Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The first thing would probably be that the shinners et Al on the left whinging aren't going to deliver the crap they talk about.

Who knows, will ffg be able to either, I realise building houses can be difficult, but over 10 years difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

xl500 wrote: »
    States subject to Availability

They seem to have a steady supply, I know of four people who have booked online and got the jab in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Some Labour guy, getting new one ripped out for himself by Dobbo on MI.

Let’s see who he is.

Duncan Smith....floundering badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Who knows, will ffg be able to either, I realise building houses can be difficult, but over 10 years difficult!

Well they all have excuses now obviously.
    The next few years will be just trying to rebuild an economy hopefully and getting over the covid shock.
    With a 20 to 30 billion deficit after this year I can't see it becoming house build heaven for a few years no matter whose in.

Well they all have excuses now obviously. The next few years will be just trying to rebuild an economy hopefully and getting over the covid shock. With a 20 to 30 billion deficit after this year I can't see it becoming house build heaven for a few years no matter whose in.

....and you'd be wondering why so many people, particularly younger folks are voting for more radical parties! When will conservatives ever give up on all this deficit crap! Once again, growing public debt has historically caused far less problems than growing private debt, as we have once again been made aware of! By not taking on this public debt, it forces the money supply out to the only place it can go, the private sector, once again, causing a rise in private debt! There's nothing stopping the government from refinancing our public debts, using the current rates, and ploughing on, we need to grow our way out of this, via this mechanism, or potentially face shrinking our way into it by not expanding the deficit!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Very little been said for the protocol in the Dáil yesterday, if someone is awaiting a test the Govt **** themselves and try shut down the Dáil.

If they don't have any procedures in place in there, how in name of God can they expect the public to have confidence.

Pascal on Newstalk now saying they need to communicate better going forward as it hasn't been good enough.

I thought they told us yesterday it was a clear message?

Pascal on Newstalk now saying they need to communicate better going forward as it hasn't been good enough.

Perfectly clear to me and people who understand the big picture.

As was proven by the print media this morning.....blaring headlines...”shambles...chaos...confusion”.

That of course was to create sales attract the grunts while the editorial comment inside were much more muted and realistic.

Paschal gave a stellar performance as usual.

Duncan tried the ‘dont understand’ tactic and got badly mauled.

Serious situations demand serious people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

As was proven by the print media this morning.....blaring headlines...”shambles...chaos...confusion”.

That of course was to create sales attract the grunts while the editorial comment inside were much more muted and realistic.

Good to know you're up to date on the big picture. Can I ask so what plans on testing and contact tracing were released yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    Good to know you're up to date on the big picture. Can I ask so what plans on testing and contact tracing were released yesterday?

Did I see MLMD having to correct an RTE presenter on these figures yesterday evening?

Seems someone handed Catriona Perry the wrong info, of which McDonald had to correct her on (figures she (McDonald) said she got from the app), and she (Perry) had no comeback for.

• Advertisement

So what is the plan for testing/tracing? Why did the Dáil get cancelled yesterday only to be put back on, is their no plan for a situation like this? Why did diff Ministers give diff info on whether people from Dublin could travel outside of Dublin, why did Leo say last night that if people wanted we can go to Germany, is the advice now to travel abroad if on the 'green list'?

How do we move from 2 to 1? What's the criteria, oh there is none

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

But you and maybe 3 tp 4 others on boards are unique among 'people' Brendi. You have not had an issue with any of the messaging from government (particularly when rolled out by the FG faction) since this thing started.
    Serious people? Not a lot of 'em about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

This piece sums up yesterday well. A highly amusing day I think everyone would agree.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0915/1165382-politics-covid-19/
    Given the document was long in the making, the event was perplexing.
    You would imagine that Mr Martin would absolutely nail it: crisply explaining why the new restrictions on Dublin were consistent with a Level 2 status, rather than Level 3, particularly given the recent lockdowns in Offaly, Laois and Kildare.

Yet this was his initial response to RTÉ's Sandra Hurley when she asked if it was "not confusing" for Dublin to remain on Level 2 when additional restrictions were being applied.
    Mr Martin hadn’t nailed it. And so the questions kept coming – questions about fairness, confusion and consistency.
    However, he didn't clarify that while there was no travel limitation on Dubliners, they were being asked not to travel.

But maybe, as we later learned, Minister Donnelly's performance was affected by illness.

However, there were also outstanding questions about how a county, or other designated area, would move either up or down on the plan.

You expect this chaotic drama every week now :D

I think they'll have to move Dublin to Level 3 very soon just to save embarrassment and further questions/confusion.

I read it online after work yesterday. It was perfectly clear to me. Take some time to actually read it for yourself. https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40049111.html
    If you can tell what’s going to happen in the future, could you share it with us, along with the lottery numbers.

gov.ie is your friend, a chara

I think they'll have to move Dublin to Level 3 very soon just to save embarrassment and further questions/confusion.

The pubs can then open at Level 3

Win Win for all

We were told yesterday they are recruiting more testers and tracers. They told us that would all be in place months ago.

Gov.ie bas no mention of testing plans in airports, are we not going to bother

Can you point out the page that shows the announcements yesterday that outline the big picture stuff like testing and tracing yesterday?

I read it online after work yesterday. It was perfectly clear to me. Take some time to actually read it for yourself. https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40049111.html
    If you can tell what’s going to happen in the future, could you share it with us, along with the lottery numbers.

Comical 'Ali's' level of stuff here now. The usual people on handwaving away the chaos of yesterday. :):)

Senior government minister comes on the airwaves and admits that they have to do better on the communication front...and still it's...'there was no problem...YOU are the problem'. :)

• Advertisement

The pubs can then open at Level 3

Win Win for all

No silly billy, the wet pubs will still be closed in Dublin.

Dublin will be at Level 3 but the wet pubs will be at Level 5 (Takeaway or delivery only). So Level 3.5 I think.

Simples.

Comical 'Ali's' level of stuff here now. The usual people on handwaving away the chaos of yesterday. :):)

Senior government minister comes on the airwaves and admits that they have to do better on the communication front...and still it's...'there was no problem...YOU are the problem'. :)

You are the problem if you cannot read and understand what’s contained in the link I posted. I’m afraid that arguing on in Internet forum doesn’t seem to be helping you. Maybe just take the time to read the article in full. Then it will all become clear.
    What it boils down to is personal responsibility. A bit of cop on for the next few months. Stay home. Stay safe. Wear a mask. Wash your hands regularly. Give the scientists time to come up with a cure and/or vaccine.

Now, work calls. Laters.

You are the problem if you cannot read and understand what’s contained in the link I posted. I’m afraid that arguing on in Internet forum doesn’t seem to be helping you. Maybe just take the time to read the article in full. Then it will all become clear.
    What it boils down to is personal responsibility. A bit of cop on for the next few months. Stay home. Stay safe. Wear a mask. Wash your hands regularly. Give the scientists time to come up with a cure and/or vaccine.

Now, work calls. Laters.

'Nothing to see here...you are the problem', classic! :D

'Nothing to see here...you are the problem', classic! :D

The quality of the blinkers is superb. Very well made.

The FFG supporters must be fuming all the same.

Who is Claire Byrne mauling right now? He wont answer a single question!

As she said, if the miniters are confused (including the health minister), how can the public understand it.

She said Pascal encouraged people not to go to Dublin too.

Twas Michael McGrath. Should have known. Waffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

https://mobile.twitter.com/danobrien20/status/1306161401531162625
    Breaking
    Ireland is the only EU27 country to grow goods exports in January-July 2020 (compared to same period in 2019). Import decline is also the smallest.

Points to resilient supply chains. Reason to be hopeful that coming Brexit shock can be managed.

Doing an excellent job on the economy and Brexit.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40049345.html

Good read actually.
    Gerard Howlin: Muppet Show politics is damaging to the national interest
    There is no answer to what ails Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael is now its own greatest danger

The magic money tree again. It seems like the accommodation crisis is lucrative for some. Poor value for the taxpayer.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/hotels-and-b-and-bs-paid-276m-for-taking-in-homeless-39535045.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Advertisement

The magic money tree again. It seems like the accommodation crisis is lucrative for some. Poor value for the taxpayer.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/hotels-and-b-and-bs-paid-276m-for-taking-in-homeless-39535045.html?__twitter_impression=true

nothing stopping us from borrowing the money, even from ourselves, to try solve this problem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement