charged €140 for two days of golf and a gala dinner Link

You've no issue or comment on vulture fund representatives being in attendance?

So, your claim that the function was funded by the taxpayer was false?

You will always find politicians and business people mixing socially. There’s nothing wrong with it per se.
    What is galling is that the function took place at all.

So, your claim that the function was funded by the taxpayer was false?

You will always find politicians and business people mixing socially. There’s nothing wrong with it per se.
    What is galling is that the function took place at all.

No, your claim I made a claim is.

• Advertisement

It very much does. FF and FG public representatives of all levels are wining and dining, likely on the tax payers shilling, with a Supreme Court Justice and representatives of a vulture fund. That speaks of cronyism.
    No, your claim I made a claim is.

Remember this?

Remember this?

That's not a claim Maryanne.

Remember this?
    ...'likely' means probably, it is not a claim.

Is this of great interest to you over and above the politics of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

That's not a claim Maryanne.

Remember this?

Is this of great interest to you over and above the politics of the day?

It's a claim.
    Still waiting to see the, vulture fund reps at that dinner named, loads of claims on that, maybe you or some of the others claiming it will name them?

It's a claim.
    Still waiting to see the, vulture fund reps at that dinner named, loads of claims on that, maybe you or some of the others claiming it will name them?

It's not, this is:
    It was supposedly a club of sorts with invited guests. The fact that they invited people from vulture fund Promontoria, a subsidiary of Cerberus no less, really speaks to their behind the scenes antics. Was Michael Noonan there? Cronyism at it's worst, business as usual for these public representatives.

Either vulture funds are personal friends of some public representatives or they were invited for business purposes likely not in the public interest but likely funded by. 'Pigs in the trough' couldn't be more apt.

Guests of Brian Hayes. If this is wrong I'll withdraw.
    Might explain, [SPECULATION] why the legislation put through the Dáil 3 weeks ago which favoured Vulture Funds and tenant evictions now and after Covid. [Carlsberg defence] Probably.

It's not, this is:

Guests of Brian Hayes. If this is wrong I'll withdraw.
    Might explain, [SPECULATION] why the legislation put through the Dáil 3 weeks ago which favoured Vulture Funds and tenant evictions now and after Covid. [Carlsberg defence] Probably.

I linked to Brian Hayes guests this morning.
    School friends he said and said the guest list could be checked.
    None of them have any links to vulture funds.
    So again with the "claim" and no names or links to back it up, just speculation?

• Advertisement

So again with the "claim" and no names or links to back it up, just speculation?

I'll need a more trusted source than Mr. Hayes. I read it this morning, I think on a PBP related article, not to try hang PBP. If it's untrue I'll obviously accept it as such.
    Again, that's a claim, indeed.
    The tax payer likely paying was suggested as a probability based on FF/FG being what they are.

I'll need a more trusted source than Mr. Hayes. I read it this morning, I think on a PBP related article, not to try hang PBP. If it's untrue I'll obviously accept it as such.
    Again, that's a claim, indeed.
    The tax payer likely paying was suggested as a probability based on FF/FG being what they are.

Theres a lot of claims.
    Of course claims aren't facts, but sometimes claims are expressed as fact.
    I heard Claire Daly make, that claim from Brussels yesterday too.
    I can't say for certain there weren't vulture fund reps at it either, but I'm not claiming there weren't.
    You can't name any but you're claiming there were!

Theres a lot of claims.
    Of course claims aren't facts, but sometimes claims are expressed as fact.
    I heard Claire Daly make, that claim from Brussels yesterday too.
    I can't say for certain there weren't vulture fund reps at it either, but I'm not claiming there weren't.
    You can't name any but you're claiming there were!

TBF, you asked who they were and got a company name. Yes an unproven claim.

TBF, you asked who they were and got a company name. Yes an unproven claim.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40039022.html

Interestingly Claire Daly in her interview in Brussels that I listened to said it was her belief before the controversy with Hogan that if you had a negative covid test you're movements wouldn't be restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Most of the lads ‘claims’ are just that ‘speculation’.

Interestingly Claire Daly in her interview in Brussels that I listened to said it was her belief before the controversy with Hogan that if you had a negative covid test you're movements wouldn't be restricted.

Big Phil didn’t have the test before arriving in Ireland. He had it a day or two later when he was in hospital for a procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Big Phil didn’t have the test before arriving in Ireland. He had it a day or two later when he was in hospital for a procedure.

I think it starts to show though that the likes of Phil Hogan and the MEPs who are not living in Ireland day to day are far removed from the changing situation in the country. Its ultimately not what cost hogan his job, but I can see the potential honesty in the mistake in believing that a negative test makes it OK for you to come out of quarantine

Uriel. wrote: »
    I think it starts to show though that the likes of Phil Hogan and the MEPs who are not living in Ireland day to day are far removed from the changing situation in the country. Its ultimately not what cost hogan his job, but I can see the potential honesty in the mistake in believing that a negative test makes it OK for you to come out of quarantine

I would agree IF he’d had the test BEFORE traveling. Or if, as a frequent traveller, he was having regular tests. There’s also the question of mixing with people after being in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,219 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Uriel. wrote: »

He started lying precisely because he knew exactly what the situation was in the country and that he had ignored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

He started lying precisely because he knew exactly what the situation was in the country and that he had ignored it.

If a SF TD was found to have travelled through multiple counties during the lockdown then would you be in favour of them losing the whip?

Hypothetical question of course.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,219 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If a SF TD was found to have travelled through multiple counties during the lockdown then would you be in favour of them losing the whip?

I believe they should be sanctioned in some way, yes.

I called for my local councillor (whom I know personally and have worked with in her role outside politics) to be sanctioned on this site. She is SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What does it matter what Clare Dalys beliefs are or were? The HSE and Citizens advice both clarified that Hogan was wrong in his belief.

Phil didnt give up his gig because of breaking lockdown restrictions, he gave it up because he left his own position untenable through his lies to his boss is my understanding.

You should be over the moon John, I know you're a keen golfer, maybe you and big Philo will get in a few holes in the next few days, I hear he'll have a bit more free time on his hands to perfect his pitch and putts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

McMurphy wrote: »
    What does it matter what Clare Dalys beliefs are or were? The HSE and Citizens advice both clarified that Hogan was wrong in his belief.

Phil didnt give up his gig because of breaking lockdown restrictions, he gave it up because he left his own position untenable through his lies to his boss is my understanding.

You should be over the moon John, I know you're a keen golfer, maybe you and big Philo will get in a few holes in the next few days, I hear he'll have a bit more free time on his hands to perfect his pitch and putts.

Haven’t a clue what you are on about, dude. I play golf. So what?

Same question for you - if it was to emerge that a SF TD had travelled through multiple counties during lockdown then should they be punished? Lose the whip, resign, kneecapping?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I posted in my reply, it was tongue in cheek, but yeah - I know you play golf, so too does Phil Hogan, maybe you'll bump into him on a green or a clubhouse in the coming weeks, tis not rocket science.
    Same question for you - if it was to emerge that a SF TD had travelled through multiple counties during lockdown then should they be punished? Lose the whip, resign, kneecapping?

Too many variables to form an opinion, why were they travelling through various counties during lockdown, was it essential business etc?

And when it came to light that they had broken lockdown regulations without a valid reason, did they release over nine statements, each one a correction of the previous one, little pieces of info added that they forgot etc, and did they then try and blame others including the citizens advice website, health officials and hotel and their associations?

Also, you may have missed it, but it was Michaél, Leo and Eamon that were expressing big Phils position was untenable, so I'm unsure about the infatuation with the hypothetical TD or councillor having to be a shinner.

Thats pretty dumb alright. You could catch it leaving the test facility.

I would. Why the need for the bait and switch? Do you not think hogan lied precisely because he knew what he was at was wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I called for my local councillor (whoso was she dhot?m I know personally and have worked with in her role outside politics) to be sanctioned on this site. She is SF.

So was she shot or beaten ?

Get them to apologise keep their head down then make it up to them at a later date or Various state pensions and a board appointment. That'll learn 'em.

Truthvader wrote: »
    So was she shot or beaten ?

The blueshirts back? Mind, they never really went away right?

https://twitter.com/BryanMallonOFF/status/1275108965853126657?s=09[/url[

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I called for my local councillor (whom I know personally and have worked with in her role outside politics) to be sanctioned on this site. She is SF.

And I understand that she has lost the whip along with an SD councillor, and another councillor Egan from one of the bigger parties.

That leaves us with Wolfe and the Shinners who went to the funeral hanging on to their positions of privilege.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement