Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,210 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You are desperately trying to turn this into a polemic Mr F.

You don’t like any reference to senior people in the party you support exulting about ‘breaking the State’ and expressing support for a terrorist organisation.

People like that have no credibility surely.

'Don't like'?

I don't see it's relevance at all Brendan. The 'state' as it pertained or manifested itself over 100 years of the power swap was 'broken' at the election. It is now a power share/merger/coalition of the two parties. A seismic break IMO and celebrated by me too...rather than specific support for SF or any party, that is what I want - the way we are governed broken.

As to the 'Up the RA' comment...the continued faux outrage that a shinner would support the IRA is continually funny tbh. So keep the outraged 'references' up...don't mind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

So Mairead McGuinness new commissioner, must have been the most eagerly awaited obvious appointment in the history of the EU, I'd have laughed out loud if she got the trade Portfolio, Simon Coveney would have been sick as a parrot, nonetheless he keeps his Merc & Perks so he won't be terribly put out.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    So Mairead McGuinness new commissioner, must have been the most eagerly awaited obvious appointment in the history of the EU, I'd have laughed out loud if she got the trade Portfolio, Simon Coveney would have been sick as a parrot, nonetheless he keeps his Merc & Perks so he won't be terribly put out.

In fairness, she has the best chance of all the proposed names to repair the damage Hogan did to us.
    Never struck me as suffering from the FG arrogance thing...but she could be a late developer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

She is an odious woman. I can't stand her. And the so-called "EU" is illegal and treasonous and must be disbanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

McGuinness given the Financial Services, Financial Stability and Capital Markets Union portfolio. All Banking roles. BUT then von der Leyen gives the job of representing the commission on the EuroGroup, the body that actually oversees banks etc to another commissioner.

Thats one big **** you to Ireland. Here's Ireland's new commissioner on her first day in her very important role at commission meetings. tea-lady.jpg

• Advertisement

In fairness, she has the best chance of all the proposed names to repair the damage Hogan did to us.
    Never struck me as suffering from the FG arrogance thing...but she could be a late developer. :)

Excellent and fair point :) Coveney"s arrogance was breath taking, no I'm not taking a Job beneath my stature, I also thought Leo's professed hysterical delight at Simon staying put was hilarious, you coukd see him biting his Lip, he'd have love nothing more than Coveney"s departure to EU.

Meanwhile I'm sure this government thrilled at this latest silly Brexit Distraction, anything but Pubs reopening, Covid-19 outbreaks in school's, Bizzare and might I add far to good to be true leaving cert results and let's not forget the economy now in Recession, you couldn't make any of it up.

touts wrote: »
    McGuinness given the Financial Services, Financial Stability and Capital Markets Union portfolio. All Banking roles. BUT then von der Leyen gives the job of representing the commission on the EuroGroup, the body that actually oversees banks etc to another commissioner.

Thats one big **** you to Ireland. Here's Ireland's new commissioner on her first day in her very important role at commission meetings. tea-lady.jpg

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I thought what Neale was getting annoyed about was SF taking responsibility and once again setting the agenda for the Dublin government. He is being told it often enough after he fired off his blunderbuss. He is a member of the party that didn't believe in special status for NI after all.

*It is a FG FF and Green thread bish, the Neale Richmond's of Boards.ie think all threads are about SF. :D

Ah now that's not an answer to the point I posed at all.
    SF are shadow boxing here and attempting to blame govt here for something they have a huge shout about North of the border surely.
    This is another win win for them as they won't accept responsibility for any wrong while pointing the finger at govt down here.
    They're probably figuring out what exactly they have influence over, in servitude to a British govt riding them and blaming our govt.
    They collapsed the executive over fcuk all before, it'll happen again probably and they'd have more grounds for doing so if this goes pear shaped, they can do that and blame FF/FG/Greens and get away with it.
    But truth be told if Boris UK govt decide to crash out with no deal neither side can do fcuk all to stop it.
    But to SF favour is the fact that it might bring a unity poll closer.
    They're probably secretly hoping for it to go down that way, and they can blame everyone else for it too.
    SF is mentioned here as its in the context of who a hard brexit actually favours.
    Fcuk the economy, let's see if it unites Ireland attitude.
    And you were the one who shot up the tweet mentioning them.

SF are shadow boxing here and attempting to blame govt here for something they have a huge shout about North of the border surely.
    This is another win win for them as they won't accept responsibility for any wrong while pointing the finger at govt down here.
    They're probably figuring out what exactly they have influence over, in servitude to a British govt riding them and blaming our govt.
    They collapsed the executive over fcuk all before, it'll happen again probably and they'd have more grounds for doing so if this goes pear shaped, they can do that and blame FF/FG/Greens and get away with it.

Utter nonsense and no point reading any further.

The notion that you can only 'oppose' in government if you have never been wrong is bizarre and the sly surender monkeys/subservient digs are predictable. Straight out of the Richmond playbook tbh.

Utter nonsense and no point reading any further.

The notion that you can only 'oppose' in government if you have never been wrong is bizarre and the sly surender monkeys/subservient digs are predictable. Straight out of the Richmond playbook tbh.

The truth is always hurtful I suppose.
    Wonder what they'll do if border posts ar inflicted on us.
    Mightnt happen here, but across that border we have no control really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Risteard81 wrote: »
    She is an odious woman. I can't stand her. And the so-called "EU" is illegal and treasonous and must be disbanded.

Not very likable at all but she's an excellent politician in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

But truth be told if Boris UK govt decide to crash out with no deal neither side can do fcuk all to stop it.
    But to SF favour is the fact that it might bring a unity poll closer.
    They're probably secretly hoping for it to go down that way, and they can blame everyone else for it too.
    SF is mentioned here as its in the context of who a hard brexit actually favours.
    Fcuk the economy, let's see if it unites Ireland attitude.
    And you were the one who shot up the tweet mentioning them.

It has been clear for a long time that Sinn Fein have little care for the welfare of the people - a united Ireland is the only agenda. If a hard Brexit helps that while making people poorer, they won’t care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

padd b1975 wrote: »

She was the more preferable choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Risteard81 wrote: »

Must be cold in the squats ,dude

The truth is always hurtful I suppose.
    Wonder what they'll do if border posts ar inflicted on us.
    Mightnt happen here, but across that border we have no control really.

What is any party going to do? SF are here on the ground at least and have been informing and giving a platform to local communities since Brexit happened. As for the others...:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/DidColum/status/1303419771036332034

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

padd b1975 wrote: »

"Excellent"
    Rated against what standard?
    Flanagan, Wallace, Daly. Kelly. Really under pressure there

What is any party going to do? SF are here on the ground at least and have been informing and giving a platform to local communities since Brexit happened. As for the others...:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/DidColum/status/1303419771036332034

Where's here on the ground?
    RTE, Indo, times, mirror, sun etc are there on the ground informing people, I'm not sure what you're on about.

Where's here on the ground?
    RTE, Indo, times, mirror, sun etc are there on the ground informing people, I'm not sure what you're on about.

The border region.

The border region.
    The border region is important. But this affects all of Ireland. All of it. On the Ground is the whole island, the border region?

The border region is important. But this affects all of Ireland. All of it. On the Ground is the whole island, the border region?

I can only speak for here.

As this is a government thread...you lambasted SF for inaction on Brexit, can you outline how the others are going to avoid a hard border now that (as predicted) the British have gone rogue nation?

We have seen the fallacy of the 'taking your seats' nonsense now surely?

• Advertisement

I can only speak for here.

As this is a government thread...you lambasted SF for inaction on Brexit, can you outline how the others are going to avoid a hard border now that (as predicted) the British have gone rogue nation?

We have seen the fallacy of the 'taking your seats' nonsense now surely?

But that's a criticism of the British govt, not the Irish.
    If they renege on the deal there's damn all the govt here can do about it.
    Sinn Féin can't either and they're in power in the North, but seem intent on shifting the blame on to the Irish govt for this.
    Is that'not ridiculous political blame shifting?

But that's a criticism of the British govt, not the Irish.
    If they renege on the deal there's damn all the govt here can do about it.
    Sinn Féin can't either and they're in power in the North, but seem intent on shifting the blame on to the Irish govt for this.
    Is that'not ridiculous political blame shifting?

I love the way the ardent fans lose all concept of what it is an opposition party do when it comes to SF.

Where have they blamed the government for British perfidiousness by the way? Surely you mean they have blamed the government for not being critical enough of British perfidy?

Has the power swap not been told often enough (and witnessed it) that this is what the British will do when their own selfish interests come to the fore?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Big Phil has come out and blamed Leo and Martin for his resignation. For some reason he didnt blame any of the imaginary mobs that Blueshirts on here were blaming for it icon14.png

The border region.

We know well how good republicans in the border region will ensure that there is no hard border.

blanch152 wrote: »
    We know well how good republicans in the border region will ensure that there is no hard border.

You up for a bit of doffing the hat and just accepting blanch? That figures and is perfectly in line with past behaviours of the power swap party..stand idle there lads and lassies.

Trouble is because of the shift/change enforced in Irish politics they can't really do that any more.

I love the way the ardent fans lose all concept of what it is an opposition party do when it comes to SF.

Where have they blamed the government for British perfidiousness by the way? Surely you mean they have blamed the government for not being critical enough of British perfidy?

Has the power swap not been told often enough (and witnessed it) that this is what the British will do when their own selfish interests come to the fore?

Replying to ardent opposition supporters is critical at this juncture.
    Mostly windy they should do something about this without outlining what the something could be.
    We had what we all thought was a good deal, so if it's reneged on then unity of action is what's needed in response to it, not political point scoring.
    What can the Irish govt do if the British renege, which hasn't happened yet btw, and what can SF do?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Big Phil has come out and blamed Leo and Martin for his resignation. For some reason he didnt blame any of the imaginary mobs that Blueshirts on here were blaming for it icon14.png

Interesting, I was listening to MMG replacement there on the radio.
    He cited the mobs, but equally the govt giving in to pressure too.

You up for a bit of doffing the hat and just accepting blanch? That figures and is perfectly in line with past behaviours of the power swap party..stand idle there lads and lassies.

Trouble is because of the shift/change enforced in Irish politics they can't really do that any more.

No, but certainly I am not running around in circles like Lance Corporal Jones or Beaker from the Muppets shouting not to panic as they actually panic like opposition politicians who offer no solutions.

The Brits are throwing shapes in the negotiations, what do you expect them to do? They have a certain view of the world and they are pushing it. It is up to the EU to push back and show them the foolishness of their position.

Crying and whinging while standing on the ground in the border regions is definitely not going to help anyone so I certainly don't see that as anything positive. From what I can see, the opposition and their spokespersons on here have offered nothing more than shout back louder as a solution.

blanch152 wrote: »
    No, but certainly I am not running around in circles like Lance Corporal Jones or Beaker from the Muppets shouting not to panic as they actually panic like opposition politicians who offer no solutions.

The Brits are throwing shapes in the negotiations, what do you expect them to do? They have a certain view of the world and they are pushing it. It is up to the EU to push back and show them the foolishness of their position.

Crying and whinging while standing on the ground in the border regions is definitely not going to help anyone so I certainly don't see that as anything positive. From what I can see, the opposition and their spokespersons on here have offered nothing more than shout back louder as a solution.

In other words...'don't dare criticise us while we dither and faff'...is that what you are trying to say? :)

It's not the cozy little power swap anymore, you'll have to do better than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »

https://twitter.com/nwl88444048/status/1303426604216078336?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement