Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Lot of arse boxing around this issue B.

Complete bolloxology, and ignorance from the vested interests.

Here’s what’s going on.

The wide boys are squealing because their gaming the system is being squeezed.

Lookit, if you want to be ‘confused’ you will be ‘confused’ oldest trick in the book. That’s the vested interest tactic.

All this regulation is to give the State the power to hammer the pricks who are gaming the system .

They are there to proctect the compliant people and finger the stump who games the system.

These bell whiffs see their little gaming becoming squeezed and they are squealing.

Donnelly playing a blinder on News at One, Downes trying to hang him but is is getting torn a new one.

Time to end this fcukkery now and see what’s really happening.

Complete bolloxology aided and abetted by a biased media.

It's gotten a bit mixed up though, the advice hasn't it.
    Akin to Boris mixed messages at the, start of the pandemic.
    Listen lads, you can go for a pint no bother, but you must have a 9 euro meal or no pint sorry.
    You can have 90 mins no sorry we changed our minds, you can have 105 mins.
    It's boloxology and it's hard to figure it out.
    Off licences can dispence at ease, leading to street drinking and house party's.
    Social drinkers don't usually need more than the alloted time, a couple of pints and a chat and home for bed for work tomoro etc.
    But the partiers will party on anyway as the drink is freely available.
    If pubs are properly regulated they are probably a lot safer option than what is being forced on people maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    I was never a regular pub goer so I've not really missed it myself. I just feel bad for the odd pensioner missing a yap and a pint. TBF even with a good few punters, people generally don't go walking over to other peoples tables. Maybe they are putting the local pub in with the bars that have DJ's and the like.

Have to say that simply isn't true.

Even in the type of old pensioner pub situation that you talk about, the oul lads stop at other tables on the way in or out, going for a smoke or to the toilet, for a chat or a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Have to say that simply isn't true.

Even in the type of old pensioner pub situation that you talk about, the oul lads stop at other tables on the way in or out, going for a smoke or to the toilet, for a chat or a laugh.

In your experience.
    I did say. 'generally' because it can happen if someone's not been down a while etc. but if you can categorically prove that's not true...something something...nah. Not every discussion has to be an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It's gotten a bit mixed up though, the advice hasn't it.
    Akin to Boris mixed messages at the, start of the pandemic.
    Listen lads, you can go for a pint no bother, but you must have a 9 euro meal or no pint sorry.
    You can have 90 mins no sorry we changed our minds, you can have 105 mins.
    It's boloxology and it's hard to figure it out.
    Off licences can dispence at ease, leading to street drinking and house party's.
    Social drinkers don't usually need more than the alloted time, a couple of pints and a chat and home for bed for work tomoro etc.
    But the partiers will party on anyway as the drink is freely available.
    If pubs are properly regulated they are probably a lot safer option than what is being forced on people maybe?

No it hasn’t Bish.

You see, what’s happened is the screws have been put on the cones, and there’s many, who were gaming the system.

Suddenly the euron dropped, this could fcuk us all up and lift a few slates

Cue a sudden fog in the brain of ‘misunderstanding’ of ‘lack of consultation’
    of ‘how can we collate all this ‘ and other bullsdust.

Then the ‘angry brigade’ McSharry, O’Caoimh, Kelly, SF ,waded in and used
    a serious pandemic and health issue to promote political gain.

Those coins should be turfed out next election, but of course Pat is not intelligent enough to see through them.

They elected Flanagan in Roscommon after all.

Speaking in his stained skiddies.

Wake up folks, don’t be gamed by these knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

In your experience.
    I did say. 'generally' because it can happen if someone's not been down a while etc. but if you can categorically prove that's not true...something something...nah. Not every discussion has to be an argument.

In my experience, but over the year before Covid, I would have regularly frequented six or seven pubs. They would range from crowded city centre pubs to suburban Dublin 15 oul lads pubs and they all had some element of mixing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

No it hasn’t Bish.

You see, what’s happened is the screws have been put on the cones, and there’s many, who were gaming the system.

Suddenly the euron dropped, this could fcuk us all up and lift a few slates

Cue a sudden fog in the brain of ‘misunderstanding’ of ‘lack of consultation’
    of ‘how can we collate all this ‘ and other bullsdust.

Then the ‘angry brigade’ McSharry, O’Caoimh, Kelly, SF ,waded in and used
    a serious pandemic and health issue to promote political gain.

Those coins should be turfed out next election, but of course Pat is not intelligent enough to see through them.

They elected Flanagan in Roscommon after all.

Speaking in his stained skiddies.

Wake up folks, don’t be gamed by these knobs.

My local Brenner, maybe 30 regular customers, never all in there at the same time, possibly 10/15 by times, dacent man, never an íota of trouble, laws followed diligently, he can't open.
    Pub leasers up da road about a mile with a chippy attached, in full swing with a breast of chicken or pizza and chips.
    I went in last Sunday and had a pint while I was ordering my takeaway.
    Great little game isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

blanch152 wrote: »
    In my experience, but over the year before Covid, I would have regularly frequented six or seven pubs. They would range from crowded city centre pubs to suburban Dublin 15 oul lads pubs and they all had some element of mixing.

I'm a very infrequent frequenter of pubs but that's my experience too. If all you're going to do is sit at your own table with a pint, why not make it your kitchen table with a six pack?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I was never a regular pub goer so I've not really missed it myself. I just feel bad for the odd pensioner missing a yap and a pint. TBF even with a good few punters, people generally don't go walking over to other peoples tables. Maybe they are putting the local pub in with the bars that have DJ's and the like.

As you say, you don't spend much time in pubs. This is a regular occurrence, particularly around the bar with regulars.

My local Brenner, maybe 30 regular customers, never all in there at the same time, possibly 10/15 by times, dacent man, never an íota of trouble, laws followed diligently, he can't open.
    Pub leasers up da road about a mile with a chippy attached, in full swing with a breast of chicken or pizza and chips.
    I went in last Sunday and had a pint while I was ordering my takeaway.
    Great little game isn't it.

That’s the whole idea Bee, protect the lads like your pub owner.

These lads can’t see that and the tools like the leasers you describe are stirring it up as their little game is under pressure.

The stupid tossers in the media are stoking up this and only solid sensible folk can see through this tactic.

This crap of not ‘understanding’ stuff is so thick it’s laughable.

Let’s not let these douche nozzles put our population at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Have we ever had a less impressive Minister than Stephen Donnelly? He really doesn’t seem to understand his role, which (as you can imagine) is extremely worrying.

Not only is he a poor decision maker & terrible communicator but he manages to wrap it up in this pointless executive speak that he thinks will gloss over his shortcomings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Have we ever had a less impressive Minister than Stephen Donnelly? He really doesn’t seem to understand his role, which (as you can imagine) is extremely worrying.

Not only is he a poor decision maker & terrible communicator but he manages to wrap it up in this pointless executive speak that he thinks will gloss over his shortcomings.

No fan of Donnelly but look at what he replaced,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I'd give him time in his role. He's certainly made a couple of communication errors, but if health is normally a hospital pass, his circumstances are the worst hospital pass in Department of Health history.

Another factor is he's come from outside the FF family, so FF internally, and FG also (he's certainly one of the smarter cabinet members) appear to be briefing the media against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,215 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They didn't risk rehabilitating Frances Fitzgerald, wise move you'd have to say.

Incorrect,buddy.

Tore out Richard Downes a new arsehole today.

We need more like him to face up to the bullhorn brigade.

Contrast the effort Downes made to pull him down to the insipid effort made by Mary Wilson against Boyd Barrett.

Wake up folk.... look around you.

Incorrect,buddy.

Contrast the effort Downes made to pull him down to the insipid effort made by Mary Wilson against Boyd Barrett.

You'd wanna watch Brendi you'll be conned into voting for these boyos again!

You'd wanna watch Brendi you'll be conned into voting for these boyos again!

Not bigging myself up Francie, but I like a guy who can stand up for himself and his ideals, and put down guys like Downes.

Conducted himself perfectly.

I’ll put it as succinctly as I can, I know you like that.

‘He called out the gamers and chancers swiftly and easily, and put the finger on the real reason why these knobs were so angry.....

The finger was on them and the laws in place to nail them’

Hence the anger.

;)

Very simple Mr B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Amirani wrote: »
    As you say, you don't spend much time in pubs. This is a regular occurrence, particularly around the bar with regulars.

In your experience. Mine too. I said 'generally'. People in my experience, tend to stick to their own little group. They might stop over to another table if it's a neighbour they've not seen in a while. They would be outside smoking, but that's outside.
    If a bar had food served, nobody would engage in such behaviour?
    My observation over the decades in a local is people are not roaming from table to table. It happens, of course. I'm not as tied to this as some of ye seem to be hi ho..

Anyway, MM says it's overreaction. LV is like the customer service person you complain to and they agree with you like they aren't working for the very company you're complaining about.

Incorrect,buddy.

Has it ever occurred to you that you are the bullhorn brigade Brendan? I fail to see the difference between your ill-tempered, basic, and extremely cocksure contributions and the likes of Paul Murphy to be perfectly plain with you.

Señor pal-dude.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Has it ever occurred to you that you are the bullhorn brigade Brendan? I fail to see the difference between your ill-tempered, basic, and extremely cocksure contributions and the likes of Paul Murphy to be perfectly plain with you.

Pal-dude.

Buddy, last time I was on a picket line was back in the day.

I don’t just show up for the sake of it.

Other than that haven’t a clue what your post is about.

Soz Bro.

Buddy, last time I was on a picket line was back in the day.

I don’t just show up for the sake of it.

Other than that haven’t a clue what your post is about.

Soz Bro.

Buddy-dude-pal.

• Advertisement

Not bigging myself up Francie, but I like a guy who can stand up for himself and his ideals, and put down guys like Downes.

Conducted himself perfectly.

I’ll put it as succinctly as I can, I know you like that.

‘He called out the gamers and chancers swiftly and easily, and put the finger on the real reason why these knobs were so angry.....

The finger was on them and the laws in place to nail them’

Hence the anger.

;)

Very simple Mr B.

Didn't hear it.
    I doubt Mr Donnelly dispelled the impression he is in need of a lifeboat or belt in his dept
    A few cheap digs was it?

Didn't hear it.
    I doubt Mr Donnelly dispelled the impression he is in need of a lifeboat or belt in his dept
    A few cheap digs was it?

He’s not SF Francie I don’t think.

No just solid common sense which pulled out the gombeens from under their slates.

They are squealing like rats in a rat trap mr F, and tools are backing them up.

Very strange ...very strange..... like folk feeding people trying to kill them.

Cannot understand that Mr F...... simple people most likely... simple people.

They are everywhere I guess.....everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Incorrect,buddy.

The 2 main tasks of a Minister are to:
    1) Make intelligent decisions on the information provided to you
    2) Present this information to the public in a relatively easy to understand way so that they are kept informed

Donnelly is atrocious at both of the above - possibly the worst i have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Incorrect,buddy.

Donnelly has been very poor so far and he hasn't even had to do normal MoH activities. That just about sums him up. He has no other gear. He can also do loose off the top of his head waffle well as he did with the committee.

The 2 main tasks of a Minister are to:
    1) Make intelligent decisions on the information provided to you
    2) Present this information to the public in a relatively easy to understand way so that they are kept informed

Donnelly is atrocious at both of the above - possibly the worst i have ever seen.

My friend, if you don’t WANT TO UNDERSTAND nothing is easy to understand.

Stand back lads. He's posting in caps and bold at the same time.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Donnelly has been very poor so far and he hasn't even had to do normal MoH activities. That just about sums him up. He has no other gear. He can also do loose off the top of his head waffle well as he did with the committee.

Listen to the Downes interview and tell me anything he didn’t address, and why it was done.

Standing by..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

My friend, if you don’t WANT TO UNDERSTAND nothing is easy to understand.

Nailed it there in fairness, Brendan. No great fan of this government myself, as it has too many non-FG members in it, and that is sub optimal. That said, some context is needed. Lads on the internet giving out about politicians all day when you doubt they can even put on their combat trousers properly isn't public opinion. I think that gets lost.

Nailed it there in fairness, Brendan. No great fan of this government myself, as it has too many non-FG members in it, and that is sub optimal. That said, some context is needed. Lads on the internet giving out about politicians all day when you doubt they can even put on their combat trousers properly isn't public opinion. I think that gets lost.

Hang on a second, isn't that what you get up to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yurt! wrote: »
    Hang on a second, isn't that what you get up to?

Nah, dude. Some quick 'drive by' posting, then out the door to hit the golf links is more my style.

As I said, the opinions of ChuckOurLaw32, RevolutionIreland, and Saoirse16 doesn't actually count for anything. Join a political party if you want to make change. Lads giving out about Donnelly on the internet isn't going to change a thing.

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement