Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RUC calling in a good few mourners after poor Bobby’s funeral.

Louise says that the Shinners will co- operate.

Interesting.....

RUC?

Pining for the old days there Brendi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

It was a dinner. Indoors. Restriction said 6 people max. 80+ attended. Nothing wrong with the event then?

Did I say “nothing wrong with the event”?

Please quote me

If seems a few people on here having an issue reading. If you or the other poster can quote me on the accusations you are throwing around the I will answer

Otherwise I expect an apology for the idiotic accusations you are making against me

I will wait

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Are you incapable of reading?

Yes I can read and I haven't 'read' an answer to my question.

Yes I can read and I haven't 'read' an answer to my question.

Sorry but all I seen was accusations and ranting for something nobody said apart from yourself

Maybe this work with other people, sorry but I’m not falling for it.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

RUC calling in a good few mourners after poor Bobby’s funeral.

Louise says that the Shinners will co- operate.

Interesting.....

The RUC, some craic if anyone got a letter from them considering they are no longer around.

I was caught speeding other day, can't wait for my fine from the Blueshirts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Did I say “nothing wrong with the event”?

Please quote me

If seems a few people on here having an issue reading. If you or the other poster can quote me on the accusations you are throwing around the I will answer

Otherwise I expect an apology for the idiotic accusations you are making against me

I will wait

You will find I did quote your post. I am asking you now whether there was anything wrong with the event. You seemed to dismiss it by saying there was nobody with covid at it. You also seem quite angry. And again...

It was a dinner. Indoors. Restriction said 6 people max. 80+ attended. Nothing wrong with the event then?

Maybe you could answer in the context of personal responsibility. What do you think? ;)

Sorry but all I seen was accusations and ranting for something nobody said apart from yourself

Maybe this work with other people, sorry but I’m not falling for it.....

Nobody accused you of anything..calm down.

You were asked a question which you won't answer. Fair enough, I can draw my own conclusion. If at anytime you wish to change my mind, you can answer the question. Here it is again.
    Your understanding of the guidelines is that it is ok to congregate at a proscribed event if 'you think' you don't have or are not carrying Covid? And if your answer is 'no' here is the follow up question too...why did you ask 'did anyone have Covid at the Golf gathering in Clifden?'

Other posters deflecting to SF isn't going to help. Poor craturs have SF in their heads and under their beds. They even think the RUC are still around. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    Why do you support restrictions on ordinary businesses yet are against restrictions on meat plants?

Meat factories are essential to ensure the supply of food.

Pubs and hotels are not essential.

Simple as. I thought that would be obvious to everyone.

There are a number of areas of business that are essential for society to function. Food processing, agriculture, policing, health, education, food retailing, fire services, transport services, in no particular order. We can't shut those essential services down.

Other posters deflecting to SF isn't going to help. :D

I suppose Sinn Fein have enough troubles of their own this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Meat factories are essential to ensure the supply of food.

Pubs and hotels are not essential.

Simple as. I thought that would be obvious to everyone.

There are a number of areas of business that are essential for society to function. Food processing, agriculture, policing, health, education, food retailing, fire services, transport services, in no particular order. We can't shut those essential services down.

They're not essential. No one factory is essentially. And 85% of the produce is exported.

Looks like SIPTU are making progress in the absence of complete abandonment of the situation by FG/FF.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1306948625466109956?s=19

• Advertisement

I suppose Sinn Fein have enough troubles of their own this afternoon.

Oh so the meetings with the RUC as one of your buddies calls them for some reason, are today are they?

They don't have to arrange meetings with the PSNI? All had to go today, ah I get you now.

Better tell Pearse, Mary Lou unless the PSNi/RUC are doing the interviews in Dublin?

They're not essential. No one factory is essentially. And 85% of the produce is exported.

Looks like SIPTU are making progress in the absence of complete abandonment of the situation by FG/FF.

Now you expect the government to write every agreement between trade unions and employers as well as everything else.

Can we get a Minister down to you to serve up your dinner later as well?

Now you expect the government to write every agreement between trade unions and employers as well as everything else.

You're saying work practices putting the entire health of the country at risk because of unsafe worker conditions isn't a case for government intervention? Are you that deluded?

https://twitter.com/RadioCleary/status/1306964772412362753?s=19

What a scumbag thing to do no matter what you think of anyone

It was a cup of coffee. That is a shocker. I hope they catch that idiot.
    Why would they do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

Could it be another cry for attention by The King of Spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Vile cowardly little bitch

Dublin moving to Level 3+ tonight. I wonder how they will announce it this time.
    MM on Six One news is my guess.

You will find I did quote your post. I am asking you now whether there was anything wrong with the event. You seemed to dismiss it by saying there was nobody with covid at it. You also seem quite angry. And again...

Maybe you could answer in the context of personal responsibility. What do you think? ;)

When did I dismiss it?

You made a vague comment, I asked first it you meant the golf event? I have no idea if anyone had covid at the event

Two reasonable questions do you not think? Seems a crazy reaction from some people on here

When did I dismiss it?

You made a vague comment, I asked first it you meant the golf event? I have no idea if anyone had covid at the event

Two reasonable questions do you not think? Seems a crazy reaction from some people on here

ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What is the point of that? Its not going to support her cause, whatever it maybe, all it is going to do is generate sympathy and support for Varadkar. One of the draw backs of wearing masks is that she it will be hard to identify her.

He is back by popular demand!! The taoiseach Michael Martin will be addressing the nation at 6pm. He will say what he should have said on Tuesday...and some other stuff which will have the press and public bamboozled. Tune in for loads of alliteration and guff, you wont be disappointed.

Level 3 with hints of 4 and 5 coming up...

Tomorrow's Playback will be good (Radio 1, 9am)

Hopes he's alright. Cup of coffee to the face could be a nasty situation.

Martin did quite well there. Cut out the flowery quotes and the betting and get the message across clearly and simply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

About time. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's about stemming a virus during a pandemic not holiday pay. FF/FG (and the Greens?) should have governed.
    A union had to look after the public interest during a global pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Bowie wrote: »
    It's about stemming a virus during a pandemic not holiday pay. FF/FG (and the Greens?) should have governed.
    A union had to look after the public interest during a global pandemic.

The problem with the meat factories is the conditions that the workers are living in and working under. Until those are sorted then there be outbreaks in the factories.

Martin did quite well there. Cut out the flowery quotes and the betting and get the message across clearly and simply.

Much improved today. Learned a lesson. I still think many businesses in Dublin will be furious at the 6 hour notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Much improved today. Learned a lesson. I still think many businesses in Dublin will be furious at the 6 hour notice.

I think this has been on the cards since last week.
    Not a surprise really.

• Advertisement

I think this has been on the cards since last week.
    Not a surprise really.

Restaurants only started hearing about closure on Tuesday after the press conference fiasco.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement