Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

Bowie wrote: »
    A meat plant has cases of Covid. It's continuing to operate and no public representative or state body is doing anything. Do you think it's acceptable?

What about the pharmaceutical factory? Should that be closed too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Yes.....why should it not??

...if they cant social distance and to reduce large scale clusters....

I would have taught it would be basic practice to do so.....whats point of everyone distancing,limiting interactions....if we have people standing side by side for 10 to 12 hours on factory lines or sharing offices?

Not a stem of sense to it,otherwise

Not a stem of sense from you. Mindless rambling from what I can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No comment? Why bother quoting?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Not surprised you fell for Mother Theresa's hollow act.

I watch how these people are existing Brendan. You or I wouldn't do it, because we don't have to.

And your solution to fix this situation Francis, might be what?

No comment? Why bother quoting?

So, Covid positives in pharmaceutical factories are of less importance than those in meat factories?

• Advertisement

So, Covid positives in pharmaceutical factories are of less importance than those in meat factories?

A meat plant has cases of Covid. It's continuing to operate and no public representative or state body is doing anything. Do you think that's acceptable?

Follow NZ example.and aim for zero cases.....we were so fcuking close only for them to fcuk.away all our hard work and progress and open up to.early.

Its obvious,this living with covid plan is a joke and they arent able to implement it.

Only for ‘them’ to fcuk it away !!!

I have very good anecdotal evidence that the compliance of social distancing, mask wearing was abysmal throughout the country.

Pubs paying no heed to regulations, doing anything they could to game the system and fuhherke the begrudgers!!!

About time people took some responsibility for their own actions and stopped trying to blame someone else.

That load of bollox doesn’t stand up, a chara.

Tha auld ‘Aaah shure it’ll be fine , don’t mind the grub,what are ye havin’ lads’ kind of attitude needs to be called out.

We didn’t comply, dude, that’s the be all and end all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Less risk to the county. The meat factories are a systemic risk to the country now. They should be shut until safe work practices are enforced.

Why leave ot so long and wait for things to blow up before acting so??

They actively encouraged staycations and dubs to flock.all over the country,while covid was rampant there.....waterford went several weeks without a case and now its been fcuked away and brought here....we are suffering for ffg incompetence

They have made an absolute balls of things and now want to blame anyone else,rather than.accept responsibility for running the country......

Varadkar come out and washed his hands today of that debacle in granny saying we didnt tell em to stay open...its ordering em to close,they should be

Last I heard that there was fuuuherke all compliance in pubs around the country, once they got the punters in it was a free for all.

So please, a chara, that kind of argument won’t wash.

Sorry an all that.

Why leave ot so long and wait for things to blow up before acting so??

They actively encouraged staycations and dubs to flock.all over the country,while covid was rampant there.....waterford went several weeks without a case and now its been fcuked away and brought here....we are suffering for ffg incompetence

They have made an absolute balls of things and now want to blame anyone else,rather than.accept responsibility for running the country......

Varadkar come out and washed his hands today of that debacle in granny saying we didnt tell em to stay open...its ordering em to close,they should be

So what was your plan? Tell us what you would have done?

• Advertisement

Redgirl82 wrote: »

Red, if you don’t mind me saying, no plan would work if people don’t comply.

No country can police every nook and cranny in its environs.

Situations like what we have now depend on public buy in, but if the public, don’t buy in its a no win situation.

If the media, the opposition and others concentrate on picking holes in everything the HSE, NEPHET, and the govt try to do then it’s a no win situation.

You will NEVER get a majority of folk who will take responsibility FOR THEMSELVES without being forced to do so.

That is the situation plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

smurgen wrote: »
    Less risk to the county. The meat factories are a systemic risk to the country now. They should be shut until safe work practices are enforced.

You want to shut all meat factories?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Last I heard that there was fuuuherke all compliance in pubs around the country, once they got the punters in it was a free for all.

So please, a chara, that kind of argument won’t wash.

Sorry an all that.

Any backup for this or did you hear it from a guy with two pints?

My plan certainly wouldnt involve encouraging the spread of virus around state through staycations and id at minimum keep virus localised,where possible

Its too late now,dozens are going to die,entirely due to complete fcukin incompetence by this government....

We have a minister for workplaces,who wiped his hands of the mess in granny today,zero leadership shown,once shít has hit the fan all the hype around him.has been shown to be a complete joke....

noone expected anything from martin...but varadkar washing his hands of this,has been a letdown

So you’re plan was to not let people travel at all? Keep people locked up in their own county?

How was that going to work? What was your plan for the struggling tourism industry?

A meat plant has cases of Covid. It's continuing to operate and no public representative or state body is doing anything. Do you think that's acceptable?

Last month the meat factory in Cahir had numerous positives. It didn’t close down. They operated at a reduced capacity. Undertook a deep cleaning regime. All affected and close contacts self isolated for the required 2 weeks. It all blew over, as will this.

Any backup for this or did you hear it from a guy with two pints?

It is easy to find stories all over Ireland of people on the beer in the lockdown and after. Check out the video of the pub in Kells during the Liverpool, this was after they held a 21st in the middle of the lock down and got a warning

Plenty more all over Ireland of the same c**p. No tourist to blame, these where local only sessions

Nowhere have i said,what you think i said

The struggling tourism industry now has the country on brink of a lockdown....how much did it make,vs what the next lockdown is going to.cost us

How many are going to.die,over the mess ffg have made of reopening the country and encouraging people to travel about spreading the virus unawares,since it can be spread without sythoms

Why have we gone from low single figures testing positve daily,to over 1000 in.the last week?

They have left country down,with shît leadership,poor and conflicting info and now have simply decided to wash their hands of the mess,they have caused and blame the public.....possibly the greatest shîtshow of a government,ive ever seen here,

So what’s is the plan? Come on tell us all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Redgirl82 wrote: »

Doesn't really matter what some boardsie would do, they could build that wall across the border and it would only be hypothethical, on the other hand however, the current govt are displaying global proportions of incompetence in dealing with this virus.

I think that's where the real problem lies. Glad to see the media highlighting same and long may it continue.

My plan certainly wouldnt involve encouraging the spread of virus around state through staycations and id at minimum keep virus localised,where possible

Its too late now,dozens are going to die,entirely due to complete fcukin incompetence by this government....

We have a minister for workplaces,who wiped his hands of the mess in granny today,zero leadership shown,once shít has hit the fan all the hype around him.has been shown to be a complete joke....

noone expected anything from martin...but varadkar washing his hands of this,has been a letdown

The virus wouldn’t have spread if everyone obeyed the regulations.

Lookit, pal, look at what happened in Killarney, Lookit what happened in Berlin.

If people had taken responsibility FOR THEMSELVES these big outbreaks wouldn’t have happened.

As I said, anecdotal evidence I have indicates that compliance in meeting places country wide in MINIMAL

The opposition, egged on by the media are doing everything they can to gain political advantage from a serious pandemic.

It’s manna from heaven for them, and educated informed people need to to call them out on it.

And when this is all over they will continue to kick the wounded beast when the huge debt incurred begins to bite.

The alternative was to let tens of thousands die and wreck our society.

People need to grow up and take responsibility, folk.

The weeds and useless dross who exult in disaster for their own vested interest need to be pulled from under their slates and exposed for the slimy insects they are ,and called to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

Okay, and what would your plan for the tourism industry be then? You've obviously thought this all through.

Out of interest, do we know how many outbreaks can be attributed to staycations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Yes, I don't know what this picking and choosing what should be closed and what shouldn't? Simple fact is if there are covid infections in a place of employment then everyone is sent home and tested and told not to come back till they are negative.

The virus wouldn’t have spread if everyone obeyed the regulations.

Lookit, pal, look at what happened in Killarney, Lookit what happened in Berlin.

If people had taken responsibility FOR THEMSELVES these big outbreaks wouldn’t have happened.

As I said, anecdotal evidence I have indicates that compliance in meeting places country wide in MINIMAL

The opposition, egged on by the media are doing everything they can to gain political advantage from a serious pandemic.

It’s manna from heaven for them, and educated informed people need to to call them out on it.

And when this is all over they will continue to kick the wounded beast when the huge debt incurred begins to bite.

The alternative was to let tens of thousands die and wreck our society.

People need to grow up and take responsibility, folk.

The weeds and useless dross who exult in disaster for their own vested interest need to be pulled from under their slates and exposed for the slimy insects they are ,and called to account.

So no back-up for your claim of non compliance.

Why then did you not use a verified example like Clifden where we know 'things' came out from under slates?

So no back-up for your claim of non compliance.

Why then did you not use a verified example like Clifden where we know 'things' came out from under slates?

Heh heh.... no back up..... there’s a laugh.

Francie, I thought even you wouldn’t be as predictable as that.

Yeah, I was undercover in every shee been in the country.:D

I really thought you were a bit better than that, Francie.

But of course ,I should have know .:D

Funny you talk of responsibilty,while whitewashing ffg making a balls of this....and now people are going to die in their dozens

They opened up,too far,too fast and now.its gone out of control,blaming everyone else for this mess is pointless....they have extraordinary power at the min in government and thus,its their fault

I take on board,what yous saying about kilarney etc....just they had powers to stop.this stread,instead gambled on low cases continuing and have now decided to wipe their hands of it,when its blown up in their face......schools back 2 weeks and 5 secondary schools on wateford city,with confirmed cases....its a clusterfcuk of epic porportions and for varadkar to wipe his hands of it is a pure joke

Of course the real solution would be to confine EVERYONE to their accommodation for months, not outside their doors, no food services, no social interaction, provisions provided by the state.......

No incoming outgoing visitors, everything stopped.

Are you seeing how unrealistic your ‘argument’ is now.

Because if you are not, there’s little hope.

Heh heh.... no back up..... there’s a laugh.

Francie, I thought even you wouldn’t be as predictable as that.

Yeah, I was undercover in every shee been in the country.:D

I really thought you were a bit better than that, Francie.

But of course ,I should have know .:D

I am better than that Brendan, I wouldn't make the claim so that I could fulminate about ordinary people, without back up.

Why didn't you use a verified incidence of non compliance like Clifden...your point wouldn't have suffered.

Now you just look like you wanted to berate a certain demographic to make your party of choice look good. Tut tut.

I am better than that Brendan, I wouldn't make the claim so that I could fulminate about ordinary people, without back up.

Why didn't you use a verified incidence of non compliance like Clifden...your point wouldn't have suffered.

Now you just look like you wanted to berate a certain demographic to make your party of choice look good. Tut tut.

Francie, I’m not in a court of law here, in case you are mistaken.

I emphasized the word anecdotal freely and fairly.

Now you can either chose not to believe it or otherwise, but from my own experience and what I have been told ,I have no reason to withdraw anything I have posted.

How you chose take it is quite irrelevant.

Francie, I’m not in a court of law here, in case you are mistaken.

I emphasized the word anecdotal freely and fairly.

Now you can either chose not to believe it or otherwise, but from my own experience and what I have been told ,I have no reason to withdraw anything I have posted.

How you chose take it is quite irrelevant.

Oh I choose to call it a makey up story for the reasons I outlined.

Invent something then rant about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

NZ has had no domestic case in days and no.commuinty spread in over a week.....they are keeping up a lockdown for 2.more weeks

NZ is 4,000km from it's nearest major trading partner. It's a self sufficient island nation.

Ireland is 14km from it's nearest trading partner and is a member of the European single market. Our logistics and food network are intrinsically linked to the UK and EU.

Ireland could never have a NZ style lockdown without crippling the economy and risking food security.

The virus,has a spread time of 3 weeks

NZ has had no domestic case in days and no.commuinty spread in over a week.....they are keeping up a lockdown for 2.more weeks

Ffg pushed forward opening to gamble on it all being ok,and it has blown up in.their faces

Can you gaurantee me,that if they had stuck to the orginal nephet plan and pushed for zero.cases....we would still be having 1000 plus cases a week??

They wanted country opened up ....now its blown up in their faces,and they only have themselves to blame and are responsible for deaths ensueing

I can guarantee you nothing....

“They wanted the country opened up”

So, are you trying to say that this ‘they’ are the Govt.?

That nobody else wanted the country opened up?

That everyone was quite happy to cocoon and sit back, not go out?

That businesses, societies, sporting orgs. clubs, farmers, providers , entertainment ,schools ,colleges, universities,and numerous others didn’t want to open up.

That people didn’t understand that at some stage a country has to ‘open up’ or face collapse or a mental health problem nearly as s ere as co id19.

You are an amazing guy, that all I can say:D

Some very strange viewpoints, in fairness, and that’s being kind, as I always am.

• Advertisement

Last month the meat factory in Cahir had numerous positives. It didn’t close down. They operated at a reduced capacity. Undertook a deep cleaning regime. All affected and close contacts self isolated for the required 2 weeks. It all blew over, as will this.

It will only blow over if the meat plants carry out measures such as social distancing and supplying PPE. If any business is seen not to be adhering (and a Covid cluster has been created), that business should be shut down until they comply.

34 times Trump said the coronavirus would go away

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement