Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Same old greasy broken record. The government allow things happen due to incompetence or cronyism or both and it's the public's own fault, (see Covid in meat plants, financial crash, housing and homeless crises).

We all went mad/partied. Varadkar will be on to quote 'The Commitments' soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Bowie wrote: »
    It will only blow over if the meat plants carry out measures such as social distancing and supplying PPE. If any business is seen not to be adhering (and a Covid cluster has been created), that business should be shut down until they comply.

34 times Trump said the coronavirus would go away

Trump is not a member of ff or fg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Auckland is 2150km from Sydney

Trump is not a member of ff or fg.

I'm comparing the logic of a poster claiming it will blow over.
    Seemed clear to me. Y'know, how I quoted and put in bold and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Same old greasy broken record. The government allow things happen due to incompetence or cronyism or both and it's the public's own fault, (see Covid in meat plants, financial crash, housing and homeless crises).

We all went mad/partied. Varadkar will be on to quote 'The Commitments' soon enough.

The Govt. issue the directions, the public and those charged to implement them and those asked to abide by them chose to take the selfish route and ignore them.

Only one culprit there, a chara.

• Advertisement

It will only blow over if the meat plants carry out measures such as social distancing and supplying PPE. If any business is seen not to be adhering (and a Covid cluster has been created), that business should be shut down until they comply.

34 times Trump said the coronavirus would go away

Indeed. And where measures are being taken, no need for a shutdown.

Indeed. And where measures are being taken, no need for a shutdown.

Agreed.
    Do we cross our fingers and hope they'll learn the error of their ways as Covid spreads?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

These people aren't being shipped to Ireland and carted in like cattle because they enjoy it.
    I was speaking on the crammed buses ferrying them to work. We've seen the photos.
    atticu wrote: »
    Who forced these people onto that bus?
    A meat plant has cases of Covid. It's continuing to operate and no public representative or state body is doing anything. Do you think it's acceptable?

Would you like to backup your claims?

Who forced these people into work?

Do you think that it is acceptable that people who have symptoms of Covid-19 keep going to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The Govt. issue the directions, the public and those charged to implement them and those asked to abide by them chose to take the selfish route and ignore them.

Only one culprit there, a chara.

A meat plant isn't the public.it's regulated business. I can't open a meat plant without a license. You're clueless.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Would you also like their personal medical records as well?

I would like the poster to back up their claim.

• Advertisement

Agreed.
    Do we cross our fingers and hope they'll learn the error of their ways as Covid spreads?
    I assume that you mean the general public? I sincerely hope so. After all, personal responsibility is the most important measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

As I already posted. If the government is going around injecting people with covid they are to blame.

Based on my limited knowledge this isn't happening. So in reality you have a group of people getting sick because of their own actions, then another group who are the fallout because of the initial people.

Unless you don't think people are not responsible for their own actions?

Follow NZ example.and aim for zero cases.....we were so fcuking close only for them to fcuk.away all our hard work and progress and open up to.early.

Its obvious,this living with covid plan is a joke and they arent able to implement it.

Are you suggesting that we close all the boarders?
    Because that is what NZ did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

maccored wrote: »
    As a shinner, im delighted to see a ff/fg gov. in fact im pretty sure i predicted it last year. they'll ruin the place but as ive already said - they won be able to blame the other this time

prediction is spot on so far I see

I assume that you mean the general public? I sincerely hope so. After all, personal responsibility is the most important measure.

If personal responsibility is the be all and end all why have laws at all or prisons? Surely people should have personal responsibility and not perpatrate crimes?

smurgen wrote: »
    If personal responsibility is the be all and end all why have laws at all or prisons? Surely people should have personal responsibility and not perpatrate crimes?

Not everyone is as civic minded as moi! The courts are for everyone else!

So you would prefer to take personal responsibility away from people?

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    So you would prefer to take personal responsibility away from people?

Government already made that decision.Gardai had special powers for individuals during lockdown did they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Jack Chambers.
    That is all.

atticu wrote: »
    Would you like to backup your claims?

Who forced these people into work?

Do you think that it is acceptable that people who have symptoms of Covid-19 keep going to work?

We've discussed and had evidence of workers coming from Poland. An article featuring a standing room only bus bringing workers to a plant was also posted. Our health minister conceded there was a problem. Our tánaiste conceded there was a problem.
    It's agreed there's a problem. The 'backup' is on this very thread and in statements from elected officials as well as numerous media and social media reports.

A meat plant has cases of Covid. It's continuing to operate and no public representative or state body is doing anything. Do you think that's acceptable?

• Advertisement

Government already made that decision.Gardai had special powers for individuals during lockdown did they not?

People still had personal responsibility, do you understand what that means?

Or do you need me to explain?

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    People still had personal responsibility, do you understand what that means?

Or do you need me to explain?

The government drafted laws to shore up people's lack of personal responsibility and intervene when necessary.

A meat plant has cases of Covid. It's continuing to operate and no public representative or state body is doing anything. Do you think that's acceptable?
    If a chipper had mice it would be closed ffs. I think any business causing a rise in Covid cases due to willful negligence should be sanctioned and closed until they comply. Should bars and the like open and give two fingers to NPHET too?

Depends on the individual I'd imagine.

For clarity I'm claiming the FF/FG Clifden posse and the like get special treatment unless the media shines a light and even then...well...

I can't wrap my head around these arguments special laws drafted for private individuals are fine. Special laws drafted for regulated industries not fine as it may reduce people's individual responsibility?

If a chipper had mice it would be closed ffs. I think any business causing a rise in Covid cases due to willful negligence should be sanctioned and closed until they comply. Should bars and the like open and give two fingers to NPHET too?

If measures are being taken to address the issue, then why should a public representative intervene?
    I’ve worked in the private sector for over 50 years. Never has a public representative had to intervene in the running of any of those businesses. If there was a problem, it was sorted. Some ran into difficulties and were closed down. Such is life. No need for hand holding by the powers that be.

Also.has a huge asian population and daily flights from.there and india aswell.as melbourne

What makes the virus less deadly traveling 4000km vs 14km??

Its a cop out,by a weak government and mouth breathers who fall inline and think this living witg covid plan will work....it wont...noone belives it will....aim for zero,it can.be done

Yep. If people cop on and take measures to ensure their safety and that of anyone they come in contact with. ie personal responsibility.

This plant had a confirmed positive since monday....how long do you propose ffg turn a blindeye to this unfolding diaster,before intervening??

Do you honestly believe dawn meats,are going to behave ethically?.....it took them.a week to respond to request from local media on whether there was a case or not and tried to shut it down as granny is one of its main killing plants

What’s your granny got to do with it?

If measures are being taken to address the issue, then why should a public representative intervene?
    I’ve worked in the private sector for over 50 years. Never has a public representative had to intervene in the running of any of those businesses. If there was a problem, it was sorted. Some ran into difficulties and were closed down. Such is life. No need for hand holding by the powers that be.

So you're happy to risk clusters to break out and threaten county specific lockdowns in a bid to preserve moral hazard during a once in a century pandemic?

• Advertisement

So you're happy to risk clusters to break out and threaten county specific lockdowns in a bid to preserve moral hazard during a once in a century pandemic?

Outbreaks have occurred in many businesses. They have been contained and overcome. Waterford is no exception. Posters are getting their knickers in a right twist just because it’s happening in their neighborhood. It’s happened in mine, measures were taken and business is back to normal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement