Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Hawthorn Tree

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    If you want to post every day about the Golf event I am sure the forum has a dedicated thread

It was not a governement event, it had one member of the government. Who was sacked. It was a private function which should never of happened from the Golf club point of view, the hotel and everyone that attended.

Why you feel the need to post every single day about it? please explain?

Folks were suggesting that the government weren't doing a bad job. My post referenced the term the 'coalition of chaos' which was being used long before the Clifden elite dinner - I also reference the Minister for Education, The Covid Plan debacle etc. I never mentioned the 1st Minister for Education or Phil Hogan who also showed poor leadership.

The key points in the posts were in the article.
    The resignation of Agriculture Minister Dara Calleary after a matter of weeks, following on the heels of the dismissal of Barry Cowen from the same post, has the signature of chaos about it.

This is the opposite of leadership.

A government is supposed to set standards, not lower them. Doing things right, and doing the right things, is its remit; right now it looks incapable of doing either.

With people forced to forego attendance at funerals and others having to suspend cancer treatments, such behaviour strikes at the heart of all caring professionals and patients. It smacks of arrogance, conceit and selfishness and has understandably tapped new depths of public contempt.

Such disregard drives a coach and four through the concept we are all in this together.

The 3 months of chaos have damaged the public confidence in the FFG government. There has been a serious loss of public confidence and goodwill throughout. The coronavirus will not be defeated without public goodwill.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    If someone isn't wearing a mask or social distancing, that's on them.
    If business are open and knowingly spreading covid and nothing is being done or the message coming out changes and contradics itself within days or ministers flout their own recommendations...thats firmly on government.

No, that’s on the business.

Surprising to see posters like yourself letting businesses off with a pass.

The meat factories didn’t buy enough PPE. The Bridge House Hotel let a group of 40 golfers stay there. Golf clubs let them play, and pubs and restaurants opened their doors to them. All of those activities were against government guidelines and are on the businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

blanch152 wrote: »

The meat factories didn’t buy enough PPE. The Bridge House Hotel let a group of 40 golfers stay there. Golf clubs let them play, and pubs and restaurants opened their doors to them. All of those activities were against government guidelines and are on the businesses.

It seems a lot of strongly held views on here change with the wind....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The chaos since the start, the chaos getting to the start, the signs that the chaos and jostling for position will continue?

A public relations disaster I accept, Cowen, golf gate, mixed messages OK.
    But as to the actual governance and how the country is going what's wrong?
    I don't think there's been too much wrong done, the news is basically about the pr end of the thing really, but I think they've made the right decisions mostly.
    Hindsight is, 20/20 vision, but they're having to act on the hoof and basing things on numbers.
    None of that can be predicted and people's own complacency has become our biggest problem now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »

You didn't understand. The point is any business behaving in such a manner should be shut down until they comply. Been repeatedly very clear on that. As have others. How are you missing this?
    Leaving them to their own devices to the detriment of public health is a government failure.

Is how we deal with Covid the latest of your examples of how any crisis management is nothing to do with the authorities?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Sunday Times, B&A
    Taken 3rd-15th Sep

Sinn Féin 32% (+2)
    Fine Gael 30% (+1)
    Fianna Fáil 19% (-1)
    Greens 5% (-1)
    Labour 3% (-)
    Soc Dem 1% (-)
    Sol/PBP/Rise 1% (-)
    Ind/Others 9% (-)

margin of Error is +/-3.3
    900+ surveyed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Sunday Times, B&A
    Taken 3rd-15th Sep

Sinn Féin 32% (+2)
    Fine Gael 30% (+1)
    Fianna Fáil 19% (-1)
    Greens 5% (-1)
    Labour 3% (-)
    Soc Dem 1% (-)
    Sol/PBP/Rise 1% (-)
    Ind/Others 9% (-)

Oh there maybe trouble ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

You didn't understand. The point is any business behaving in such a manner should be shut down until they comply. Been repeatedly very clear on that. As have others. How are you missing this?
    Leaving them to their own devices to the detriment of public health is a government failure.

Is how we deal with Covid the latest of your examples of how any crisis management is nothing to do with the authorities?

The posters your replying too don't seem to realise they are basically supporting your argument.
    The government is afraid to legislate to deal with these issues. I have changed my views a bit about Covid-19 but if the situation actually warrants the economic and social damage that is occuring then they need to actually legislate those guidelines, if they aren't that important then they need to stop legislating the things they do which are hurting the economy

How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I don’t put too much stock in polls but at least the FG brethren will stop using the sudocream of 'most popular' to try put coming 3rd behind them.

• Advertisement

I don’t put too much stock in polls but at least the FG brethren will stop using the sudocream of 'most popular' to try put coming 3rd behind them.

900 people out of 5 million

Doesn’t seem like a good indicator

• Registered Users Posts: 69,202 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

900 people out of 5 million

Doesn’t seem like a good indicator

Pretty much all polls are conducted with the same sample size.

How?

The people are seeing FF havnt a clue and all FG are interested in is making themselves look popular and make FF look bad

As for the Greens, they have just ruined their party by joining the fiasco

The people are seeing FF havnt a clue and all FG are interested in is making themselves look popular and make FF look bad

As for the Greens, they have just ruined their party by joining the fiasco

And what’s an opinion poll going to do?

Can an election be called because of an opinion poll?

And what’s an opinion poll going to do?

Can an election be called because of an opinion poll?

No but it will be when Leo thinks he can win

Pretty much all polls are conducted with the same sample size.

So would that not suggest opinion polls are fairly irrelevant?

Sorry misread it, I still don’t get why FG would call an election now when they are in second?

Could you explain?

Poll was taken 12 days ago....before the 5 point plan fiasco,before ffg fairly public spat with nephet and the dublin lockdown/unfolding diaster in waterford

Quite why it was kept under wraps and hidden,so long is beyond me

So would that not suggest opinion polls are fairly irrelevant?

No, not irrelevant, interesting to watch the trends.

Polls were more or less accurate in the lead up to the last election.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Any news from the PSNI re the Bobby Storey debacle.

Did Pearse get a letter.

• Advertisement

Sorry misread it, I still don’t get why FG would call an election now when they are in second?

Could you explain?

Journalists were quoting sources within FG last week who were keen to go to the country. They were just reluctant to be seen to collapse the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Did Pearse get a letter.

Wrong thread buddy. But since you reminded me how's the golf gate Garda investigation going? Oh and has anyone in FFG named the remaining guests yet?

Did Pearse get a letter.

Good to see you are up to date with affairs on the island Brendan.

I don't know the answer to your question, might be wiser to ask on a relevant thread, just an idea.

Did Pearse get a letter.

Speaking of the psni....have our ex psni member and present garda commissioner or government passed comment on his covering up 150 or murders?

Journalists were quoting sources within FG last week who were keen to go to the country. They were just reluctant to be seen to collapse the government.

Link to these journalist? I have seen nothing but I don’t spend my life on the web trying to find stuff on FG/FF

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Good to see you are up to date with affairs on the island Brendan.

I don't know the answer to your question, might be wiser to ask on a relevant thread, just an idea.

Well Francie, seeing that Fg are being blamed for the actions of everyone on this jurisdiction, thought it was just as relevant.

I think that’s a fair assumption.

Sorry but so far it’s fairly baffling the commentary on this opinion poll

From my understanding is taken over a tiny tiny percentage of population, has no power or the result in reality means nothing

Yet people on here are jumping for joy and saying it will have some affect? Why?

So far the responses have been, well a load of toss

Did Pearse get a letter.

We have seen this one before, what about Sinn Féin

It has worked well latley

Well Francie, seeing that Fg are being blamed for the actions of everyone on this jurisdiction, thought it was just as relevant.

I think that’s a fair assumption.

FG appointed the present garda commissioer who helped coverup 150 murders....why has there been a media/government blackout on this?

The presidemts dog dying made the news....but radio silence on this.....wtf

• Advertisement

Link to these journalist? I have seen nothing but I don’t spend my life on the web trying to find stuff on FG/FF

Tetchy this evening aren't we? :)

It was on radio as it happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement