Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Its into the secondary schools in waterford now,aparently direct from a confirmed case at meat factory.....fcuk sake,probably be 1000 plus cases here,by end of the month

How many schools?

Can you back up your apparently and probably, or is just spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bowie wrote: »
    Government has nothing to do with, nor hold over the HSE...as per some lads on here.

Varadkar saying they never told the Meat plants to stay open is a disgrace. Somebody needs to look after the public interest. If a restaurant has poor hygiene it gets closed. We've meat plants with Covid clusters and all our representatives can say is, 'well we never told them to stay open'. Farce.
    This is senior hurling is it?

This set up will see NPHET thrown under the bus in time. They've engineered a nice structure to be try distance themselves from responsibility.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1306323747507507202?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

atticu wrote: »
    Who forced these people onto that bus?

Employers who put profits and productivity ahead of public health, and threaten to fire or reprimand anyone who doesn’t act as if we’re not in a global crisis and get themselves to their desk on time come what may?

There are plenty of stories of people threatened with disciplinerary action for failing to show up on time or taking a day off even if it means risking catching and/or spreading the virus. To act as if these people should just put themselves under threat of eviction due to not being able to pay their rent or mortgage while the unbelievably slow complaints process of the WRC takes place is utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Something that a few people on here seem incapable of doing without the government telling them what to do.

Didn't know Ireland was full of a group of babies.

Wait until you hear the story about a FG TD whom tried to sue a Dublin based business because (wair for it........) "There wasn't signs up with instructions on how to safely operate" a swing she fell off while trying to sit on it with drinks in each of her hands.

I'm not making this up.

The poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Asking for people to take responsibity for their own actions is "preaching"

Yes, because you seem to be either willfully or blissfully unaware of the situation these workers are in.

Go inform yourself.

• Advertisement

Employers who put profits and productivity ahead of public health, and threaten to fire or reprimand anyone who doesn’t act as if we’re not in a global crisis and get themselves to their desk on time come what may?

There are plenty of stories of people threatened with disciplinerary action for failing to show up on time or taking a day off even if it means risking catching and/or spreading the virus. To act as if these people should just put themselves under threat of eviction due to not being able to pay their rent or mortgage while the unbelievably slow complaints process of the WRC takes place is utterly ridiculous.

So nobody forced them.

Thank you.

So nobody forced them.

Thank you.

So you are poor before you got here, you are at the mercy of your employer. You are stranded in a foreign country without work or a way to survive and there are probably others at home dependent on you. How brave would you be? Any shred of empathy in you at all?

Word here where there is a major plant and an outbreak is that it was the local pharmacy who raised the alarm because of the surge in paracetamol sales. Shocking that these people are so abandoned that they are medicating to mask the fact they are sick.

So you are poor before you got here, you are at the mercy of your employer. You are stranded in a foreign country without work or a way to survive and there are probably others at home dependent on you. How brave would you be? Any shred of empathy in you at all?

Word here where there is a major plant and an outbreak is that it was the local pharmacy who raised the alarm because of the surge in paracetamol sales. Shocking that these people are so abandoned that they are medicating to mask the fact they are sick.

My understanding is that they were not forced to come to Ireland.
    They chose to come to Ireland.
    Are you one of these workers?
    If not, then you don’t know their situations, are are not in a position to comment.
    No one abandoned these people, that might be what you think, but it is not true, even though you are trying to portray it as a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

My understanding is that they were not forced to come to Ireland.
    They chose to come to Ireland.
    Are you one of these workers?
    If not, then you don’t know their situations, are are not in a position to comment.
    No one abandoned these people, that might be what you think, but it is not true, even though you are trying to portray it as a fact.

Yes I do know their situations, we have a population of almost 100 here, mostly Brazilian and Eastern European.. At least half of them are here because of poverty at home. They have borrowed to be here and are supporting families at home. The rest are here because of the employment prospects at home not by choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Angry man is in the Dail complaining about the latest boogeyman - Meat Barons - who supposedly have a hold over FG and FF.

In response Varadkar stressed that "the government supports any decision to close a business, meat plant, school or anything else if that is the right thing to do in public health terms."

That puts that to rest then. Posters over the last couple of pages have aligned their view with that of the Tanaiste. I'm sure they are pleased.

The ulsaline....lad in work daughter geos there....traced to manager

So, you don’t know if it is more than one school, or where the infection came from.

Fair enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The simple 1 2 3 4 5 plan which will be updated every 2 weeks.

Started Weds 16th with Dublin not at 2 but not just 3 but not 2.5
    Fri 17th Dublin are 3 but not really 3 a bit higher but not 4

Yes I do know their situations, we have a population of almost 100 here, mostly Brazilian and Eastern European.. At least half of them are here because of poverty at home. They have borrowed to be here and are supporting families at home. The rest are here because of the employment prospects at home not by choice.

So, someone did force them to come to Ireland.
    Have you informed the Garda?

The Beef Tribunal concluded that tax evasion occurred at Goodman International and shone a light on widespread improper relationships between the beef industry, particularly Goodman, and the government. However, no criminal charges were brought, aside from the journalist Susan O'Keefe who was charged and acquitted for not revealing sources.

Though not directly charged with wrongdoing, Albert Reynolds's government was ultimately brought down by the fallout of the Beef Tribunal.

Ten years later, Fintan O'Toole commented that while a "shocking set of scandals" were uncovered (including the aforementioned tax evasion, fraud, and theft), "virtually nothing happened", eroding public trust in the system.

I do know....its daughter of manager out of granny tested positive,hardly need mensa material to know its close contact...

.its confirmed also in the DLS school aswell.....this is widely reported??

If it is widely reported, can you please link to some of these reports.

So, someone did force them to come to Ireland.
    Have you informed the Garda?

How do you arrest 'circumstances'.

Look...carry on being an apologist. People who cannot emphatise, and who pretend, because it suits their defensive stance, that these people are in the same situation as ordinary workers are devoid of humanity. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mother Theresa is only trotting after you Francie.

Champion of the downtrodden, the derelicts, the hard done by, the tossers and the gamers.

Mother Theresa is only trotting after you Francie.

Champion of the downtrodden, the derelicts, the hard done by, the tossers and the gamers.

Not surprised you fell for Mother Theresa's hollow act.

I watch how these people are existing Brendan. You or I wouldn't do it, because we don't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Was this not the same rubbish when people hadn't a clue about the workers for Keelings?

How do you arrest 'circumstances'.

Look...carry on being an apologist. People who cannot emphatise, and who pretend, because it suits their defensive stance, that these people are in the same situation as ordinary workers are devoid of humanity. Carry on.

So now you are saying that they here by choice.

Please make up your mind.

If they are here by choice, they are not exempt from personal responsibility.

And, in turn, their personal responsibility (or lack of) is not the government fault.

One thing that you have done is show that you have no idea of these peoples situation.

I don’t have a defensive stance, you do.

Thank you for those links.

If you could post the links showing that these pupils contracted the virus from a meat factory worker, I would appreciate that.

Anybody hear Jack Chambers get slaughtered there on Drivetime?

Cringe stuff again from a government member. Would not answer the question which was repeated multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Thank you for those links.

If you could post the links showing that these pupils contracted the virus from a meat factory worker, I would appreciate that.

Would you also like their personal medical records as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Floppybits wrote: »
    Would you also like their personal medical records as well?

Funny how the burden of proof seems to be so light on these very posters when they're making accusations against SF.

Cringe stuff again from a government member. Would not answer the question which was repeated multiple times.

Standard response from members of any government and the reason why people get p**sed off with them. They could do with a bit of straight talking whether it's good or bad.

Politicians in this country are cowards, afraid of saying the wrong thing. Where as a bit more honesty would go along way towards restoring the trust of the public.

Let me guess - questions on Covid plan?

Unlikable man, pity I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Who forced these people onto that bus?

A meat plant has cases of Covid. It's continuing to operate and no public representative or state body is doing anything. Do you think it's acceptable?

• Advertisement

Let me guess - questions on Covid plan?

Unlikable man, pity I missed it.

I am shocked that they let Jack Chambers out to do an interview.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement