Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    So you “missed” the post from a person accusing the Garda commissioner of all sorts which took the thread down this rabbit hole?

You seem to pick and choose what you quote and what you can reference. Silliness is exactly what it is.

So back to the original topic of the opinion poll, you all seemed very excited about it so tell me again why seeing as it is completely irrelevant and the post you made about Fg wanting to go to election was more bulls**t with no source

:D Could you show me one thread on boards that stays on one topic all the time?
    And 'the poster' didn't make allegations about the Garda Com...thos allegations are already made by facts, that are contained in the two sources I posted. Which of those FACTS do you not believe?

I don't get excited about opinion polls as I already said they are nteresting at a given point in time and are relevant for that reason. You dismissed this one on the sample size but don't seem to know that all polls use in and around that size of a sample.
    As to the journalist quoting sources within FG...don't believe it if you don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

It isn't asking for a sub from me...curiously. And not sure what issue you have with a perfectly respectful publication but anyway, in the interests of your education here's another link.

https://www.relativesforjustice.com/drew-harris-shows-ruc-special-branch-legacy-is-safe-in-his-hands/

RFJ is just another front for SF. The dogs on the street know that folks. Yet another vehicle to exploit grief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Some posters take exception to others posting in what they see as support for the government, no matter the makeup of said government. When that doesn’t seem to work, they move on to personal attacks people like the Garda Commissioner.
    No doubt they’ll find something else to complain when no one bites on that topic!

I don’t support the government and I have been crystal clear about that

So far in regards to posting I have said people should have personal responsibility and that caused untold issues over two days from first one guy who didn’t understand what “personal responsibility” means, then when he scuttled off his mate joined in, jumped around for a few hours to then admit he was wrong and scuttled off as well

Tonight I ask about opinion poll and suddenly they are off talking About murders in the North. Like WTF is going on here?

FF/FG/Greens are not a great government, so far, but they are they best of a terrible bunch. If we had a better alternative I would walk the streets to get them into power but we don’t. I just hope the current lads/ladies manage to pull it together, not for them but for the good tax paying people if ireland.

If they don’t then we may all just move to Malta

RFJ is just another front for SF. The dogs on the street know that folks. Yet another vehicle to exploit grief

I never heard of them, had a quick read of website and it was clear they had a specific agenda

They are relatives of people who were killed by a gang that had members of the British Army and the RUC in it.

They have been ignored by the political power swap here FG and FF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    You're calling the relatives of victim crackpots? Wow. Talk about in the gutter. What a classless thing to say.

They aren’t relatives of victims, they are relatives of criminals.

I don’t support the government and I have been crystal clear about that

So far in regards to posting I have said people should have personal responsibility and that caused untold issues over two days from first one guy who didn’t understand what “personal responsibility” means, then when he scuttled off his mate joined in, jumped around for a few hours to then admit he was wrong and scuttled off as well

Tonight I ask about opinion poll and suddenly they are off talking About murders in the North. Like WTF is going on here?

FF/FG/Greens are not a great government, so far, but they are they best of a terrible bunch. If we had a better alternative I would walk the streets to get them into power but we don’t. I just hope the current lads/ladies manage to pull it together, not for them but for the good tax paying people if ireland.

If they don’t then we may all just move to Malta

:D:D It isn't YOUR thread. That is why the topic changes from time to time. Anything that is the responsibility of the present government is relevant for discussion here.
    If you have a problem take it up with a mod. If they think people are deliberately deflecting to irrelevant stuff they will take action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Some posters take exception to others posting in what they see as support for the government, no matter the makeup of said government. When that doesn’t seem to work, they move on to personal attacks people like the Garda Commissioner.
    No doubt they’ll find something else to complain when no one bites on that topic!

Asking for accountability of people in higher office is personal attacks? Drew Harris has questions to answer. If you're that sensitive I can only imagine what you think of grieving families of murder victims being labeled 'crackpots'. Horrendous thing to say.

:D Could you show me one thread on boards that stays on one topic all the time?
    And 'the poster' didn't make allegations about the Garda Com...thos allegations are already made by facts, that are contained in the two sources I posted. Which of those FACTS do you not believe?

I don't get excited about opinion polls as I already said they are nteresting at a given point in time and are relevant for that reason. You dismissed this one on the sample size but don't seem to know that all polls use in and around that size of a sample.
    As to the journalist quoting sources within FG...don't believe it if you don't want to.

No they are not facts, if that was the case the man would be in jail. They are rumours made up by a group with an agenda and you didn’t supply any relevant sources. As pointed o it by another poster your village people is rubbish. The relatives for rubbish was also not viable.

Posting out propaganda might work on some people, unfortunately for you it doesn’t work on me. You and your little mate need to provide a proper source. I am waiting, will get some more popcorn, I doubt it will arrive

I asked about the opinion poll, never got a full answer as you lads headed off down a rabbit hole, plus I was responding to someone, maybe you suggesting this was going to start an election which was clearly bulls**t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

I never heard of them, had a quick read of website and it was clear they had a specific agenda

Relatives for justice. Who could be against that, right?
    Until you dig a little deeper...
    People in the south need to wise up to this kind of stuff

• Advertisement

:D:D It isn't YOUR thread. That is why the topic changes from time to time. Anything that is the responsibility of the present government is relevant for discussion here.
    If you have a problem take it up with a mod. If they think people are deliberately deflecting to irrelevant stuff they will take action.

You do realise you complained about the thread going off topic? Not me. You do understand?

It is a good example of the standard of you’re posts, at the moment you are asking yourself to report you to the mods!!!!

It’s not hard to dig. The lad on here trying to make out I was terrible to question them just confirmed my initial opinion

You will find a large majority of the south are well aware of these groups, hence why over 75% of people still don’t vote for a certain party

No they are not facts, if that was the case the man would be in jail. They are rumours made up by a group with an agenda and you didn’t supply any relevant sources. As pointed o it by another poster your village people is rubbish. The relatives for rubbish was also not viable.
    Posting out propaganda might work on some people, unfortunately for you it doesn’t work on me. You and your little mate need to provide a proper source. I am waiting, will get some more popcorn, I doubt it will arrive

I asked about the opinion poll, never got a full answer as you lads headed off down a rabbit hole, plus I was responding to someone, maybe you suggesting this was going to start an election which was clearly bulls**t
    Drew Harris was a senior PSNI officer when they shut down the Glennane inquiry 'unlawfully' according to the courts. He was pictured sitting beside his chief at the appeal which they lost. Fact.

The Village Magazine is a respected magazine started by Vincent Browne, it might be controversial and a pain in the ass of the power swap parties but there are no mistruths or slander in that article only backed up fact. No longer surprised you will ignore any link.

And you are just lying now about the opinion poll questions...I have answered twice now. What more can I do.

Don't you believe the content of Unquiet Graves?

It’s not hard to dig. The lad on here trying to make out I was terrible to question them just confirmed my initial opinion

You will find a large majority of the south are well aware of these groups, hence why over 75% of people still don’t vote for a certain party

78% didn't vote for FG nor 76% for FF but look what they got.

Drew Harris was a senior PSNI officer when they shut down the Glennane inquiry 'unlawfully' according to the courts. He was pictured sitting beside his chief at the appeal which they lost. Fact.

The Village Magazine is a respected magazine started by Vincent Browne, it might be controversial and a pain in the ass of the power swap parties but there are no mistruths or slander in that article only backed up fact. No longer surprised you will ignore any link.

And you are just lying now about the opinion poll questions...I have answered twice now. What more can I do.

Ahh back to accusations and then accusing me of lying....you need to google the meaning of the word fact.

Spinning out lies you got down the local RA love in is not fact. Not really anything to do with the current government either

You do realise you complained about the thread going off topic? Not me. You do understand?

I complained about the thread being deflected to another party...not mentioned in the thread title. Geddit?

78% didn't vote for FG nor 76% for FF but look what they got.

Did I say they did? Again I ask the question, can you read? You seem to constantly ignore the contents of someone’s post

Ahh back to accusations and then accusing me of lying....you need to google the meaning of the word fact.

Spinning out lies you got down the local RA love in is not fact. Not really anything to do with the current government either

What is not factual about what I said?

• Advertisement

Did I say they did? Again I ask the question, can you read? You seem to constantly ignore the contents of someone’s post

No you didn't say...but you assumed that 75% didn't vote for them for a specific reason when you have no idea why they didn't.

The lad famous for smoking weed and rubbing himself off on a live feed to Europe is who you quote?

No you didn't say...but you assumed that 75% didn't vote for them for a specific reason when you have no idea why they didn't.

How the do you know what I assume?

Because you said it. :)
    Redgirl82 wrote:

The Member of the European Parliament. And you are?

Because you said it. :)

What are you talking about? I am trying to be nice here but every post you struggle to read and then your response is just rubbish you have made up.

Why is that?

The Member of the European Parliament. And you are?

???

So do you think that you are a member of the European Parliament or do you think Francie is?

I’m not sure anyone asked that question, maybe you could explain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

???

So do you think that you are a member of the European Parliament or do you think Francie is?

I’m not sure anyone asked that question, maybe you could explain?

This thread has taken a bad turn Red, don’t get dragged down rabbit holes.

This thread has taken a bad turn Red, don’t get dragged down rabbit holes.

I think it hilarious, if the department of education ever wanted to see how bad Ireland has got they could have a read over this rubbish

Also the affect of social media on some people, they will actually believe any sort of s**t posted on the internet

I’m sure a lot of them here would argue the earth is flat if the government put out a release saying it wasn’t.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? I am trying to be nice here but every post you struggle to read and then your response is just rubbish you have made up.

Why is that?

I am talking about what you 'assumed' and I can read what that was because you told us yourself what it was. Here you are AGAIN saying it:

Redgirl82 wrote:

Now, unless you can show us the data as to why 75% didn't vote for SF then that above is an 'assumption'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement