Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Does anyone else find it a bit unsettling that there's a drunk man having a conversation with himself on this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Bowie wrote: »
    I remember the then leader being called autistic, yeah.
    You can cite the user names of twitter users even though you don't spend all day on it giving out? One thing we have in common you use to post constantly about the then third most popular party in the country, (based on seats) now I do ;)

I wouldn't make light or autism in such a manner nor comment on any mental health issues he may or may not have. I'll stick to commenting on the many gaffes he supplies in his public life.

He showed a lack of empathy. You raised it, I gave an example.

Why does it matter if someone is autistic or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You can cite the user names of twitter users even though you don't spend all day on it giving out? One thing we have in common you use to post constantly about the then third most popular party in the country, (based on seats) now I do ;)

Pulled the names out of my ass as I was typing the post, dude. I follow about 10 people on Twitter, and all of them are horse racing tipsters. 6 tweets in 11 years.

FG are still in Government, btw. Historic 3rd term. Do you think the Social Democrats might hop into the leaba with FG in a coalition government next year? What would you do then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yurt! wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it a bit unsettling that there's a drunk man having a conversation with himself on this thread?

Dude, I'm not Emmet, Brendan, Pintman, or any of the other accounts I've been accused of running. You're not the first to have made it in fairness.

Just John S. Flash here. FG card carrying member, boards.ie user, keen political animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Wasn't it FG's own Catherine Noone who said he was a bit autistic, 'no doubt about it'?

His quoting 'Mean Girls' for a bet and a bit of fun while discussing the effects of Covid on the country suggests he either lacks empathy or he's a bit of a gilly. As does his homelessness being worse elsewhere comment or his #WLM Trump style tweet.

We have had the sly underhand reference to the fact he has a same-sex partner.
    We have had the references to him not being a real Irishman.
    Now we have someone going after him on the basis of a disability.

Looks like some posters are playing equality bingo when it comes to Leo. Anyone want to suggest his mother’s second cousin was a traveller or that he should do the decent thing and marry Matt Barrett?

Pathetic stuff really, this hate on Leo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »

Looks like some posters are playing equality bingo when it comes to Leo. Anyone want to suggest his mother’s second cousin was a traveller or that he should do the decent thing and marry Matt Barrett?

Couldn't agree more. Made up sly and underhanded attacks are pathetic. Especially when just to try score a dig.
    As I said he should only be open to criticism on his piss poor attitude and lack of empathy in public office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Leo Varadkar is a pathetic person worthy of ridicule. He jumped on the gay rights bandwagon when it suited him this article is a great run down of how he done this. Starting to me are his comments on the civil partnership bill in 2009 :

"Two men cannot have a child, two women cannot have a child… That is a fact, nobody can deny otherwise. Every child has a right to a mother and father, and as much as possible, the State should try and vindicate that right, and that the right of a child to have a mother and father is much more important than the right of two men, or two women, to have a family."

I wouldn't trust that man as far as I could throw him. He'd sell his soul for personal gain.He has zero integrity and no identifiable values or ethics.

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/its-easy-to-do-the-right-thing-when-its-cool-and-profitable-37042890.html

smurgen wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar is a pathetic person worthy of ridicule. He jumped on the gay rights bandwagon when it suited him this article is a great run down of how he done this. Starting to me are his comments on the civil partnership bill in 2009 :

"Two men cannot have a child, two women cannot have a child… That is a fact, nobody can deny otherwise. Every child has a right to a mother and father, and as much as possible, the State should try and vindicate that right, and that the right of a child to have a mother and father is much more important than the right of two men, or two women, to have a family."

I wouldn't trust that man as far as I could throw him. He'd sell his soul for personal gain.He has zero integrity and no identifiable values or ethics.

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/its-easy-to-do-the-right-thing-when-its-cool-and-profitable-37042890.html

That's just bile.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Explain yourself, coach?

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »

That is nearly as vile as the organised SF smears about Mairia Cahill.

Understand those are still under investigation and some SF branch Twitter accounts are in real trouble. Will be one to watch.

As for Leo, the evidence of the homophobic smears on social media are clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

an election now will see ff wiped out at the polls. They have gone full taliban in power in two months.

Understand those are still under investigation and some SF branch Twitter accounts are in real trouble. Will be one to watch.

As for Leo, the evidence of the homophobic smears on social media are clear.

Can you show proof of your claim that the campaign to smear was orchestrated by SF?

Can you show proof of your claim that the campaign to smear was orchestrated by SF?

Well at least you don't deny there is an attempt!
    It's mostly SF supporters on social media that engage in it in my circles anyway.
    Not sure it's actual official policy, but it's supporters of SF policy certainly.
    It's like "code red".

As I said in my post, the Garda investigation into the Mairia Cahill smear campaign is reaching an interesting stage. Expect apologies all round from SF grandees over the next few months.

However, as another poster said, glad to see you acknowledge its existence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

So no proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,210 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

As I said in my post, the Garda investigation into the Mairia Cahill smear campaign is reaching an interesting stage. Expect apologies all round from SF grandees over the next few months.

You did this before with out back up nor it happening subsequently. Regina Doherty did the same thing...sucked in her cheeks and ooohhhed about '40 investigations' etc etc.
    Not so subtle FG attempting to keep the whiff of sulphur/scandal going?

How do you know about this interesting stage and are you going to share links to this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You did this before with out back up nor it happening subsequently. Regina Doherty did the same thing...sucked in her cheeks and ooohhhed about '40 investigations' etc etc.

How do you know about this interesting stage and are you going to share links to this info?

Blanch "met with a minister" last weekend don't forget. Privy to certain info not yet in the public domain?

I did not. I acknowledged your ciaim.
    You claim a SF orchestrated campaign exists. I'm asking for proof. You have none.
    You are making a false claim with no proof.

I did not. I acknowledged your ciaim.
    You claim a SF orchestrated campaign exists. I'm asking for proof. You have none.
    You are making a false claim with no proof.

I said things are getting interesting, let’s see what happens.

• Advertisement

Talk to Regina about her claims, not me.

I read something on a public forum, just repeated it here. I thought I had better say that before you and McMurphy head off to GSOC to complain about leaks.

Talk to Regina about her claims, not me.

Would be as pointless as asking you to back something up. FG tactic you seemed to have picked up...allege and then allege some more never back up. As we have seen, for some, when it comes to SF allegations are enough.

Richmond, the quintessential FGer with SF living rent free in his head, is getting some doing on the tweet machine. They never seem to learn. Responses to him probably orchestrated by SF and under interesting investigations. :)

https://twitter.com/nealerichmond/status/1302969631192252418

I said things are getting interesting, let’s see what happens.

A little more than that.

Understand those are still under investigation and some SF branch Twitter accounts are in real trouble. Will be one to watch..

A little more than that.

Let’s wait and see then

Let’s wait and see then

You stated it was a campaign orchestrated by SF.
    I don't assume any pro fascist tweet is a FG orchestrated campaign even when it is a FG member tweeting it.
    You should have made it clear it was a conspiracy theory.

Richmond, the quintessential FGer with SF living rent free in his head, is getting some doing on the tweet machine. They never seem to learn. Responses to him probably orchestrated by SF and under interesting investigations. :)

https://twitter.com/nealerichmond/status/1302969631192252418

SF are in a powersharing govt in Northern Ireland, ruled by Boris Johnson and co.
    And it looks like they are absolving themselves of any responsibilities here and looking to blame our govt if things go pear shaped
    Yer if it turns out that it will be OK they will take the credit.
    Political gamesmanship at its best.

And talking of people and partys living in people's heads, Leo and FG seem to be in every shinners head;).

SF are in a powersharing govt in Northern Ireland, ruled by Boris Johnson and co.
    And it looks like they are absolving themselves of any responsibilities here and looking to blame our govt if things go pear shaped
    Yer if it turns out that it will be OK they will take the credit.
    Political gamesmanship at its best.

And talking of people and partys living in people's heads, Leo and FG seem to be in every shinners head;).

I thought what Neale was getting annoyed about was SF taking responsibility and once again setting the agenda for the Dublin government. He is being told it often enough after he fired off his blunderbuss. He is a member of the party that didn't believe in special status for NI after all.

*It is a FG FF and Green thread bish, the Neale Richmond's of Boards.ie think all threads are about SF. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I thought what Neale was getting annoyed about was SF taking responsibility and once again setting the agenda for the Dublin government. He is being told it often enough after he fired off his blunderbuss. He is a member of the party that didn't believe in special status for NI after all.

*It is a FG FF and Green thread bish, the Neale Richmond's of Boards.ie think all threads are about SF. :D

You are desperately trying to turn this into a polemic Mr F.

You don’t like any reference to senior people in the party you support exulting about ‘breaking the State’ and expressing support for a terrorist organisation.

People like that have no credibility surely.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

You are desperately trying to turn this into a polemic Mr F.

You don’t like any reference to senior people in the party you support exulting about ‘breaking the State’ and expressing support for a terrorist organisation.

People like that have no credibility surely.

You can discuss your opinions on a SF thread maybe?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement