Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

smurgen wrote: »

It's only 'magic money tree' if it's something everyday working tax payers are looking for. Otherwise they find it no bother, it's not even a question.
    Will we see the same concerned posters asking, "All those advisers? Where will they be getting paid from? Magic Money Tree?" will we f***.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Donnelly on RTE news at 1 now blaming the opposition on its own inept communications. Says the opposition are undermining public health advice.

He also states Dublin is not at level 2.5 or a bit but its not the same as a normal level 2.

Didn't think it could get worse than MM's press conference. But Donnelly stood up and made sure I would be wrong.

Brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

The usual suspects defending them at every turn on here have gone very quiet.

they have changed the blinkers to blindfolds.

Some day they will realise that blind allegiance to their parent's favourite party is not a virtue. To be fair it took me roughly 20 years of elections!

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nobody has a problem with you liking or disliking facts, just with you making them up.

I set out clearly the facts in relation to the Debenhams workers, and you once again twisted them into a warped vision of the world.

You didn't your barney. You re-posted what I already said. You did exactly that on my list.

Post one thing I made up or withdraw the accusation..or you know, run away.

Who are these creditors and what are they due money for? Do you know if the workers getting what they are looking for will cause job loses? This is your reasoning so you must have answers right?

What do you think the other creditors are expecting, magic money tree?

Leo lied. There is money there. He stuck his oar in to dismiss people who like to get up early of a morning.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What a shambles, they come up with a 1 to 5 system that is designed to be easy to understand by the population. But then they immediately undermine their own system by introducing a 2.5 ranking. Which means now instead of 5 potential rankings we actually have 9 of them when the government can stick a .5 in anywhere they like.

Theyre fecking brilliant.

Whats to stop them sticking in any decimal point they want to.
    I can just picture the press conference.

"Mr Martin would like to announce that Mrs Murphys house had an extra visitor last night so shes now at 2.73 on our infinite scale of 5."

And then Donnelly will say "sure a 2.73 isnt really a 2.73 its more like a 2.729999998"

These lot just crack me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Next press conference they'll all come prepared with score cards, complete with decimals, and they'll vote like Olympic judges.

They're making it the fcuk up as they go.

IMG-20200915-134734.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

The usual suspects defending them at every turn on here have gone very quiet.

Even Comical Ali couldn't defend this.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Next press conference they'll all come prepared with score cards, complete with decimals, and they'll vote like Olympic judges.

They're making it the fcuk up as they go.

It's poor. It all started to go wrong when they start fiddling with the NPHET recommendations. Making allowances and exceptions here and there.
    I know many of the meat plant employees are tax resident elsewhere but it needs addressing on a medical/health/humanitarian level. The meat plants can run sweatshop equivalents regardless of the .5 or whatever. Then you've pubs with food okay, even if the barman is standing on the bar pouring out shots into peoples mouths, but 'wet' pubs opening would be irresponsible. They got crony with health during a pandemic IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He also states Dublin is not at level 2.5 or a bit but its not the same as a normal level 2.

So not at 2.5 but not at 2 either. Does that mean it is at 2.25 and Dublin is a little bit pregnant but not actually pregnant? And if it goes up to 2.75 does that mean the pubs can leave their doors a quarter open?

Yet another shambles from FFG, they cant even get a simple 1 to 5 ranking system correct.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The government/shambles were getting abuse for being unclear, so they went ahead and hired a PR firm to help with messaging.

They announce a clear cut 5-level covid action plan, only to say Dublin will be on level 2.5, which it turns out by the Health Minister doesn’t exist.

They have just completely lost the public. Not all on FF either, the 3 parties all signed off on this.

I cannot comprehend how they went ahead with the press conference when they clearly couldn't verbalise the message and the document was still a work-in-progress?
    What other organisation would do that? Why not delay and do the press conference at a later time or day.
    Our political system is reaching new lows with this government. We are only on Day 80 and there is enough material for 5 Scannal programs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So not at 2.5 but not at 2 either. Does that mean it is at 2.25 and Dublin is a little bit pregnant but not actually pregnant? And if it goes up to 2.75 does that mean the pubs can leave their doors a quarter open?

Yet another shambles from FFG, they cant even get a simple 1 to 5 ranking system correct.

https://twitter.com/Hughjarce2014/status/1305825889352142855?s=19

tenor.gif

All details here, though I’m sure that there’ll be the usual nitpicking. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40049111.html

All details here, though I’m sure that there’ll be the usual nitpicking. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40049111.html

Seems it's FF/FG...(Greens still up?) doing all the nitpicking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Heh heh.... the full team out tonight, the usual suspects who cannot understand simple instructions.

If they want directions to the dole office, there would be no problems.

Lads....word in your ears, you seem to be slow learners... but hey ... nothing new there.

Seems to be a lot of thick people around this burg.

But maybe that is an acquired affliction.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Heh heh.... the full team out tonight, the usual suspects who cannot understand simple instructions.

If they want directions to the dole office, there would be no problems.

Lads....word in your ears, you seem to be slow learners... but hey ... nothing new there.

Seems to be a lot of thick people around this burg.

But maybe that is an acquired affliction.

A 2+ for that effort Brendi.

:D You should head over to the covid thread. Priceless.

Dublin pubs are at Level 2 but with a sprinkling of Level 5!

It looks like Donnelly has put the whole cabinet at risk by not isolating when he had Covid19 symptoms.

I don't think a government had ever made me laugh so much.

A 2+ for that effort Brendi.

What do you not understand F.

Or should I say what do you decide you don’t understand.

It’s perfectly clear dude, if you really want to understand it:cool:

You lads who seem extremely sharp on some stuff, suddenly seem to be thick and dense on other issues.

You don’t fool Middle Ireland horse.

• Advertisement

It looks like Donnelly has put the whole cabinet at risk by not isolating when he had Covid19 symptoms.

I don't think a government had ever made me laugh so much.

If thats true, that's another Minister gone

You lads who seem extremely sharp on some stuff, suddenly seem to be thick and dense on other issues.

More lemons for BB quick!

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1305903183580090368?s=21

Every radio phone in the country is laughing at this plan.

They promised we would have a full 6 month plan. They havnt even a plan for Dublin confirmed depending on what they hear Thursday. They havnt spoken about Christmas (bang in the middle of the 6 months) They state there will be no tweeks in the phases while they are already tweeking it from day 1 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If thats true, that's another Minister gone

Especially as it's the health minister.

More to the point, another FF minister. They'll be really scraping the barrel to replace him

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not up to me to understand it Brendi...but are you tuned into the world at all? All day long since the presser journo's, health experts,business people and other commentators are commenting on the utter confusion this has caused.

Boards.ie is not the world Brendi...get out there, stay informed!

Every radio phone in the country is laughing at this plan.

They promised we would have a full 6 month plan. They havnt even a plan for Dublin confirmed depending on what they hear Thursday. They havnt spoken about Christmas (bang in the middle of the 6 months) They state there will be no tweeks in the phases while they are already tweeking it from day 1 😂

Sure they are, sure they are, the same tools who do not comply with instructions carry on ignoring the sensible advice and then blame the Government for their non compliance.

Would you ever cop yourself on .

Jack Lambert put it in a nutshell on Drivetime

Grunts ignoring advice...... what do you expect buddy!!!

You couldn’t make this up.

You couldn’t make this up.

I know BB, I know. :D

• Advertisement

Not up to me to understand it Brendi...but are you tuned into the world at all? All day long since the presser journo's, health experts,business people and other commentators are commenting on the utter confusion this has caused.

Boards.ie is not the world Brendi...get out there, stay informed!

Heh heh... word in your ear Francie.... I’ll ......spread it out in big letters.

Vested interests

Perfectly clear to me,a chara.

You see Francie, if you WANT to understand it’s easy.

Come into the world, a chara, open your mind .....for a change:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement