Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

A FF TD on tele now saying yesterday was a bit confusing

Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think they'll have to move Dublin to Level 3 very soon just to save embarrassment and further questions/confusion.

367 new cases yesterday was a bit of a shocker with over 200 of those in Dublin so the Level 2.5 to Level 3 upgrade looks inevitable. Why didnt they just do it yesterday from the off and have no messing about it? Level 3 for Dublin, 2 for the rest of the country, i.e a simple message. Instead we had a clusterfcuk with this 2.5 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You are the problem if you cannot read and understand what’s contained in the link I posted. I’m afraid that arguing on in Internet forum doesn’t seem to be helping you. Maybe just take the time to read the article in full. Then it will all become clear.
    What it boils down to is personal responsibility. A bit of cop on for the next few months. Stay home. Stay safe. Wear a mask. Wash your hands regularly. Give the scientists time to come up with a cure and/or vaccine.

Now, work calls. Laters.

Exactly, and you can add don't build a wall in your back garden with your mates during lockdown to the list. :D:D:D

A FF TD on tele now saying yesterday was a bit confusing

Which is it?

We can certainly tell that you are confused.

I have had a good read of the newspapers (ignoring the sensationalist headlines) and of the government advice, and have it extremely clear in my head what is required. It is not difficult to understand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »

I have had a good read of the newspapers (ignoring the sensationalist headlines) and of the government advice, and have it extremely clear in my head what is required. It is not difficult to understand.

Leo said last night on Prime Time that we can go to Germany, does that include Dubs?

• Advertisement

Leo said last night on Prime Time that we can go to Germany, does that include Dubs?

It is all there if you read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Exactly, and you can add don't build a wall in your back garden with your mates during lockdown to the list. :D:D:D

We are back to making snide comments about a situation you knew nothing about at the time and which you know less about now.

Snide comments to try desperately to cover the fact that the government f****d it up AGAIN yesterday regardless if the guidelines make sense or not.

Keep it up...funny stuff on here really...a sideshow to the main event - the FG FF merger devouring itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Which headlines?

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/what-a-mess-a-diabolical-press-conference-covid-panic-and-tds-skittering-like-ninepins-39535016.html
    What a mess: A diabolical press conference, Covid panic and TDs skittering like ninepins

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/living-with-covid-chaos-cabinet-virus-scare-and-a-second-wave-gathers-strength-as-stricter-nphet-advice-looms-for-dublin-39535013.html
    Living with Covid' chaos: Cabinet virus scare and a second wave gathers strength as stricter Nphet advice looms for Dublin

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/if-this-is-governments-level-best-it-is-badly-in-need-of-a-clarity-vaccine-39533293.html
    If this is Government's level best, it is badly in need of a clarity vaccine

Oh I see

:D:D:D But but but...

They are all from 1 paper too! :D

Perfect clarity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well they all have excuses now obviously.
    The next few years will be just trying to rebuild an economy hopefully and getting over the covid shock.
    With a 20 to 30 billion deficit after this year I can't see it becoming house build heaven for a few years no matter whose in.

It is meaningless to people. Their 'economy' was rebuilt in tandem with record breaking year on year crisis. I suspect why Brexit didn't give them the expected bump, neither will bringing their economy back from Covid, not if it means the lot of the average tax payer continues to spiral with further housing and health crises. Yes, a good dose of austerity to bring the important Clifden types back from the abyss, (their abyss being lower profits) and expecting an electoral pat on the back while the working tax payer gets the thumb screws...can't see it working out well for them and hope to hell it doesn't.

Kelly reckons 2 mill a year on advisors for the Keystone Cops we call a cabinet. Would they not use them? I mean floundering under not adhering to their own advice ffs. 'There's a pandemic, I don't feel well, I'm minister for health, sure **** it, I'll go in any way, might get me mug in the papers'.

Debenhams is the latest and not the last. They need bring in the recommendations from the Cleary's aftermath to curtail any further liquidations of convenience under the dark of night. And IF they decide to get involved it should be to show empathy for those left behind not spinning lies to dismiss their calls for support.

FF sold off a lot of social housing to private profits. FG have been cynical and heartless in their drive to fill the pockets of private rental and build to rent entities. It didn't work out for the tax payer or the crises but they persist.
    Covid will supply some cover but for a shorter period than they think.
    These wretched individuals FF/FG need to get to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bowie wrote: »
    It is meaningless to people. Their 'economy' was rebuilt in tandem with record breaking year on year crisis. I suspect why Brexit didn't give them the expected bump, neither will bringing their economy back from Covid, not if it means the lot of the average tax payer continues to spiral with further housing and health crises. Yes, a good dose of austerity to bring the important Clifden types back from the abyss, (their abyss being lower profits) and expecting an electoral pat on the back while the working tax payer gets the thumb screws...can't see it working out well for them and hope to hell it doesn't.

Kelly reckons 2 mill a year on advisors for the Keystone Cops we call a cabinet. Would they not use them? I mean floundering under not adhering to their own advice ffs. 'There's a pandemic, I don't feel well, I'm minister for health, sure **** it, I'll go in any way, might get me mug in the papers'.

Debenhams is the latest and not the last. They need bring in the recommendations from the Cleary's aftermath to curtail any further liquidations of convenience under the dark of night. And IF they decide to get involved it should be to show empathy for those left behind not spinning lies to dismiss their calls for support.

FF sold off a lot of social housing to private profits. FG have been cynical and heartless in their drive to fill the pockets of private rental and build to rent entities. It didn't work out for the tax payer or the crises but they persist.
    Covid will supply some cover but for a shorter period than they think.
    These wretched individuals FF/FG need to get to ****.

This is just a random series of gripes and complaints with no cohesive point. It’s like a Gene Kerrigan reject article.

This is just a random series of gripes and complaints with no cohesive point. It’s like a Gene Kerrigan reject article.

No golf today? Thanks for finding the time to chip in with your non comment. Is this the online bullying Vardakar does be whinging about? You were at me in the other FG thread too. 'men always men' right?
    I know it's difficult to try discuss seemingly complex issues but maybe throw in a comment on the topic.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0916/1165544-covid-summit/
    The Acting Chief Medical Officer has said of the Government's Living with Covid-19 plan that "it's unfortunate that the plan was published at a time at which the trajectory of the virus is changing in this country".

Speaking at the Global Ireland 2020 Summit from Dublin, Dr Ronan Glynn said the authorities "tried to be more nuanced and we try to be as proportionate as possible in the measures" but as part of that "it does lead to confusion".

Don't know why you posted a link without any comment on it but thank you for doing so. I did notice one very enlightening quotation from it:

"Dr Glynn said he believes the messaging is very clear"

Some of the anguished commentary on here from confused, disorientated and consequently angry posters reminds me of a quote from A.A.Milne

"For I am a bear of very little brain, and long words bother me.”

If the messaging is very clear to Dr. Glynn, why not to the rest of you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Don't know why you posted a link without any comment on it but thank you for doing so. I did notice one very enlightening quotation from it:

Some of the anguished commentary on here from confused, disorientated and consequently angry posters reminds me of a quote from A.A.Milne

It is clear Dr. Glynn is not a idiot

Nothing whatsoever to do with the 'message' blanch - however much you protest - everything to do with the messengers.
    They messed it up again. spectacularly, according to everyone but, curiously enough, the fanboys and girls on here.

Nice try Blanch. He said the messaging around preventing Covid is clear but the new plan from FFG was not clear during the press conference yesterday. It was so confusing that they were updating it after the press conference. You might have read about the chaos in the papers ;)
    Speaking at the Global Ireland 2020 Summit from Dublin, Dr Ronan Glynn said the authorities "tried to be more nuanced and we try to be as proportionate as possible in the measures" but as part of that "it does lead to confusion".

Simple question for you (even though I expect you to avoid it): What level are the wet pubs in Dublin at from Sept 21?

I just need a number (1 to 5 with one decimal point will suffice)

Nothing whatsoever to do with the 'message' blanch - however much you protest - everything to do with the messengers.
    They messed it up again. spectacularly, according to everyone but, curiously enough, the fanboys and girls on here.

Neither myself nor Dr. Glynn have any trouble understanding the message, so don't think that any lack of understanding is down to the messenger, more likely the recipient has a problem.

Nice try Blanch. He said the messaging around preventing Covid is clear but the new plan from FFG was not clear during the press conference yesterday. It was so confusing that they were updating it after the press conference. You might have read about the chaos in the papers ;)

Simple question for you (even though I expect you to avoid it): What level are the wet pubs in Dublin at from Sept 21?

I just need a number (1 to 5 with one decimal point will suffice)

At the moment the pubs in Dublin are closed, like all of the pubs in the country, even though all of the country is on Level 2. So you could ask the same question of all of the pubs in the country today, rather than Dublin pubs next week.

The reason for that is the difference between the long-term plan and the current situation, and that you have to manage appropriately a transition from the current situation to the long-term plan. Most of the country slots immediately into Level 2. Dublin is in a curious situation in that as part of the transition, it is not immediately clear whether it should be in Level 2 or Level 3.

Simple enough once you apply a little bit of brain to it. Sure it wasn't explained very well, but I quickly grasped what was going on.

• Advertisement

At the moment the pubs in Dublin are closed, like all of the pubs in the country, even though all of the country is on Level 2. So you could ask the same question of all of the pubs in the country today, rather than Dublin pubs next week.

The reason for that is the difference between the long-term plan and the current situation, and that you have to manage appropriately a transition from the current situation to the long-term plan. Most of the country slots immediately into Level 2. Dublin is in a curious situation in that as part of the transition, it is not immediately clear whether it should be in Level 2 or Level 3.

Simple enough once you apply a little bit of brain to it. Sure it wasn't explained very well, but I quickly grasped what was going on.

Wrong. I asked for a single number and you give me all that waffle.

The answer for wet pubs in Dublin now and after Sept 21 is Level 5

You clearly don't understand the new plan Blanch ;)

Let me explain....

Level 5 for wet pubs is Take Away only. Level 2 for wet pubs is groups of 6 from 3 households.

Dublin is on Level 2 (or 2+), and the wet pubs can't open. On the same day they announce the plan they don't follow it.

Neither myself nor Dr. Glynn have any trouble understanding the message, so don't think that any lack of understanding is down to the messenger, more likely the recipient has a problem.

:D:D

Keep spinning it...keep ignoring yesterday, pretend it didn't happen - blame everyone else, well done blanch.

Maybe if Leo, Michael and Stephen butted out and left it to NPHET...would that save blushes do you think?

Seems sleepy Eamo has issue:
    Yesterday, Green Party leader and Minister for Transport Eamon Ryan acknowledged that there were contradictions in the advice relating to limits on indoor gatherings compared with schools having classes of 20-30 pupils.
    link

Didn't apply "a little bit of brain to it" I suppose.

:D:D

Keep spinning it...keep ignoring yesterday, pretend it didn't happen - blame everyone else, well done blanch.

Maybe if Leo, Michael and Stephen butted out and left it to NPHET...would that save blushes do you think?

But you built a wall Francie...so, something.... :rolleyes:

All started to go off the rails when they started to tweak the advice. '2.5' :)

Wrong. I asked for a single number and you give me all that waffle.

The answer for wet pubs in Dublin now and after Sept 21 is Level 5

You clearly don't understand the new plan Blanch ;)

Let me explain....

Level 5 for wet pubs is Take Away only. Level 2 for wet pubs is groups of 6 from 3 households.

Dublin is on Level 2 (or 2+), and the wet pubs can't open. On the same day they announce the plan they don't follow it.

You have just proven that you don't understand about transition. I have explained it clearly.

Any new plan just doesn't get implemented in full on Day 1. That never happens in business, in sport, in government, in culture, anywhere, except it seems in your head.

Anyone who thinks they might be infected or have been in contact with someone who may have been infected should not pull a Donnelly.

#pulladonnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Bowie wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks they might be infected or have been in contact with someone who may have been infected should not pull a Donnelly.

#pulladonnelly

does he have a sister?

You have just proven that you don't understand about transition. I have explained it clearly.

Any new plan just doesn't get implemented in full on Day 1. That never happens in business, in sport, in government, in culture, anywhere, except it seems in your head.

Spoofer :D I clearly have you a date of Sept 21. You were wrong!
    Transition indeed. It's great craic!

Heather Humphey's all over the place on Drivetime at the moment.

More confusion and ad hoc arrangements nobody seems to be aware of,

• Advertisement

Heather Humphey's all over the place on Drivetime at the moment.

More confusion and ad hoc arrangements nobody seems to be aware of,

Sure she'll pass a letter on for you without reading it, for animal abusers too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement