Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Restaurants only started hearing about closure on Tuesday after the press conference fiasco.

Michael's slightly stronger performance doesn't get away from the shambles of the week.
    The callous way they leaked the bad news was disrespectful to the people affected and utterly chaotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Restaurants only started hearing about closure on Tuesday after the press conference fiasco.

I was talking to someone last weekend and they could tell me that Dublin would be locked down this week

If anyone didn't see it coming they are a bit stupid. Its on the cards for ages now

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    I was talking to someone last weekend and they could tell me that Dublin would be locked down this week

If anyone didn't see it coming they are a bit stupid. Its on the cards for ages now

I agree. They shouldn't have dithered about the decision for a second. Too many vested interests seem to paralyse FG or FF. If there was a threat to public health they should have acted.

I agree. They shouldn't have dithered about the decision for a second. Too many vested interests seem to paralyse FG or FF. If there was a threat to public health they should have acted.

How can anyone combat these sort of clowns

https://www.facebook.com/518620081515968/posts/3793727160671894/?vh=e&extid=x51L97HwtQZ7RgqW&d=w

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

O

So why not announce it at the chaotic Tuesday press conference along with the new Covid plan? Coalition of chaos?

Your use of the word 'lockdown' is simplistic and meaningless. Dublin is at Level 3 but closing restaurants is actually Level 4.

O

So why not announce it at the chaotic Tuesday press conference along with the new Covid plan? Coalition of chaos?

Your use of the word 'lockdown' is simplistic and meaningless. Dublin is at Level 3 but closing restaurants is actually Level 4.

So you’re going on circles

First complaining nobody knew about the lockdown

Now you want Dublin locked down quicker. Which is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

O

Seems to be suggesting FF/FG/Green are 'a bit stupid'.
    Its tough to stay on message when you've NPHET pulling you one way and vested interests pulling you the other.

So you’re going on circles

First complaining nobody knew about the lockdown

Now you want Dublin locked down quicker. Which is it?

Hmmmm, I think you missed the point and made up some stuff.
    The plan only came out on Tuesday. Level 2 for entire country. Rumour had it that Dublin would be Level 3 by weekend. Dublin is Level 3 now but restaurants are Level 4. Many restaurant owners accepted Level 3 was coming but did not think they would be shut down completely. The Covid thread is very good for these discussions too.

But keep using the term locked down if it makes it easier for you. Night night.

Hmmmm, I think you missed the point and made up some stuff.
    The plan only came out on Tuesday. Level 2 for entire country. Rumour had it that Dublin would be Level 3 by weekend. Dublin is Level 3 now but restaurants are Level 4. Many restaurant owners accepted Level 3 was coming but did not think they would be shut down completely. The Covid thread is very good for these discussions too.

But keep using the term locked down if it makes it easier for you. Night night.

Are you spokesperson for restaurants in Dublin?

Rumour had it? Rumour had it days and days before last Tuesday. If you asked on the Tuesday before majority of people could tell you Dublin was heading for lockdown based on the trends . The hope was people would cop on and stop the trend

Also I’m sure politician have been warning for days since the Tuesday announcement I don’t sit watching rte news but I’m sure some of you can confirm deny that statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Michael's slightly stronger performance doesn't get away from the shambles of the week.
    The callous way they leaked the bad news was disrespectful to the people affected and utterly chaotic.

He’s not an actor and this is not the Oscars. Sick to death of idiots judging politicians who are supposed to be running the country, by their delivery of speech’s.

Are you spokesperson for restaurants in Dublin?

Rumour had it? Rumour had it days and days before last Tuesday. If you asked on the Tuesday before majority of people could tell you Dublin was heading for lockdown based on the trends . The hope was people would cop on and stop the trend

Also I’m sure politician have been warning for days since the Tuesday announcement I don’t sit watching rte news but I’m sure some of you can confirm deny that statement

The restaurant spokesman is on Playback this morning. Radio 1. It will be on Player and is repeated tomorrow. He was interviewed on Thursday. Excellent radio program. Very enjoyable this morning.

Closing restaurants is still not Level 3. You accept that?

He’s not an actor and this is not the Oscars. Sick to death of idiots judging politicians who are supposed to be running the country, by their delivery of speech’s.

All people are looking for is clarity and leadership including the ability to clearly answer questions when rolling out a long awaited and heralded plan. Go back and watch the Tuesday press conference and you will cringe. The initial questions from the press were not difficult at all.

eh?

He is doing a disastrous job thus far 'running the country' they all are.

But he delivered the message well this time. I never said anything about 'acting' that seems to be the preserve of the other lad who takes bets on wedging movie quotes into his speeches. Now that does require 'acting' skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

eh?

He is doing a disastrous job thus far 'running the country' they all are.

But he delivered the message well this time. I never said anything about 'acting' that seems to be the preserve of the other lad who takes bets on wedging movie quotes into his speeches. Now that does require 'acting' skills.

Not sure how you qualify how bad a job they're doing running the country.
    A bit of an explanation on that might help.
    It's unsettling and unprecedented times tbf so what aren't you happy with and why?

It's unsettling and unprecedented times tbf so what aren't you happy with and why?

It read as a compliment to MM giving a good speech/message to the public, to me anyway.
    He's not been very inspiring thus far.
    Bad quality? The shambles of the last few months specifically the last few days I'd imagine. Announcing one thing and overriding a few days later.
    They should simply follow the advice of professionals and if any substitute teacher needs advice they can step in.

Are you serious? Do you want a list of screw ups over the past 90 days of this coalition of chaos?

The chaos since the start, the chaos getting to the start, the signs that the chaos and jostling for position will continue?

The chaos since the start, the chaos getting to the start, the signs that the chaos and jostling for position will continue?

Maybe quoting 'Mean Girls' was a hint of the PFG style of governing?

• Advertisement

It’s not the government’s fault that the people returned such a result in the general election. They put their many differences aside for the good of the country.
    When the pandemic struck, the then government acted fast to ensure that every citizen had the means to at least feed themselves and their families.
    Guidelines were brought in to get the country back up and running. The country started from having very little PPE, testing facilities, etc to just about having enough in a very short period of time.
    For the most part, citizens are doing their best to protect themselves and their families. Those who aren’t are putting the responsible ones at risk. Yet, some posters are blaming the government for the actions of those irresponsible people.

He isn’t from Sinn Fein, that’s the only reason he is doing a bad job according to the mob on here

It’s not the government’s fault that the people returned such a result in the general election. They put their many differences aside for the good of the country.
    When the pandemic struck, the then government acted fast to ensure that every citizen had the means to at least feed themselves and their families.
    Guidelines were brought in to get the country back up and running. The country started from having very little PPE, testing facilities, etc to just about having enough in a very short period of time.
    For the most part, citizens are doing their best to protect themselves and their families. Those who aren’t are putting the responsible ones at risk. Yet, some posters are blaming the government for the actions of those irresponsible people.

If someone isn't wearing a mask or social distancing, that's on them.
    If business are open and knowingly spreading covid and nothing is being done or the message coming out changes and contradics itself within days or ministers flout their own recommendations...thats firmly on government.

It's the previous governments fault that the people rejected them.

The people have had no say on the new government yet.

And NO they haven't put their differences aside which is what the 'jostling for position' comment is about.

Bowie wrote: »
    If business are open and knowingly spreading covid and nothing is being done or the message coming out changes and contradics itself within days or ministers flout their own recommendations...thats firmly on government.

I have a friend going to Wexford next week to a hotel, she is in Dublin and wasn’t going to travel. Rang hotel this morning and they said no problem come on down, they see no reason to cancel...similar happening all over Ireland I bet

What your plan to stop that? How do you think your fav SF would stop if in power?

It has nothing on the government, but you know that

The term 'coalition of chaos' was used back in July. That was before the FFG Elite coronaparty in Clifden. That was before they lost a 2nd minister for Agriculture. It was before the Minister for Education went into hiding because she had no answers. It was before the Covid Plan debacle this week. The Dail had to return from their holidays early to contain the chaos. This government have found new levels of chaos.

Anyone who thinks the government are doing a good job must accept a lot of inadequacy in their lives. Maybe that's why we have such a shoddy political system - too many people are willing to accept poor public service.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/editorial/callearys-exit-indicates-a-government-in-chaos-39469217.html
    At a time when so many people have sacrificed so much, in years to come when asked what the Coalition did for the country during its darkest hour, it may have to live with the jibe: "They dined for Ireland."

The resignation of Agriculture Minister Dara Calleary after a matter of weeks, following on the heels of the dismissal of Barry Cowen from the same post, has the signature of chaos about it.

This is the opposite of leadership.

A government is supposed to set standards, not lower them. Doing things right, and doing the right things, is its remit; right now it looks incapable of doing either.

With people forced to forego attendance at funerals and others having to suspend cancer treatments, such behaviour strikes at the heart of all caring professionals and patients. It smacks of arrogance, conceit and selfishness and has understandably tapped new depths of public contempt.

Such disregard drives a coach and four through the concept we are all in this together.

The term 'coalition of chaos' was used back in July. That was before the FFG Elite coronaparty in Clifden. That was before they lost a 2nd minister for Agriculture. It was before the Minister for Education went into hiding because she had no answers. It was before the Covid Plan debacle this week. The Dail had to return from their holidays early to contain the chaos. This government have found new levels of chaos.

Anyone who thinks the government are doing a good job must accept a lot of inadequacy in their lives. Maybe that's why we have such a shoddy political system - too many people are willing to accept poor public service.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/editorial/callearys-exit-indicates-a-government-in-chaos-39469217.html

If all else fails post a link to the Golf event :P

Any outrage for the so called funeral in the North? or was that ok because it was a specific party?

Bowie wrote: »

This makes zero sense.....

If all else fails post a link to the Golf event :examiner

Any outrage for the so called funeral in the North? or was that ok because it was a specific party?

I dont vote for SF and this is a thread on the FFG government.
    Do you disagree with any of my previous post or are you just having a moan?

• Advertisement

I dont vote for SF and this is a thread on the FFG government.
    Do you disagree with any of my previous post or are you just having a moan?

If you want to post every day about the Golf event I am sure the forum has a dedicated thread

It was not a governement event, it had one member of the government. Who was sacked. It was a private function which should never of happened from the Golf club point of view, the hotel and everyone that attended.

Why you feel the need to post every single day about it? please explain?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement