Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Scoundrel wrote: »
    My pot belly and I are quite happy to drink at home but its ridiculous that we are they only country with pubs closed give them a chance like every other industry has been given.

Why is that.

I would be of the opinion that it would be a bit a lot more sensible to bed in the schools re opening before turning the tankers loose to start gulling the pints and getting the heads stuck in.

Would you not see the logic there,horse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Why is that.

I would be of the opinion that it would be a bit a lot more sensible to bed in the schools re opening before turning the tankers loose to start gulling the pints and getting the heads stuck in.

Would you not see the logic there,horse?

Or maybe let them open with same rules as pubs already open.

Do you think all meat factory's should be shut until the ones who are not doing things correctly fix them?

Or maybe let them open with same rules as pubs already open.

Do you think all meat factory's should be shut until the ones who are not doing things correctly fix them?

Pubs already open serve food, buddy.

You make no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Opening pubs that would spread out the customers across several premises would be no harm. As long as we dont tear the arse out of it I cant see the problem. We wont have semi nightclub conditions but if we are getting report after report of infections without increased deaths it will be hard to justify continued lockdown of pubs

Edgware wrote: »
    Opening pubs that would spread out the customers across several premises would be no harm. As long as we dont tear the arse out of it I cant see the problem. We wont have semi nightclub conditions but if we are getting report after report of infections without increased deaths it will be hard to justify continued lockdown of pubs

Ha ha ha

“As long as we don’t tear the arse out of it”

Oh my god ....It’s Pat you are dealing with here, my friend.

Tearing the arse out of it is built in :D:D

C’mon man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ha ha ha

“As long as we don’t tear the arse out of it”

Oh my god ....It’s Pat you are dealing with here, my friend.

Tearing the arse out of it is built in :D:D

C’mon man

I know, I know! As Micheal Martin would say "Paddy likes to know the score" but Jaysus we cant go through the Winter as we are

Pubs already open serve food, buddy.

You make no sense.

Why be smart when you knew I meant pubs not serving food.

Why are they getting discriminated about?

Again should all meat factory's close cause a few are not doing things properly?

Edgware wrote: »
    I know, I know! As Micheal Martin would say "Paddy likes to know the score" but Jaysus we cant go through the Winter as we are

Edge it’s like this....

Winter on the way..... heating on, doors closed, football on the box, tankers gannetting back the dhrink, heads stuck in, spits flying..

Another nationwide lockdown.......inevitable.

Pat can’t see that scenario, Edge.

Just horse it back till the inevitable happens, then start blaming the ‘Gubbimint’ for the outfall.

Ohhhh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I'd leave it to the medical experts. I just want to know why a pub with food is safer than a pub without food? It's all based on capacity and ability to distance I would have thought. So food or not wouldn't make any odds surely? The Berlin bar had food and look at those jackasses not even fined.
    I'm from the city but I know in rural areas a pint is all many have for a social outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    I'd leave it to the medical experts. I just want to know why a pub with food is safer than a pub without food? It's all based on capacity and ability to distance I would have thought. So food or not wouldn't make any odds surely? The Berlin bar had food and look at those jackasses not even fined.
    I'm from the city but I know in rural areas a pint is all many have for a social outlet.

In general, there is quite a difference between pubs that sell food and pubs that don't, be that in terms of seating, social distancing, atmosphere and even clientele.

Go back to the 1970s and it is like the difference between the bar and the lounge in the pubs I frequented in those days.

The problem lies with those places where the primary focus is on drink, so while that Berlin bar was serving food, that idiot who ran it was only interested in getting punters in for pints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Alan Kelly raising important questions today in the Dail.

"MEAT PLANT WORKERS have a choice between going to work with a symptom of Covid or not getting paid, Labour leader Alan Kelly told the Dáil today."

A total of 1,445 confirmed Covid-19 cases are associated with 28 meat/poultry factory outbreaks across the country since the start of the pandemic.

https://www.thejournal.ie/meat-plant-workers-sick-pay-5193677-Sep2020/

Rural pubs would be fine if people didn't sit at the bar and staff brought pints to people.its having everyone gather in groups is problematic or having unknown people coming and going.i think though the cost benefit analysis on a small country local is massive in a rural community who wouldn't have alot of random punters at the best of time

smurgen wrote: »
    Alan Kelly raising important questions today in the Dail.

"MEAT PLANT WORKERS have a choice between going to work with a symptom of Covid or not getting paid, Labour leader Alan Kelly told the Dáil today."

A total of 1,445 confirmed Covid-19 cases are associated with 28 meat/poultry factory outbreaks across the country since the start of the pandemic.

https://www.thejournal.ie/meat-plant-workers-sick-pay-5193677-Sep2020/

And?

blanch152 wrote: »
    And?

You sound annoyed. Have a night off man.

smurgen wrote: »
    You sound annoyed. Have a night off man.

Not a bit annoyed, just completely puzzled.

You post a random article and make no comment or point about it, I was just wondering what you were trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This has been explained to you not once but twice, yet here you are still asking the same question.

Did you not understand the reasoning the first two times?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,609 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did Eamonn really fall asleep again?

118795154_3554775114557423_6064084147182092595_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=t9ajMXypmskAX9Ihs_Z&_nc_oc=AQlTa1XbK63AOwoVT-PlUwyTukOSiTFiEIx7Zs459W8VH112LH3uMq_jcRJ7V9i_kVM&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3381a8d96ef73ef2ffe69d318a84c18d&oe=5F73EFDC

markodaly wrote: »
    This has been explained to you not once but twice, yet here you are still asking the same question.

No. I asked the question and you later claimed I was constantly undermining the NPHET advice.
    I appreciate your honesty.

markodaly wrote: »

If both follow the same rules, There is no difference other than costing you at least an extra €9

If both follow the same rules, There is no difference other than costing you at least an extra €9

Shows how little you know about people’s behaviour and attitudes.

• Advertisement

Shows how little you know about people’s behaviour and attitudes.

I was in a pub Saturday, 6pm to 11.30, every table full, food served, most stayed after 105 minutes and all same rules were followed.

Explain to me how the fact I had to buy food is different to if I had of had dinner at home before I went to the pub?

Good job Leo is now thinking the same as normal people so they will be open soon. (smart man as he knows it will be popular nationwide)

The poor dears....
    The leaders of Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael, and the Green Party in the European Parliament wrote to Taoiseach Micheál Martin this week to ask for the quarantine rules to be reconsidered, suggesting that tests for Covid-19 before and after travel should be sufficient.

“This week, the European Parliament reconvened after the summer break and will sit weekly, in either Strasbourg or Brussels, until Christmas. To fully carry out our duties, we need to attend in person,” the letter from MEPs Billy Kelleher, Seán Kelly and Ciarán Cuffe reads, according to a copy seen by The Irish Times.

“Under the current guidelines, each of us must quarantine for two weeks upon our return to Ireland. This significantly restricts our activities when we are home.”
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/meps-ask-government-for-covid-19-quarantine-exemption-1.4346069

I suppose MM decides who can catch it and who can't. At least they asked. Will they go home anyway and just not bother with quarantine?

The poor dears....

I suppose MM decides who can catch it and who can't. At least they asked. Will they go home anyway and just not bother with quarantine?

Clare Daly seems to think that the quarantine rules don't apply and that MEPs can come and go at will. At least they have the courtesy to ask rather than assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭maccored

No. I asked the question and you later claimed I was constantly undermining the NPHET advice.
    I appreciate your honesty.

the way I see it is food means people have to be seated at tables of not more than 6. the idea being to stop people wandering around the pub etc. I havent been in a pub in ages at this stage so i dont know if that actually works or not

maccored wrote: »
    the way I see it is food means people have to be seated at tables of not more than 6. the idea being to stop people wandering around the pub etc. I havent been in a pub in ages at this stage so i dont know if that actually works or not

I have eaten out twice in the last few weeks, once in a restaurant, once in a pub. In both premises, there was drink being taken, but to be honest, I felt more comfortable in the pub. The staff there seemed to be more aware of the risks, more aware of the restrictions, and more sensitive to watching those who were drinking with the excuse of dining.

Admittedly, it is an extremely small sample and therefore unrepresentative, but anecdotally, I wonder do others have the same experience.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I have eaten out twice in the last few weeks, once in a restaurant, once in a pub. In both premises, there was drink being taken, but to be honest, I felt more comfortable in the pub. The staff there seemed to be more aware of the risks, more aware of the restrictions, and more sensitive to watching those who were drinking with the excuse of dining.

Admittedly, it is an extremely small sample and therefore unrepresentative, but anecdotally, I wonder do others have the same experience.

Lot of arse boxing around this issue B.

Complete bolloxology, and ignorance from the vested interests.

Here’s what’s going on.

The wide boys are squealing because their gaming the system is being squeezed.

Lookit, if you want to be ‘confused’ you will be ‘confused’ oldest trick in the book. That’s the vested interest tactic.

All this regulation is to give the State the power to hammer the pricks who are gaming the system .

They are there to proctect the compliant people and finger the stump who games the system.

These bell whiffs see their little gaming becoming squeezed and they are squealing.

Donnelly playing a blinder on News at One, Downes trying to hang him but is is getting torn a new one.

Time to end this fcukkery now and see what’s really happening.

Complete bolloxology aided and abetted by a biased media.

maccored wrote: »

I was never a regular pub goer so I've not really missed it myself. I just feel bad for the odd pensioner missing a yap and a pint. TBF even with a good few punters, people generally don't go walking over to other peoples tables. Maybe they are putting the local pub in with the bars that have DJ's and the like.

I see they chose the two:
    European Parliament First Vice-President Mairead McGuinness and former European Investment Bank vice-president Andrew McDowell are being put forward as nominees to be Ireland's next European Commissioner.

A banker, (who advised Kenny no less) would be great for putting the average punter first.... *rolls eyes all sarcastic*

Did Eamonn really fall asleep again?

No, it seems it was just another SFOS-led slur on Twitter.

• Advertisement

I was never a regular pub goer so I've not really missed it myself. I just feel bad for the odd pensioner missing a yap and a pint. TBF even with a good few punters, people generally don't go walking over to other peoples tables. Maybe they are putting the local pub in with the bars that have DJ's and the like.

You don’t get out much, buddy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement