Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

They were dealt with. Deep cleaning and new work practices. But, as the principal of the school said, personal responsibility has to come in to play.

How can someone express personal responsibility if they don't have the finances to stay off work sick due to barely legal work practices? And as with keelings are we sure that they're not staying in the companies shared accommodation?

smurgen wrote: »
    How can someone express personal responsibility if they don't have the finances to stay off work sick due to barely legal work practices? And as with keelings are we sure that they're not staying in the companies shared accommodation?

In that case, personal responsibility would dictate that they leave that employment. People will be abused only if they allow it.

As regards shared accommodation, this is from the Oireachtas website 70% lived in rented family accommodation. 28% live with coworkers and 3 shared a room with a coworker. It also found that the majority of workers were employed directly by the employer. The problem regarding shared accommodation, terms and conditions are contract workers and it’s only right that their situations are addressed. Regarding sick pay, very few employers in the private sector pay sick pay.

I can’t seem to copy and paste text or a link from this machine, so Google will get it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

The Govt knew about the cases, They never forced the factory to close until inspections, cleaning took place.

You can defend them all you want but they failed here.

I’m not defending the government

I am saying people need to take some personal responsibility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    I’m not defending the government

I am saying people need to take some personal responsibility.

The owner of this meat plant didn't. Its the Govts and HSEs job to come down hard on him but he will be loaded and nothing will happen

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1306534338717245441?s=19

Dublin will now be 3.5, 3 and a bit or even - 4

This 1 to 5 stages is really working out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1306534338717245441?s=19

Dublin will now be 3.5, 3 and a bit or even - 4

This 1 to 5 stages is really working out

One of the NPHET guys (Nolan?) on radio this morning saying the 25 limit on indoor gatherings under stage 3 wasn't stringent enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So we are moving away from Dawn Meats? At least you stuck around fair play.

More dithering and capitulating to vested interests.
    A child could see what needed to be done in Dublin, but apparently their economic viability is more important than the economic viability of the rest of the country.

When i read about that Berlin boozer and saw the video and how nothing was going to be done I figured something was up. It seems NPHET gave recommendations yet meat plant crawling with Covid were allowed continue with business as usual too. It smacks of cronyism IMO.

The owner of this meat plant didn't. Its the Govts and HSEs job to come down hard on him but he will be loaded and nothing will happen

So far you have failed to blame anyone but the government

What you are looking for is a government who have control of every person in the country and nobody can do anything without approval from the government

That’s called a dictatorship, can we agree that nobody wants that to happen? No matter which party is in control

In that case, personal responsibility would dictate that they leave that employment. People will be abused only if they allow it.

As regards shared accommodation, this is from the Oireachtas website 70% lived in rented family accommodation. 28% live with coworkers and 3 shared a room with a coworker. It also found that the majority of workers were employed directly by the employer. The problem regarding shared accommodation, terms and conditions are contract workers and it’s only right that their situations are addressed. Regarding sick pay, very few employers in the private sector pay sick pay.

I can’t seem to copy and paste text or a link from this machine, so Google will get it for you.

So the cabinet should have resigned from government upon hearing about Donnelly? Maybe he shouldn't have been ignoring health advice during a pandemic, him the health minister ffs.

These people aren't being shipped to Ireland and carted in like cattle because they enjoy it. People need take responsibility, that includes the people in charge of the country. Would you think a Restaurant with rats running about the place was on you to just stop eating there or something should be done? These people are allowing Covid spread during a pandemic to make a few bob. That should not be allowed. Putting the onus on the workers is typical FG Tory cop out. That's despicable spin quite frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So you're saying the government shouldn't regulate and employees are responsible for their own safety of they are injured or made sick at work? Do I have this right?

Bowie wrote: »
    So the cabinet should have resigned from government upon hearing about Donnelly? Maybe he shouldn't have been ignoring health advice during a pandemic, him the health minister ffs.

These people aren't being shipped to Ireland and carted in like cattle because they enjoy it. People need take responsibility, that includes the people in charge of the country. Would you think a Restaurant with rats running about the place was on you to just stop eating there or something should be done? These people are allowing Covid spread during a pandemic to make a few bob. That should not be allowed. Putting the onus on the workers is typical FG Tory cop out. Disgusting spin quite frankly.

I don’t think that the government ministers are unhappy with the conditions of their employment! They acted swiftly and correctly when one of them showed symptoms.
    Who are being shipped to Ireland like cattle? A touch hysteria there.
    The people responsible for the spread of Covid are those who are ignoring guidelines.

I don’t think that the government ministers are unhappy with the conditions of their employment! They acted swiftly and correctly when one of them showed symptoms.
    The people responsible for the spread of Covid are those who are ignoring guidelines.

You have no idea how these meat workers get here and are treated when here do you?

I'd say it's more a case of you know but couldn't care

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

When i read about that Berlin boozer and saw the video and how nothing was going to be done I figured something was up. It seems NPHET gave recommendations yet meat plant crawling with Covid were allowed continue with business as usual too. It smacks of cronyism IMO.

My cynicism about FF and FG and big business goes back to the Beef Tribunal Bowie.
    I worked in the Beef Industry in a former life and paid close attention to the tribunal and knew the only person jailed as a result of the tribunal of inquiry - for not revealing sources.
    A disgrace and a lot of the principal players still involved.

My cynicism about FF and FG and big business goes back to the Beef Tribunal Bowie.
    I worked in the Beef Industry in a former life and paid close attention to the tribunal and knew the only person jailed as a result of the tribunal of inquiry - for not revealing sources.

When asked during Leaders Questions, Leo basically said HSE advice so says its there fault Meat Plants still orpn basically.

Wonder what they HSE have to say

smurgen wrote: »
    So you're saying the government shouldn't regulate and employees are responsible for their own safety of they are injured or made sick at work? Do I have this right?

Regulations are already in place. Plenty of them. Companies also have regulatory bodies. At the end of the day no matter what regulations are in place in any industry if the person is unwilling to abide by these they will fail.

If someone feels sick they should not attend work. Doesn't matter if you earn 2 euro an hour or 20k an hour. Blaming the government or the owner of a company for someone else's been iresponsible is a bit "short sighted" in my opinion.

What exactly are Sinn Fein or any party going to do to stop people who want to act like an idiot and risk other peoples lives?

You can note I am not saying the government are correct here. I am just wondering what people are saying is the alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

You have no idea how these meat workers get here and are treated when here do you?

Can you let us know how they get here, how they are treated and who is forcing them into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Agree. The Goodman FF connection goes back to the government export insurance which we all paid for back in the day. Not sure what the connection is now but have heard one very dodgy story re covid and workers in one meat plant but didn't get the location or owner. Basically covid was running through the place and the owners response was to dose all the foreign workers up on nurofen and keep them working.

Hope this is a myth but nothing would surprise me. Don't think the FF connection is as strong now but the meat industry seems to be a bit wild westy and has been for years. There should definitely be some more regular policing

I'd say it's more a case of you know but couldn't care

I would expect the majority of them get here on a plane.

They are to blame....they have made a complete balls of opening the country

That factory involved (51 cases now),is still.open.......

People are going to die in waterford,due to the absolute mess they have made of this virus.....they gave shown fcuk all leadership or guidence,all summer we looking at cars and holiday makers swanning about here as no infections about here,while dublin was rampant,and ffg encouraging this fcuking farce

...now we are paying the price for ffg stupidity

No you are paying for the stupidity of people. I am not sure how you don't understand it?

Ireland along with many countries is based on free will, people can do what they want. Unless the government made it illegal to leave home or travel from one county to another then you can do what you want. If they tried to make it illegal I can imagine the uproar.

The only ones to blame are people. Simple as that. If people decided to go to work when sick then they are to blame. If people decided to go on holidays then they are to blame.

I am sure if I go into the post history from some of the people including yourself you will find posts about how you disregarded the guidelines because "nobody tell me what the f**k to do". Just look at any of the government posts etc on social media, look at the quantity of people saying they will disregard.

The government havent covered themselves in glory but at the end of the day if people want to be stupid, they will be stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No you are paying for the stupidity of people. I am not sure how you don't understand it?

Ireland along with many countries is based on free will, people can do what they want. Unless the government made it illegal to leave home or travel from one county to another then you can do what you want. If they tried to make it illegal I can imagine the uproar.

The only ones to blame are people. Simple as that. If people decided to go to work when sick then they are to blame. If people decided to go on holidays then they are to blame.

I am sure if I go into the post history from some of the people including yourself you will find posts about how you disregarded the guidelines because "nobody tell me what the f**k to do". Just look at any of the government posts etc on social media, look at the quantity of people saying they will disregard.

The government havent covered themselves in glory but at the end of the day if people want to be stupid, they will be stupid.

In relation to these workers, saying 'personal responsibility is the answer' is like saying that Magdelene Laundry inmates should have had the personal responsibility to get out of their situation.

Go inform yourself and then preach.

They have made a cùnt of opening the country....lies,lies,lies is all they do...claiming ti testing all at airports,near on zero done....claiming to do 100K tests a day,after 6 months testing,still only at a million tests.....encouraging staycations in place of keeping virus localised and spreading it all over country instead

Go through my post history all yous want....im not to blame for the absolute shambles ffg have created here.....

51 cases and not a word from any minister or offial to call for granny to be closed....millions upon millions spent on PR firms and fcuk all commonsense between one of em.....

Waterford is headed for a lockdown,and its ffg incompetence has led us here....day and night on tv,giving mixed unclear messages (that 5pint plan is a shambles,day 1 and they broke it)and this is where it has led us.....dozen of people,who otherwise would be alive will be dead by xmas over these pure useless cùnts.....

and all they will do is fcuking lie and blame everyone else,but themselves......pure and utter fcukin farce

He should not have gone to work if he suspected he might have it. Very simple. On your logic the cabinet should have resigned if working in an unsafe environment. If they all had caught it it would have been their own fault right, not Donnelly's?

A touch of Covid more like.
    I was speaking on the crammed buses ferrying them to work. We've seen the photos.

When a company is willfully neglecting best practice and knowingly enabling the spread of Covid among it's workforce, Government or a health division, need to step in. There are people desperate enough to work in all kinds of conditions and employers greedy enough to take advantage of that. This particular issue relates to public health.

He should not have gone to work if he suspected he might have it. Very simple. On your logic the cabinet should have resigned if working in an unsafe environment. If they all had caught it it would have been their own fault right, not Donnelly's?

I was speaking on the crammed buses ferrying them to work. We've seen the photos.

When a company is willfully neglecting best practice and knowingly enabling the spread of Covid among it's workforce, Government or a health division, need to step in. There are people desperate enough to work in all kinds of conditions and employers greedy enough to take advantage of that. This particular issue relates to public health.

How exactly is it in a companies interest to spread covid and knock out it entire work force?

If the entire companies is out of work, the place is shut down and they have the HSE all over them is that not a bigger issue? they could be put out of business altogether and end up with employees put in claims against them

Some people really need to cop on a bit

When asked during Leaders Questions, Leo basically said HSE advice so says its there fault Meat Plants still orpn basically.

Wonder what they HSE have to say

Government has nothing to do with, nor hold over the HSE...as per some lads on here.

Varadkar saying they never told the Meat plants to stay open is a disgrace. Somebody needs to look after the public interest. If a restaurant has poor hygiene it gets closed. We've meat plants with Covid clusters and all our representatives can say is, 'well we never told them to stay open'. Farce.
    This is senior hurling is it?

He didn’t feel ill until the afternoon and acted swiftly. He took personal responsibility and informed his colleagues.

In relation to these workers, saying 'personal responsibility is the answer' is like saying that Magdelene Laundry inmates should have had the personal responsibility to get out of their situation.

Who are these workers?

Who is holding them against their will?

Why don’t they need to take personal responsibility?

Asking for people to take responsibity for their own actions is "preaching"

He didn’t feel ill until the afternoon and acted swiftly. He took personal responsibility and informed his colleagues.

Something that a few people on here seem incapable of doing without the government telling them what to do.

Didn't know Ireland was full of a group of babies.

• Advertisement

Who forced these people onto that bus?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement