Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

What's the gut feeling here?

Will it get passed the members of each party?

I think it will

Though it will likely cause fractures in the big 2 leading to.much internal strife,eamonn ryan is on borrowed time anyway,and next generation greens are headed much different direction....so they will likely use this to purge/curtail him and followers from party

(Though 2022 will see the 100 year rule lapse on anglo-irish negociations and will lay bare how much bullsh1t civil war politics was built on,should make for an interesting mid term local elections :) )

Id be amazed to see it make a 3rd budget though and wouldnt put money in it making the full 5 years.....great oul drama all in all

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

FG will pass it. FF probably will. The Greens won’t.

Tend to agree with that now.

Seems the greens are revolting.

Begs the question, was Eamonn trying to avoid the blame for another election too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

She is right to protect her resources after years of kicking this can down the road.

Of course she is! For a TD like her, resources are what it's all about!

And for a completely useless, stammering nincompoop like her, who has achieved the square root of SFA during her 13 years of preaching from her smug, holier than thou, mé féin pulpit, the accumulation of over 13 years of TD's salary (plus expenses) represents a pretty impressive trough of resources.

(I note that she was 66 last year, so she's probably trousering the State Contributory Pension too, the hypocritical parasite.)

Don't make me puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Of course she is! For a TD like her, resources are what it's all about!

And for a completely useless, stammering nincompoop like her, who has achieved the square root of SFA during her 13 years of preaching from her smug, holier than thou, mé féin pulpit, the accumulation of over 13 years of TD's salary (plus expenses) represents a pretty impressive trough of resources.

(I note that she was 66 last year, so she's probably trousering the State Contributory Pension too, the hypocritical parasite.)

Don't make me puke.

What's with the personal attacks? Don't be so crass. Trolls like you have a direct impact on the amount of women who get involved in politics in Ireland imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    What's with the personal attacks? Don't be so crass. Trolls like you have a direct impact on the amount of women who get involved in politics in Ireland imo.
    Her gender is irrelevant. Don't be a screecher.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Her gender is irrelevant. Don't be a screecher.

I'm yet to see any male politician have their weight/age used as ammunition against their political performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I'm yet to see any male politician have their weight/age used as ammunition against their political performance.

brian cowen - the BIFFO acronym , multiple attacks on Michael D over his age, jack chambers for being 'too young' those just off the top of my head, there are lots more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What's the gut feeling here?

Will it get passed the members of each party?

It will be passed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FF will be the big losers, Martin's desperation to be Taoiseach is embarrassing

No worse than Enda "I want to be the only FG Taoiseach to get a second term!" Kenny

Even if it means last minute deals with the likes of Zappone, Ross and the rest of the ineffective bunch we got. The country effectively stagnated politically for the last several years - easy-win distracting social referenda aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

In comparison to the UK and US, anybody would look good during Covid 19.

I agree on the smugness part, Alot of the votes SF got where because they could see the media and RTEs agenda, keep SF out at all costs. It backfired and will continue too until people realise SF is now one of the top dogs in Irelands politics.

Dogs indeed.

So smugness is worse than murder

• Advertisement

Come on now....

Look at Leo who cant even have a beer at the weekend without a load of plonkers complaining about him

Even the PBP plonkers started putting up comments because of a jacket he wore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The Greens won’t.

I'm not sure. A lot of talk the last time Greens went into government about party members rejecting the move and in the end it sailed through their conference. Prospect of a place at the cabinet table is a big draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Tend to agree with that now.

Seems the greens are revolting.

Begs the question, was Eamonn trying to avoid the blame for another election too

Well I think the Greens are the ones most likely to upset the apple cart (or apple tart as a former colleague of mine used to say). I certainly don't relish another election in the next couple of months and the Greens can kiss the chance of regaining their 12 seats goodbye.

Did..... did you not see the criticism of bertie, cowen etc? The crude painting of cowen, the whole "biffo" name, the criticism of michael d?

I think you're ignoring events that dont suit your agenda tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I'm not sure. A lot of talk the last time Greens went into government about party members rejecting the move and in the end it sailed through their conference. Prospect of a place at the cabinet table is a big draw

Ryan would sell his mother to be "a Minister". Sadly he leads a group of fantasists to whom virtue signalling and righteous finger wagging are the guiding principal. Plus they know that they have no practical solution to any real problems. I think they may well shaft him. Then FG can call another election cos it wont be their fault. Think the Greens will not do well then. Hard to know how others will do. You would think the Covid 19 would make people realise that grown ups should be in charge - or at least someone who can make something other than a bomb but who knows

ELM327 wrote: »
    Did..... did you not see the criticism of bertie, cowen etc? The crude painting of cowen, the whole "biffo" name, the criticism of michael d?

I think you're ignoring events that dont suit your agenda tbh.

I don't have an agenda, lol. I was referring to this thread specifically, in response to the poster who had commented on the particular abovementioned TD several times in a derogatory manner. You seem awfully invested in justifying such remarks? You sporting a lil chip on your shoulder big man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Depends what percentage of the NI Greens vote

Well on the news at 1 they were saying about 700 NI members out of a total of about 2,500 or so members so between 25 and 30%, why would any of those 700 have the best interests of this country in mind?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    No worse than Enda "I want to be the only FG Taoiseach to get a second term!" Kenny

Even if it means last minute deals with the likes of Zappone, Ross and the rest of the ineffective bunch we got. The country effectively stagnated politically for the last several years - easy-win distracting social referenda aside.

As opposed to what?

Why on earth would you have any time for a political party who were not "desperate for power". It is their entire reason d'etre. If they are not in power they are not implementing anything. Parties that wait for majority control to maintain ideologically pure power will be waiting forever and get nothing done.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    As opposed to what?

Why on earth would you have any time for a political party who were not "desperate for power". It is their entire reason d'etre. If they are not in power they are not implementing anything. Parties that wait for majority control to maintain ideologically pure power will be waiting forever and get nothing done.

The point was that it's a bit rich to criticise MM for wanting the job when Enda did everything he could to ensure he'd set his own personal "record".

Arguably causing a lot more damage in the process if we look at the seat numbers from then to now.

I don't have an agenda, lol. I was referring to this thread specifically, in response to the poster who had commented on the particular abovementioned TD several times in a derogatory manner. You seem awfully invested in justifying such remarks? You sporting a lil chip on your shoulder big man?
    No, you're the screecher bringing in gender.
    She's a moron, and that is applicable regardless of what's between her legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Seamai wrote: »
    Well I think the Greens are the ones most likely to upset the apple cart (or apple tart as a former colleague of mine used to say). I certainly don't relish another election in the next couple of months and the Greens can kiss the chance of regaining their 12 seats goodbye.
    I think they will be dragged screaming over the line. It's a choice of not quite enough green policies versus none at all. If they turn it down there is a risk of them being sidelined completely. I agree on the seats in a new election, they would slip back and everyone else would nick their policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Well on the news at 1 they were saying about 700 NI members out of a total of about 2,500 or so members so between 25 and 30%, why would any of those 700 have the best interests of this country in mind?

They consider it to be their country too so, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yurt! wrote: »
    I'd know quite a few Green Party members and activists across the country. None of them have a bee in their bonnet about SF like our good friend Blanch. And none of them harbour fantastical and poisonous views about fake homeless people and spongers in A&E pretending they're sick.

Blanch is a member of the Greens as much as I'm a member of the Nepalese Communist Party.

I know many a sound FG'er. My aunt's best pal canvasses for them. A friend of mine's sister is a FG TD. I gave them a vote in 2011, (and previously to that). This whole PR dirt attempt at degrading and categorising the electorate based on the way they vote is abhorrent. It's the kind of nasty behaviour went beyond Kenny's 'whingers' comment we've seen take hold with those who will defend FG tooth and nail in the last few years. It's divisive and nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

:D:D:D Think about that for a second. Get a map out and look at what we are.

The point was that it's a bit rich to criticise MM for wanting the job when Enda did everything he could to ensure he'd set his own personal "record".

Arguably causing a lot more damage in the process if we look at the seat numbers from then to now.

Its seems every party leaderin Ireland wants to be Taoiseach except for Mary Lou :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

In comparison to the UK and US, anybody would look good during Covid 19.

I agree on the smugness part, Alot of the votes SF got where because they could see the media and RTEs agenda, keep SF out at all costs. It backfired and will continue too until people realise SF is now one of the top dogs in Irelands politics.

Maybe but they don't do well on transfers in some areas, the SF lad here in Galway East got 7000 first preferences and then had nowhere to go after that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Fine, I don't think he is any "worse". 50 seats and the largest party was obviously a better mandate to be Taoiseach but its much of a muchness. Not really sure how on earth either is causing damage though. They are doing what they can with the make up of the Dáil that the Irish people gave them.

The opposition to all this should probably spend their time coming up with an alternative coalition. It has been on the table in both previous Dáils if they so wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

FG will pass it. FF probably will. The Greens won’t.

Don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things, but YFG are revolting too.

Youth wing of Fine Gael says it will vote against government deal

https://twitter.com/yfg/status/1273201836829421568?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Its seems every party leaderin Ireland wants to be Taoiseach except for Mary Lou :P:P:P

You were slagging her for thinking she might be only yesterday.
    Shefwedfan wrote: »

it's unfortunate folk are dragging your thread into a SF thread huh?
    If all you have is a dislike for SF, I suggest you seek out a party you like. Get into something positive. We've FF/FG/Greens possibly forming a government. Is all they have going for them not being SF? It's just you don't seem interested in anything outside of feverishly posting on SF.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things, but YFG are revolting too.

Youth wing of Fine Gael says it will vote against government deal]

That's an interesting one.. the future of the party publicly and vocally rejecting the position of their own?

It's hard to argue with them - especially on the SF being the ultimate winner point. I also like the "equality of opportunity not outcome" line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement