Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Heh heh .....the standard response.... when you know you have been outed ..resort to the ‘I don’t understand’ Mantra.

You heard me ,Punchy......:D

The standard response? To you?

That's not far off "Everyone is wrong accept me!"

---

Care to answer my question that you edited from that response post?

Heh heh... word in your ear Francie.... I’ll ......spread it out in big letters.

Vested interests

Perfectly clear to me,a chara.

You see Francie, if you WANT to understand it’s easy.

Come into the world, a chara, open your mind .....for a change:P
    Heh heh...clutching at straws Francie..... I say again ... clutching at straws.

I’ll tell you where I stand Francie, whatever defeats this pandemic!

You and your fellow travelers seem to take the view that people are expendable to get a cut at the Government and offer no solutions yourselves.

Francie, please don’t take people for granted, we have you sussed.

We know the agenda, legitimate perhaps, but it doesn’t fool anybody.

Just take note of that.....per favor.

It's not really clear now Brendi tbh; what are you ranting on about?

Surely you have to concede that today has been a shambles from start to finish and the news that the MoH has not self-isolated is just the cherry on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

No matter what plan is brought in, there’ll always be those who oppose it. The government are doing their best of guiding us through this pandemic. It’s not solely their responsibility. Each and every one of us must do our bit.

Mary.... steady up now woman

You don’t surely expect those folk to take responsibility for their own wellbeing.

They have never done it up to now, this is not going to to change them.

No... the usual agenda.... ignore all advice.... then blame someone else.

Come out with the hand out......

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Senior hurling lads.

It'll be interesting now watching certain posters who castigated MLMD for both self isolating as a precaution, and when it was revealed she actually had contracted covid, and developed pleurisy from same.

What will they be saying about the tweedlers and twumblers now self isolating I wonder .....

Senior hurling I say, senior hurling.

/Laurel and Hardy music.

The reporter on Drivetime there summing up the day, - the news that Donnelly required a Covid test rounding off another chaotic day from the government (Paraphrasing him).

But everything is going swimmingly according to some here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They won't make Christmas, it's been an absolute shambles. Time for proper change.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Mary.... steady up now woman

You don’t surely expect those folk to take responsibility for their own wellbeing.

They have never done it up to now, this is not going to to change them.

No... the usual agenda.... ignore all advice.... then blame someone else.

Come out with the hand out......

I know, Bren. When you come in from a days hard graft to reading some of the tosh being posted here, you despair! It’s as if they want a TD to take each of them by the hand and guide them around the dangers.

I know, Bren. When you come in from a days hard graft to reading some of the tosh being posted here, you despair! It’s as if they want a TD to take each of them by the hand and guide them around the dangers.

Tut tut Maryanne, that would be breaking guidelines...have you been confused too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Sure they are, sure they are, the same tools who do not comply with instructions carry on ignoring the sensible advice and then blame the Government for their non compliance.

Would you ever cop yourself on .

Jack Lambert put it in a nutshell on Drivetime

Grunts ignoring advice...... what do you expect buddy!!!

You couldn’t make this up.

That's all true, but there is no comparison between how Leo and Simon Harris were handling it compared to Martin and Donnelly.

FG were clear, concise and to the point. We all knew where we stood with them. There were no five level plans that actually had six in them, for example. There was no dithering for a week with regards to implementing restrictions, they just got on with it and did it.

FF are a shambles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

That's all true, but there is no comparison between how Leo and Simon Harris were handling it compared to Martin and Donnelly.

FG were clear, concise and to the point. We all knew where we stood with them. There were no five level plans that actually had six in them, for example. There was no dithering for a week with regards to implementing restrictions, they just got on with it and did it.

FF are a shambles.

Leo opening up early just to look good before he formed a Govt with FF is part of the reason we are where we are now.

FG signed off on this plan, MM and LV have both been conflicting each other.

You can't just blame this on FF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I can go to my local next week for a pint.:)
    But all in all todays announcements are a shambles pr wise.

• Advertisement

I can go to my local next week for a pint.:)
    But all in all todays announcements are a shambles pr wise.

Serious sessions planned Monday. Nearly every young lad in Dundalk is off, pubs booked out of places for day already.

Serious sessions planned Monday. Nearly every young lad in Dundalk is off, pubs booked out of places for day already.

Best to take Tuesday off though, no?

FF are a shambles.

The government is a shambles...this trying to compartmentalise is cringeworthy rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That's the cabinet alright. Well said.

Best to take Tuesday off though, no?

Can't go drinking if your working, ya mighten finish till 5 or 6 then only have a. Few hours before pub shuts

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That is exactly the type of attitude and behaviour that will spread the virus.

Not surprised at the source.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Proper country. Are we even testing in airports?

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1305939029419003907?s=19

blanch152 wrote: »

Sure they're probably taking the messaged issued by the golf pissup. Bad example that was. When the legislators are having shindigs why not I suppose?

So who will be caught out not social distancing? My money is on MM. People asked not to leave Dublin if they can help it. Plenty of wiggle room for a road trip.

Aaah yes Mary...

• Advertisement

Pandemic has the country ruined and all these coins can do is gannet drink.

Now........ there’s the REAL reason we are where we are.

It’s a joke that these cretins can ruin the country with the support of the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,822 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advisers for Taoiseach Micheál Martin, Tánaiste Leo Varadkar and Green Party leader Eamon Ryan are set to cost taxpayers at least €1.5m a year.

The Coalition leaders have 17 special advisers between them, with salaries ranging from €74,000 to as much as €180,000.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Advisers for Taoiseach Micheál Martin, Tánaiste Leo Varadkar and Green Party leader Eamon Ryan are set to cost taxpayers at least €1.5m a year.

The Coalition leaders have 17 special advisers between them, with salaries ranging from €74,000 to as much as €180,000.

Magic money tree? Anyone? Anyone? ....didn't think so.

Stephen Donnelly being used as a biological weapon to take down the press.

https://twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1305906613472161794?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

smurgen wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly being used as a biological weapon to take down the press.

https://twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1305906613472161794?s=19

Would that not only apply if they were within a few yards of him at any point?

Would that not only apply if they were within a few yards of him at any point?

Never stopped the media putting the boot in Loafster.

blanch152 wrote: »

Il be with my mate, social distanced in a pub adhering to all guidelines that are set up for pubs.

I've stayed in for 6 months working from home minding a 4 year old while trying to work. I will be attending the pub as I am allowed on Monday. What is your issue?

Il be with my mate, social distanced in a pub adhering to all guidelines that are set up for pubs.

I've stayed in for 6 months working from home minding a 4 year old while trying to work. I will be attending the pub as I am allowed on Monday. What is your issue?

Who do you think you are kidding ,dude.

Stop trying to make a joke about a very serious situation.

Who do you think you are kidding ,dude.

Stop trying to make a joke about a very serious situation.

Leo quoting film quotes is making jokes of serious situations.

Me going for 10 Pints Monday is making good of Government advice.

So what's your issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Very responsible and there should be no issue with any of that.
    I had a few pints last weekend myself in a pretty crowded but socially distant hotel in our local town.
    Next week I have the choice to do that in my local without having to pay out for a dinner just for the privilege of having my few pints with my wife and our neighbours, or just myself if I want too.
    Enjoy your session, it's been a long six months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement