Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nothing.....its where the plant is based that has caused covid to run rampant in town

Government stops testing on meat factories....within a week a mass outbreak of 51 occurs in dawn.meats at granny

Your a joke,commenting on this and not giving a fcuk,that waterford is facing into a lockdown,likely completly avoidable deaths aswell as a direct consequence of ffg actions.....and your posting white noise as its indenfensible the position ffg incompetence has landed us into here

Funny, how when something goes right with the virus, it is because the government is only following the advice of the public health experts, but when something goes wrong it is all down to FFG incompetence.

It is so transparent, the silly posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Outbreaks have occurred in many businesses. They have been contained and overcome. Waterford is no exception. Posters are getting their knickers in a right twist just because it’s happening in their neighborhood. It’s happened in mine, measures were taken and business is back to normal.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40050533.html

226 Covid cases originating from one meat plant in Cork. Of a county doing remarkable well. 1,700 in total. That's 13.5% of cases coming from one premises. Nothing to see here!

They shouldnt be occuring....ffg stopped the meat plant testing and now its out of control in waterford

We are bearing burnt of their incompetence here and anyone daring to speak out...is.met with whitr noise as a responce or sniggered at and told they are getting knickers in a twist.....the absolute gross fcuking arrogance of this government.....we dont matter and they dont care

How long were tests stopped for? A few days? What we are bearing the brunt of is people’s total lack of consideration for their fellow workers. They are the ones who don’t care, not the government!

Mate....they opened up too far and too fast and have.made a balls of it

Theu tore up.the nephet plan,encouraged mass staycations....

this debacle is entirely if their own making.....dozens are going to die,thanks to this absolute mess....and yous call anyone dare to point this out as silly

Can you gaurantee me,noone from watetford will die from this outbreak?

So, the moral of the story is.....Stay out of Waterford!

How long were tests stopped for? A few days? What we are bearing the brunt of is people’s total lack of consideration for their fellow workers. They are the ones who don’t care, not the government!

The work situation by design helps spread covid. It has nothing to do with workers individual responsibility. Not only that if we take your argument at face value you think we should risk clusters spreading to larger society for what? To teach meat factory workers a lesson?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Tonight show is good. So much frustration with this shambolic government. The travel policy seems very vague.

smurgen wrote: »
    The work situation by design helps spread covid. It has nothing to do with workers individual responsibility. Not only that if we take your argument at face value you think we should risk clusters spreading to larger society for what? To teach meat factory workers a lesson?

As I already posted, there were numerous positives in the Cahir factory. Measures were taken under guidance by the state bodies. The outbreak was controlled. It can be done, calmly and efficiently with the cooperation of the workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Mate....they opened up too far and too fast and have.made a balls of it

Theu tore up.the nephet plan,encouraged mass staycations....

this debacle is entirely if their own making.....dozens are going to die,thanks to this absolute mess....and yous call anyone dare to point this out as silly

Can you gaurantee me,noone from watetford will die from this outbreak?

What a “guarantee”?

If people die, nothing to do with government. That would be the virus.

A little bit of responsibility is clearly lacking.

So, the moral of the story is.....Stay out of Waterford!

Even if the virus wasn’t in Waterford, locals don’t seem very friendly :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

The Dubs will go bananas if they close the food pubs too. There was no sense of that during the car crash press conference on Tuesday. Coalition of Chaos.

• Advertisement

The government drafted laws to shore up people's lack of personal responsibility and intervene when necessary.

So you don’t understand what personal responsibility is.

Even at the height of the lock down people could if they wanted hop in a car and drive around, they might get stopped and they might not, people could go to the shops 20 times a day if they wanted. Numerous thread on here about flat mates doing as they pleased while other tried to lock down

That is personal responsibility and the lack of it. It’s seems a lot of you people here have zero concept for what it is, says a lot to be honest. A LOT

As I already posted, there were numerous positives in the Cahir factory. Measures were taken under guidance by the state bodies. The outbreak was controlled. It can be done, calmly and efficiently with the cooperation of the workers.

So 30 cases in one plant in Waterford. County only has 138 recorded since March. So 21% from one meat plant and NPHET discussing county wide restrictions. Nothing to see here.

Redgirl82 wrote: »

Even at the height of the lock down people could if they wanted hop in a car and drive around, they might get stopped and they might not, people could go to the shops 20 times a day if they wanted. Numerous thread on here about flat mates doing as they pleased while other tried to lock down

That is personal responsibility and the lack of it. It’s seems a lot of you people here have zero concept for what it is, says a lot to be honest. A LOT

I understand personal responsibility. Do you understand laws? why were the Gardai were given special powers during lockdown?

So 30 cases in one plant in Waterford. County only has 138 recorded since March. So 21% from one meat plant and NPHET discussing county wide restrictions. Nothing to see here.

And? What is your point?

Someone was clearly sick and went into work, spreading it around

Do you not think the same could happen in any large company/shop etc if someone is foolish?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,207 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The Dubs will go bananas if they close the food pubs too. There was no sense of that during the car crash press conference on Tuesday. Coalition of Chaos.

Why wouldn't there be 'chaos' when they are leaking info and getting RTE to soften people up.

Needless pain being gone through tonight as people await some official word. Terrible way to do it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I must have dreamt the whole thing about the guards being given extra powers to allow them to forcibly prevent people going to, or coming from certain areas during lockdown, and the power to detain and or fine those who failed to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    A meat plant has cases of Covid. It's continuing to operate and no public representative or state body is doing anything. Do you think that's acceptable?
    If a chipper had mice it would be closed ffs. I think any business causing a rise in Covid cases due to willful negligence should be sanctioned and closed until they comply. Should bars and the like open and give two fingers to NPHET too?

Should a hospital close down if it has cases of COVID? No.

Should a nightclub close down if it has cases of COVID? Yes.

Two extremes of essential services and not essential services. Where do supermarkets, meat factories, farms, etc. feature on the continuum?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And? What is your point?

Do you not think the same could happen in any large company/shop etc if someone is foolish?

Doesn't necessarily have to be sick btw. Could be asymptomatic.

And? What is your point?

My point is that laws need to be brought in. In Germany in meat plants a law was brought in to require all staff for be covid tested regularly at the cost of the company. A proper country with proper government.

"A new rule bans plants allowing in workers who haven’t been tested – at company expenses – in the previous 10 days for Covid-19."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/coronavirus-how-germany-dealt-with-a-meat-plant-outbreak-1.4328602?mode=amp

McMurphy wrote: »
    I must have dreamt the whole thing about the guards being given extra powers to allow them to forcibly prevent people going to, or coming from certain areas during lockdown, and the power to detain and or fine those who failed to comply.

Are you trying to tell me the regulations shut down everyone do they had no personal choices anymore?

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Doesn't necessarily have to be sick btw. Could be asymptomatic.

If only we had some magical way of figuring out who had it and who didn't?

This can be spread with no sythoms...
    What info do.you have to say,someone went to work.visably sick??

Since,its eveident yous have inside info,why was the plant not closed or deep cleaned,deapite an onsite confirmed case on monday??

Excuse me, I’m not fluent in gibberish. Could you repeat

Are you trying to tell me the regulations shut down everyone do they had no personal choices anymore?

No, I'm just pointing at the great gaping hole in your post.

Do you still want to stand over this?
    Ireland along with many countries is based on free will, people can do what they want. Unless the government made it illegal to leave home or travel from one county to another then you can do what you want. If they tried to make it illegal I can imagine the uproar.

I repeat, I must have dreamt about the guards being granted extra powers to forcibly prevent people from doing exactly what you posted above.

Do you disagree with what I have posted?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Should a hospital close down if it has cases of COVID? No.

Should a nightclub close down if it has cases of COVID? Yes.

Two extremes of essential services and not essential services. Where do supermarkets, meat factories, farms, etc. feature on the continuum?

Meat factories are not essential to Ireland's food supply. Individual meat factories are even less important.

Meat factories are not essential to Ireland's food supply. Individual meat factories are even less important.

Meat processing plants in Ireland export the vast majority of their products overseas, from memory it's something like 85%+.

Comparing them with hospitals is just apologetic nonsense.

McMurphy wrote: »
    No, I'm just pointing at the great gaping hole in your post.

Do you still want to stand over this?

I repeat, I must have dreamt about the guards being granted extra powers to forcibly prevent people from doing exactly what you posted above.

Do you disagree with what I have posted?

So you agree with me and then try to disagree. At least you understand what personal responsibility is, the other lad still struggling

Repeat the same statement as many times as you want, still doesn’t make it relevant. Unless you can prove the government banned personal responsibility, can you?

Let’s get the popcorn and wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If measures are being taken to address the issue, then why should a public representative intervene?
    I’ve worked in the private sector for over 50 years. Never has a public representative had to intervene in the running of any of those businesses. If there was a problem, it was sorted. Some ran into difficulties and were closed down. Such is life. No need for hand holding by the powers that be.

The issue is nothing is being done. That's when intervention is needed. As usual Varadkar sticks his oar in and doesn't help.
    If there is a global pandemic and cases are rising and a company through their negligence is causing more cases, some state body should intervene in the interest of public safety. Do you disagree?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Funny, how when something goes right with the virus, it is because the government is only following the advice of the public health experts, but when something goes wrong it is all down to FFG incompetence.

It is so transparent, the silly posting.

Nail on the head. I can't dispute this.
    Its when FF/FG make their .5 type tweaks it goes to ****. Agreed. 100%.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40050533.html

226 Covid cases originating from one meat plant in Cork. Of a county doing remarkable well. 1,700 in total. That's 13.5% of cases coming from one premises. Nothing to see here!

Can they send a health inspector? Ffs...
    If a pub opened it would be raided and rightly so.
    Something ****ing stinks.

• Advertisement

So you agree with me and then try to disagree. At least you understand what personal responsibility is, the other lad still struggling
    Nice try, let's try again.
    Repeat the same statement as many times as you want, still doesn’t make it relevant. Unless you can prove the government banned personal responsibility, can you?

Listen, you made a post that was completely factually incorrect, and misinformed - which you still haven't revisited.
    Ireland along with many countries is based on free will, people can do what they want. Unless the government made it illegal to leave home or travel from one county to another then you can do what you want. If they tried to make it illegal I can imagine the uproar.

People couldn't "do what they wanted" during lock down, people were fined and arrested for breaking certain restrictions, teenagers were actively stopped from congregating and loitering etc.

The govt "didn't ban personal responsibility" spiel you're trotting out in an attempt to mask your brain fart isn't going to wash here.

Leo or Simon appealing to the public to be personally responsible at bank holiday weekends and not travel to holiday homes would have been simply that, appealed to, and trusted that they could be personally responsible.

Instead.

Drivers face bank holiday checkpoints after crash deaths soar
    I think I even read about a dope being rightfully fined for driving hundreds of km from his home to buy a feckin puppy, guess people like that just can't be trusted to be "personally responsible" hence legal restrictions, doh.

Are you doing to double down on this, were you really blissfully unaware of the legal restrictions put in place by the govt who (in your world) didn't make it illegal at all:D?

Let’s get the popcorn and wait

Looks like I'll be sharing them with you, so mind not to put the popcorn on for longer than the manufacturers recommended time, hate when the kernels char.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement