Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

blanch152 wrote: »
    I really don't care what people think or believe. I voted Green in the last general election as I did in the one before, and as I did in 2007. In 2011 I voted 1 Labour, 2 FG, and I have said and will say that each time.

As for the meat production, what I have seen is that we have some of the greenest meat production in the world, so when you stop looking at it through the narrow old-fashioned nationalist lens (a worldview that holds back every SF supporter) and look at it in a global context, there is little wrong with our meat industry.

Grass-fed cows produce up to three times the methane emissions of grain finished cows. There are counter arguements that this is somewhat mitigated with soil health from grass-fed system (regenerative argiculture), but the fact is that the Irish cow in the field yonder is emmiting more than an equivalent cow in Japan or the US fed on grain. beef industry isn't the greenest in the world by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Plus patients on trolleys in A&Es hit 220 patients last week. We all remember when Enda Kenny promised to fix that calling it a "scandal" but here we go again into a winter but this time with a highly infectious virus in our hospitals. What will happen when FFG top the 700+ number on trolleys that they did last winter? Dozens of sick people lying on trolleys in the corridors of A&E for days at a time is going to make the hospitals an absolute petri dish for the virus this winter. But Enda has his pensions so I suppose theres that

It shouldnt be that surprising smurgen, this is the same party that championed diesel engines to save the environment. Thats the kind of loons you're dealing with when the Greens are let anywhere near government. They're the party of salads and wolves.

Preferable to a party of terrorist worshippers in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No hypocrisy.

I don't think anyone has ever stereotyped SF voters as criminals so that is another red herring.
    ....so when you stop looking at it through the narrow old-fashioned nationalist lens (a worldview that holds back every SF supporter) and look at it in a global context, there is little wrong with our meat industry.

As I said, hypocrisy.
    It's not credible to complain about stereotyping supporters of a party when you constantly engage in it yourself.

Are you talking about SF, FG or FF?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Plus patients on trolleys in A&Es hit 220 patients last week. We all remember when Enda Kenny promised to fix that calling it a "scandal" but here we go again into a winter but this time with a highly infectious virus in our hospitals. What will happen when FFG top the 700+ number on trolleys that they did last winter? Hundreds of sick people lying on trolleys in the corridors of A&E for days at a time is going to make the hospitals an absolute petri dish for the virus this winter. But Enda has his pensions so I suppose theres that :rolleyes:

It shouldnt be that surprising smurgen, this is the same party that championed diesel engines to save the environment. Thats the kind of loons you're dealing with when the Greens are let anywhere near government. They're the party of salads and wolves.

This is it. They'll no doubt blame Lehmans Covid on the coming elevated crisis, (always a crisis) like if it wasn't for Covid number 19 we would've been grand. They've Brexit in their back pocket too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

No hypocrisy.

I don't think anyone has ever stereotyped SF voters as criminals so that is another red herring.

Didnt take long

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Didnt take long

Members of the SF leadership went up to the funeral of a sociopathic criminal who was on the army Council of the IRA and a man who was influental in dictating SF party policy. This funeral was almost militaristic in tone.

They are the only major political party in Europe with deep, current, and worrying links to illegal paramilitary organisations. They do not recognise the legitimacy of the Irish Republic, it's defence forces, and its constitution.

Dems the facts, my friend.

No hypocrisy.

Members of the SF leadership went up to the funeral of a sociopathic criminal who was on the army Council of the IRA and a man who was influental in dictating SF party policy. This funeral was almost militaristic in tone.

They are the only major political party in Europe with deep, current, and worrying links to illegal paramilitary organisations. They do not recognise the legitimacy of the Irish Republic, it's defence forces, and its constitution.

:D:D:D:D:D

This is not a SF thread. Its a thread about the Govt who anytime someone has something bad to say (and God knows they keep up with ammunation every day) the main tactic is deflect what about SF.
    Its quite amusing./

Must hurt that the SF party (who you seem to have deep hatred for and their supporters) are the largest party on our Islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This is not a SF thread. Its a thread about the Govt who anytime someone has something bad to say (and God knows they keep up with ammunation every day) the main tactic is deflect what about SF.
    Its quite amusing./

Must hurt that the SF party (who you seem to have deep hatred for and their supporters) are the largest party on our Islands.

Islands???

What Islands???

Who have we annexed?

Islands???

What Islands???

Who have we annexed?

Ah yes the perfect response to a spelling mistake

My 4 year old wouldn't be as childish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The Tans commentation yoke FG wanted to hold was cancelled deferred Mr Flash, perhaps M'Lud didn't get the memo?

Ah yes the perfect response to a spelling mistake

My 4 year old wouldn't be as childish

Not a spelling mistake,dude.

Can you back up this claim? Who are these organisations and what are the links?
    Citing the IRA have influence over the party doesn't qualify. There's no secret that former IRA are heavily involved in SF. The IRA isn't active. Also you say 'organisations'.
    FG and the public would be better served by FG upping their game than spouting conspiracy theories. Which victim's family will be dragged up for the next election and then discarded I wonder?

Not a spelling mistake,dude.

Yeh spelling islands and not island is a spelling mistake.

Considering all the islands off Galway etc get a vote Islands is also correct

DUDE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

McMurphy wrote: »
    The Tans commentation yoke FG wanted to hold was cancelled deferred Mr Flash, perhaps M'Lud didn't get the memo?

:D

Forgot about that one.

Yeh spelling islands and not island is a spelling mistake.

Considering all the islands off Galway etc get a vote Islands is also correct

DUDE

No it’s not, my friend.

Why can’t you guys ever let a anything go, but argue the toss to the nth degree.

Is that kind of stuff embedded into you or something.......jeez.

No it’s not, my friend.

Why can’t you guys ever let a anything go, but argue the toss to the nth degree.

Is that kind of stuff embedded into you or something.......jeez.

I made a spelling mistake and like a child it was your only response to my message

DUDE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Higher even than the toxic sludge from diesel laundering and the illegal dumps operating on the border?

What have they got to do with anything? Have you been destroying toilets again? You'd want to get that looked at.

Now the government is stopping the meat plant testing again who wants to take bets on the dates & location of the next local lockdown?

smurgen wrote: »
    Now the government is stopping the meat plant testing again who wants to take bets on the dates & location of the next local lockdown?

In fairness we were told they had capacity to do 100,000 tests a week, today we find out they could do it by testing 24/7 for 7 days.

A shambles in all aspects

• Advertisement

In fairness we were told they had capacity to do 100,000 tests a week, today we find out they could do it by testing 24/7 for 7 days.

A shambles in all aspects

Who said the 100k a week? Has it been reached or maintained yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I think from memory they were talking of hitting 15000 per day at the height of the first phase.
    They never achieved that target afaik.
    The crisis lessened and they dismantled a lot of centers, pop up ones anyway.
    It seems they are going to up the ante again now and have walk in centers even, no appointment needed.

I think from memory they were talking of hitting 15000 per day at the height of the first phase.
    They never achieved that target afaik.
    The crisis lessened and they dismantled a lot of centers, pop up ones anyway.
    It seems they are going to up the ante again now and have walk in centers even, no appointment needed.

Why would walk in centers be prioritized instead of covid hotspots like meat factories?does the government think covid downs tools at the factory as soon as the whistle blows? Factory workers there are very much out and about in the community. Clusters in factories is going to lead to community transmissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Why would walk in centers be prioritized instead of covid hotspots like meat factories?does the government think covid downs tools at the factory as soon as the whistle blows? Factory workers there are very much out and about in the community. Clusters in factories is going to lead to community transmissions.

From the news they're acting on medical advice.
    Dr Glynn said community transmission is the priority now.
    More chance of community clusters and more widespread than meat factories among the general public.
    Prioritising meat factories it seems is taking from that effort.
    As I see it its a hse decision rather than a govt one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Its quite amusing./

(1) Where did that poster refer to SF voters as criminals? Arguing that SF members are terrorist worshippers isn’t stereotyping, it is factual, like saying all men are male.

(2) Our islands? Are you a closet unionist?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The positive rate in the meat factory testing was 0.2%, in the community its 1.6%, hence the change in priority.

Playing politics with peoples health as Sinn Fein are now doing is disgusting but not unexpected.

(1) Where did that poster refer to SF voters as criminals? Arguing that SF members are terrorist worshippers isn’t stereotyping, it is factual, like saying all men are male.

(2) Our islands? Are you a closet unionist?

Yes I meant our islands

https://www.thejournal.ie/100000-covid-19-tests-by-mid-may-5084211-Apr2020/
    THE HSE HAS today insisted it is confident Covid-19 testing capacity will reach 100,000 tests per week, if needed, by the third week in May.
    A roadmap to increase testing capacity was devised by the National Public Health Emergency Team and the HSE this week and will go before Cabinet for approval next week.

I doubt they hit 100k per week

The positive rate in the meat factory testing was 0.2%, in the community its 1.6%, hence the change in priority.

Playing politics with peoples health as Sinn Fein are now doing is disgusting but not unexpected.

Why does the agriculture minister say the opposite? The 3rd FFG agriculture minister.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/covid-19-agriculture-minister-says-serial-testing-at-meat-plants-has-started-1016409.html

Minister for Agriculture Charlie McConalogue has said that serial testing in meat plants has commenced and the first round will be completed by the end of this week.
    Speaking on RTÉ radio’s Today with Claire Byrne show the new Minister said that issues raised in recent reports by meat plant workers such as having to share work uniforms, co-living and the shortage of PPE “should not and cannot happen”.

Why is he misleading the public on the radio? This was yesterday...

• Advertisement

Those statistics mean nothing. Especially if they're not testing in the factories. Are they using the same criteria for testing in the factories as community?
    1500 infections linked to just 28 factories.
    Those in kildare locked down the county. Are FG playing with people's health for financial gain? Were the other businesses in those counties worth shutting down for a couple of larry Goodman's factories?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement