Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

This is flying around social media and watsapp so not sure if valid but friend says it is

"collected lads in his car,played the match,sitting in dressing room,dropped them home and then told them he tested positive!"
    "HartstownHuntstown played them last night "

That's a perfect example of personal responsibility. I have no idea how any government can combat someone who would go that. Unless people are asking for this person to then get prosecuted?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    This is flying around social media and watsapp so not sure if valid but friend says it is

"collected lads in his car,played the match,sitting in dressing room,dropped them home and then told them he tested positive!"

That's a perfect example of personal responsibility. I have no idea how any government can combat someone who would go that. Unless people are asking for this person to then get prosecuted?

The crying and whinging from some posters looking for the government to save them from the virus is incredible.

How did 40 golfers think it was ok to go down to Offaly? How did the Bridge House Hotel think it was ok to book them in? How did the local bars and restaurants think it was ok to let them in? How did the local golf clubs think it was ok to let them play? Golfgate had already made it clear how serious such events were.

Cop-on, common sense, personal repsonsibility, all in short supply. The same from nursing home owners. The truth is slowly coming out about them as well, as the negligent way they behaved at the start of the crisis.

You don't need the government to hold your hand, well maybe some of the child-like posters on here do, but normal people don't.

Wash your hands, stay socially distanced, don't invite people into your home, be careful when out and about. Simple and straight-forward but too complicated for some, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,207 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yes, it is a perfect example of 'personal responsibility' but WTF is your point?

There is also a responsibility on government and it is being discussed here.

Yes, it is a perfect example of 'personal responsibility' but WTF is your point?

There is also a responsibility on government and it is being discussed here.

Please explain what any government, FF/FG/SF/Labour or anyone could stop this happening?

I am open to all idea's you have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

This thread is about the government response. How the coalition of chaos is making things worse.

This post from the Covid thread is excellent...https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114652376&postcount=6179

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    The crying and whinging from some posters looking for the government to save them from the virus is incredible.

How did 40 golfers think it was ok to go down to Offaly? How did the Bridge House Hotel think it was ok to book them in? How did the local bars and restaurants think it was ok to let them in? How did the local golf clubs think it was ok to let them play? Golfgate had already made it clear how serious such events were.

Cop-on, common sense, personal repsonsibility, all in short supply. The same from nursing home owners. The truth is slowly coming out about them as well, as the negligent way they behaved at the start of the crisis.

You don't need the government to hold your hand, well maybe some of the child-like posters on here do, but normal people don't.

Wash your hands, stay socially distanced, don't invite people into your home, be careful when out and about. Simple and straight-forward but too complicated for some, it seems.

This sort of s**t was going on: https://www.thesun.ie/news/5701957/hotel-investigated-liverpool-party-gardai-pandemic/

The same place was pulled up by Garda the week before as they had a 21st, the place was full, during the full initial lockdown. Half the town was at the 21st.

I again am open to idea's on how any government can stop gobs**ts like this? or how it is the government fault if someone walks into this party with Covid?

This thread is about the government response. How the coalition of chaos is making things worse.

This post from the Covid thread is excellent...https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114652376&postcount=6179

This thread is about the government. Not about the government response to Covid.

So far people are blaming the government for people who have shown no personal responsibility. My question, which I asked yesterday, how is any government supposed to stop someone is they want to be a gobs**t?

Unless as someone suggested yesterday we bring a dictator in

This thread is about the government. Not about the government response to Covid.

So far people are blaming the government for people who have shown no personal responsibility. My question, which I asked yesterday, how is any government supposed to stop someone is they want to be a gobs**t?

Unless as someone suggested yesterday we bring a dictator in

This thread is about the government's actions. For me anyway. The latest debacle is the Tuesday Covid plan rollout. Priceless. I go to the Covid threads to discuss the 'personal responsibility' stuff you are pushing. Did you read that post I linked? Do you agree?

Where were you during the Clifden Elite Coronaparty debate?

Please explain what any government, FF/FG/SF/Labour or anyone could stop this happening?

I am open to all idea's you have

If you stopped going on about a moot point - personal responsibility' and took on board what is being said it might fit you better.

I am not wasting my time repeating the criticisms I have made until you accept that nobody is talking about 'personal responsibilities'(that has always been a given in this) but GOVERNMENT responsibilities'.

This thread is about the government's actions. For me anyway. The latest debacle is the Tuesday Covid plan rollout. Priceless. I go to the Covid threads to discuss the 'personal responsibility' stuff you are pushing. Did you read that post I linked? Do you agree?

Where were you during the Clifden Elite Coronaparty debate?

The golf event? Did anyone have covid at the event?

• Advertisement

Your understanding of the guidelines is that it is ok to congregate at a proscribed event if 'you think' you don't have or are not carrying Covid? :eek::eek:

Your understanding of the guidelines is that it is ok to congregate at a proscribed event if 'you think' you don't have or are not carrying Covid? :eek::eek:

Did I say that?

Did I say that?

:D:D Here comes the rowback.

Appalling performance here Redgirl, you are a parody at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What ‘proscribed’ event would this be?

:D:D Here comes the rowback.

Appalling performance here Redgirl, you are a parody at this stage.

What rowback? are you incapable of reading?

Please quote me where I said "Your understanding of the guidelines is that it is ok to congregate at a proscribed event if 'you think' you don't have or are not carrying Covid?"

I will wait

What ‘proscribed’ event would this be?

Gatherings that broke restrictions.

What rowback? are you incapable of reading?

Please quote me where I said "Your understanding of the guidelines is that it is ok to congregate at a proscribed event if 'you think' you don't have or are not carrying Covid?"

I will wait

I never said you said that. I asked you a question. I'll ask it again. NOTE the question mark.

Your understanding of the guidelines is that it is ok to congregate at a proscribed event if 'you think' you don't have or are not carrying Covid?

I never said you said that. I asked you a question. I'll ask it again. NOTE the question mark.

Your understanding of the guidelines is that it is ok to congregate at a proscribed event if 'you think' you don't have or are not carrying Covid?

Talking about rowback, here it is

If it was a question, why did you accuse me of "rowback"?

While you're at it, why don't you put the whole post in caps.

It was a dinner. Indoors. Restriction said 6 people max. 80+ attended. Nothing wrong with the event then?

People simply want leadership and clear guidance from their government. In any organisation. If MM was a CEO, he'd be fired long ago.
    This new covid plan was much heralded for months. The government finally produced it on Tuesday and discredited it almost immediately with extra levels.
    I think they will lose public buy-in for covid restrictions because of the lack of clarity and a consistent message.
    The coalition of chaos has become a laughing stock, I do not know how they can get credibility back.
    The cabinet announcement this evening on restaurants will be very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What time is the lockdown starting in Dublin?

Talking about rowback, here it is

If it was a question, why did you accuse me of "rowback"?

While you're at it, why don't you put the whole post in caps.

Because you immediately rowed back from the inference. You knew exactly what I was getting at in the question>

I contend that is why you haven't answered it. I'll ask it again.

and if your answer is 'no' here is the follow up question too...why did you ask 'did anyone have Covid at the Golf gathering in Clifden?'

I think Ibec are usually copycat spoofers but for what it's worth...

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0918/1165966-ibec-on-dublin-restrictions/
    The CEO of employers group Ibec has said "it is a disgrace how people in the hospitality sector are being treated" under the Government's new Covid framework.

Danny McCoy was speaking on RTÉ's Today with Claire Byrne ahead of an expected tightening of Covid-19 restrictions in Dublin from midnight.

It is widely anticipated that Cabinet will decide that Dublin move to Level 3 in the Living with Covid-19 plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭bloopy

Are FG, FF and the Greens even in control of the country anymore?
    All the news stories from the last week or so have been about what NPHET are deciding to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

RUC calling in a good few mourners after poor Bobby’s funeral.

Louise says that the Shinners will co- operate.

Interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The government literallly are promoting staycations,not bothering their arse testing at airports

They are to blame for this farce.....they opemed up too far,too fast by tearing up the nephet plan...and now are screaming everyone is to blame but themselves

Why are pubs opening monday,when its obvious this virus is gone completly out of control?

Ffg are eptimoe of callous arrogance.....tore up a health plan to gain positive headlines...cry and blame everyone else,when obvious happens,and it blows up in their face.....

bunch of fcuking clowns,fcuk all leadership shown when pressure comes on.....blame.the public....same the we all partied rubbish to avoid blame for the banking crisis....its insulting rubbish to likes of my folks,who didnt party,and have avoided almost all public interaction with months now

We should be headed for zero cases,we were so.close and now we are over 1000 a week and 400 odd being tested in one location in waterford...its a fcuking joke

The virus can only get out of control if ordinary people and ordinary businesses are reckless and careless and don't take personal responsibility for what they do.

The Government can't sit outside the Bridge House Hotel and count the number of people going in together. Neither can they be everywhere at everytime for every time a doorbell rings to check how many people are going into a house. You would need 300,000 gardai to monitor all that.

So it all comes down to personal responsibility. We know that there are around 25% of the population who have a Trump/Johnson/Brexit attitude to everything but the rest of us have to be responsible even when they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

RUC calling in a good few mourners after poor Bobby’s funeral.

Louise says that the Shinners will co- operate.

Interesting.....

Getting in the last few substantial meals before lockdown? Can't blame ya Brendy. It's gonna be a long winter a chara!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    The virus can only get out of control if ordinary people and ordinary businesses are reckless and careless and don't take personal responsibility for what they do.

The Government can't sit outside the Bridge House Hotel and count the number of people going in together. Neither can they be everywhere at everytime for every time a doorbell rings to check how many people are going into a house. You would need 300,000 gardai to monitor all that.

So it all comes down to personal responsibility. We know that there are around 25% of the population who have a Trump/Johnson/Brexit attitude to everything but the rest of us have to be responsible even when they won't.

Why do you support restrictions on ordinary businesses yet are against restrictions on meat plants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No need. The outbreak has been brought under control.

Being aware of it isn't putting it under control. Do you not follow the news?

• Advertisement

Because you immediately rowed back from the inference. You knew exactly what I was getting at in the question>

I contend that is why you haven't answered it. I'll ask it again.

and if your answer is 'no' here is the follow up question too...why did you ask 'did anyone have Covid at the Golf gathering in Clifden?'

Are you incapable of reading?

You have gone off on a rant because I asked a question, the rant is just stuff you have made up because I never said

So at the moment you are ranting against yourself....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement