Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,215 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He’s not SF Francie I don’t think.

No just solid common sense which pulled out the gombeens from under their slates.

They are squealing like rats in a rat trap mr F, and tools are backing them up.

Very strange ...very strange..... like folk feeding people trying to kill them.

Cannot understand that Mr F...... simple people most likely... simple people.

They are everywhere I guess.....everywhere...

Cheap digs so.

He is my bet for next crisis and head to roll. We will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Cheap digs so.

He is my bet for next crisis and head to roll. We will see.

Bit of a philosophical question for you, Francie.

Do you think Davey 'Free State Bastards' Cullinane would do a better job as Minister for Health? What attributes and skills does he have that Donnelly doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Nah, dude. Some quick 'drive by' posting, then out the door to hit the golf links is more my style.

As I said, the opinions of ChuckOurLaw32, RevolutionIreland, and Saoirse16 doesn't actually count for anything. Join a political party if you want to make change. Lads giving out about Donnelly on the internet isn't going to change a thing.

;)

For a 'drive-by poster' you fairly have the handbrake pulled up on any thread relating to politics dropping 'dudes'* left-right-and-center.

"Lads giving out about politicians on the internet" indeed

*part of your definitely not an angry internet bro posting aesthetic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

My friend, if you don’t WANT TO UNDERSTAND nothing is easy to understand.

While I agree with you that the above can be the case at times, I feel the messaging coming from Donnelly has been very poor.

It's needed constant further clarification after the fact - the Irish Times politics podcast said after an announcement last week that they needed to request 8 diff clarifications. Thats an awful lot for a single gov announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Listen to the Downes interview and tell me anything he didn’t address, and why it was done.

Standing by..........
    It's now Friday. It was published on Tuesday according to him. If you're happy that not bothering to explain stuff when you do it is a good performance fair enough. He created the problem himself by not communicating properly as he has caused all the other messes.

• Advertisement

While I agree with you that the above can be the case at times, I feel the messaging coming from Donnelly has been very poor.

It's needed constant further clarification after the fact - the Irish Times politics podcast said after an announcement last week that they needed to request 8 diff clarifications. Thats an awful lot for a single gov announcement.

There is a certain irony in Michael Martin so desperately needing a centralised unit within his Department to coordinate the message from across Government departments when he was the one who was so vocal in getting rid of the idea when Leo suggested it.

He now has a disjointed message coming from across departments, and we now spend far more on communications than we would have had we centralised under the Department of the Taoiseach.

Nailed it there in fairness, Brendan. No great fan of this government myself, as it has too many non-FG members in it, and that is sub optimal. That said, some context is needed. Lads on the internet giving out about politicians all day when you doubt they can even put on their combat trousers properly isn't public opinion. I think that gets lost.

Johnny - I am applying context.

This Gov needed to build a bit of political capital as there were always going to be a lot of unpalatable decisions that would need to be taken.

Donnelly has single handedly killed any potential for political capital being built by being a bumbling goon.
    His own party aren't fully clear on his decisions most of the time, the fact that he went to cabinet with the proposal to make having more than 6 in your house a criminal offence and was laughed out of the place by Leo for not understanding the constitution.

It's a growing list of strikes & to be honest a point will come fairly soon where Donnelly will need to be removed.

There is a certain irony in Michael Martin so desperately needing a centralised unit within his Department to coordinate the message from across Government departments when he was the one who was so vocal in getting rid of the idea when Leo suggested it.

He now has a disjointed message coming from across departments, and we now spend far more on communications than we would have had we centralised under the Department of the Taoiseach.

Agreed 100%
    The FF approach to being in office is the most amateurish I have seen in a while - just a load of people in over their heads.

Johnny - I am applying context.

This Gov needed to build a bit of political capital as there were always going to be a lot of unpalatable decisions that would need to be taken.

Donnelly has single handedly killed any potential for political capital being built by being a bumbling goon.
    His own party aren't fully clear on his decisions most of the time, the fact that he went to cabinet with the proposal to make having more than 6 in your house a criminal offence and was laughed out of the place by Leo for not understanding the constitution.

It's a growing list of strikes & to be honest a point will come fairly soon where Donnelly will need to be removed.

I can't see this Government lasting too long, Gill. Agree that the message isn't coherent enough. Need the FG A-team back in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Gill, you need to listen to the interview with Downes today .

He explained everything specifically.

I am no great fan but I do give credit where credit is due.

Lads... the publicans are trying every trick in the book to pretend they can’t understand.

They know right well what is going on and fair play to the Govt for calling their bluff.

Tools like McSharry, Young Dev, and AK 47 may well regret running their jaws when the votes are cast next time around.

Seen for what they are.

And I respected Kelly for a time......not any more.

Cheap shot Kelly, haven’t the guts Joan Burton had.

Foot in every camp, achieving nothing but the big wedge.

• Advertisement

Gill, you need to listen to the interview with Downes today .

He explained everything specifically.

I am no great fan but I do give credit where credit is due.

Lads... the publicans are trying every trick in the book to pretend they can’t understand.

They know right well what is going on and fair play to the Govt for calling their bluff.

Tools like McSharry, Young Dev, and AK 47 may well regret running their jaws when the votes are cast next time around.

Seen for what they are.

And I respected Kelly for a time......not any more.

Cheap shot Kelly, haven’t the guts Joan Burton had.

Foot in every camp, achieving nothing but the big wedge.

But the interview came after the fact - if the message was properly communicated initially then so many clarifications would not be needed.

Politics is mostly PR and Donnelly is making a mess of getting his message across

I can't see this Government lasting too long, Gill. Agree that the message isn't coherent enough. Need the FG A-team back in charge.

They understand the importance of framing the message which is a big part if their job.

I know it's a big part of the SF strategy to constantly say that Leo lacks empathy but the approach showed during the first few months of Covid dispels this - now we have to deal with the drunken substitute teachers for a while

But the interview came after the fact - if the message was properly communicated initially then so many clarifications would not be needed.

Politics is mostly PR and Donnelly is making a mess of getting his message across

As I heard it the message was properly communicated before the fact.

Those to whom the message was aimed chose not to listen.

As I heard it the message was properly communicated before the fact.

Those to whom the message was aimed chose not to listen.

All the papers & RTE carried a message inline with how the vinters interpreted it so I think it's fair to conclude that it was poorly communicated

They understand the importance of framing the message which is a big part if their job.

I know it's a big part of the SF strategy to constantly say that Leo lacks empathy but the approach showed during the first few months of Covid dispels this - now we have to deal with the drunken substitute teachers for a while

There's an enormous irony in SF selling the narrative that Leo lacks empathy when he's just a bit shy, when they had the sociopathic creep Adams in charge for more than quarter of a century. A lad that even SF supporters who've met him say gives them the creeps.

Different rules for those folks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nah, dude. Some quick 'drive by' posting, then out the door to hit the golf links is more my style.

As I said, the opinions of ChuckOurLaw32, RevolutionIreland, and Saoirse16 doesn't actually count for anything. Join a political party if you want to make change. Lads giving out about Donnelly on the internet isn't going to change a thing.

;)

I check twitter out once or twice a day for a couple of minutes. Can't says I'd know the tags of any particular posters on it.

Would that likely be down to the likes of Varadkar only speaking publicly to disagree with his own government's policy. I would suggest if Leo was more of a team player Martin mightn't need such a thing.

All the papers & RTE carried a message inline with how the vinters interpreted it so I think it's fair to conclude that it was poorly communicated

I think it's a tough message to sell anyway, Gill. It's tough that the pubs are closed, and I say that as a man who spent more time in them than most. But what they don't want to say is 'we aren't opening them because you'll all get fúcking drunk, start mixing, and we won't be able to do contact tracing that's anyway effective'.

I think it's a tough message to sell anyway, Gill. It's tough that the pubs are closed, and I say that as a man who spent more time in them than most. But what they don't want to say is 'we aren't opening them because you'll all get fúcking drunk, start mixing, and we won't be able to do contact tracing that's anyway effective'.

I agree & that's why being as direct & concise as possible on the message has been so important.

We all know its a tough message but we all knew it was coming - that's what I meant earlier about building political capital.
    The bumbling, poorly worded ambiguity has not helped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Or, you'd all imitate the Oireachtas golf society for gods sake, politicians, legals and bankers etc can't understand and follow the rules how the hell can yous ordinary bollixes.

There's an enormous irony in SF selling the narrative that Leo lacks empathy when he's just a bit shy, when they had the sociopathic creep Adams in charge for more than quarter of a century. A lad that even SF supporters who've met him say gives them the creeps.

Different rules for those folks though.

Wasn't it FG's own Catherine Noone who said he was a bit autistic, 'no doubt about it'?

His quoting 'Mean Girls' for a bet and a bit of fun while discussing the effects of Covid on the country suggests he either lacks empathy or he's a bit of a gilly. As does his homelessness being worse elsewhere comment or his #WLM Trump style tweet.

• Advertisement

That’s part of my point Gill, you were taken in by the general media who saw product and air hours in the issue, stoked up by the vested interest and lily livered strokes O’Caoimh and MacSharry.

Downes nearly turned himself inside out trying to get a bang at Donnelly as did the print media and RTÉ..for the last five or six days, all orchestrated by the ‘don’t understand mob‘

Never saw any of them try so hard against the bullhorn brigade.

Didn’t lay a glove on him.

Bowie wrote: »
    Wasn't it FG's own Catherine Noone who said he was a bit autistic, 'no doubt about it'?

His quoting 'Mean Girls' for a bet and a bit of fun while discussing the effects of Covid on the country suggests he either lacks empathy or he's a bit of a gilly. As does his homelessness being worse elsewhere comment or his #WLM Trump style tweet.

Very few people remember those things, David. It would be safe to say you are rather obsessed with the leader of FG, so I'll let you remember the specifics.

Leo is bookish, slightly socially awkward, extremely genuine and polite, and has worked hard on trying to hide his more nerdy tendencies.

His message during Covid worked. It's why the dude had the highest approval ratings for a Taoiseach since Bertie helped broker the GFA.

That’s part of my point Gill, you were taken in by the general media who saw product and air hours in the issue, stoked up by the vested interest and lily livered strokes O’Caoimh and MacSharry.

Downes nearly turned himself inside out trying to get a bang at Donnelly as did the print media and RTÉ..for the last five or six days, all orchestrated by the ‘don’t understand mob‘

Never saw any of them try so hard against the bullhorn brigade.

Didn’t lay a glove on him.

Ok, grand yeah - Donnelly is doing a bang up job.

Hos own party are wrong, FG are wrong, the opposition is wrong, the general public is wrong, the vintners are wrong, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 69,215 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bit of a philosophical question for you, Francie.

Do you think Davey 'Free State Bastards' Cullinane would do a better job as Minister for Health? What attributes and skills does he have that Donnelly doesn't?

No idea. If in government he's as qualified as Harris or Donnelly to have a go.

Ok, grand yeah - Donnelly is doing a bang up job.

Hos own party are wrong, FG are wrong, the opposition is wrong, the general public is wrong, the vintners are wrong, etc

Hmmm....Not too sure what that’s all about

I’m sure I’ll figure it out in the morning though..

Very few people remember those things, David. It would be safe to say you are rather obsessed with the leader of FG, so I'll let you remember the specifics.

Leo is bookish, slightly socially awkward, extremely genuine and polite, and has worked hard on trying to hide his more nerdy tendencies.

His message during Covid worked. It's why the dude had the highest approval ratings for a Taoiseach since Bertie helped broker the GFA.

I remember the then leader being called autistic, yeah.
    You can cite the user names of twitter users even though you don't spend all day on it giving out? One thing we have in common you use to post constantly about the then third most popular party in the country, (based on seats) now I do ;)

I wouldn't make light or autism in such a manner nor comment on any mental health issues he may or may not have. I'll stick to commenting on the many gaffes he supplies in his public life.

He showed a lack of empathy. You raised it, I gave an example.

Hmmm....Not too sure what that’s all about

I’m sure I’ll figure it out in the morning though..

You suppin' on a few tins, Brendan?

You suppin' on a few tins, Brendan?

It’s Friday John, 6 Stella for €7.87 in Doones.

First tee 0908 tomorrow, have to calm the nerves.

It’s Friday John, 6 Stella for €7.87 in Doones.

First tee 0908 tomorrow, have to calm the nerves.

Called into the former JC's there on the way back from 18 holes in that chicken pasture Coorstown last Sunday. A shadow of its former self. JCs that is. Where is the aisle of bargains?

• Advertisement

Called into the former JC's there on the way back from 18 holes in that chicken pasture Coorstown last Sunday. A shadow of its former self. JCs that is. Where is the aisle of bargains?

‘Wall of value’ John , God be with the days of staggering out with slabs of Red Stripe at a buck a can .5c

Locals wouldn’t touch it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement