Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The EU's original position...persuaded otherwise by lobbying.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/european-parliament-rejects-special-status-for-northern-ireland-1.3144414

The DUP and FG voted AGAINST it.
    Evidence of the original FG position (as late as 2017), they have since been persuaded otherwise.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/charlie-flanagan-cautions-on-seeking-brexit-special-status-in-eu-1.2977126

No comedy blanch just the FACTUAL history of Fine Gael's position laid bare and the claim I made backed up.

Ultimately, that vote weakened the hand of the EU negotiators. It gave the British strong belief that there was enough support within the EU for them to be able to do a deal where they stayed outside the CU and SM. A betrayal from within by SF. Surrendering and looking for a worse outcome before the negotiations had even got going. A cowardly supine approach by SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Ultimately, that vote weakened the hand of the EU negotiators. It gave the British strong belief that there was enough support within the EU for them to be able to do a deal where they stayed outside the CU and SM. A betrayal from within by SF. Surrendering and looking for a worse outcome before the negotiations had even got going. A cowardly supine approach by SF.

:D:D:D:D

Fabulous. You should consider writing fantasy fiction. :)

SO that explains why FG sided with the DUP in the EU. :D:D

:D:D:D:D

Fabulous. You should consider writing fantasy fiction. :)

SO that explains why FG sided with the DUP in the EU. :D:D

As usual, you run out of answers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Why do FG side with the DUP? Simple question Francie asked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

smurgen wrote: »

Wow. A 3rd Minister for Agriculture in the firing line. This time it wasn't breaking the law, it's not knowing his brief. Who is charge of communications in this government?
    Min for Agriculture said yesterday testing has begun, but we know tests have already been cancelled

Wow. A 3rd Minister for Agriculture in the firing line. This time it wasn't breaking the law, it's not knowing his brief. Who is charge of communications in this government?

Yep he said it had begun yesterday.
    It's like a Royal Rumble in that department.

https://twitter.com/TodaywithClaire/status/1303628847456432130?s=19

Yep he said it had begun yesterday.
    It's like a Royal Rumble in that department.

https://twitter.com/TodaywithClaire/status/1303628847456432130?s=19

Has anyone told him he is the new minister for Agriculture?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0910/1164383-pandemic-unemployment-payment/

Well, well, well, it seems that another ball of smoke made up by the opposition has turned out to be little or nothing.

Firstly, the airport checks on PUP saved the State €10m, so hats off to the social welfare inspectors on a job well done (unless you are of the mindset that social welfare fraud is a good thing).

Secondly, the airport checks weren't anything new at all, having been going on since 2012.

"The minister also noted that inspectors have carried out control checks at airports and ports since 2012, saying the inspection work being done in recent months was therefore part of the ongoing control work that the department is engaged in."

Maybe some of the empty vessels who were making the most noise on this will soften their cough a little the next time the bile rises.

Ha Ha, Green Blanch in quickly to deflect. Who are you responding to exactly?

• Advertisement

Here are the facts from a semi-reliable news source, rather than a Twitter mouthpiece.

https://www.thejournal.ie/hse-meat-plant-testing-5200874-Sep2020/

"HSE CEO PAUL Reid has defended the decision to suspend serial testing of workers at meat plants and insisted its the kind of “agile” move health officials need to take in order to prioritise testing for those who need it most. "

Seems like Pearse has been slow on the uptake again. He is a bit of a dunce in all fairness.

Here are the facts from a semi-reliable news source, rather than a Twitter mouthpiece.

"HSE CEO PAUL Reid has defended the decision to suspend serial testing of workers at meat plants and insisted its the kind of “agile” move health officials need to take in order to prioritise testing for those who need it most. "

Seems like Pearse has been slow on the uptake again. He is a bit of a dunce in all fairness.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/hse-says-covid-19-testing-is-reaching-capacity-after-surge-in-demand-1.4351593

Nothing to do that they ****ed up and dont have enough tests available (and its not even winter yet)

Course not, Mary Lou made it all happen

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/hse-says-covid-19-testing-is-reaching-capacity-after-surge-in-demand-1.4351593

Nothing to do that they ****ed up and dont have enough tests available (and its not even winter yet)

How much testing do you want? And should it be prioritised over other health expenditure?

For Mary-Lou and the like, they don't need to answer these questions. Like the hurler on the ditch, they just moan and bitch about what they see in front of them.

How is Pearse slow when the Minister for agriculture said testing had begun yesterday?
    And if testing is haulted at plants I assume they'll hault production until testing can resume right?

How much testing do you want? And should it be prioritised over other health expenditure?

For Mary-Lou and the like, they don't need to answer these questions. Like the hurler on the ditch, they just moan and bitch about what they see in front of them.

For a start testing in the airports would help. If they don't have enough tests available now what's it going to be like in 2 months when we hit winter?

Ha Ha, Green Blanch in quickly to deflect. Who are you responding to exactly?

A green party members championing meat production is peak boards lol.

How is Pearse slow when the Minister for agriculture said testing had begun yesterday?
    And if testing is haulted at plants I assume they'll hault production until testing can resume right?

Did you even read the tweet you posted?

"Serial testing in meat plants has begun and the first round will be completed by the end of this week: Minister for Agriculture"

The Minister didn't say that testing had begun yesterday. Yesterday, he said that testing had begun. There is a huge difference between the two.

As the Journal article (which I linked rather than some random Tweet) made clear, the widescale testing of meat processing plant staff, was introduced on 21 August. Furthermore, "serial testing took place at the meat plants on Monday and Tuesday this week before the suspension came into effect."

It only emerged yesterday evening (Wednesday) that such serial testing was suspended. So at the time the Minister was speaking, he was telling the truth. But once again, you personified the mob out to hang someone without establishing the facts.

The Fianna Fail part meeting today was great craic going by reports.

@McConnellDaniel on twitter

-MM told by Marc MacSharry to stop doing press confrences with LEO as he is wiping the floor wit him every single time they are on"
    - MM has been told to get the CEO off the tele as hes scaring the **** outta people
    - The party want the current chair Brendan Smith replaced
    - TDs and Junior Ministers getting no say in decisions

No...I backed up what I claimed with links and all the evidence required to show FG had their minds changed.

You invented some fabulous nebulous 'excuse FG' theory. :):)

No...I backed up what I claimed with links and all the evidence required to show FG had their minds changed.

You invented some fabulous nebulous 'excuse FG' theory. :):)

Of course FG changed their minds, they had high primary objectives, when these weren't achievable, they aimed for secondary lesser objectives.

The fact that the secondary lesser objectives were SF's starting point says more about SF ambition or lack of it than it does about anything FG set out to do.

• Advertisement

Yawn, stereotyping green voters as vegans and vegetarians is another example of the tactic of dehumanising those you disagree with as practiced by Sinn Fein supporters on social media everywhere.

Yawn, stereotyping green voters as vegans and vegetarians is another example of the tactic of dehumanising those you disagree with as practiced by Sinn Fein supporters on social media everywhere.

It's nothing about vegetarianism. Meat production is one of the highest contribution of pollution and emissions in Ireland.i don't think anyone and I mean anyone at this point believes you're a green supporter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It's nothing about vegetarianism. Meat production is one of the highest contribution of pollution and emissions in Ireland.i don't think anyone and I mean anyone at this point believes you're a green supporter

Higher even than the toxic sludge from diesel laundering and the illegal dumps operating on the border?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Higher even than the toxic sludge from diesel laundering and the illegal dumps operating on the border?

Yawn, stereotyping SF voters as criminals is another example of the tactic of dehumanising those you disagree with as practiced by some Fine Gael supporters on social media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Do you see the ironic hypocrisy here?

I really don't care what people think or believe. I voted Green in the last general election as I did in the one before, and as I did in 2007. In 2011 I voted 1 Labour, 2 FG, and I have said and will say that each time.

As for the meat production, what I have seen is that we have some of the greenest meat production in the world, so when you stop looking at it through the narrow old-fashioned nationalist lens (a worldview that holds back every SF supporter) and look at it in a global context, there is little wrong with our meat industry.

I really don't care what people think or believe. I voted Green in the last general election as I did in the one before, and as I did in 2007. In 2011 I voted 1 Labour, 2 FG, and I have said and will say that each time.

As for the meat production, what I have seen is that we have some of the greenest meat production in the world, so when you stop looking at it through the narrow old-fashioned nationalist lens (a worldview that holds back every SF supporter) and look at it in a global context, there is little wrong with our meat industry.

Tell that to the people who work in them

Bowie wrote: »
    Yawn, stereotyping SF voters as criminals is another example of the tactic of dehumanising those you disagree with as practiced by some Fine Gael supporters on social media.
    Bowie wrote: »
    Do you see the ironic hypocrisy here?

No hypocrisy.

I don't think anyone has ever stereotyped SF voters as criminals so that is another red herring.

Of course FG changed their minds, they had high primary objectives, when these weren't achievable, they aimed for secondary lesser objectives.

The fact that the secondary lesser objectives were SF's starting point says more about SF ambition or lack of it than it does about anything FG set out to do.

:):)

Classic spinning.

FG a day late and a good few dollars short on what was required and more to the point, what needed to be spelt out clearly to the British voter.
    Had they done that alone they may have persuaded those who now regret not considering the implications their committments to the GFA had.
    WE ARE co-signarories of that agreement but we (as a government) had to be led on protecting it.

Spin away blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Plus patients on trolleys in A&Es hit 220 patients last week. We all remember when Enda Kenny promised to fix that calling it a "scandal" but here we go again into a winter but this time with a highly infectious virus in our hospitals. What will happen when FFG top the 700+ number on trolleys that they did last winter? Hundreds of sick people lying on trolleys in the corridors of A&E for days at a time is going to make the hospitals an absolute petri dish for the virus this winter. But Enda has his pensions so I suppose theres that :rolleyes:

It shouldnt be that surprising smurgen, this is the same party that championed diesel engines to save the environment. Thats the kind of loons you're dealing with when the Greens are let anywhere near government. They're the party of salads and wolves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement